PDA

View Full Version : so i finally got an xbox360

batman2883
02-19-2009, 10:08 AM
anybody have any game suggestions that i should buy, i bought gears of war 2 and assasins creed already......im thinking possibly f.e.a.r 2 but i havent played 1 yet..should i make the leap?

IronMexican
02-19-2009, 10:10 AM
I heard Street Fighter 4 is tight. You should have passed on Gears 2. It's real glitchy. Pick up Call of Duty 4. It's a real fun game and cheap.

BacktoBasics
02-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Call of Duty 4 is pretty good.

batman2883
02-19-2009, 10:23 AM
is that "world at war"?

i love playiing gears of war 2 online though, thats the fun part of it

balli
02-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah, if by chance your Gears is still shrink-wrapped, return it. It's really a broken shit pile. A lot of people say Assassins Creed is boring and I guess I see where they're coming from, but I had a lot of fun with it. The combat system never got old.

CoD 4, Fallout 3, Orange Box... maybe Oblivion, Madden & Halo 3.

Does F.E.A.R. 2 have multiplayer over live? Seems like a kind of generic FPS/Horror game to me, so I wouldn't buy it without it having good multiplayer.

is that "world at war"?

i love playiing gears of war 2 online though, thats the fun part of it

Nah, CoD World at War is basically a knockoff of CoD 4 Modern Warfare, which came out first, but is superior.

Everybody hates Gears because the online portion is totally broken. It's incredibly glitchy & laggy. Games take waaaaaaaaaay too long to get into. They just had to change the ranking system for a third time because the one(s) they were using were broken. If you dig it, more power to you, but just as a point of reference, that game and it's developer are now almost universally loathed for putting out such a poor effort and product with Gear's multiplayer. CoD is at the height of online gaming, so IMO, if you're looking to play online, that's the route I'd go.

IronMexican
02-19-2009, 10:25 AM
No, World at War is part 5. Modern Warfare" is part 4.

BacktoBasics
02-19-2009, 10:27 AM
If you like campy arcadish style games I'm having a ton of fun with Ninja Gaiden 2.

Dex
02-19-2009, 10:29 AM
If you like campy arcadish style games I'm having a ton of fun with Ninja Gaiden 2.

+1

Also, the NBA2K and Madden lines are great if you're into sports games.

Halo 3 still stands out as the quintessential classic of the 360.

batman2883
02-19-2009, 10:31 AM
yeah i love madden, i need to get nba 2k9 too, im pretty excited about resident evil 5 coming out too

ORION
02-19-2009, 10:41 AM
yeah i love madden, i need to get nba 2k9 too, im pretty excited about resident evil 5 coming out too

I bet you like Anal-Blazer? Cause that's what you like to play, over and over, don't you. You know how to play it? I'll tell you. Level one's in a truck stop filled with lonely truckers! Level two's in a public restroom along the highway.

gay abc
02-19-2009, 12:21 PM
recently bought this one, not bad at all, well for my level of playing :lol

http://static.moviegallery.com/images/games/boxart/12909.jpg

peewee's lovechild
02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
I bet you like Anal-Blazer? Cause that's what you like to play, over and over, don't you. You know how to play it? I'll tell you. Level one's in a truck stop filled with lonely truckers! Level two's in a public restroom along the highway.

:lmao

mardigan
02-19-2009, 12:38 PM
If you have XBox Live, Left 4 Dead is the way to go.

CuckingFunt
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM

I am the true Moon Master.

Bitch.

BlackSwordsMan
02-19-2009, 12:53 PM
gow 2 is trash man take it back and get cod 4

ORION
02-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I am the true Moon Master.

Bitch.

Did you get the lunar specter. The 3 pack ?

CuckingFunt
02-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Did you get the lunar specter. The 3 pack ?

Lunar scepter, and of course I did.

ORION
02-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Lunar scepter, and of course I did.

:lol
I was talking to someone when I put that. Sha na na get a job !

Cry Havoc
02-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Recommended games for the 360:

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (the best multiplayer action game to come out since Counterstrike 1.6)
2. The Orange Box. Quite possibly the best deal for the money in gaming history.
3. Fallout 3. Game of the Year by many accounts, a fantastic sci-fi romp through a devastated Washington D.C.
4. Grand Theft Auto 4. Nothing needs be said of this. Just get it.
5. Mass Effect. Another Sci-Fi game, with an incredible story and excellent fast-paced combat.
6. NBA 2k9. If you're a sports/basketball fan. Madden 09 sucks, IMO.

That's a basic list of the games I would consider "must haves".

TwAnKiEs
02-19-2009, 02:29 PM
COD 4 or WAW, either one is really fun. I like Gears 2 . after the 2nd title update I have had little problems.

