PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea with Sac

venitian navigator
02-19-2009, 06:16 AM
Sac in openly in a salary dump mode...
We need a defensive big.
We still need a three / four capable of running, hustling, rebounding, shooting....
Trade idea :

Udoka + sign and trade horry for Nocioni and S. Williams

little3bear
02-19-2009, 06:19 AM
Noc is good, but do u think Bulls will give up him?

afireinside20
02-19-2009, 06:19 AM
Nocioni would be great here!!! He's a tough rugged defender and a guy who could add some decent shooting.

TheDarkSide.
02-19-2009, 06:28 AM
the NOch is an awesome perimeter shooter as for defender i'm not really sure. I'm down though, lets keep the spurs argentinian.

WalterBenitez
02-19-2009, 06:41 AM
Noc in town!? Oh yeah, and we could recover that "DIRTIEST" label we should never had lost.:wow

afireinside20
02-19-2009, 06:45 AM
Yea in a way, I love the "dirty team" better than the "good guys" label. We need to show the other teams that were tough and can bump and push with the best of them. I get tired of teams trying to bring their swagger and cockiness to the Spurs, I absolutely hate it.

vanvannen
02-19-2009, 06:46 AM
Nocioni's been traded to Sacto.

afireinside20
02-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Nocioni's been traded to Sacto.

boo

mountainballer
02-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Sac in openly in a salary dump mode...
We need a defensive big.
We still need a three / four capable of running, hustling, rebounding, shooting....
Trade idea :

Udoka + sign and trade horry for Nocioni and S. Williams

it's not a bad idea when just thinking about availability and needs, the problem here is, that you can't sign Horry to more than 4.2 million, otherwise he would be a BYC player (only half of his salary counts), what makes the scenario fail.
even if they extend the package (Horry S&T + Bruce + JV would work for example) the Spurs would add about 7 million to their payroll, which would cost them an additional amount of almost 12 million for this season. (salary, lux tax, lost tax return)
again, both players might help a bit, but this trade is far from putting the Spurs on top. so it's absolutely not worth the 12 million.

btw. a trade just for Williams wouldn't be that complicated and would keep the Spurs under the threshold.
another trade that works would be Nocioni for Fab+Bruce+cash. (bruce is waived and re signs for the vet min.) Spurs would also avoid lux tax.