Marcus Bryant
02-19-2009, 01:31 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_andres_nocioni.jpg

Andres Nocioni | F
Born: Nov 30, 1979
Height: 6-7 / 2,01
Weight: 225 lbs. / 102,1 kg.
Years Pro: 4

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andres_nocioni/index.html)

The Kings appear to be shopping him. Contract is a little long. But he'd fit well, provided his health doesn't deteriorate.

benefactor
02-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Don't see it happening.

timvp
02-19-2009, 01:34 PM
He'd definitely be a roll of the dice. Healthy? Damn good piece.

But there's a good chance he doesn't survive to see the final couple years of his contract the way he's breaking down.

timvp
02-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Just what we need another slow undersized unathletic spot up shooter! GTFO!

Someone has never seen Nocioni play ........

xtremesteven33
02-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Im all for it if hes healthy.

Basically anything is better than Finley/Udoka at this point.

DarrinS
02-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Isn't there a cap on the number of players you can have from team Argentina?

xtremesteven33
02-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Nocioni is like Manu version 2.....Damn passionate and aggressive.

Hot head at times but I know Spurs fans would love it.

AnotherArgie
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
He's a little bit expensive, IMO.

EricB
02-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Don't need two argies breaking down at the same time.

Mr. Body
02-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Chapu's good days are behind him.

neboat
02-19-2009, 01:43 PM
WTF? Ive seen him play a bunch, the guy is so overrated, he can defend the 3 or 4 is a spot up shooter and avg rebounder. He cant even get prime mins in Chi but you think hes gonna be a good addition.

IMO, Noc is one of those players that plays a lot better if he was in a better team, a team that shares the ball, like the spurs.

Darkwaters
02-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Nocioni might be a good gamble. But I think our target should be Chandler.

Destro
02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Nocioni is tough and he can pass and he plays with gusto. I 'd love ot see him on the spurs

urunobili
02-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Noce would be HUGE... damn HUGE.... Nocioni's toughness would help us get WAY more physical than what we are today... if Udoka is shipped he could also have number 5...

Darkwaters
02-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Noce would be HUGE... damn HUGE.... Nocioni's toughness would help us get WAY more physical than what we are today... if Udoka is shipped he could also have number 5...

Even if Udoka isn't shipped he can still have it!

xtremesteven33
02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Nocioni is very athletic.

Fouls alot though. VERY TOUGH.

urunobili
02-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I just dont see how adding another aunathletic player is gonna help us much, you can only get away with having so many guys who are limited.

:lmao

MB20
02-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Chapu is a winner. Period.

His contract is expensive though.

Bruno
02-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Nocioni was good two years ago.
He quite sucks now.

urunobili
02-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Nocioni was good two years ago.
He quite sucks now.

come on Bruno... did you see what he did at the Olympics? is it him sucking or was the whole Bulls scenery the last two years?

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Great if the Spurs could pull it off, but the Kings have to be looking for at least some return value here. If salary dump was the whole intent of moving Salmons/Miller, why complicate things by having to do it in two steps when plenty of teams would have gladly helped the Kings do it in one. In other words, I don't think the Fab+Ime+whatever deal gets Noc on the Spurs.

AnotherArgie
02-19-2009, 01:58 PM
IMO, Noc is one of those players that plays a lot better if he was in a better team, a team that shares the ball, like the spurs.

Agree. Nocioni's game is fueled by his motivation, so he plays better in competitive teams. He should be a perfect piece for contending teams like the Spurs, Celtics or Lakers, but again, his price tag is high. That's the problem with big market teams, they use to overpay their players big time.

DDS4
02-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Imagine him and Manu playing together. Bodies would be flying everywhere.

xtremesteven33
02-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Oberto,Manu and Nocioni playing together would be great to see.

Bruno
02-19-2009, 02:01 PM
come on Bruno... did you see what he did at the Olympics? is it him sucking or was the whole Bulls scenery the last two years?

I don't know Olympics isn't at all the same thing than NBA.

ss1986v2
02-19-2009, 02:01 PM
hes not nonathletic, but ive never thought he has the foot speed to hang at sf with your normal swing guys, nor does he have size to really hang with most pfs.

he hustles and plays tough defense, but he also jacks up some questionable shot, fouls at a pretty good rate, and looks like he has been breaking down over the last 2 or so years. all that plus his contract and id probably pass.

Bruno
02-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Have you actually seen him play this season ???

Vinny de Negro Never gave him a shot,He Just used him as a spot up shooter,or PF at times. There was no play called for him, so He had to get his points on his own.
There's a big deference between sucking and not having your coach's support.