Hit me up my gt is TwAnKiEs

S_A_Longhorn
02-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Make sure you get that 3-year Ring of Death warranty....

baseline bum
02-19-2009, 04:04 PM
This thread has fail all over it with no one mentioning Bioshock

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d7/Bioshockcoverfinalcropped.jpg/256px-Bioshockcoverfinalcropped.jpg

wrwWUHl7gsY

CoYorK3E4aM

Bioshock is maybe the best game I've played since Zelda: Ocarina of Time on N64. In addition to that, this game is universally available for $30 now.

baseline bum
02-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Also, I strongly disagree with you on GTA4, CH. I was extremely disappointed by the storyline and missions in that game; it really seemed to lack the creativity that GTASA and GTAVC had. The online isn't that good either.

balli
02-19-2009, 04:17 PM
This thread has fail all over it with no one mentioning Bioshock.
Given its status I finally broke down and bought Bioshock a few weeks ago. I see why it's a good game. It's beautifully rendered, the sound/atmosphere is great, compelling story, etc, etc, etc. Thus far, I haven't been able to enjoy it. Gave it 3 or 4 spins, but probably won't finish it for awhile. It's my fault, but right now I don't have the patience for a near-straight FPS that makes me search, ration and hack for Ammo and Health. Bethesda might have killed Bioshock for me.

Also, I strongly disagree with you on GTA4, CH. I was extremely disappointed by the storyline and missions in that game; it really seemed to lack the creativity that GTASA and GTAVC had. The online isn't that good either.

+1 I initially enjoyed that game to put in enough hours to finish, but... meh. No GTA will ever have the heart of VC IMO, but at least give me the freedom and as you said, creativity, of San Andreas.

IronMexican
02-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Stay away from GTA 4

Cry Havoc
02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Given its status I finally broke down and bought Bioshock a few weeks ago. I see why it's a good game. It's beautifully rendered, the sound/atmosphere is great, compelling story, etc, etc, etc. Thus far, I haven't been able to enjoy it. Gave it 3 or 4 spins, but probably won't finish it for awhile. It's my fault, but right now I don't have the patience for a near-straight FPS that makes me search, ration and hack for Ammo and Health. Bethesda might have killed Bioshock for me.

+1 I initially enjoyed that game to put in enough hours to finish, but... meh. No GTA will ever have the heart of VC IMO, but at least give me the freedom and as you said, creativity, of San Andreas.

I'm not a huge fan of Bioshock. I didn't like the save system, because it took so much of the challenge of the game out of it for me. I haven't even finished it, and I know it has separate endings, but even then, two polarizing endings after I've been gaming for 20 years doesn't feel like anything special to me. So great, I'm lumped into being unspeakably evil or an angel. I'll pass. I thought about listing it as #7 in my list, but it just wasn't a special game to me. Glorious to look at, and a cool battle system, but there were parts that just annoyed me about the game to no end.

Grand Theft Auto 4.... I can't understand the criticism the game gets. I've played every GTA game thus far, and I much prefer the latest version to the others. To say nothing of the graphics or the gameplay being FAR more polished than in the past, the realistic physics (save the cars tending to float, which is actually cool) and the immersion element for me has been much higher than in the past.

I think a lot of people like VC and SA better simply because they were the first games to present such an open city/environment to play in, and since IV hasn't moved away from that, some people are looking for something incredibly new to go, "WOW" at. GTA 3 and VC were revolutions in game play, and IV is more of an evolution. It's everything the previous games have done, only better and more refined. To people who hold "sandbox" style game play as the pinnacle of entertainment, I can understand why they don't like IV as much, but the fact is I think it's far and away the best in the series. Anyone who says, "stay away from it" like it's a bad game has no clue what they're talking about. Even at the WORST, GTA4 is a stupendously awesome video game. You might not like it as much as the others, and that's understandable... but a bad game? Come on. It's one of the best games of the past decade. The world is simply much more realized than in previous GTA games.

JoeChalupa
02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
I remember when I was game crazy.

S_A_Longhorn
02-19-2009, 05:36 PM
This thread has fail all over it with no one mentioning Bioshock

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d7/Bioshockcoverfinalcropped.jpg/256px-Bioshockcoverfinalcropped.jpg

wrwWUHl7gsY

CoYorK3E4aM

Bioshock is maybe the best game I've played since Zelda: Ocarina of Time on N64. In addition to that, this game is universally available for $30 now.

The best version of BIOSHOCK is on the PS3, tho.

batman2883
02-19-2009, 05:40 PM
i heard bioshock is a scary game......i can dig that, but i hadnt heard much about it after that......okay final poll should i get bioshock or not???

S_A_Longhorn
02-19-2009, 05:42 PM
I've heard it's a incredible game. But I hate first person shooters, so I have no interest in playing it.

IronMexican
02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
CH - GTA4 got rid of so many great things. Planes, tanks, recruiting gang members, awesome cheats. They got rid of all that awesomeness for good graphics and shitty online.

mardigan
02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
i heard bioshock is a scary game......i can dig that, but i hadnt heard much about it after that......okay final poll should i get bioshock or not???

Its worth getting for 30 bucks, definitely one of the more original games out there. And yea, it's pretty scary. It, Dead Space (a must own), and Left 4 Dead are probably the scariest games out.

Cry Havoc
02-19-2009, 05:48 PM
CH - GTA4 got rid of so many great things. Planes, tanks, recruiting gang members, awesome cheats. They got rid of all that awesomeness for good graphics and shitty online.

