PDA

View Full Version : Marc Berman: Obama should have attended All-star game

manufor3
02-18-2009, 04:34 PM
With the country in a downward economic spiral and two wars abroad, and partisanship still running rampant during President Barack Obama's first month in office, Marc Berman seems to believe that the president should have taken time out to be in Phoenix for the NBA all-star game, to prove to the nation that he is a serious basketball fan.

"It was ironic that Mr. Basketball, President Obama did not attend the All-Star Game but McCain did," Berman writes on his blog for the conservative New York Post.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57354/20090218/should_obama_have_attended_all_star_game/

Spurminator
02-18-2009, 04:39 PM
I think taking that line out of context is a bit misleading. I don't think Berman was implying that Obama SHOULD have attended, just that McCain (one might've thought) was the less likely of the two that would attend. I think he's wrong, frankly, since it makes perfect sense that McCain would attend the festivities in his home state... so the comment is maybe pointless, but I think too much is being read into it by RealGM.

manufor3
02-18-2009, 04:46 PM
I think taking that line out of context is a bit misleading. I don't think Berman was implying that Obama SHOULD have attended, just that McCain (one might've thought) was the less likely of the two that would attend. I think he's wrong, frankly, since it makes perfect sense that McCain would attend the festivities in his home state... so the comment is maybe pointless, but I think too much is being read into it by RealGM.

yeah and obama has better things to do right now then go to phoenix to watch that crappy all-star weekend

BlackSwordsMan
02-18-2009, 04:46 PM
take care of a country going down the shithole or watch the jabbawockeez dance with shaq?
hrm!

TheProfessor
02-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Yes, how ironic that McCain would attend a sporting event in his home state while the President would remain in Washington.

Cue an irrational response from ducks in 3...2...1...

K-State Spur
02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
With the country in a downward economic spiral and two wars abroad, and partisanship still running rampant during President Barack Obama's first month in office, Marc Berman seems to believe that the president should have taken time out to be in Phoenix for the NBA all-star game, to prove to the nation that he is a serious basketball fan.

"It was ironic that Mr. Basketball, President Obama did not attend the All-Star Game but McCain did," Berman writes on his blog for the conservative New York Post.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57354/20090218/should_obama_have_attended_all_star_game/

It's a complete misuse of the word 'irony.'

LockBeard
02-18-2009, 10:10 PM
It's okay, Rev. Jaccccccckkkson had the situation on lock down.