PDA

View Full Version : This Is BS

monosylab1k
02-19-2009, 03:20 PM
After all that fuckin big talk about being "active" and how they were in "go for it mode" and how they were gonna swing for the fences, and how they were gonna take advantage of the financial misfortunes of other teams....all that bullshit bitch talk and Mark Cuban & Donnie Nelson once again sit with their thumbs up their dickholes, and the Mavs are on the outside looking in again.

Ghazi
02-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Shut da FUCK up.

sribb43
02-19-2009, 03:24 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117160

Indazone
02-19-2009, 03:26 PM
lol because Cuban is sold on the fact that Jason Kidd is the second coming of Steve Nash.

sribb43
02-19-2009, 03:28 PM
No JET for a month + No trades = No playoffs for your Dallas Mavs...

SpursDynasty
02-19-2009, 03:28 PM
NBA = Trade Fail

pauls931
02-19-2009, 03:32 PM
huh?

Ghazi
02-19-2009, 03:34 PM
You guys are fuckin retarded with that mocking of "we lvoe our team"

Last time they said "we love our team" we MADE THE KIDD TRADE.

So mono mocks "we love our team", even though it preceded a trade which he sucked teh dick off, yet says our FO is passive because the trade has been at BEST, lateral?

Shut the MUTHA fuck up Mono.

We were muthafuckin fleeced, our assets sucked, and we got nuffin outta them.

WAhhh our late game execution sucks, wahhh we blew a lead, wahhh we almost lost to the Thunder, wahhhh DIrk is a pussy, wahhhh we should trade Dirk, wahhhhhh. wahhhh we didnt show up.

If you hate a flawed team, I suggest cheering for another one :toast

FromWayDowntown
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
I have to say, I'm impressed by anyone who can get his own thumb up his own dickhole.

That's true whether they make a trade or not.

Shank
02-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Ahahahaa...Donnie is of the Nelson bloodlines of total bullshit artists. Not only does he know know what he's doing, but he's full of shit. He'll sell something about "working until the last minute" - translate that into: we couldn't get Lebron for Gerald Green.

But, hey - fuck it. I tried!

mattb_25
02-19-2009, 03:40 PM
GHAZI shut the fuck up dude.. He just pretty much said that shit again

"We like our boys in blue,'' he said after all the talk produced no action.
-Eddie Sefko

Quit being a fucking fanboy and realize that we can't do shit right and we'll never win with Donnie, and quite possibly Cuban running the show. They think that Stackhouse is going to help us? Please he's done. And because Wright had one good game they decide that hes good enough. Man fuck them FO of this team.

mattb_25
02-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Man just reading that quote pisses me off.

Ghazi
02-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Im not being a fanboy.

Ive just learned to accept that the Mavs are what they are, and we're not a realistic trade away from contention.

Our "swing for the fences" trade WAS the Kidd trade last year. FO tried, FO failed.

You dont get do overs in NBA> Our bench has been depleted of talent in last few years due to FO fuck ups, the Kidd trade in hindsight was lateral at best, and depleted us of resources, the MLE on Diop disasta city... you can't just fix all of that with a trade for a player like... I dunno, who do we have in mind anyway? Mike Miller? Yeah... we're not a Mike Miller away from a championship. Even if we did land a guy like salmons, lets get real here.

So I ask to all fo you bitchin, what NAME did u have in mind and would that NAME make us elite?

Its just mono's predictable whining that's vexing :toast

lurker
02-19-2009, 03:50 PM
I think Stack is probably just as annoyed that he wasn't traded as Mavs fans are.

monosylab1k
02-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Im not being a fanboy.

Ive just learned to accept that the Mavs are what they are, and we're not a realistic trade away from contention.

Our "swing for the fences" trade WAS the Kidd trade last year. FO tried, FO failed.

