PDA

View Full Version : Greeks too violent to attend their own championship

ChumpDumper
02-18-2009, 02:19 PM
From proexposure today:

Only 1,200 fans get to see Cup Finals

Those that are in control of these sort of things in Greece have made a decision today regarding the Greek Cup Finals between annual powerhouses Olympiacos and Panathinaikos. As we all know these two clubs compete for almost everything in sports in Greece so understandably are huge rivals. Earlier this month the two came together for the Volleyball Cup and before it could be completed it had to postponed due to the violence between the two clubs fans. The authorities (and the police) have decided they can keep a lesser amount of fans from getting rowdy so only 600 fans from each team will be allowed into the arena for the Finals. Each teams followers will have to enter and leave from different sides of the arena. This plan was used last year and the violence was kept to a minimum. There have been times when judgments have been passed down that allowed NO fans to be in attendance of a certain game so the 1,200 that will get to see this one on February 22 at the Hellenikon indoor arena should be thankful.

Here's a picture that will give you the idea what the finals crowd at the Hellenikon will look like:

http://www.stadia.gr/hellinikon/hellinikon9.jpg

:lmao

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-18-2009, 02:53 PM
This is not news. It is always this way. During that Volleyball match they speak of some PAO fans stabbed the Olympiacos coach with a knife. So now they are just being more careful.

This is one of main reasons why attendance seem low in Greece. Also season tickets are never count in attendance like they are in NBA. Olympiacos otherwise would have sell out every game. But unlike in NBA these tickets are not counted in attendance figure.

Also you probably did not know that there is rule in Greek league that no one can attend home game of any team unless they are a supporter of that club? In NBA anyone can buy ticket and attend any game. In Greece this is not allowed. Only people that can enter into the arena are fans of the home club.

This is another way NBA fans do not understand differences in attendance in Greece. That is why for Cup final it must be play on neutral court (home of Panionios) and why only 1,200 fans is allowed into 15,000 arena. And also why only 600 for each team and are divided on each side by riot police.

But this is nothing. In Greece there has been many times when championships were play in closed arena. Only players and coaches was allow in arena and even there are games where no tv or reporters can come in. This is because after riots and fires during games the teams get punished.

This story is only story to Americans. In Greece it is always this way. Believe me the arena would have 15,000 for sure in this game if not for these rules. They could fill 35,000 arena for sure for this game actually. But these things cannot be allowed because if they do there will be deaths and fires.

But all NBA fan can see in his USA only world is that "no one goes to see games in Greece":rolleyes It is nothing to do with that.

koriwhat
02-18-2009, 02:57 PM
lame! what is this HS bball?

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-18-2009, 03:01 PM
lame! what is this HS bball?

There would be deaths and fires if they allowed the arena to be filled with 7,500 PAO fans 7,500 Olympiacos fans. There would also be many riots and fires and looting in city of Athens.

nkdlunch
02-18-2009, 03:04 PM
how medieval

scanry
02-18-2009, 03:06 PM
how medieval

more like how gay & uncivilized. :rolleyes

LockBeard
02-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Descendants of Heracles.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2009, 03:08 PM
There would be deaths and fires if they allowed the arena to be filled with 7,500 PAO fans 7,500 Olympiacos fans. There would also be many riots and fires and looting in city of Athens.

And Americans are supposed to be the violent ones?

BlackSwordsMan
02-18-2009, 03:23 PM
lol@ the greek chairs

robbie380
02-18-2009, 03:32 PM
the only good greek is a dead greek....let them fight it out.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-18-2009, 03:36 PM
You see? In Greece this is just the way it is.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/greece/4687971/Bomb-defused-outside-Citibank-HQ-in-Athens.html

Bomb defused outside Citibank HQ in Athens

Police in Athens defused a "powerful" makeshift time bomb on Wednesday outside the Greek headquarters of US banking group Citibank, a police source said.

Last Updated: 12:00PM GMT 18 Feb 2009
Bomb defused outside Citibank HQ in Athens

The bomb, consisting of a clock and explosives packed in gas cylinders, was hidden in the rear of a stolen car parked outside the Citibank building in the northern suburb of Kifissia.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility, the police source said.

Banks in Greece are routinely targeted by suspected anarchist groups that usually employ Molotov cocktails and gas canister bombs.

Police have been investigating a spate of arson attacks in Athens and Thessaloniki last week against newspaper offices, senior justice officials, a university professor and a prominent opposition politician.

On Tuesday evening, four hooded men opened fire at cars parked outside a Greek television station in Athens before fleeing on motorbikes. The station is run by a publisher who also owns a newspaper hit in last week's attacks.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Primitive people should be allowed to kill themselves off.

Most forms of modern art, poetry, philosophy and democracy was all created by Greeks you fuking idiot.

IronMexican
02-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Sheep fucking and Gyro's was all created by Greeks you fuking idiot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey, where is that chic with the bouncing tits. I think thats the only reason people respond to your posts...:lol

:lmao

BlackSwordsMan
02-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Most forms of modern art, poetry, philosophy and democracy was all created by Greeks you fuking idiot.

I thought romans did all that

Indazone
02-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Descendants of Heracles.

The chick in your sig wants me!

TheProfessor
02-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Well, they're enthusiastic, have to give them that.

stretch
02-18-2009, 05:28 PM
what a bunch of fucking dumbasses

Obstructed_View
02-19-2009, 04:06 AM
what a bunch of fucking dumbasses

QFT. Sports should be banned there if that's how those idiots are going to behave.

ginobili's bald spot
02-19-2009, 05:04 AM
But all NBA fan can see in his USA only world is that "no one goes to see games in Greece":rolleyes It is nothing to do with that.

