PDA

View Full Version : Think we can get OKC to do us a solid?

dougp
02-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Figured if we involved them with the two players they tried to trade off, maybe they can help us out.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aqjgt8

I would expect them to cut Finley & Bowen a la Barry last season. The Pistons get some expiring contracts and the Thunder will get Udoka and Horry (KT is replacing him for the S&T.) Won't require Detroit having to do a buyout and let's them open for the market this summer.

Mal
02-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Interestin idea, but not going to happen. I think OKC is looking for some serious move. They don`t need to dump some players.

OKC should dump Finley, Thomas and Bowen. They don`t need them at all. Plus they don`t want to play for 1st draft pick. So from OKC point of view they got Udoka for two C`s ?

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Generally speaking, GM's get to keep their jobs by doing a solid for their own team, not some former team they used to work for. Maybe Presti gives the Spurs a tiebreaker edge if he's looking at two deals that are close to equal, but he's not going to make a deal that doesn't do anything for his team. And trading his expiring contracts for nothing more than someone else's expiring contracts does nothing for his team.

Holt's Cat
02-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Maybe the Spurs can give Presti more draft picks, so it'd be like old times.

Anyways, I'm not sure what the Spurs can do for Okie City right now.

dougp
02-19-2009, 10:30 AM

The trade was going to be pretty one sided - they don't gain much out of this, the whole idea was to not rely on the Pistons to buy out Bowen & Finley and just get them expiring contracts.

Bartleby
02-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Generally speaking, GM's get to keep their jobs by doing a solid for their own team, not some former team they used to work for.

I guess that doesn't apply to assistant GM's, like Dennis Lindsey.

Holt's Cat
02-19-2009, 10:34 AM
I guess that doesn't apply to assistant GM's, like Dennis Lindsey.

Teflon Pete is his name.

twilo73
02-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Teflon Pete is his name.

Can someone give me the trade specifics siggested by the persn who started this thread? I'm in a blackberry and trade checker doesn't open.

Thanks

dougp
02-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Basically it goes like this:

Spurs:
Ben Wallace

Thunder:
Bruce Bowen (Release)
Michael Finley (Release)
Ime Udoka
Robert Horry (Sign & Trade)

Detroit:
Joe Smith
Chris Wilcox

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Assuming you mean Rasheed, not Ben.

xtremesteven33
02-19-2009, 11:39 AM
:td

Shastafarian
02-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Basically it goes like this:

Spurs:
Ben Wallace

Thunder:
Bruce Bowen (Release)
Michael Finley (Release)
Ime Udoka
Robert Horry (Sign & Trade)

Detroit:
Joe Smith
Chris Wilcox
?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Figured if we involved them with the two players they tried to trade off, maybe they can help us out.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aqjgt8

I would expect them to cut Finley & Bowen a la Barry last season. The Pistons get some expiring contracts and the Thunder will get Udoka and Horry (KT is replacing him for the S&T.) Won't require Detroit having to do a buyout and let's them open for the market this summer.

This is the type of trade that the NBA would investigate. OKC has no reason to do that other than wanting to collude with the team their GM worked for.

texbound
02-19-2009, 11:46 AM

Spurs could throw in Ian and OKC gets Udoka and Ian for Smith and Wilcox. With their attempt at Chandler it appears that OKC is looking for a younger athletic big to team up with Durant. Afterall, Presti was in love with Ian back in the day.

xtremesteven33
02-19-2009, 11:51 AM

dougp
02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
:grim: At least leave a comment.

StoneBuddha
02-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Detroit gets nothing out of this except 2.4 million less in cap space. That's a lot of cap space to sacrifice just to make an outgoing player (sheed) happier.

For any trade to work, Detroit has to get additional cap space or a player/draft picks that they covet.