I've heard nothing but absolute praise for GTAIV's online multiplay.

It's kind of interesting though. I said that I liked GTAIV because I felt the story was more fleshed out and interesting, and the world was a little more believable. Your response is that they took tanks and cheats out? I think we have a drastically different perspective on what makes a good game. Hell, why don't they just let you into an advanced version of the MIR space station so you can shoot things with a laser from orbit? Because blowing shit up with no point, purpose, or challenge equates to a good game. Right?

Cry Havoc
02-19-2009, 05:49 PM

I would put it well after the games I mentioned. I think Fallout 3 is clearly better than Bioshock, and I would say you can't go wrong with the Orange Box, it's replay value is off the charts.

And the best game for any system right now is probably CoD4, if you like online shooters.

IronMexican
02-19-2009, 05:56 PM

It's kind of interesting though. I said that I liked GTAIV because I felt the story was more fleshed out and interesting, and the world was a little more believable. Your response is that they took tanks and cheats out? I think we have a drastically different perspective on what makes a good game. Hell, why don't they just let you into an advanced version of the MIR space station so you can shoot things with a laser from orbit? Because blowing shit up with no point, purpose, or challenge equates to a good game. Right?

It equates to fun. And the missions on GTA were all the same. Get from point A to B, chase this car down. I know you've put enough bullets into this car to drop it, but the railing wont let you. Followed by you killing some guy. GTA SA had so many different missions.

Dex
02-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Bioshock looks pretty badass. I've never played it, but I got sucked into watching my nephew go at it for about 20 mins one day just because the game is so damn crazy.

dirk4mvp
02-19-2009, 06:39 PM
I got pretty far into Bioshock, but after a while I just had no motivation to finish it.

CuckingFunt
02-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Bioshock (PS3 version) ruled my world for a bit. I think it's an excellent game. And, while the save system did take some of the challenge out, I really appreciated it. My zombie-eyed, middle of the night, can't tear myself away game sessions would have lasted even longer if I didn't have the ability to stop anywhere within the level and back away from the console. There is no more deadly phrase in the English language than "oh, I can go for one more checkpoint."

I finally got a few minutes to play around with GTA4 a little while ago, and I just couldn't get into it. There's no doubt that it's technically amazing, but... meh. Doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of open world/sandbox games to begin with -- I've got a relatively limited amount of time to dedicate to gaming and can get annoyed when half of my time is spent just trying to navigate to the next mission -- so I've never been one to get very far in any of the GTA storylines, but I liked being able to just play around with shit in the earlier versions. I missed the irreverence.

Cry Havoc
02-19-2009, 08:05 PM
There is no more deadly phrase in the English language than "oh, I can go for one more checkpoint."

Except perhaps for, "Oh, just one more turn!" (Civilization series) :lol

Cry Havoc
02-19-2009, 08:09 PM
It equates to fun. And the missions on GTA were all the same. Get from point A to B, chase this car down. I know you've put enough bullets into this car to drop it, but the railing wont let you. Followed by you killing some guy. GTA SA had so many different missions.

Most of SA's missions involved killing people as well. There are TONS of side missions in IV. Racing, stealing cars, deliveries, taxi drivers, going on dates, etc. I think the mechanics of GTAIV are just easier to grasp and use than in previous versions. Of course the core gameplay is killing people -- but when has that been different in the series? 95% of the missions in SA were killing people too.

Also, don't get me started on cheats. I want nothing to do with them. Any time I've ever cheated at a game, it has severely limited the replay value for me.

baseline bum
02-19-2009, 08:14 PM

The story was too preachy. Then the sad ending where Niko's girlfriend gets murdered? Too much. Aside from that, GTA has never tried to be a realistic series. It's always been the video-game equivalent of Scarface. Those huge turf wars from GTASA completely blow away anything that can be done on GTA4.

Yeah, GTA4's missions reminded me of the tedious stuff on lesser sequels such as Liberty City Stories on the PSP. GTA4 was nowhere near as fun as their last 3 major releases (GTA3, ViceCity, SanAndreas).

IronMexican
02-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Every mission on GTA4 was the same to me. You followed a guy to this place, then you killed him there. And all those other things you listed, GTA:SA had them too. SA was just a funner game to me. You obviously liked 4 more. to each their own.

IronMexican
02-19-2009, 08:16 PM
And yeah, I don't play GTA for reality.

baseline bum
02-19-2009, 08:20 PM

Bioshock, aside from being a great FPS with an awesome storyline, is an amazing piece of art. The whole game is set in this 50s art-deco world, and the soundtrack is outstanding. It's a really immersive game.

If you're going to buy two games, get Bioshock and COD4 (unless you don't like FPS). If you get only one, it's a coin-flip, because COD4 is unreal also. Orange Box is also a can't miss title - 5 incredible games for the price of one. Portal from Orange Box is one of the most creative games I've seen in years, so Orange Box comes highly recommended.

CuckingFunt
02-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Bioshock, aside from being a great FPS with an awesome storyline, is an amazing piece of art. The whole game is set in this 50s art-deco world, and the soundtrack is outstanding. It's a really immersive game.

