PDA

View Full Version : Suns score 282 points in back-to-back games

GSH
02-19-2009, 02:25 AM
I know it was against the Clippers, but damnation - 142 points in the second night of a back-to-back? Our last B2B was against Toronto, and I'm not sure we could have scored 142 that night if Toronto had taken off the fourth quarter.

We better get some defensive help, because we sure as hell aren't going to outscore any of the good teams this year.

Xylus
02-19-2009, 02:31 AM
The Spurs are still better than the Suns at this junction. If the Suns do get in the playoffs, I'd rather give the Lakers hell in the 1st round, rather than lose to the Spurs again.

Still, after this clusterfuck of a season, it's been so fun to watch our guys score 282 points on a back-to-back. 8 straight quarters of nearly flawless offense against a very poor defense.

And the best part of it all? Goran Dragic is playing really well!

Allanon
02-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Getting rid of Porter put the Suns back in the Playoff picture.

I can see them getting the 4th/5th seed and even higher if Manu really does have a serious injury as rumoured. Even through their funk, they're only 6 losses from the #2 spot.

Ghazi
02-19-2009, 04:03 AM
ONLY 6 losses? 6 losses is a shitload with 30 games left to play.

Allanon
02-19-2009, 04:06 AM
ONLY 6 losses? 6 losses is a shitload with 30 games left to play.

It all depends on what Manu's injury is like. Nuggets will probably take #2 but the Spurs may drop quite a bit if Manu's out. Somebody else posted the Spurs record without Manu is like 1-6.

Ghazi
02-19-2009, 04:08 AM
Suns would have to go like 24-5 or 25-4 to finish ahead of the Spurs.

Spurs should win 53-55 even without Manu.

Allanon
02-19-2009, 04:15 AM
If Manu really is out for the season, I'd say the Spurs fall just short of 50. Again, Manu's injury is unknown, but the Spurs have already lost 2 in a row with Detroit on tap.

Of the remaining 30 Spurs games, I'd say about 20 of them are difficult matches.

Ghazi
02-19-2009, 04:44 AM
75 win dynasty :)

In the end, it probably doesn't matter. The West is garbage and a 1 team race. Barring fluke shots or injuries, the Lakers are gonna blitz to the Finals and then get slain by All the King's muthafuckin men.

Allanon
02-19-2009, 04:47 AM
75 win dynasty :)

In the end, it probably doesn't matter. The West is garbage and a 1 team race. Barring fluke shots or injuries, the Lakers are gonna blitz to the Finals and then get slain by All the King's muthafuckin men.

Of the contenders, the Lakers are the worst matchup for the King and his men. The 3 best Defenders on the Lakers are Kobe/Ariza/Odom and all 3 guys can guard Lebron pretty well.

LeBron works for his points the entire game and is tired by the end.

Add in the fact that Big Z can't guard Pau and Verejao can't guard Odom. If Bynum's back, forget it.

dieman8686
02-19-2009, 04:47 AM
Also all the players played under 30 mins in both games, which is something amazing too.

Ghazi
02-19-2009, 04:49 AM
Is it me or is this the most lopsided WC "race" ever?
During Lakers titles, Spurs were very good and Kings/Blazers as well.
In 03 you had a "trinity" of Mavs/Kings/Spurs, and Lakers still had Shaq/Kobe
In 04 it was Spurs/Lakers/Timberwolves
05-07 it was Suns/Spurs/Mavs

Last year 8 teams had 50-57 wins, so it was balanced.

This year it's a muthafuckin joke. Spurs and Nuggets don't really belong in a "trinity" with the Lakers.

Ghazi
02-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Of the contenders, the Lakers are the worst matchup for the King and his men. The 3 best Defenders on the Lakers are Kobe/Ariza/Odom and all 3 guys can guard Lebron pretty well.

LeBron works for his points the entire game and is tired by the end.

Add in the fact that Big Z can't guard Pau and Verejao can't guard Odom. If Bynum's back, forget it.

Odom sucks bro, this recent stretch is fool's gold.

And, the muthafuckin King getting tired? Puhfuckinleez.

:bking:bking:bking

Allanon
02-19-2009, 05:05 AM

Odom might be having a fluky offensive spurt but his defense has always been there and he's a very good rebounder.

LeBron has shot 31% (23% from 3point) against the Lakers this year. And more importantly, he's been a jumpshooter against the Lakers.

Being guarded by Kobe/Ariza/Odom for most of the game will do that. Cavs against the Lakers don't have that "unstoppable LeBron" advantage they have against most teams.

boutons_
02-19-2009, 06:33 AM
Fool's gold

pawe
02-19-2009, 02:23 PM
I know it was against the Clippers, but damnation - 142 points in the second night of a back-to-back? Our last B2B was against Toronto, and I'm not sure we could have scored 142 that night if Toronto had taken off the fourth quarter.

We better get some defensive help, because we sure as hell aren't going to outscore any of the good teams this year.

Their O system is different from the Spurs.
Its only 2 games in the Gentry era and its against the Clippers with all their bigs out. Wait for the honeymoon stage to wear off.

pauls931
02-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Its only 2 games in the Gentry era and its against the Clippers with all their bigs out. Wait for the honeymoon stage to wear off.

Ya, I'm waiting for a quality team, sounds like that will be the Lakers next week.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-19-2009, 02:46 PM

Say what you want about Lamar but he will destroy JJ Hickson, who's nothing more than a glorified Craig Smith, and that whole Cleveland team in the finals if both of them make.

Given the one player with the skill set that's able to guard Lamar is Lebron, and given the fact Lebron likes to run around and ball hawk rather than guard one certain player, Lamar will go off if the finals is LA vs. Cleveland.

lefty
02-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Yay

SirChaz
02-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Ya, I'm waiting for a quality team, sounds like that will be the Lakers next week.

And the Celtics on Sunday.

pauls931
02-19-2009, 04:25 PM

Oh damn, sooner than I think. That one has to be on TV.

RonMexico
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
If Suns hit 50-51 games, then I think the season is a success. If their old bodies can hold up to the playoffs, then I feel good about getting out of the first round. Would have felt better if that Chandler trade went through because he and the Hornets always kill the Suns and will remain a tough match-up. I see the Suns giving a Bynum-less Lakers or the Spurs a 6-7-game run for their money in the PO's.

RonMexico
02-19-2009, 04:46 PM

Well, I agree that we shouldn't start sucking each other's dicks just yet, but the problems that have plagued the Suns this year are losses to sub-par teams and so if the Suns go 23-8 after the All-Star break by beating the teams they should beat, then I'm satisfied. They don't need to go out and stomp the Celtics and Lakers by 40 in the next few games to become "legit" but they can't lay an egg against both either.

Sometimes this team can be so emotionally fragile, but when you have two reserve F/C that look like girls, it makes sense.

Agloco
02-19-2009, 04:54 PM

That should've stopped you from making a new thread about this......:lol

Allanon
02-19-2009, 07:58 PM

Suns get redemption after getting their ass handed to them the last time.

Suns are beating the Celtics and will bring a 5 game winning streak to the OTHER LA team next week.