Nocioni was bad last year under Skiles. This year he is even worst under Del Negro.

And Nocioni best spot in the NBA is PF.

Bruno
02-19-2009, 02:04 PM
STFU and just say you haven't seen him play lately.

Who do you think you are to tell me STFU ?

NFGIII
02-19-2009, 02:05 PM
As Timvp stated this is a gamble. Some pay off and some don't. Health is the critical issue so I'm in between on this. Depends on what it would take to get him. Big 3, Mase and Hill are out of the question IMO. Anyone else could be considered but would that be enough for the Kings to pull the trigger? As stated so many times once you get pass the above players what do we really have to offer other teams? Not much IMO.

Bruno
02-19-2009, 02:06 PM
and who are you BTW?

I someone who don't say STFU to someone that disagrees with me.

NFGIII
02-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Oberto,Manu and Nocioni playing together would be great to see.

Damn if we only had that other guy.

What's his name?

WalterBenitez
02-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Nocioni is like Manu version 2.....Damn passionate and aggressive.

Hot head at times but I know Spurs fans would love it.

Nocioni is as "dirty" as Bowen, and hard nose like Manu, sometimes could miss the ball like Boner.

Marcus Bryant
02-19-2009, 02:17 PM
As Timvp stated this is a gamble. Some pay off and some don't. Health is the critical issue so I'm in between on this. Depends on what it would take to get him. Big 3, Mase and Hill are out of the question IMO. Anyone else could be considered but would that be enough for the Kings to pull the trigger? As stated so many times once you get pass the above players what do we really have to offer other teams? Not much IMO.

It's a gamble, but I'd rather see the Spurs having to wait a year or two after Duncan hangs them up to get rid of some sorry contracts than concluding the Duncan era with a less than stellar supporting cast and a clean cap. Yeah, Nocioni has some wear and tear and his contract's long, but that has to be balanced with the fact that the clock is ticking on TD's time in SA and the Spurs don't necessarily have that many opportunities to improve themselves through trades, free agency and the draft that will yield impact players. Nocioni at 80% of what he used to be is still a damn good player to have in SA.

Indazone
02-19-2009, 02:21 PM
This is the guy I want on my team. He has the rep of being one of the dirtiest players in the NBA. Just good hard nosed tough defense. Dude can score too. I want to see him with Scola.

waly.mg
02-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Nocioni >>>>>>>>>>>>>> bonner

waly.mg
02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Chapu to the celtics???????'

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57410/20090219/will_nocioni_wind_up_in_boston/

The Celtics and Kings are reportedly discussing a deal that would send Andres Nocioni to Boston.

Boston will likely have to part with a combination of Glen Davis, Brian Scalabrine, Patrick O'Bryant and the injured Tony Allen.

Nocioni has three guaranteed years worth more than $20 million left on his deal after this season.

Spurs Brazil
02-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Nocioni remaining with Kings Despite interest from several teams, including the Boston Celtics, the Sacramento Kings decided to hold onto forward Andres Nocioni, an Eastern Conference official said.

The Kings acquired Nocioni in Wednesday’s trade with the Bulls.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApD9bk18k_n4guoFiHWVtYq8vLYF?slug=ys-tradebuzz021909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Marcus Bryant
02-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Oh well.

ducks
02-19-2009, 03:05 PM
to injury prone like manu

urunobili
02-19-2009, 03:09 PM
to injury prone like manu

what a great time to show your hate you fucking douchebag :pctoss

kuato
02-20-2009, 08:06 PM
IMO, Noc is one of those players that plays a lot better if he was in a better team, a team that shares the ball, like the spurs. ----> Let me correct that , he plays a lot better if the team is not full of stupids and the coach is not an asshole. :P , Del Negro sucks.

Ice009
02-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Any chance Nocioni demands a buyout? ;)

How many years does he have left on his contract?

mystargtr34
02-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Id love to see Noc deliver a hard crack across the forearms of a Gasol or even a Kobe in the playoffs.

Hitting 3's would just be a bonus :lol

EricB
02-20-2009, 08:23 PM
what a great time to show your hate you fucking douchebag :pctoss

Hate or truth?

The evidence is a bit on his side.

DAF86
02-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I know it can't be done now but I just want to give my opinion on Nocioni.

He's overpaid for the role he'd play in the Spurs, he tries hard on defense but sometimes he makes stupid plays for trying so hard and he doesn't have the lateral movement to stay with the Kobes and Lebrons of this world. With all this said he'd be a much needed improvement over Finley, Udoka, and Bowen (at this point of Bruce's career) He can hit any shot, has a quick first step to the basket, has a good drible and is a great rebounder for a SF.

wildbill2u
02-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Isn't there a cap on the number of players you can have from team Argentina?

