PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are F*#KING dumb for NOT TAKING VINCE!!!!

Jayem2
02-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Steven A Smith is screaming on ESPN News channel saying that the nets will give us VC for none of the big 3! they'll take bowen,finley..etc He says spurs would be the heavy favorites in the west with VC...and i agree

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ORGANIZATION DOING?!??? GET CARTER!!!
:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

xellos88330
02-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Isn't Carters contract long?

benefactor
And the cliff jumping begins....

bigdog
Steven A Smith is screaming on ESPN News channel saying that the nets will give us VC for none of the big 3! they'll take bowen,finley..etc He says spurs would be the heavy favorites in the west with VC...and i agree

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ORGANIZATION DOING?!??? GET CATER!!!

He didn't say that the Nets would take Bowen, Finley,etc. He was mentioning that the Spurs could offer some contracts like those of a Bowen, Finley, etc.

DPG21920
02-19-2009, 02:27 PM
http://www.impawards.com/2000/posters/get_carter.jpg

Is this what you are referring to?

stxspurs
none of the big 3 were ever involved???

coyotes_geek

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ORGANIZATION DOING?!??? GET CATER!!!

And since Stephen A. is never wrong........................

Jayem2
02-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Isn't Carters contract long?who gives a shyt..ITS VINCE CARTER.. this guy can be KOBE when he wants too. duncan has 2 good years left in him, manu is nearly done too. we need to win now...fuck george hill and mason...GET VINCE AND WIN NOW!!!!

Bartleby
02-19-2009, 02:28 PM

And before the deadline, no less!

ManuTP9
02-19-2009, 02:29 PM
if it really involves none of the big 3 then i say do it imo

Bartleby
GET CATER!!!

:lol

ManuTP9
who gives a shyt..ITS VINCE CARTER.. this guy can be KOBE when he wants too. duncan has 2 good years left in him, manu is nearly done too. we need to win now...fuck george hill and mason...GET VINCE AND WIN NOW!!!!

Lmao :lol:lmao:lmao

porksword
02-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Well, you had to expect the Wile E. Coyotes to start getting in line early. So they could jump off the cliff quickly and not have to wait in line so long.

Duncan2177
02-19-2009, 02:32 PM
I think the spurs are dumb for not going after a bigman to help Duncan in the playoffs.

benefactor
02-19-2009, 02:34 PM

Click here now before it's too late! (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/third+eye+blind/jumper_20136738.html)

PDXSpursFan
My guess is that NJ probably wanted both Mason & Hill involved. The Spurs would probably be willing to give Hill, but not Mason.

ATRAIN
if it really involves none of the big 3 then i say do it imo

no one cares what you say bitch LMAO

FromWayDowntown
02-19-2009, 02:36 PM
I think the spurs are dumb for not going after a bigman to help Duncan in the playoffs.

There's a huge difference between trying to get a big man but not being able to make a trade because you don't have the assets to do it and simply choosing not to go after a big man.

I can't possibly imagine how you could be absolutely certain that the Spurs have simply chosen against pursuing a big man.

DesignatedT
how obnoxious this thread is i somewhat agree.. i would hate to see mason and hill go.. by all means they have been great and have showed signs of being great in years to come but.... I think we need to do whats possible to win NOW also. Duncan is having a fantastic year and with carter here with tp and manu i think that really could overlook are big man problem and win us another trophy.
Duncan is not getting any younger and instead of trying to be a contender for years to come (after tim retires) i think we just need to do what is necessary to win right now.. even if it means were risking our future after tim.

WIN NOW.

Jayem2
My guess is that NJ probably wanted both Mason & Hill involved. The Spurs would probably be willing to give Hill, but not Mason.whats mason good for? clutch shots?? thats Vince's specialty

Tim
Tony
Vc
Manu

who can stop the this big 4??

then we can sign rasheed in the summer :wow

EricB
02-19-2009, 02:37 PM
jayem the attention whore screaming again I see.

dbestpro
02-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Ginobili is done for the year. The Spurs have decided to go through the motions for the rest of the year. Looks like a first round playoff exit. Strange twist of fate that the Suns may now be the biggest challenge to the Lakers in the west for the rest of the year. I hate that the f.o. just simply gave up on the rest of the year. Maybe Pop will find a way to get these guys to focus on defense. Kind of doubt it. There's always next year.

stxspurs
02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
i would keep hill instead of mason

DesignatedT
02-19-2009, 02:40 PM
i dont think we have that great of a chance with manu being healthy right now neverless out for the season. we need to make a move

2Cleva
02-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, you had to expect the Wile E. Coyotes to start getting in line early. So they could jump off the cliff quickly and not have to wait in line so long.

Ahem.

Mr. Body
02-19-2009, 02:41 PM
GET CARTER

is a great fucking movie, by the way.

The Michael Caine original. Forget the other one.

K-State Spur
02-19-2009, 03:05 PM
whats mason good for? clutch shots?? thats Vince's specialty

Tim
Tony
Vc
Manu

who can stop the this big 4??

the fact that there is only one ball.

y'all act like loading a team with 4 big stars has never been done before...it has - and usually not to championship results.

a big 3 plus role playes who are comfortable in those roles IS the formula. the problem with the Spurs championship aspirations is that not every role is currently filled by this group. we are still lacking a shot-blocking 5 and/or a second post scorer for when Duncan is out of the game.

