PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sports: Ginobili injury not season-ending

chasky
02-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Source: Ginobili injury not season-ending

The San Antonio Spurs’ delay to release any specific information about Manu Ginobili’s right ankle injury has led some opposing GMs to speculate that the injury could be serious. Delaying the announcement until after the Thursday trade deadline would help keep the Spurs from losing any leverage in their ongoing talks.

Photo One Spurs source denied Manu Ginobili’s ankle injury is potentially season-ending.
(Elsa/Getty Images)

One Spurs source said the team is still waiting on additional test results. When asked whether the injury was potentially season-ending, he said, “No, not at all.”

Spurs officials publicly announced only that Ginobili won’t join them on their road trip and their medical staff continues.

In addition to their failed pursuit of Salmons, the Spurs expressed interest in the Nets’ Carter and the Bucks’ Jefferson. One Western Conference executive acknowledged they have little chance of landing Jefferson.

Bruce Bowen has been offered in nearly every trade discussion because he’s guaranteed only $2 million next season. Center Fabricio Oberto also has a partial guarantee of $1.9 million next season.

The Spurs didn’t announce Ginobili’s absence on their trip until Monday when they were already in New York. Though Ginobili scored 32 points in a loss to the Toronto Raptors, the Spurs’ final game before the All-Star break, team officials say he had been experiencing pain in his right ankle for a while."

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Kori Ellis
02-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Been posted several times already.

spursncowboys
02-18-2009, 09:54 PM

Was it posted in it's own thread?

I don't want to go through 11 pages of something general to get that info. :bang

nkdlunch
02-18-2009, 09:55 PM
yeah i think we definitely need this positive energy thread

DynastyBuilder
02-18-2009, 11:25 PM
:tu

nice! Thanks for posting in it's own thread so I didn't even have to go past page 1 of that other thread.

Spursfan092120
02-18-2009, 11:31 PM
True..but this way we can get right to the positive instead of having to page through the negative.

flipcritic
02-19-2009, 12:36 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiUaOR6RwjOrmanwXoPjbN.8vLYF?slug=aw-tradebuzz021709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Source: Ginobili injury not season-ending

The San Antonio Spurs’ delay to release any specific information about Manu Ginobili’s right ankle injury has led some opposing GMs to speculate that the injury could be serious. Delaying the announcement until after the Thursday trade deadline would help keep the Spurs from losing any leverage in their ongoing talks.

One Spurs source said the team is still waiting on additional test results. When asked whether the injury was potentially season-ending, he said, “No, not at all.”

Spurs officials publicly announced only that Ginobili won’t join them on their road trip.

Ginobili injured his left ankle in last season’s playoffs and underwent surgery in August. The injury to his right ankle, while still potentially significant, is not believed to be as serious as his previous injury.

In addition to their failed pursuit of Salmons, the Spurs expressed interest in the Nets’ Carter and the Bucks’ Jefferson. One Western Conference executive acknowledged they have little chance of landing Jefferson.

Bruce Bowen has been offered in nearly every trade discussion because he’s guaranteed only $2 million next season. Center Fabricio Oberto also has a partial guarantee of $1.9 million next season.

The Spurs didn’t announce Ginobili’s absence on their trip until Monday when they were already in New York. Though Ginobili scored 32 points in a loss to the Toronto Raptors, the Spurs’ final game before the All-Star break, team officials say he had been experiencing pain in his right ankle for a while.

Spursfan092120
02-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Already posted earlier. Always good to hear good news again though. :hat Thanks

flipcritic
02-19-2009, 12:38 AM
My bad. Posted already. Sorry.

Spursfan092120
02-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Was it posted in it's own thread?

I don't want to go through 11 pages of something general to get that info. :bang

Yeah..it was...look down a little ways.

Spursfan092120
02-19-2009, 12:46 AM
My bad. Posted already. Sorry.

s'alright man. I could read this over and over again. :king

Danny.Zhu
02-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Thank god. Hope this is the correct new.