Agreed.

Even though, if you're as much of a nerd as I am about mid-century art and architecture, you'll start picking apart the exact years/decades implied in the game and realize that the Art Deco style is probably a bit off... but that's such a huge nitpick it's silly to even bring it up.

IronMexican
02-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Agreed.

Even though, if you're as much of a nerd as I am about mid-century art and architecture, you'll start picking apart the exact years/decades implied in the game and realize that the Art Deco style is probably a bit off... but that's such a huge nitpick it's silly to even bring it up.

:lol I doubt batman would even know what you are talking about.

baseline bum
02-19-2009, 08:33 PM
I forgot to add Rainbow 6: Vegas. It should be cheap, and it's another really fun FPS on par with COD4. Make sure you get the first one though; Rainbow 6:Vegas 2 doesn't look all that impressive.

Here's the first:
vGubotPfbcg

MiamiHeat
02-20-2009, 12:01 AM
I was a HUGE GTA fan. I loved III, VC, and SA

I bought GTA IV on release day. I waited in line for 2 hours to buy the game at midnight release.

it sucked. Those of you praising the game for better graphics, physics, etc... well DUH? This isn't the PS2 anymore. They are SUPPOSED TO have better graphics, physics, etc.
You can't point to that and say it's a great game. They are SUPPOSED TO have that.

The game itself is horrible. Niko is a whiny bitch. Tommy Vercetti would kick his pansy ass.

The missions suck. No creativity. 3 Leaf Clover was the only memorable mission in the game, and it's already been done before in GTA: SA and in movies like HEAT, but I'm not complaining. I love bank robberies and thought they would have added a bank robbery mode in multiplayer, they didn't. All the missions are drive to one place, shootout or chase, the end rinse and repeat.

There were a few missions like the one you have to go to the Internet to meet a guy in his office, whatever. Nothing like San Andreas.

in SA, you had a mission where you have to burn a crop of marijuana with a blowtorch. and a mission where you have to chase an airplane in the airport and jump on a ramp to grab onto the airplane as it takes off.

GTA IV was all about pussy boy drama and no fun. the only reason I kept the game still and didn't sell it was because of the multiplayer. it's decent enough to keep.

but no parachutes? no tanks? no flamethrower? tons of crap taken out of the game. sucks.

no criminal activities? POOL?!? BOWLING?!? DARTS!!!!!!!????? darts as a date with your 'friend' in a GTA game. laugh out loud. how can you defend such a shitty game.

instead of bank robberies or random hitman generator, we get 'call your friend to go on a date to the comedy club"

baseline bum
02-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, Niko is an emo bitch, and an even worse protagonist than Fido was. The only good character in the game is Roman, and it would have been so much better if you could play as him.

Cry Havoc
02-20-2009, 02:55 AM
laugh out loud. how can you defend such a shitty game.

Such a shitty game... first of all, you consider GTA IV a shitty game? You're ruining your credibility with a statement like that. Let's see....

TeamXbox 10 / 10 Apr 27, 2008
IGN 10 / 10 Apr 25, 2008
Thunderbolt 10 / 10 May 10, 2008
Extreme Gamer 98 / 100 May 9, 2008
Gaming Age A May 9, 2008
GameZone 10 / 10 May 6, 2008
Gamervision 10 / 10 May 6, 2008
Worth Playing 9.6 / 10 May 3, 2008
VideoGamer 10 / 10 Apr 28, 2008
Eurogamer 10 / 10 Apr 27, 2008
1UP A+ Apr 27, 2008
Games Are Fun 9 / 10 Nov 2, 2008
Netjak 8 / 10 Aug 27, 2008
Game Over Online 95 / 100 Aug 18, 2008
Gameplayer 10 / 10 Aug 18, 2008
Gamestyle 8 / 10 Jul 2, 2008
Armchair Empire 9 / 10 Jun 11, 2008
Daily Game 9 / 10 Jun 2, 2008
ZTGameDomain 10 / 10 May 30, 2008
Console Obsession 8 / 10 May 28, 2008
HonestGamers 9 / 10 May 23, 2008
Talk Xbox 100 / 100 May 22, 2008
AceGamez 10 / 10 May 20, 2008
GamingTrend 97 / 100 May 20, 2008
Console Gameworld 100 / 100 May 18, 2008
GameTap 9 / 10 May 17, 2008
GamersMark 10 / 10 May 16, 2008
Lawrence 9.4 / 10 May 14, 2008
GameShark A May 13, 2008
XboxZone 9.7 / 10 May 12, 2008
Gaming Nexus A+ May 12, 2008
GameCell UK 10 / 10 May 12, 2008
GamerNode 8.7 / 10 May 11, 2008
Video Game Talk 4.5 / 5 May 10, 2008
Game Industry News 5 / 5 May 8, 2008
DarkZero 10 / 10 May 6, 2008
Game Revolution A- May 6, 2008
GameCritics 8.5 / 10 May 6, 2008
Console Monster 98 / 100 May 5, 2008
IC-Games 100 / 100 May 5, 2008
Giant Bomb 5 / 5 May 5, 2008
Xbox World Australia 94 / 100 May 5, 2008
Fragland 92 / 100 May 4, 2008
Gamer 2.0 9.7 / 10 May 4, 2008
Hooked Gamers 9 / 10 May 2, 2008
GamingExcellence 10 / 10 May 2, 2008
WonderwallWeb 9.9 / 10 May 2, 2008
Totally360 10 / 10 May 1, 2008
DarkStation ** 10 / 10 May 1, 2008
PGNx Media ** 10 / 10 May 1, 2008
Planet Xbox 360 ** 9.2 / 10 May 1, 2008
Kikizo ** 10 / 10 May 1, 2008
NZGamer ** 9.9 / 10 Apr 30, 2008
Boomtown ** 9 / 10 Apr 30, 2008
AtomicGamer ** 97 / 100 Apr 29, 2008
Kombo ** 10 / 10 Apr 29, 2008
MS Xbox World ** 9.5 / 10 Apr 29, 2008
Gameplanet ** 10 / 10 Apr 29, 2008
GameAlmighty ** 9.8 / 10 Apr 29, 2008
Cheat Code Central ** 4.9 / 5 Apr 29, 2008
UGO ** A+ Apr 28, 2008
ActionTrip ** 9.7 / 10 Apr 28, 2008
G4 - X-Play ** 5 / 5 Apr 28, 2008
GameDaily ** 10 / 10 Apr 27, 2008
Computer & Video Games UK ** 9.5 / 10 Apr 27, 2008
Total Video Games ** 10 / 10 Apr 27, 2008
GameSpy ** 5 / 5 Apr 27, 2008
Gametrailers ** 9.8 / 10 Apr 27, 2008
Game Positive 9.6 / 10 May 18, 2008
UltraNinjas 10 / 10 May 9, 2008
D+PAD Magazine 5 / 5 May 5, 2008

