PDA

View Full Version : the rodeo road trip has been a failure

tonylongoriafan
02-19-2009, 09:58 AM
losses to denver, toronto, and new york; nearly lost to golden state; ginobili's injury; no offensive rythum; no defensive improvement; we're still 7 games back of LA in the loss column...

...with games left against detroit and washington, i say let's pack in and get ready for next week (home games against dallas, portland, & cleveland)...

...we need to be healthy and rolling for playoff time, fast foward to may and it's gonna be SA & LA again, the next 2 games mean nothing.

superbigtime
02-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Judge it when it is over, doofus. I recall recently beating the Celtics. There's obviously alot of things going on at once right now and the dust needs to settle a little.

alamo50
02-19-2009, 10:22 AM
After we beat Detroit tonight all is well.

bus driver
02-19-2009, 10:24 AM
losses to denver, toronto, and new york; nearly lost to golden state; ginobili's injury; no offensive rythum; no defensive improvement; we're still 7 games back of LA in the loss column...

...with games left against detroit and washington, i say let's pack in and get ready for next week (home games against dallas, portland, & cleveland)...

...we need to be healthy and rolling for playoff time, fast foward to may and it's gonna be SA & LA again, the next 2 games mean nothing.

get off the bus than! :bang

cherylsteele
02-19-2009, 11:03 AM
If the next 2 games mean nothing then why say it was a failure?

urunobili
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
both losses to Toronto and New York are inexcusable... the trip has been a failure

nkdlunch
02-19-2009, 11:14 AM
We are having the most damned season in at least 10 years in terms of luck and injuries. SPurs are cursed. So I don't think losing a few in the rodeo trip really matters in the big picture this season.

Indazone
02-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Not quite ready to write em off yet.

Not time to stick the fork in the Spurs.

loveforthegame
02-19-2009, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't call it a failure yet. We could still beat Detroit and Washington.

You can toss the Denver loss out because the big 3 and Finley sat out.

It has been disappointing with the losses to Toronto and NY though.

PDXSpursFan
02-19-2009, 12:06 PM
both losses to toronto and new york are inexcusable... The trip has been a failure

+1

Spur|n|Austin
02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
There are a lot of bandwagoners on this site..

rascal
02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
What did you think that the spurs would sweep the rodeo trip? They are doing about as expected getting a surprise win at Boston and dropping a couple of winnable games at Toronto and NY.

mexicanjunior
02-19-2009, 12:12 PM
You can toss the Denver loss out because the big 3 and Finley sat out.

It still counts the same in the standings, this is why you can't just give games away in February. You never know how your team situation will change and every win will add up. If the Spurs don't sweep the remainder of the trip (don't see that happening), I would say it was a very disappointing...

JamStone
02-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Pistons are slump busters. They can help give the Spurs a win tonight.

MateoNeygro
02-19-2009, 12:34 PM

If you are saying we blow games against Detroit and Washington you are crazy. We can ill afford losing games. Its all about Playoff Posititioning now that the ASB is over.

tonylongoriafan
02-19-2009, 02:25 PM
get off the bus than! :bang

i said the trip is a failure...NOT the entire season...

ManuTP9
02-19-2009, 02:26 PM
if we lose to detroit tonight then ......damn

tonylongoriafan
02-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Not quite ready to write em off yet.

Not time to stick the fork in the Spurs.

no one is riding them off, we're a top 5 team in this league and have a good look at it

tonylongoriafan
02-19-2009, 02:30 PM
It still counts the same in the standings, this is why you can't just give games away in February. You never know how your team situation will change and every win will add up. If the Spurs don't sweep the remainder of the trip (don't see that happening), I would say it was a very disappointing...

at this point the games and standings really don't matter...manu is injured/hurt/or whatever his deal is and we're either 2 or 3 in the west...IT DOES NOT MATTER...either we beat LA in the semi's or in the conf finals

everything, EVERYTHING, from here on out needs to be focused on playoff preservation...sit manu, limit timmy's minutes in back to back, put more pressure on hill in tight spots, etc., etc.

Agloco
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
both losses to Toronto and New York are inexcusable... the trip has been a failure

+1

It just underscores the inconsistency with which this team has played all season long. I don't see how anyone could possibly think that beating Boston in any way makes up for losing to both of those teams.

mexicanjunior
02-19-2009, 03:37 PM
at this point the games and standings really don't matter...manu is injured/hurt/or whatever his deal is and we're either 2 or 3 in the west...IT DOES NOT MATTER...either we beat LA in the semi's or in the conf finals

everything, EVERYTHING, from here on out needs to be focused on playoff preservation...sit manu, limit timmy's minutes in back to back, put more pressure on hill in tight spots, etc., etc.

Without home court in the first round, there is no guarantee the Spurs even get to the 2nd or 3rd round to face the Lakers. If Ginoboli is out for the year, there is no point to even making the playoffs and losing the OKC first rounder just to be booted by a high seed...

ChumpDumper
02-19-2009, 03:39 PM
:lol spursfans love to panic.

Jayem
02-19-2009, 03:41 PM
no trade means the season will be a failure too

SpursDynasty
02-19-2009, 04:27 PM
The loss to Denver happened because Tim, Tony, and Manu sat. Toronto just made their shots and we didn't. New York just made their shots and we didn't. End of story.

Killakobe81
02-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I agree Spurs FAR from done hill and Mason will have 2 step up for a few weeks now... without Manu or a limited one
can't see you guys beating the Lakers but who else in the West could the Spurs NOT beat?!
Portland is young
Houston injured made a big trade
New Orleans is dangerous BUT inconsistent an you beat them last year
utah injured
Dallas inconsistent and injured
Denver dangerous ...and Duncan has to deal with both Martin and Nene BUT they cant stop tim or Tony
Phoenix you own these guys if you could get them in a series it's a garunteed win though will be tougher without Manu ...
Spurs still 2nd best in West 3rd best in league ..IMHO