Yes, it has a flat crown and a flat round brim, usually comes in black.

wisnub
02-20-2009, 11:25 PM
i thought deadline is over..is it not????

ducks
02-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Nocioni >>>>>>>>>>>>>> bonner

2 years ago
not now

ducks
02-20-2009, 11:28 PM
He'd definitely be a roll of the dice. Healthy? Damn good piece.

But there's a good chance he doesn't survive to see the final couple years of his contract the way he's breaking down.

same could be said of another player by the name of manu

MmP
02-20-2009, 11:50 PM
2 years ago
not now
I bet you've only seen him play twice.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-21-2009, 12:06 AM
I like Nocioni more when he play as a PF. He could work good in Spurs if Duncan would be ok with play with a small PF.

raspsa
02-21-2009, 03:30 AM
He'll bring more toughness and passion to the Spurs, two things that you can never have enough of.

TheSpursFNRule
02-21-2009, 03:36 AM
He would work great with the spurs if they played him at PF. Is there any realistic chance of this happening though?

:flag:

Typhoon
02-21-2009, 03:52 AM
Nocioni and KG together? the level of intensity would be off the motherfucking charts.

afireinside20
02-21-2009, 04:51 AM
Any way we can get Nocioni and Chandler?

Deimosfobos
02-21-2009, 04:54 AM
Noc would be great for ths Spurs... but he is overpaid.

TheSpursFNRule
02-21-2009, 05:01 AM
where does it say the Kings are shopping him? and how big is his contract?

Typhoon
02-21-2009, 05:17 AM
where does it say the Kings are shopping him? and how big is his contract?

This year I believe he's making $8.000.000, not sure about the rest of his contract.

Parker
Mason
Nocioni
Duncan
Bonner

Manu 6th man

:lobt2:

TheSpursFNRule
02-21-2009, 05:19 AM
This year I believe he's making $8.000.000, not sure about the rest of his contract.

thank you. does anyone no where it says the Kings are shopping him?

mogrovejo
02-21-2009, 10:10 AM
thank you. does anyone no where it says the Kings are shopping him?

They weren't exactly shopping him (if they accepted to eat his contract was because they like something about him), but there were conversations between them and the Celtics.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25146
Chad Ford: (12:09 PM ET ) We keep hearing all morning that the Celtics were talking to the Kings about a deal for Nocioni. The Kings can move him again as long as they don't package him with other players on their roster. The Celtics would send back Scalabrine, Tony Allen, Glen Davis and Patrick O'Bryant. However, a Celtics source says there's nothing happening there. A Kings source, however, says it would be a possibility. I wonder why the Celtics WOULDN'T do that. Nocioni would be a great piece for them.
UPDATE: Chad Ford: Celtics insist they aren't trading for Nocioni. Interesting because i think the Kings would do the deal.

As far as I know, the negotiations were never serious because the Kings asked for Powe to start the conversations and including him was a no-go to Boston.

I like El Chapu, but his contract is almost toxic. Too much money left to be paid in the next 3 years for a player of his caliber.

Why does it matter now? You can't trade for players anymore, at least until the Summer.

Cherry
02-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Fuck the Kings:hang

Fuck the Celtics:cuss

Poor Chapu:depressed

TheSpursFNRule
02-22-2009, 12:19 AM
They weren't exactly shopping him (if they accepted to eat his contract was because they like something about him), but there were conversations between them and the Celtics.

As far as I know, the negotiations were never serious because the Kings asked for Powe to start the conversations and including him was a no-go to Boston.

I like El Chapu, but his contract is almost toxic. Too much money left to be paid in the next 3 years for a player of his caliber.

Why does it matter now? You can't trade for players anymore, at least until the Summer.

thank you. Nocioni would be a good upgrade at small foward and you could use him at power foward. this is something I think the spurs should really think about.

whottt
02-22-2009, 06:59 AM
Nocioni would be a good fit on the Spurs and shore up some of our weaknesses like rebounding and size at the SF....plus I think having he, Manu and Oberto all on the same team would have a cumulative impact, improving all 3 of their games and giving us possibly the best bench in the NBA due to their experience playing together. Manu and Oberto have gotten us some cheap big points together at times in the post season because of their familiarity with one another...Nocioni would only help that aspect of the team chemistry.

He'd be a nice pickup...

And I agree with those that say he can play a lot better than he has in Chicago. He couldn't get that much consistent PT in Chicago and his game suffered for it.