IGN has given the game its "Best Xbox 360 Action Game", "Best PC Action Game", "Best Graphics Technology (Xbox 360)", "Best Voice Acting (Xbox 360/PS3/PC)" and "Best Story (Xbox 360/PS3)" awards.

GameTrailers has given the game "Game of the Year", "Best Action Adventure Game", "Best Story", "Best Xbox 360 Game", "Best PlayStation 3 Game" and, for the game's trailer, "Trailer of The Year".

Spike TV has given the game the awards of "Game of the Year" and "Best Action Adventure Game" in its Video Game Awards. They also gave Michael Hollick "Best Performance by a Human Male" for the voice acting of Niko Bellic.[145]

GameSpy has given the game the awards of "Best Story" and "Character of The Year" (for the character Brucie Kibbutz) in its Video Game Awards.

GameSpot has given the game its "Best UK-developed game" and "Best Xbox 360 Game" awards, and Bruce "Brucie" Kibbutz won the award for the "Best new character".

GiantBomb has given the game its "Game of the Year" and "Best Multi-Platform Game" awards.

ActionTrip has given the game the "Game of The Year" and "Best Story" awards in its Game of The Year 2008.

Kotaku has given the game its "Game of the Year" and "Best Writing" awards.

Game Informer has given the game its "Game of the Year" award for 2008, and a perfect rating of 10 out of 10.
The third highest rated video game of all time - Wikipedia (behind Super Mario Galaxy and LoZ: The Ocarina of Time.

Man, this game must be AWFUL. :lol

it sucked. Those of you praising the game for better graphics, physics, etc... well DUH? This isn't the PS2 anymore. They are SUPPOSED TO have better graphics, physics, etc.
You can't point to that and say it's a great game. They are SUPPOSED TO have that.

Using this logic, the greatest Metal Gear game of all time was the first one (for the NES). Because the new ones shouldn't get credit for silly things like better atmosphere, music, physics, or storyline. They're just SUPPOSED to happen. It's like the new consoles are magic candy boxes and whenever you put a game into them, it turns it into the greatest game ever played because it's supposed to happen like that. Right? That's like saying, "hey, do you want to play Virtua Fighter 5 on Xbox 360?" "Oh noooooo. I'll stick to the first Street Fighter game. It may have horrible graphics, 2D gameplay, no real-world physics, and a completely limited control range, but VF5 is SUPPOSED to have all that stuff, so it's not as good."

:lol

Maybe you're just a gamer who takes for GRANTED the time and effort to program ACCURATE physics into the newer generation of games. There are still a huge majority of release titles these days that suck. They can't get anything right.

A more powerful system does NOT suddenly mean you're in a fairy world of gaming where everything is perfect and there are no bad games. Better hardware simply grants the CAPACITY for better physics to be programed, better graphics to be created, and more realistic gameplay to ensue. The fact that you act like it's of no credit to Rockstar for making such a fantastic gameplay engine is a pretty solid indicator of the lack of understanding you have of what it takes to actually make a game good. Which is probably why you think you're cool for joining in on the "ZOMG GTAIV SUX" crowd. :lol

Yeah, Niko is an emo bitch

You know, I have to laugh when someone uses a phrase like this. What, exactly, is an "emo bitch"?