You dont get do overs in NBA> Our bench has been depleted of talent in last few years due to FO fuck ups, the Kidd trade in hindsight was lateral at best, and depleted us of resources, the MLE on Diop disasta city... you can't just fix all of that with a trade for a player like... I dunno, who do we have in mind anyway? Mike Miller? Yeah... we're not a Mike Miller away from a championship. Even if we did land a guy like salmons, lets get real here.

So I ask to all fo you bitchin, what NAME did u have in mind and would that NAME make us elite?

Its just mono's predictable whining that's vexing :toast

The difference between people like you and real Mavs fans like us is that we don't accept mediocrity with open arms.

Ghazi
02-19-2009, 03:55 PM
No choice but to accept it brother... the descendence from elite to mediocre usually means its gonna be hard to get back to elite without getting really shitty again.

The next time the Mavs are elite, it'll probably be after a long period of shittiness.

Unless we get lucky and fleece someone.

What does "not accepting it" mean anyway? I'm not happy about the current state of our beloved Mavs, but it doesnt mean Im gonna stop watching or cheering or anything.

But again I ask, what trade out there honestly makes us elite? A trade for the sake of trade doesn't necessarily change our ceiling (which I say at best is 1 playoff series win, only because the West seems to be in somewhat of a flux).

monosylab1k
02-19-2009, 03:59 PM
No choice but to accept it brother... the descendence from elite to mediocre usually means its gonna be hard to get back to elite without getting really shitty again.

The next time the Mavs are elite, it'll probably be after a long period of shittiness.

Unless we get lucky and fleece someone.

What does "not accepting it" mean anyway? I'm not happy about the current state of our beloved Mavs, but it doesnt mean Im gonna stop watching or cheering or anything.

But again I ask, what trade out there honestly makes us elite? A trade for the sake of trade doesn't necessarily change our ceiling (which I say at best is 1 playoff series win, only because the West seems to be in somewhat of a flux).

The Mavs can be fixed to elite status again, unfortunately Donnie Nelson & Cuban are idiots who aren't smart enough to figure it out. They think "we tried" is good enough.

tcFx4ymZFgU

clambake
02-19-2009, 04:05 PM

in that case, why not ship dirk somewhere for players and picks?

Ghazi
Agree to disagree, maybe Im overrating the Lakers but I dont see any trade that would change the fact that they'd have HCA in a series v us, Kobe shreds us everytime, they have a better bench, better frontline, better O, better D, best player in series everything.

I only mention the Lakers since the West runs through them, and they are the "measuring stick" of an elite team in the West.

Perhaps there's a trade that could've vaulted us over teams like Hornets, Blazers, hell maybe even the Nuggets/Spurs (not in standings though), but at end of day would that really be satisfying? those are scrub teams.

But oh well, we'll go to war with what we muthafuckin got.

Donnie Nelson
Hey fellas, no worries. After a sit-down chat with Hubie Brown, he assured me that we've got another 18 ppg scorer in Jerry Stackhouse just waiting to get back into the lineup!

Getting Jerry back is essentially the same as the Lakers getting Pau Gasol last year! I love this team!

Sheryl Crow
02-19-2009, 04:07 PM
I knew when I got to the forum page and saw this thread title it had to have been started by a vagina.

Humble Billy Hayes
02-19-2009, 04:08 PM
The Mavs can be fixed to elite status again, unfortunately Donnie Nelson & Cuban are idiots who aren't smart enough to figure it out. They think "we tried" is good enough.

tcFx4ymZFgU

A little rubber puppet with a fist up it's ass is smarter than Donnie Nelson.

I gotta say guys, my Mavs fever is only around 99.7 degrees right now, usually it's around 103! I was really hoping for a trade. :depressed

No worries though, after a quick repair, THE JET WILL BE ON THE RUNWAY AGAIN!

Brickhouse
02-19-2009, 05:55 PM
With Terry out for 6 weeks, here's to the lottery or maybe, if we're lucky 8th seed. But at least Lebron is coming in 2010. Donnie and Cuban know what they're doing!