Red Hawk #21
02-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Doesn't Carter have a huge contract?

Austin_Toros
02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
i still say VC would be a good addition to the spurs.... but goodbye salary cap future!

DMX7
02-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Even with VC, he probably wouldn't make us favorites. It was just excite him since he thinks the Spurs are so boring.

Agloco
02-19-2009, 03:31 PM

If Finley is a part of that deal, it's done before it starts.....

NFGIII
02-19-2009, 03:32 PM
My guess is that NJ probably wanted both Mason & Hill involved. The Spurs would probably be willing to give Hill, but not Mason.

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep Hill as our buckup PG and trade Mason rather than both? VC will take Mase's spot but if Hill goes too then we're stuck with JV as the backup PG. Even with VC that scenario is a little scary to me. Anyway trading both Mase and Hill destroys our youth movement, adds VC's huge contract and doesn't guarantee a title. I know there are no guarantees but trading both seems like too big of a gamble. Spurs need to bargain better with the Nets but I really don't see VC coming here if it means trading both of them. Can't see Pop and the FO doing that IMO.

There's a huge difference between trying to get a big man but not being able to make a trade because you don't have the assets to do it and simply choosing not to go after a big man.

I can't possibly imagine how you could be absolutely certain that the Spurs have simply chosen against pursuing a big man.

Agreed. Too many posters rant about the FO not being able to get that Big we need but fail to consider what it would take to get him. Right now it seems that most other teams have more to offer for the available bigs than we do. :bang

mexicanjunior
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Ginobili is done for the year. The Spurs have decided to go through the motions for the rest of the year. Looks like a first round playoff exit.

If no trade and Ginoboli out for the year, there is no point in even trying to make the playoffs. Tank and get your first round pick back from OKC, then retool for next year.

K-State Spur
02-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Seems to be working for LA

LA doesn't have 4 stars. They have 2. Odom has been nothing more than average this year (at least until Bynum went down), and it remains to be seen whether Bynum is a star in the making or just an above average role player.

And they've won zero championships with this group, so we'll see.

DarrinS
02-19-2009, 04:23 PM

Consider the source.

PeterBurns
02-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Spurs are not going to put themselves in the threshold of paying the luxury tax. Having the Big 3 + VC means you would have to pay some serious $$$....Wasn't going to happen

Jayem
02-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Spurs are not going to put themselves in the threshold of paying the luxury tax. Having the Big 3 + VC means you would have to pay some serious $$$....Wasn't going to happenwell now winning the championship isnt going to happen.

thanks for nothing front office! another season failed, another year older our players get.

urunobili
02-19-2009, 04:34 PM
well now winning the championship isnt going to happen.

thanks for nothing front office! another season failed, another year older our players get.

go root for the Lakers then... :bang

BynumPhenom
02-19-2009, 06:16 PM
The Spurs would be dominant if they had Bynum.

Texas_Ranger
02-19-2009, 06:16 PM
The Spurs would be dominant if they had Howard.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-19-2009, 07:01 PM

Bullshit. Every other source I've read said that the Nets wanted at least Mason and Hill for VC, and the Spurs said no to that.

:rolleyes

Think the Spurs' FO is stupid, go support another team.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-19-2009, 07:02 PM
well now winning the championship isnt going to happen.

Why don't you just fcuk off then. We really don't need quitters like you here.

Jayem3
02-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Bullshit. Every other source I've read said that the Nets wanted at least Mason and Hill for VC, and the Spurs said no to that.

Think the Spurs' FO is stupid, go support another team.well we should've traded them too. VC would have given us a better chance of winning. as of right now our roster isn't gonna win shit..

another failed year.

TheSpursFNRule
02-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Its a shame we didn't land Vince. So the Spurs didn't wanna part with Mason Jr. and Hill, on one hand its good because both will now play in San Antonio for a long time but Carter would have given us a much better chance at winning NOW. I mean, as much as I love Mason and Hill...VC, Manu, Tony and Timmy would have been great to watch. Im so tired of hearing Manu will be out for the season because he won't be and now that this trade fell through its a shame because they would have played well together. Now its just another repeat of last year....so fucking lame and boring.

Russ
02-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, the Spurs should've been smarter (like Dallas when they traded that Harris nobody for the great Jason Kidd).

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-19-2009, 07:16 PM
well we should've traded them too. VC would have given us a better chance of winning. as of right now our roster isn't gonna win shit..

another failed year.

You have no idea what makes a successful team, do you? Nor do you have any comprehension of the long term. And you give up IN FEBRUARY. You are no Spurs fan, just another bandwagon bullshit artist.

If we had to give up 5 players including Mason and Hill to get VC, who exactly would we fill out the roster with? Are you sure VC would be able to learn our system in 2 months? And what about our real need at C? Also, you like paying 32yos 20mil for the next 3 years?

