PDA

View Full Version : leach and texas tech

clambake
02-19-2009, 12:59 PM
what's up with the full court press on leach?

they do realize this is lubbock they're talking about, don't they?

Doug Collins
02-19-2009, 02:46 PM
ESPN reported they might fire him tomorrow. This is the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. The guy is the face of the school, give him what he wants. He even said the money in the proposed extension was fine, it was some clauses that were added. He's even willing to play out the remainder of his current deal.

The Tech athletic dept./board of regents is full of idiots.

degenerate_gambler
02-19-2009, 05:54 PM
it's ridiculous that its come to this...

kiss, make up and sign the stupid deal

FromWayDowntown
02-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Apparently, they sorted it out. Haven't heard yet if Leach capitulated on some of the ridiculous clauses that Tech was insisting upon, but he has apparently signed an extension.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3919674

redraiderinfiji
02-19-2009, 06:33 PM
ESPN reported they might fire him tomorrow. This is the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. The guy is the face of the school, give him what he wants. He even said the money in the proposed extension was fine, it was some clauses that were added. He's even willing to play out the remainder of his current deal.

The Tech athletic dept./board of regents is full of idiots.

Tech really screwed up by letting this go as far as it did. If TECH lost Leach.....well.......the gutter of the big 12 would have had a new member.

Blake
02-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech really screwed up by letting this go as far as it did. If TECH lost Leach.....well.......the gutter of the big 12 would have had a new member.

Not necessarily.

If Leach left, I would put money down that they would move Ruffin McNeil to HC and pay Dana Holgerson to come back and run the offense.

Blake
02-19-2009, 06:42 PM
but as I have said already, Tech needs to open the vault and pay Leach almost whatever he wants.

cash459
02-19-2009, 07:55 PM
the stalling that took place b/c of the ridiculous clauses Tech tried to work into the extension has already hurt Tech in the recruiting department. there were quite a few good/decent recruits that made decisions to go elsewhere because they didnt want to go to Tech to play for Leach if they didnt think he was going to be there for all 4 years of their college careers.

Way to go Hance & Myers!

leemajors
02-19-2009, 11:41 PM
should have been tidied up long before, but good for tech. i hope he didn't capitulate on those retarded clauses.

leemajors
02-20-2009, 08:50 AM
looks like all he has to do is notify TT in writing if he is interviewing, and there is no buyout.

cash459
02-21-2009, 03:53 PM
should have been tidied up long before, but good for tech. i hope he didn't capitulate on those retarded clauses.

agreed. He is easily top 3 coach in Big 12 & Tech was acting like he was a scrub.