:cheer:cheer

Brickhouse
02-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Agree to disagree, maybe Im overrating the Lakers but I dont see any trade that would change the fact that they'd have HCA in a series v us, Kobe shreds us everytime, they have a better bench, better frontline, better O, better D, best player in series everything.

I only mention the Lakers since the West runs through them, and they are the "measuring stick" of an elite team in the West.

Perhaps there's a trade that could've vaulted us over teams like Hornets, Blazers, hell maybe even the Nuggets/Spurs (not in standings though), but at end of day would that really be satisfying? those are scrub teams.

But oh well, we'll go to war with what we muthafuckin got.

:blah:blah:blah:blah the rest of the league is a fluke, if they didn't hit those fluky bullshit shots all the time, the Mavs will be champs this season :blah:blah:blah:blah:blah

Go team :cheer:cheer

Allanon
02-19-2009, 06:01 PM
"We love our team."

I guess they meant it.

Robinho
02-19-2009, 06:13 PM
mavs are good

LEONARD
02-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Wah...

mavs>spurs2
02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
This would be the perfect time for the Mavs to just tank like the Spurs did and try to get a top pick. Trade it for a vet allstar and make a push next year. What are they thinking not trading Kidd. Kidd is bolting to LA or Boston next season to play for free. Kidd has always been a Laker fan. Mavs also need to get another coach, obviously.

I just dont understand fans of teams like you guys. Why dont you boycott the team to get results. Lakers fans keep pressure on their GM's to keep stars on the team.

We already traded this years pick, so tanking would only benefit whoever has our pick.

Fuck the mavs, fuck cuban, fuck the FO

Fucking Cuban too worried about saving money to make a deal, I hope attendance and sales drops like a rock. Maybe if Cuban goes bankrupt he'll be forced to sell the team and the next owner won't try to play gm and coach the team. Just like Jerry fucking Jones. Know your role, Cubes, you're a businessman, you don't know jack shit about basketball. Your so called expertise is why Devin Harris is an all star in New Jersey. Everyone go fuck yourselves, cuban, coaches, heartless players, and fans who still "love our team" alike

Rogue
02-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey fellas, no worries. After a sit-down chat with Hubie Brown, he assured me that we've got another 18 ppg scorer in Jerry Stackhouse just waiting to get back into the lineup!

Getting Jerry back is essentially the same as the Lakers getting Pau Gasol last year! I love this team!
:lmao

dirk4mvp
02-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Cuban's Bball IQ surfaced when he let Nash walk away to the Suns.

You mean like how we immediately got better when he left?

Brickhouse
02-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Did you just hear Donnie on the radio?

Blabbing about 2010 again...all these star players are wetting their pants to come to Dallas for the weather, to play alongside a 32 year old Dirk/ 500 year old Kidd/ and a bunch of D-leaguers, and for the lockeroom anmenities.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

mavs>spurs2
02-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Did you just hear Donnie on the radio?

Blabbing about 2010 again...all these star players are wetting their pants to come to Dallas for the weather, to play alongside a 32 year old Dirk/ 500 year old Kidd/ and a bunch of D-leaguers, and for the lockeroom anmenities.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The only one I can see coming is Chris Bosh, having graduated right here from Lincoln high school. Although he and Dirk wouldn't fit well together, so I really don't see the point

Findog
02-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Lakers fans keep pressure on their GM's to keep stars on the team.

The fuck you do. The Lakers have the benefit of being in LA and their status as one of the league's glamour franchises. They never have any trouble attracting quality FAs who want to play there. I could GM the Lakers to 14 titles.

It must be nice being a Laker fan, because of how easy it is, but don't for a second think that you have any influence on your team's success or matter in the slightest.

Findog
02-19-2009, 07:11 PM
The team was in its growing stage, so of course they got better. But just think if they had kept Nash with Dirk and surrounded players around those two.