VC was not the answer. If we could have gotten him for nothing, the FO would have leapt at it, but gutting the team on a hope makes no sense.

Jayem3
02-19-2009, 07:17 PM
lol @ you guys talking about breaking malik back..because he can hussle. and even talking about rasho??? :rollin:lol

WE COULD OF HAD VINCE FUCKING CARTER!!!! AND STILL HAVE KEPT OUR BIG THREE!!! AND PROBABLY WOULD OF WON IT ALL THIS YEAR!!! :bang:bang:bang

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
It astounds me that so many of you BANDWAGON DOUCHEBAGS give up on your team in FEBRUARY. We didn't look very good in Feb 2007, either.

Holt's Cat
02-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Dealing one of your top 3 players is one thing, but passing on the opportunity to add Carter to the Big 3?

Oh well, I look forward to the 'they've won four championships in ten...er, eleven seasons so STFU' threads this summer.

Spur-Addict
02-19-2009, 09:22 PM

The new avatar sucks. There's only one way to go from the top.

itzsoweezee
02-19-2009, 09:38 PM
LMAO. vince carter is not the difference maker.

Avitus1
02-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Fuck Carter, and fuck the trade.

SouthTexasRancher
02-19-2009, 09:58 PM
lol @ you guys talking about breaking malik back..because he can hussle. and even talking about rasho??? :rollin:lol

WE COULD OF HAD VINCE FUCKING CARTER!!!! AND STILL HAVE KEPT OUR BIG THREE!!! AND PROBABLY WOULD OF WON IT ALL THIS YEAR!!! :bang:bang:bang

Shut the Hell up you little Phoney Suns fan. Go back home so mommy can take care of you. You know, like change your dirty diapers, spoon feed you and stuff like that. Sheeeeshhh, what an Idiot...!

intlspurshk
02-19-2009, 10:09 PM
spurs are not f dumb, they are just f poor and couldn't afford VC

spursnatic
02-19-2009, 10:23 PM
If I was the GM, I would've offered Bowen, Oberto and the draft rights to Splitter and cash.. But I would not want to give up Mason or Hill. They were saying the Nets were pretty desperate,but they couldn't have been too desperate?...Because there are plenty of teams that could've used Carter.

SpursTruth2
04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
spurs front office must be feeling real stupid right now

Spursfan092120
04-07-2009, 04:04 PM
um..nope.

sook
04-07-2009, 04:25 PM
If I was the GM, I would've offered Bowen, Oberto and the draft rights to Splitter and cash.. But I would not want to give up Mason or Hill. They were saying the Nets were pretty desperate,but they couldn't have been too desperate?...Because there are plenty of teams that could've used Carter.

salaries don't match?

ulosturedge
04-07-2009, 05:14 PM
um Vince Carter is getting old and we would have to overpay him. He doesn't really add anything to our defense btw. Carter was the savior of the team now?....

Can we finally be done with adding aging players to our roster please. We have our aging vets already please give me a young supporting cast.

Mal
04-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Isn't Carters contract long?

Long for what ? Chris Bosh is not worth 2 years of tanking.

Morg1411
04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
I was in favor of acquiring Carter back in February, but I'm glad we didn't get him. Have you seen him play lately? The guy defines inconsistency. When he's on, he kicks ass. When he isn't interested, he just wanders around on the floor and takes up valuable space.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2009, 05:41 PM

Yeah, Vince has his team poised to finish five games out of the playoffs. Who wouldn't want him?

rascal
04-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, Vince has his team poised to finish five games out of the playoffs. Who wouldn't want him?

Thats not too bad considering their roster.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Thats not too bad considering their roster.

Considering their roster has Vince Carter on it, I have to agree. Doesn't exactly go against my argument.

SenorSpur
04-07-2009, 06:21 PM

:lol

wildbill2u
04-07-2009, 06:40 PM

Isn't Gooden a big man they got to help Tim?

Since trade deadline is over, who could they bring on board that would be a big help?

rascal
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Considering their roster has Vince Carter on it, I have to agree. Doesn't exactly go against my argument.

Carter would not be the primary option on the spurs. He isn't good enough to carry a team as its best player but as a compliment to Duncan and Parker not a bad move at all. Goes against your argument.

Obstructed_View
04-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Carter would not be the primary option on the spurs. He isn't good enough to carry a team as its best player but as a compliment to Duncan and Parker not a bad move at all. Goes against your argument.

If he isn't good enough to carry the team, then he's not as good as Manu. Period.

rascal
04-08-2009, 01:31 PM
If he isn't good enough to carry the team, then he's not as good as Manu. Period.

He is better than Manu. Manu can't carry a team either without Duncan.

Manu is doing some good in street clothes.

Manu on Fire
04-08-2009, 03:28 PM
If this topic was made sooner it may be worth reading but making this topic after the injury is lame.

rascal
04-08-2009, 05:09 PM
If this topic was made sooner it may be worth reading but making this topic after the injury is lame.

The thread was started on Feb 19.

Agloco
04-08-2009, 05:44 PM

You AND Stephen A. say they'll be favorites?!?!

Well shit, what are we waiting for?

Spursfan092120
04-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Why are we still discussing this?