PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey time to stop Carter!

Rummpd
03-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Focus time:

Spurs have just enough to handle NJ without Tim and will need to surely.

The primary key will be from the get go pressure defense on Carter - make him work, he will be motivated. I want to see him abused by Bowen ala the last time he shut down Kobe so bad.

The secondary key will be the remaining bigs, Rasho, Horry and Massenburg will need to step up and at least make it a Slovenian wash. Horry and Rasho have both looked better of late and this must carry over. Time to really step up.

The tertiary key: Parker outplaying Kidd, Parker had an off night last night and I believe he will be psyched up for this one. Parker needs to play like a demon for 30 minutes or so and be spelled by Beno, who deserves the playing time period.

What will be the difference? I see Manu carrying the team the next week ala Olympic level play. NJ and Suns etc. better watch out, Manu is going to bring it.

Spurs will win this game, as for the Suns earlier I predicted a blowout by Spurs now it will be close. The key will be both Manu and Parker having outstanding games at the same time = if that doesn't happen hasta la vista.

Also, Pop needs to unleash Nazr for at least a few minutes if Duncan does not play. Spurs big chance will be to go small as well and run like the Suns but also play defense hard throughout the whole game and continue to hit most FTs.

boutons
03-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Spurs "let" Amare get 37 in the blowout win @SBC, so letting one guy go off is not so bad, as long as the Spurs are scoring, which they didn't do @NJN for 3 qtrs, and which they did in Suns@SBC, so Vince's 43 was very dangerous, while Amare's was less than harmless.

I say no problem if Vince scores his 23 PPG, or even 46, since the rest of the Nets offense totally sucks, but the Spurs have to score 90+ to be out of reach of any "payback game" from Carter, while holding the Nets to under 90, or 80. And the Spurs should really get 100+ against the lottery 26-34 Nets.

And the Nets are really weak in big men, so Tim's absence shouldn't be fatal (although it was in loss against weak-big-men/no-Hughes loss @Wiz. When I bitched about losing @Wiz, I was essentially told that the Spurs are pretty shitty without Tim and getting beat by the Wiz was super OK.

Rummpd
03-07-2005, 11:41 AM
It really is gut check time, its at home, Manu and Parker have been playing well = someone like a Barry or Brown really needs to step up big time NOW.

waly.mg
03-07-2005, 02:09 PM
The key against the Nets is going to be in the strategy of Game Is necessary to male one tactical so that Tony and Manu distribute the offensive To work in perfect 1-2, without mattering who score more or less
From my view it would be necessary to give the 1º and the last quarter to Manu and 2º and 3º to Tony
I never see a bad game of Manu when the Team need him or in one Big Game
And without Duncan the team need him and so is a Big Game

Guru of Nothing
03-07-2005, 02:19 PM
someone like a Barry or Brown really needs to step up big time NOW.

I'm thinking it needs to be Rasho.

boutons
03-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Yep, Rasho needs to turn in a solid double-double that he showed last season he's capable of providing in Tim's absence. Esp since Nets don't really have any tough big men.

Phenomanul
03-07-2005, 03:21 PM
The key against the Nets is going to be in the strategy of Game Is necessary to male one tactical so that Tony and Manu distribute the offensive To work in perfect 1-2, without mattering who score more or less
From my view it would be necessary to give the 1º and the last quarter to Manu and 2º and 3º to Tony
I never see a bad game of Manu when the Team need him or in one Big Game
And without Duncan the team need him and so is a Big Game

Tony does best when he jumps out of the gates on fire... Manu is Mr. 4th Quarter so....

it's probably a better option to give Tony the 1st and 3rd quarters and give the 2nd and 4th quarters to Manu...

Medvedenko
03-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Bowen's playing right.....you don't have a problem....

MaNuMaNiAc
03-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Bowen's playing right.....you don't have a problem....By that you mean him sticking to Carter like white on rice and annoying the hell out him? hahaha