They went as far as they could with Nash and Dirk together. No team with those two in the starting lineup defensively would ever win a championship. Dirk at least has worked himself into a mediocre defender, whereas Nash has always been terrible.

The Mavs would've also resigned marginal All Star Steve Nash, not two-time MVP and franchise player SSOL Steve Nash.

Brickhouse
02-19-2009, 07:13 PM
The only one I can see coming is Chris Bosh, having graduated right here from Lincoln high school. Although he and Dirk wouldn't fit well together, so I really don't see the point

Chris Bosh quote on coming to Dallas "yeah maybe when I'm old and almost out of the league"

The fucktards are using the 2010 card to try to appease fans b/c of their incompetency now and with the Kidd trade. Nothing else but some more bullshit.

All these mysterious star players must be from the D-league b/c after all these years of alluding to them, they have yet to actually show that "everyone wants to come to Dallas" is true.

dirk4mvp
02-19-2009, 07:15 PM
What excuse will they give us when we come up empty handed in '10?

IronMexican
02-19-2009, 07:16 PM
It's pretty damn good to be a Laker fan, I can't deny it. But at least you guys hzve the Cowboys.

NFL > NBA

monosylab1k
02-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Wah...

Coming from a guy who obsessively charts every last post by SpursDynasty.

monosylab1k
02-19-2009, 07:43 PM

Plus anybody who thinks Bosh is in the same league as Wade, LeBron, or hell even Amare, has another thing comin to them.

If there's 1's and 1.5's....Chris Bosh is easily no better than a 2. Whoever signs that guy to a max contract will immediately regret that decision. His game is a poor man's KG and his on-court leadership is even meeker than Dirk's.

dallaskd
02-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Go Mavs.

Rogue
02-19-2009, 08:11 PM
definitely there were more trades being made and sent to stern before deanline, but most of them have not been anounced. it's not proper to anounce a trade without the full execution of it, stern is busy working on those trade proposals I think. Some explosive trades are probably on their ways, wait several hours till all the trades are executed and anounced. teams have made trades and sent to stern the trades proposals that they have already agreed on. It's still too early to say there's no trade for us, maybe a decent center is right on the way to dallas.

Ghazi
02-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Odds of 2010-2011 being a "blow it up" year are higher than "land big time free agent" year.

sribb43
02-19-2009, 08:53 PM
You guys have a strong fan base too. I know that sucks. Cuban's Bball IQ surfaced when he let Nash walk away to the Suns. Then he brings in Kidd and got rid of Harris.

Better how? by winning 2 more games in the 2006 Finals? I highly doubt it...Mavs would have ran out basically the same team that lost to the Kings in 2004 w/ Bradley and Lafrentz at center. Saying that letting Nash go was a huge mistake is ridiculous

sribb43
02-19-2009, 08:55 PM

Bosh and Dirk isnt a good fit imo...they both operate off the same spots on the floor and neither are true post up players, they would rather face you up

Rogue
02-19-2009, 09:01 PM
is it that hard to discover all these anounced trades are mini ones? there should be some big trades still waiting for their permmissions from stern.

Pelicans78
02-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Odds of 2010-2011 being a "blow it up" year are higher than "land big time free agent" year.

At least you have the Lakers to root for.

LEONARD
02-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Coming from a guy who obsessively charts every last post by SpursDynasty.

Think what you want... :rollin

dirk4mvp
02-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Think what you want... :rollin

I know it's not that hard for you to do since you make the post as SD then log in under Leonard to document it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Letting Nash go was smart regardless of the Kidd trade. When the Suns signed Nash for what they did, almost everyone thought it was a gross over payment for a frail borderline all star with a bad back. At the time, he wasn't this annual MVP candidate most people think he is. I would be lying if I said I was happy with the signing when it occurred.

I'm sure if Cuban could have made that decision knowing what events would occur from 2004-2008, he would have handled it differently. As much as I can't stand the guy, I don't fault him for being unable to predict the future.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 03:54 PM
2 years after letting Nash go we won a muthafuckin championship, if not for BS shots and whistles.