Oohhhh, right. You mean it's because Niko is the first GTA character to actually show remorse for what he's done. Because nothing says, "a step forward in game play" than a guy like Marcus Fenix who's only ambition in life is to kill as many living things as possible without remorse, pity, or empathy.

I find it sad, and I actually feel a little sorry for you that you would subscribe to the notion that a game which attempts to demonstrate an actual depth of character from within it's protagonist is weakened by that action. I suppose you would have been happier if Niko is a wall of steel that never flinches when knocking someone off and never thinks twice about killing a human being. I could not disagree with you more on this topic, and I'm happy to see that game companies like Rockstar, Konami and others are crafting believable characters who actually have emotions and might occasionally have to think twice about what they're doing. It might piss off the 360 fanboys who basically like the idea of, "I play games to kill things. Lots of things. WOOO BEER!", but it's happening anyway. The same old tripe where you're a 100% ruthless killing machine is REAAAAAALLY original, right? :lol :lol :lol :rolleyes

baseline bum
02-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Such a shitty game... first of all, you consider GTA IV a shitty game? You're ruining your credibility with a statement like that. Let's see....

TeamXbox 10 / 10 Apr 27, 2008
IGN 10 / 10 Apr 25, 2008
Thunderbolt 10 / 10 May 10, 2008
Extreme Gamer 98 / 100 May 9, 2008
Gaming Age A May 9, 2008
GameZone 10 / 10 May 6, 2008
Gamervision 10 / 10 May 6, 2008

Game Informer has given the game its "Game of the Year" award for 2008, and a perfect rating of 10 out of 10.
The third highest rated video game of all time - Wikipedia (behind Super Mario Galaxy and LoZ: The Ocarina of Time.

Man, this game must be AWFUL. :lol

By that logic Titanic and The English Patient were great movies.

You know, I have to laugh when someone uses a phrase like this. What, exactly, is an "emo bitch"?

Oohhhh, right. You mean it's because Niko is the first GTA character to actually show remorse for what he's done. Because nothing says, "a step forward in game play" than a guy like Marcus Fenix who's only ambition in life is to kill as many living things as possible without remorse, pity, or empathy.

Niko's an emo bitch. Wah wah... I'm really a good guy, but I go around killing shit. What a joke. His character plays the victim card constantly instead of seeing himself for what he is: a criminal douchebag.

Really, this point is hilarious. The name of the game is Grand Theft Auto; the point of the game is to carjack people at gunpoint. It's not to go build a school or do volunteer work with sick kids. So yes, a Marcus Feenix character would be far superior in this game.

I find it sad, and I actually feel a little sorry for you that you would subscribe to the notion that a game which attempts to demonstrate an actual depth of character from within it's protagonist is weakened by that action. I suppose you would have been happier if Niko is a wall of steel that never flinches when knocking someone off and never thinks twice about killing a human being. I could not disagree with you more on this topic, and I'm happy to see that game companies like Rockstar, Konami and others are crafting believable characters who actually have emotions and might occasionally have to think twice about what they're doing. It might piss off the 360 fanboys who basically like the idea of, "I play games to kill things. Lots of things. WOOO BEER!", but it's happening anyway. The same old tripe where you're a 100% ruthless killing machine is REAAAAAALLY original, right? :lol :lol :lol :rolleyes

Niko had no depth of character. A truly deep character in a video game is Andrew Ryan from Bioshock; or even Fontaine / Atlas. All Niko does is complain about his life and act like he has no choice but to go around killing everything in sight. Niko's an incredibly lame and weak character, and hearing the same bullshit cries from him every single mission is tiring.

baseline bum
02-20-2009, 03:38 AM
Still, I will give GTA props for being technically amazing. The lighting effects and the framerate are outstanding on it. But having been a huge GTA fan for a long time, none of that stuff was all that important to me when the game was actually fun to play the previous three iterations. San Andreas was my favorite, and looked awful graphically compared to what was the standard in 2004.

CubanSucks
02-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Recommended games for the 360:

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (the best multiplayer action game to come out since Counterstrike 1.6)
2. The Orange Box. Quite possibly the best deal for the money in gaming history.
3. Fallout 3. Game of the Year by many accounts, a fantastic sci-fi romp through a devastated Washington D.C.
4. Grand Theft Auto 4. Nothing needs be said of this. Just get it.
5. Mass Effect. Another Sci-Fi game, with an incredible story and excellent fast-paced combat.
6. NBA 2k9. If you're a sports/basketball fan. Madden 09 sucks, IMO.

That's a basic list of the games I would consider "must haves".

You're an idiot. And fuck all of you who have yet to mention Halo 3. The only reason the Xbox 360 was even possible was because of the Halo franchise. Shit, Halo was the only reason the Xbox didn't fade away into the shadow of PS2. Simply put, the Halo trilogy MADE the Xbox and 360. And for all of you who did mention what's easily the greatest FPS game of all time, my gamertag is FIuffy McNutter, and I am SICK

Xolotl
02-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Saints Row 2 is so much damn fun

IronMexican
02-20-2009, 09:57 AM
I hear SR2 is better than GTA4. Any truth?

resistanze
02-20-2009, 10:36 AM
You're an idiot. And fuck all of you who have yet to mention Halo 3. The only reason the Xbox 360 was even possible was because of the Halo franchise. Shit, Halo was the only reason the Xbox didn't fade away into the shadow of PS2. Simply put, the Halo trilogy MADE the Xbox and 360. And for all of you who did mention what's easily the greatest FPS game of all time, my gamertag is FIuffy McNutter, and I am SICK

Halo fucking sucks.

