PDA

View Full Version : The future of the NBA without David Stern

GSH
02-19-2009, 11:46 AM
I read a syndicated article a week or two ago where the author was still bitching about Amare and Diaw getting suspended for coming off the bench during the playoffs. Aside from the fact that it is ancient news, I am still amazed at how many people just don't get it. There is a reason why Stern made the rule absolute, and this is it. This video was taken at a high school basketball game a couple of days ago. And it could easily be the future of the NBA.

Give Stern some credit for having the foresight to make the rule so rigid, and the balls to enforce it. The only way to be sure things don't get out of hand is to be sure they don't start.

bR0tNJyVXDg

BTW - if you do a search on Youtube, you will find about a dozen copies of the video set to a rap background. Obviously a lot of people don't think the brawl was a bad thing. Thankfully, Stern does.

LockBeard
02-19-2009, 11:50 AM
That's weird. I saw maybe one white guy.

wait: make that 4

Sportstudi
02-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Holy shit... that was weird, indeed.

GSH
02-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Holy shit... that was weird, indeed.

Just like the big brawl in Detroit, it started on the floor and spilled over into the stands. Two players fighting you can handle, but as soon as one more person jumps in, somebody else is going to come help. I honestly thought it sucked that Amare got suspended, but it was absolutely the right call for exactly that reason.

My personal favorite is the guy at the :25 mark, down on the court throwing punches with his pants falling off. Thirt seconds later, at around the :55 mark, he's up in the stands throwing punches... with his pants falling off.