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 03:55 PM
The Mavs were doing fine until the Kidd. That's the trade that rocked their franchise. Harris is young and will get better. Plus, you trade 2 1st round picks. Another problem is the regression of Josh Howard. Him and Dirk complemented each other well in the scoring department. Hopefully he can get his career back on track.

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 03:57 PM
2 years after letting Nash go we won a muthafuckin championship, if not for our best player being European. That's why I root for the Lakers now

:lol

sribb43
02-20-2009, 03:58 PM
http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/ac2154bd9b3e3606b208a52a36a6d17b17b7d8d_t.gif

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-20-2009, 04:01 PM
The Mavs were doing fine until the Kidd. That's the trade that rocked their franchise. Harris is young and will get better. Plus, you trade 2 1st round picks. Another problem is the regression of Josh Howard. Him and Dirk complemented each other well in the scoring department. Hopefully he can get his career back on track.

The Golden State loss rocked their franchise, just like the 2007 Spurs playoff loss rocked the Suns franchise.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 04:22 PM
The rigged Finals rocked our franchise.

Even though we won 67 games the next year, it was still a franchise rocker.

Things were not "fine" in 07-08 before the Kidd trade. we were 35-18, which is good, but that's 3 more losses than we had all of the year prior, BEFORE the all star break.

06-07 was some quality defense by the Mavs, top 5 in league can't ask for much better considering our roster... next year it had regressed badly, and Dirk was playing marginal before the Kidd trade as well.

LEONARD
02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
I know it's not that hard for you to do since you make the post as SD then log in under Leonard to document it.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3129229&postcount=82

Fuck off

dirk4mvp
02-20-2009, 04:32 PM
timvp already said it was you. I don't have anything to prove.

Findog
02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3129229&postcount=82

fuck off

mav fan disunity!

Findog
02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
For what it's worth, I saw Mike Rhyner at the Jason's Deli on Main Street in downtown today around 12:45.

SpursDynasty
02-20-2009, 04:43 PM

I'm not LEONARD son.

LEONARD
02-20-2009, 04:47 PM

I'll ask AGAIN...

SHOW ME WHERE HE SAID THIS

or STFU...

Findog
02-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Mike Rhyner...Jason's Deli...soft-serve machine!!!!!

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 05:15 PM
The rigged Finals rocked our franchise.

Even though we won 67 games the next year, it was still a franchise rocker.

Things were not "fine" in 07-08 before the Kidd trade. we were 35-18, which is good, but that's 3 more losses than we had all of the year prior, BEFORE the all star break.

06-07 was some quality defense by the Mavs, top 5 in league can't ask for much better considering our roster... next year it had regressed badly, and Dirk was playing marginal before the Kidd trade as well.

You guys went 16-13 after the trade. You may have finished 4th or 5th in the West, plus kept a young PG and the draft picks.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 05:36 PM
that 16-13 record was fluke bullshit if I ever saw one. We were 1-9 in games decided in the final minute. Thats a muthafuckin fluke.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 05:39 PM
is Spursdynasty really the drummer for that one band?

mavs>spurs2
02-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Spursdynasty is an intergalactic space midget hellbent on ruling the www

Brickhouse
02-20-2009, 06:04 PM
that 16-13 record was fluke bullshit if I ever saw one. We were 1-9 in games decided in the final minute. Thats a muthafuckin fluke.

fluke
1 [flook]
–noun
1. the part of an anchor that catches in the ground, esp. the flat triangular piece at the end of each arm.
2. a barb, or the barbed head, of a harpoon, spear, arrow, or the like.
3. either half of the triangular tail of a whale.

fluke
2 [flook]
–noun
1. an accidental advantage; stroke of good luck: He got the job by a fluke.
2. an accident or chance happening.
3. an accidentally successful stroke, as in billiards.

fluke
3 [flook]
–noun
1. any of several American flounders of the genus Paralichthys, esp. P. dentatus, found in the Atlantic Ocean.
2. any of various other flatfishes.
3. a trematode.