Dex
02-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Halo fucking sucks.

Donkey Kong Sucks!!

Ya know somethin, YOU SUCK!!!

resistanze
02-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Donkey Kong Sucks!!

Ya know somethin, YOU SUCK!!!
Master Chief is a pedophile.

Actually I don't really think Halo sucks, but it doesn't crack my top 10. Never got into online Halo and I just played the single-player campaign for playing sakes.

jman3000
02-20-2009, 11:22 AM
The first HALO was epic... the 2nd... not so much... the 3rd was probably in between.

Still very fun games... just probably not in my top 5.

balli
02-20-2009, 11:28 AM
I play a little Halo 3, but simply put, it's not a next-gen game either graphically or control wise. It's somewhat fun, but Halo's showing it's age enough that it's a problem.

And Halo 2 was a thoroughly horrible game. Twenty years from now the only Halo that will hold historical weight is Halo CE.

TwAnKiEs
02-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Viva Pinata is a must get ! :tu

Dex
02-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Video Game Threads: Where Opinions are Facts!

80% of the time, it works every time.

It's SCIENCE!

CubanSucks
02-20-2009, 05:36 PM
i hear sr2 is better than gta4. Any truth?

yes

CubanSucks
02-20-2009, 05:41 PM
I play a little Halo 3, but simply put, it's not a next-gen game either graphically or control wise. It's somewhat fun, but Halo's showing it's age enough that it's a problem.

And Halo 2 was a thoroughly horrible game. Twenty years from now the only Halo that will hold historical weight is Halo CE.

The campaign sucked, but playing online and even playing with system link was still incredible. And what the fuck are you talking about "it's age"?

dirk4mvp
02-20-2009, 06:07 PM
If you have any interest in fighting games, Street Fighter 4 is incredible :tu

ManuTP9
02-20-2009, 09:05 PM
street fighter 4-best fighting game out im getting it on sunday
Left 4 Dead- Awsome game hands down

Fallout 3- this won game of the year and i played it and its really good

NBA 2k9-Better than live

Halo 3- this is the shit! this game never gets old with all the new updates they have once in a while and it has great online gameplay.

Dead Space-Hella fun game and it has a nice story to it

Midnight Club LA-if you like racing games get this you can customize your car with sick designs and they have good online battle races.

Soul Calibur 4-if you played the past soul calibur games you will love this
GTA4-Sick game

and thats about it but imo dont get Call of Duty WAW its just like Call of Duty 4 and COD 4 is better.

CubanSucks
02-20-2009, 09:53 PM
street fighter 4-best fighting game out im getting it on sunday
Left 4 Dead- Awsome game hands down

Fallout 3- this won game of the year and i played it and its really good

NBA 2k9-Better than live

Halo 3- this is the shit! this game never gets old with all the new updates they have once in a while and it has great online gameplay.

Dead Space-Hella fun game and it has a nice story to it

Midnight Club LA-if you like racing games get this you can customize your car with sick designs and they have good online battle races.

Soul Calibur 4-if you played the past soul calibur games you will love this
GTA4-Sick game

and thats about it but imo dont get Call of Duty WAW its just like Call of Duty 4 and COD 4 is better.

Thank you. Now if we can only get Ballijuana's head out of his own ass

dirk4mvp
02-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Opinions are like assholes.

Also, I should kill myself.

timmo
02-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Fallout 3 is making me want a 360 now. I've put in almost 400 hours on that game on the PS3. And now Bethsoft is only releasing the three expansion packs for the 360 and PC. :bang

Fallout 3 is hella fun.
SR2 was a lot of fun too, but it took me a while to get into it.
GTA IV is a good game. I personally liked GTA:SA more. IV was actually much easier to complete the storyline than the previous two.
Trying to play Oblivion, but I haven't been able to get into it yet.
Dead Space I'm on level 4. Great look and feel.
I still can't get into MGS4 either. The aiming system has me irked.

Avitus1
02-21-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm going to have to go with Mass Effect.

mardigan
02-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Fallout 3 is making me want a 360 now. I've put in almost 400 hours on that game on the PS3. And now Bethsoft is only releasing the three expansion packs for the 360 and PC. :bang

Fallout 3 is the shit, but I'm blown away that you have put in that many hours on it. I did pretty much everything that could be done on that game in under 50.

And try Oblivion again, it really is the shit.