Now we know it's because Greeks are a bunch of hairy uncivilized monkeys. Thanks for clearing that up. :toast

ata
02-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Today Greeks have nothing in common with ancient Greeks, except the name.

samikeyp
02-19-2009, 07:33 AM
They could fill 35,000 arena for sure for this game actually. But these things cannot be allowed because if they do there will be deaths and fires.

Hence the problem.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-19-2009, 08:25 AM
idiots. Same goes for soccer fans in Europe and South America. Heck there was even trouble at the Australian Open because of the Serbians and Croatians using a sport as a political voice, douche bags.

Anyone that causes trouble at a sporting event should be banned for life. It has got out of hand. Those people aren't real fans, they just use sports as some lame excuse to fill a void in their worthless lives. Sounds harsh i know but it's a friggin' game, nothing more.

mogrovejo
02-19-2009, 08:54 AM
As per usual, KBP is being over-dramatic. I've attended Greek A1 League games and I'm not a fan of any Greek team. In the last Pao vs. Oly games there were some coins thrown at the Olympiacos bench and coaches but that was all. The situation in that voleyball game went out of control so they're punishing the fanbases and being over-cautious here, but it's not exactly the norm. The reason why greek league games generally don't have anybody in the stands is simple because nobody cares to attend. Even regular games from Pao or Oly don't have huge attendences. Btw, those guys are generally soccer fans first and foremost, most of them only attend the Oly vs. Pao derby and I bet many of them don't even know baskeball rules right.

That said, I prefer the European games surrounding environment to the NBA ones. The NBA has the better product on the floor, but the Euroleague has a better one on the stands (some NCAA attendances are also solid). To attend an important game in Badalona, Tel-Aviv or Belgrade is an awesome experience. It's also a reason why there are still some upsets in European Basketball, in spite of the lack of financial parity: a team like Partizan can win some guys solely due to how intimidating their home crowd is. They beat some much better teams because they feed off their fans energy and their opponents get "scared".

idiots. Same goes for soccer fans in Europe and South America. Heck there was even trouble at the Australian Open because of the Serbians and Croatians using a sport as a political voice, douche bags.

Anyone that causes trouble at a sporting event should be banned for life. It has got out of hand. Those people aren't real fans, they just use sports as some lame excuse to fill a void in their worthless lives. Sounds harsh i know but it's a friggin' game, nothing more.

Not really. It was far worse in the 80s, for example, with the British hooligans. Nowadays the situation is still bad in some eastern european countries and in Italy (and in some South American), but it's not a big issue anymore. Keep in mind that some sport rivalries in Europe and America are more than a just a game because they're only a cover-up for some deep social, political or ethnic rivalries. I agree with you though: banning for life (or for an extended period, like 20 years) is the way to go.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Today Greeks have nothing in common with ancient Greeks, except the name.

Alexander of Macedon have blond hair and blue eyes. I also have the blond hair and blue eyes. You think all people is not of same line? Yes most are not but there is still some.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-19-2009, 12:18 PM
As per usual, KBP is being over-dramatic. I've attended Greek A1 League games and I'm not a fan of any Greek team. In the last Pao vs. Oly games there were some coins thrown at the Olympiacos bench and coaches but that was all. The situation in that voleyball game went out of control so they're punishing the fanbases and being over-cautious here, but it's not exactly the norm. The reason why greek league games generally don't have anybody in the stands is simple because nobody cares to attend. Even regular games from Pao or Oly don't have huge attendences. Btw, those guys are generally soccer fans first and foremost, most of them only attend the Oly vs. Pao derby and I bet many of them don't even know baskeball rules right.

That said, I prefer the European games surrounding environment to the NBA ones. The NBA has the better product on the floor, but the Euroleague has a better one on the stands (some NCAA attendances are also solid). To attend an important game in Badalona, Tel-Aviv or Belgrade is an awesome experience. It's also a reason why there are still some upsets in European Basketball, in spite of the lack of financial parity: a team like Partizan can win some guys solely due to how intimidating their home crowd is. They beat some much better teams because they feed off their fans energy and their opponents get "scared".

Not really. It was far worse in the 80s, for example, with the British hooligans. Nowadays the situation is still bad in some eastern european countries and in Italy (and in some South American), but it's not a big issue anymore. Keep in mind that some sport rivalries in Europe and America are more than a just a game because they're only a cover-up for some deep social, political or ethnic rivalries. I agree with you though: banning for life (or for an extended period, like 20 years) is the way to go.

In the championship finals last year between PAO and Olympiacos there was fires set at the Olympiacos bench. The arena was closed and all people had to leave. Also there was a rocket launched at PAO bench. This is more than some coins thrown.

Also the Olympiacos team bus was hijacked by fans and burned and the players attacked. Also there was Olympiacos fans killed outside of PAo arena. 2 members of management office of PAO helped to kill them.

Yes is "just some coins thrown":rollin

mogrovejo
02-19-2009, 12:26 PM
In the championship finals last year between PAO and Olympiacos there was fires set at the Olympiacos bench. The arena was closed and all people had to leave. Also there was a rocket launched at PAO bench. This is more than some coins thrown.

Also the Olympiacos team bus was hijacked by fans and burned and the players attacked. Also there was Olympiacos fans killed outside of PAo arena. 2 members of management office of PAO helped to kill them.

Yes is "just some coins thrown":rollin

Read what I wrote: in the last game. The most dangerous and violent thing I saw was Pekovic raping Oly's interior defenders and getting Drew and Diamantidis open 3s.

Indazone
02-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Hooligans!!

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Read what I wrote: in the last game. The most dangerous and violent thing I saw was Pekovic raping Oly's interior defenders and getting Drew and Diamantidis open 3s.

Oh yes you are correct. There is very strong security now. There will be about 1500 riot cops in the derbies now. So maybe they will no longer have these things happen.