Findog
02-20-2009, 06:07 PM
I propose: Only SpursDynasty may use the word "fluke." Everybody else should have their fluke privileges revoked.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Our opponents had a "stroke of good luck" going 7-1 or 9-1 or w/e in games decided in the final minute ;).

Close games come down to luck more so than "clutch execution".

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 06:19 PM

You're not using the right word. A fluke is something that goes in your favor. What you should be using is aberration. :lol

Kind of like us losing Game 7 at home last season was an aberration. :p:

monosylab1k
02-20-2009, 07:47 PM
I'll ask AGAIN...

SHOW ME WHERE HE SAID THIS

or STFU...

show us where he confirmed SpursDynasty wasn't you.

monosylab1k
02-20-2009, 07:51 PM
btw it seems like Ghazi is trying to position himself as some sort of phenomenal troll in the same league as SpursDynasty and Rogue, but I think we can all agree he's failing miserably.

monosylab1k
02-20-2009, 07:52 PM
For what it's worth, I saw Mike Rhyner at the Jason's Deli on Main Street in downtown today around 12:45.

To make things very uncomfortable, you should have gotten his opinion of 105.3 The Fan.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 08:37 PM
btw it seems like Ghazi is trying to position himself as some sort of phenomenal troll in the same league as SpursDynasty and Rogue, but I think we can all agree he's failing miserably.

I just call them like I see them. 1-7 in close games is bad luck.

LEONARD
02-23-2009, 12:10 PM
show us where he confirmed SpursDynasty wasn't you.

He intentionally said nothing to make people curious...he's doing a BIT.

monosylab1k
02-23-2009, 12:12 PM
He intentionally said nothing to make people curious...he's doing a BIT.

O rly?

Yorae
02-23-2009, 11:30 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b7/fullj.bc4fa96db5ece5fc31dc376a9b029247/bc4fa96db5ece5fc31dc376a9b029247-getty-82980030jg017_76ers_nets.jpg

Haha....haha...haha.....

ElNono
02-23-2009, 11:48 PM
LOL at Donnie blowing the entire MLE wad on Diop...
The Kidd trade was bad, but that waste of money in the off-season is right up there in the cluelessness ranking...

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 09:43 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b7/fullj.bc4fa96db5ece5fc31dc376a9b029247/bc4fa96db5ece5fc31dc376a9b029247-getty-82980030jg017_76ers_nets.jpg

Haha....haha...haha.....

Haha I hit a luck shot against the Sixers, and am putting up inflated stats on a garbage team in a half empty arena?

The only reason Devin's stats are so good this year is because he's the Nets best player. And the reason the Nets are 25-32 is because Devin Harris is the Nets best player.

Again, I love our beloved Devin, but he's getting a blowjob by some that he's not worthy of.

Shank
02-24-2009, 09:45 AM
What is that mascot? A werewolf?

sribb43
02-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Shouldnt the Nets be fighting for the #1 seed since Devin Harris is on the their team

Indazone
02-24-2009, 09:55 AM
2 years after letting Nash go we won a muthafuckin championship, if not for BS shots and whistles.

what championship? Again another braindead comment by Ghazi.

Texas Championships
San Antonio Spurs 4
Houston Rockets 2
Dallas Mavericks 0

TDMVPDPOY
02-24-2009, 10:17 AM
i wonder why you guys traded daniels a few years back btw?

that wouldve been a stacked team

stretch
02-24-2009, 10:19 AM
i wonder why you guys traded daniels a few years back btw?

that wouldve been a stacked team

having daniels could have made a big difference against golden state. he was a guy with the size and quickness to guard guys like Baron Davis or Steven Jackson more effectively. Plus he was more of an attacker, not a shooter. and even now, having him with Kidd would be awesome, considering how much he slashes.