ManuTP9
02-21-2009, 10:41 PM

Fallout 3 is hella fun.
SR2 was a lot of fun too, but it took me a while to get into it.
GTA IV is a good game. I personally liked GTA:SA more. IV was actually much easier to complete the storyline than the previous two.
Trying to play Oblivion, but I haven't been able to get into it yet.
Dead Space I'm on level 4. Great look and feel.
I still can't get into MGS4 either. The aiming system has me irked.

hell yeah fallout is sick on 360, i alredy beat the add-on Ancorhage but i cant wait for the add on coming in march! there calling it "Pitt" and its based around Pittsburgh and a new chainsaw gun added , its gonna look sick exploring Pittsburgh

Fermixalot
02-22-2009, 07:30 AM

God I hate Halo fanboys. Its a good game, but its nowhere newar the best FPS of all time. It has a strong case for best console FPS, but I'm sure the PC gamers cringe everytime someone mentions Halo as a great FPS. It did make the XBox and I like playing the game, but there are other games that are better.

but yeah, opinions are facts in arguments like this, so nevermind.

IronMexican
02-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Besr FPS of all time = Goldeneye

Cry Havoc
02-22-2009, 02:46 PM

Do you have a problem with the fact that I don't agree with you? Unless you have played Counterstrike, Call of Duty 4, and Team Fortress 2 (ON PC, not the console which is a sad way to play an FPS), you are speaking from a position of ignorance. I've played enough Halo to know that it's a very good game, but not as good as the others, especially the later iterations. The first Halo was the only truly fantastic game, the others are just solid console FPS games. And even the first Halo is still limited by the fact that's a console base for a gun game. There is simply no way to be accurate with a joystick compared to a mouse and keyboard.

The campaign sucked, but playing online and even playing with system link was still incredible. And what the fuck are you talking about "it's age"?

This is exactly how you lose credibility. You have no ability to independently judge the game against others. Halo 3 is an extremely limited game from a technical standpoint. Graphical improvements from Halo 2 to Halo 3 were nothing other-worldly, as the game maintained it's look and feel without anything "wow" worthy. It's also not in 1080p, which is atrocious for a game that lauds itself as the flagship game for a system.

And all of these visual drawbacks would be forgivable if the game was a step above everything else around. It's not. Halo 3 is not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not a remarkable experience any longer, and certainly not compared to the massive following the original Halo earned. You can decry everyone else for not agreeing with you (and make yourself look like a fool in the process), but the bottom line is that there will not be a Halo 4. Bungie could not innovate enough to keep the series fresh, so they canned it as reviewers and players alike began to say, "Halo 3 is great, but it's nothing special." If the game was still earning Game of the Year awards from every magazine, you wouldn't see them canceling the series.

Halo has run it's course. You're free to disagree with me, but anytime you insult someone for not sharing your opinion speaks volumes about how objectively you are making your statements.

baseline bum
02-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Do you have a problem with the fact that I don't agree with you? Unless you have played Counterstrike, Call of Duty 4, and Team Fortress 2 (ON PC, not the console which is a sad way to play an FPS), you are speaking from a position of ignorance. I've played enough Halo to know that it's a very good game, but not as good as the others, especially the later iterations. The first Halo was the only truly fantastic game, the others are just solid console FPS games. And even the first Halo is still limited by the fact that's a console base for a gun game. There is simply no way to be accurate with a joystick compared to a mouse and keyboard.

This is exactly how you lose credibility. You have no ability to independently judge the game against others. Halo 3 is an extremely limited game from a technical standpoint. Graphical improvements from Halo 2 to Halo 3 were nothing other-worldly, as the game maintained it's look and feel without anything "wow" worthy. It's also not in 1080p, which is atrocious for a game that lauds itself as the flagship game for a system.

And all of these visual drawbacks would be forgivable if the game was a step above everything else around. It's not. Halo 3 is not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not a remarkable experience any longer, and certainly not compared to the massive following the original Halo earned. You can decry everyone else for not agreeing with you (and make yourself look like a fool in the process), but the bottom line is that there will not be a Halo 4. Bungie could not innovate enough to keep the series fresh, so they canned it as reviewers and players alike began to say, "Halo 3 is great, but it's nothing special." If the game was still earning Game of the Year awards from every magazine, you wouldn't see them canceling the series.

Halo has run it's course. You're free to disagree with me, but anytime you insult someone for not sharing your opinion speaks volumes about how objectively you are making your statements.

XBox360 doesn't have the hardware to render in 1080p. Its framebuffer is about 11MB, which gives it just enough room to triple-buffer 720p frames (in RGBA), which is the native output resolution for any game on the system. They couldn't even double buffer 1080p, as a 1080p frame in RGBA is about 8MB, so there would be tearing if they ever tried 1080p on that hardware.

Cry Havoc
02-22-2009, 10:17 PM
XBox360 doesn't have the hardware to render in 1080p. Its framebuffer is about 11MB, which gives it just enough room to triple-buffer 720p frames (in RGBA), which is the native output resolution for any game on the system. They couldn't even double buffer 1080p, as a 1080p frame in RGBA is about 8MB, so there would be tearing if they ever tried 1080p on that hardware.

Strange you say that, considering Xbox 360 openly advertises games in native 1080p both from the system and on the box of certain games. I think there would be a massive lawsuit against Microsoft if they advertised that their system was capable of full 1080p without supporting said resolution.