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 10:20 AM

Texas Championships
San Antonio Spurs 4
Houston Rockets 2
Dallas Mavericks 0

shut it kill bill pana, you were liek 3 years old when the Rockets won their title anyway. why live vicariously through something you didn't personally experience? :king. oh, the Spurs titles? So now you're a Texas basketball fan instead of a rockets fan? Well then, allow me, as a fan of the Mavs, who are in Texas, to share in the glory of teh Rockets and spurs 6 championships.

but, nobody cares about 1994 or 1995, why should you when you were 3 years old then? let's talk about the current batch of rockets, a batch that has blown a 2-0 lead in teh 1st round twice, who has failed to achieve a 1st round victory, and who lost to teh Mavs 116-76 in game 7.

Mavs > Rockets :toast

TDMVPDPOY
02-24-2009, 10:28 AM
having daniels could have made a big difference against golden state. he was a guy with the size and quickness to guard guys like Baron Davis or Steven Jackson more effectively. Plus he was more of an attacker, not a shooter. and even now, having him with Kidd would be awesome, considering how much he slashes.

today u guys dont even need kidd, shouldve just kept harris and diop as backup C.

dampier/diop
dirk/scrub
josh/daniels/green
terry/stackhouse
harris/barrea

you guys wouldve kept a young team core, and strong on the wing back court....

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 10:30 AM
today u guys dont even need kidd, shouldve just kept harris and diop as backup C.

dampier/diop
dirk/scrub
josh/daniels/green
terry/stackhouse
harris/barrea

while that is a championship core evidenced by 2006, that is also a core that failed massively in the 06-07 playoffs. that core might be good for 55 wins thus, but nothing to call home about in the playoffs. i sincerely doubt Marquis daniels was the difference between beating or losing to Golden state.

Shank
02-24-2009, 10:33 AM

dampier/diop
dirk/scrub
josh/daniels/green
terry/stackhouse
harris/barrea

That would be under the assumption that Devin Harris would be playing this way while still in Dallas and that likely wouldn't be the case. With that lineup, what happens to Avery then?

leemajors
02-24-2009, 10:57 AM

teen wolf!

TDMVPDPOY
02-24-2009, 11:03 AM
That would be under the assumption that Devin Harris would be playing this way while still in Dallas and that likely wouldn't be the case. With that lineup, what happens to Avery then?

shouldve kept nelson and try implementing small ball run n gun with dirk playin center.....

or get d antoni when he was available

ElNono
02-24-2009, 12:09 PM

Sly the Fox... not foxy enough to bring fans in though...

monosylab1k
02-24-2009, 12:34 PM

Texas Championships
San Antonio Spurs 4
Houston Rockets 2*
Dallas Mavericks 0[/B]

*neither title deemed legitimate due to Article XVII.c of The Jordan Clause
-XzMi8QguRs

fixed

The Franchise
02-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Shouldnt the Nets be fighting for the #1 seed since Devin Harris is on the their team

No, but the Mavs quite possibly could be if they had retained his services.

IronMexican
02-24-2009, 12:42 PM
We're not gonna have anymore Kobe vs LBJ or MJ threads. For now on, it's Kidd vs Harris!

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Haha I hit a luck shot against the Sixers, and am putting up inflated stats on a garbage team in a half empty arena?

The only reason Devin's stats are so good this year is because he's the Nets best player. And the reason the Nets are 25-32 is because Devin Harris is the Nets best player.

Again, I love our beloved Devin, but he's getting a blowjob by some that he's not worthy of.

The point is he's way younger than Kidd, doesn't count as much now against the cap, and you guys gave up some draft picks.

monosylab1k
02-24-2009, 12:46 PM
The point is he's way younger than Kidd, doesn't count as much now against the cap, and you guys gave up some draft picks.

Getting Jason Kidd means more cap space for 2010. People are laughing now, but they won't be laughing when we have Dirk, Bosh, & Wade.

^that's just a sample of how stupid Mark Cuban is because he truly believes that.

I was all for the Kidd trade, but that's because I thought they would make additional moves to keep the team strong, not because they wanted to make a play for a 2010 free agent.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 12:47 PM
But overall, Devin isn't that great. Shooting 43% from the field? Ouch. Only 6.6 assists and with his long arms averages only 3.2 rebounds. Honestly, he's worried about his own scoring.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Getting Jason Kidd means more cap space for 2010. People are laughing now, but they won't be laughing when we have Dirk, Bosh, & Wade.

^that's just a sample of how stupid Mark Cuban is because he truly believes that.

Don't forget CP3 the following season.

CP3
Wade
Bass
Bosh
Dirk

NBA Champs 2012. I'm laughing now, but watch it happen.

Indazone
02-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Ghazi the Mavsfan. EPIC FAIL

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.bobanddan.com/images/Bob/knobler.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHNGqUy1q4UNZr91S3jrpVo0EsN7A

mogrovejo
02-24-2009, 01:17 PM
The problems the Harris vs. Kidd trade were:

- too pricey for the Mavs.
- Kidd is not a good fit with their current roster. Kidd need to be surrounded by smart players, not the dumb ones they have.

I agree with the Mavs fans who say Harris doesn't deserve all the hype he gets and that Kidd still has enough gas left in the tank.

Indazone
02-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Kidd is old and slow and he's not getting faster anytime soon. He can still thread the needle with his passes and for him to be effective, it's got to be a half court game and he's got to have a bunch of finishers on his teams. Do we see any finishers on the current Mav's team besides Dirk?

koriwhat
02-24-2009, 01:32 PM
shut it Ghazi, you were liek 3 years old when the Mavs won their bs '06 conference title anyway. why live vicariously through something you didn't personally experience like a championship?

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Kidd is old and slow and he's not getting faster anytime soon. He can still thread the needle with his passes and for him to be effective, it's got to be a half court game and he's got to have a bunch of finishers on his teams. Do we see any finishers on the current Mav's team besides Dirk?

You call Dirk a finisher? Maybe if there's bratwurst and beer nvolved.

dirk4mvp
02-24-2009, 01:48 PM
You call Dirk a finisher? Maybe if there's bratwurst and beer nvolved.

I don't know if this is a failed attempt at a joke or something, but there aren't many 25 ppg scorers that aren't considered finishers.

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 02:48 PM
No, but the Mavs quite possibly could be if they had retained his services.

Mavs - Kidd + Devin would NOT be challenging the Lakers right now. That's just dumb. To simplify, the difference between Devin's skills and Kidd's skills is NOT worth 12.5 games over 55 games, which is the gap between the Mavs and the Lakers. That's just silly.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Mavs - Kidd + Devin would NOT be challenging the Lakers right now. That's just dumb. To simplify, the difference between Devin's skills and Kidd's skills is NOT worth 12.5 games over 55 games, which is the gap between the Mavs and the Lakers. That's just silly.

That still isn't the point fuckface. The point is you gave up someone much younger and two draft picks for an old fart who makes more money and can't defend anyone decent and can't do shit offensively.

Shank
02-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Must we cover this same stupid fucking bullshit EVERY FUCKING TIME DEVIN FUCKING HARRIS FUCKING DOES ANY FUCKING THING?

02-24-2009, 06:28 PM
cuban should set up a foundation to help those who suffered severe trauma and psychological effects after the kidd-harris tragedy.

BUMP
02-24-2009, 07:29 PM
I just dont understand fans of teams like you guys. Why dont you boycott the team to get results. Lakers fans keep pressure on their GM's to keep stars on the team.

this is really why i hate the Lakers so much.

not only does their team have to be better, but their almighty and knowledgeable fans are better than everyone and they actually think that they dictate the team's success somewhat

DaDakota
02-24-2009, 07:43 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/8/e/f/8efe90ce270d46bc1aa42835b158ce24.gif

:D

DD