PDA

View Full Version : Its not quite deadline time............

lebomb
02-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Deals can be approved after the deadline as long as they were submitted to the league office before 3 p.m.

Spurs hopefully are doing something!!!

tonylongoriafan
02-19-2009, 03:42 PM
then why is it called a deadline WTF?

Death In June
02-19-2009, 03:47 PM
It's time to let the trade thing go. It's not happening.

King
02-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Est

timvp
02-19-2009, 03:48 PM
http://punditdad.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/wve-white-flag-260.jpg

rayray2k8
02-19-2009, 03:49 PM
As long as trade proposals are sent in BEFORE the deadline, anything is a go..
But as far as any trades for the spurs go, don't expect anything..
Referring to players named "Sheed" and "VC".

phyzik
02-19-2009, 03:50 PM
then why is it called a deadline WTF?

The deadline is the time the teams have to submit the trade request to the NBA. The NBA still has to review and approve/disapprove them.

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Deals can be approved after the deadline as long as they were submitted to the league office before 3 p.m.

Spurs hopefully are doing something!!!

They can't be doing something. The deal had to be submitted by 3pm. The league reviews all trades and has to approve them. It's okay if the league gives their approval after 3, but the deal still had to be done by 3.

loveforthegame
02-19-2009, 03:52 PM
It's not happening. Wouldn't Ludden or somebody have leaked the news by now if the Spurs had submitted a trade?

EricB
02-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Its over.

Move on.

lebomb
02-19-2009, 03:53 PM
They can't be doing something. The deal had to be submitted by 3pm. The league reviews all trades and has to approve them. It's okay if the league gives their approval after 3, but the deal still had to be done by 3.

I know..........I was just wishing. :depressed

SpursDynasty
02-19-2009, 03:55 PM
There's a rumor that we might be getting Rasheed Wallace.

Texas_Ranger
02-19-2009, 03:56 PM
There's also a rumor that we are interested in Vince Carter.

CIA_Pop
02-19-2009, 03:57 PM
There is a rumor that we didn't make a trade. I bet that one has the best chance of happening.

lebomb
02-19-2009, 04:01 PM
There is also a rumor that there might be rumors.........

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 04:03 PM
If there's no press conference, and no news about a trade, this can only mean the Spurs know that the Pistons and Nets intend to buy out Rasheed and Vince and they've both agreed to join the Spurs.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-19-2009, 04:06 PM
It's over the Spurs did nothing, I think the best bet is for us to hope that the Pacers buy out Rasho....

Agloco
02-19-2009, 04:14 PM
There's also a rumor that we are interested in Vince Carter.

It was more a case of the Nets trying to entice us to take his enormous salary over the next three years. He's due to make 16.1mil, 17.5mil, and 18.3mil (with 4 mil guaranteed) in the next three seasons.

In return the Nets were going to exclude the big three from any trade talk.

My personal opinion is that the Spurs might have pulled this off but Finley put the brakes on it.

crc21209
02-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Well last yr the Kurt Thomas trade wasnt announced till about 5:30 pm or so...

2Cleva
02-19-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm just shocked the OP has a French handle.

timvp
02-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Well last yr the Kurt Thomas trade wasnt announced till about 5:30 pm or so...
Negative. The Kurt Thomas trade was prior to the trade deadline day.

anjlbitz
02-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Someone said something about calling up Pops Mensah-Bonsu. Maybe the Spurs will be short-handed tonight due to a trade?

Spur|n|Austin
02-19-2009, 04:24 PM

owned

Trainwreck2100
02-19-2009, 04:26 PM

in his defense he never said it was on the day of the deadline, just that it was announced at 5:30`

SpursDynasty
02-19-2009, 04:29 PM
IMO we didn't need a trade.

It all comes down to making shots. We're either going to make them or miss them. If we make them, we win the championship. If we miss them, we don't win the championship.

The Lakers didn't get past us because of a lack of bigs....they just made their shots. What happens if those shots don't go in?

crc21209
02-19-2009, 04:38 PM
in his defense he never said it was on the day of the deadline, just that it was announced at 5:30`

Yup, never said it was on trade deadline day lol. Nah I couldnt remember what day it was if it was on the deadline day or not. I just remember it being at 5:30.

Duncan2177
02-19-2009, 04:41 PM
It was more a case of the Nets trying to entice us to take his enormous salary over the next three years. He's due to make 16.1mil, 17.5mil, and 18.3mil (with 4 mil guaranteed) in the next three seasons.

In return the Nets were going to exclude the big three from any trade talk.

My personal opinion is that the Spurs might have pulled this off but Finley put the brakes on it.

If thats the case? Thanks Mikey :flipoff

TDMVPDPOY
02-19-2009, 04:47 PM
FUCK IF all of our trades were nicked cause FINLEY wouldnt agree? fuck that shit you got your ring and doing nothing, earning 2 paychecks, sit the fuck down

Gutter92
02-19-2009, 04:52 PM

It all comes down to making shots. We're either going to make them or miss them. If we make them, we win the championship. If we miss them, we don't win the championship.

The Lakers didn't get past us because of a lack of bigs....they just made their shots. What happens if those shots don't go in?

My god, please tell me this was sarcastic.:lmao

MacGyver
02-19-2009, 06:02 PM

Well said :tu

mexicanjunior
02-19-2009, 06:20 PM

I disagree, I think the Lakers rebounding advantage and overall better athleticism won them that series.

rascal
02-19-2009, 06:25 PM
I disagree, I think the Lakers rebounding advantage and overall better athleticism won them that series.

Exactly. The lakers are a more talented team now. Pop even said it himself. There are still some in denial about it.

Gutter92
02-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I think it was our bench scoring, too.

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2009, 06:33 PM
no..the Lakers clearly won last year due to our offensive droughts..

LA is a more talented team, but their domination over us will CLEARLY depend on Andrew Bynum..if Bynum isn't playing, they're pretty much the same team as last year..Ginobili playing healthier last year cancels out Ariza(and more), and then you throw in Hill, Mason, and the emergence of Bonner..

the Lakers are obviously better than us, but Bynum is the main reason..Bynum+Ariza cancels out all of our talent improvements, so Bynum is clearly the main key here..he gives them the mismatch, he'll give Duncan more trouble defensively, he'll give them the rebounding edge..

Lamar Odom was pretty much a non-factor in last year's series for the most part, other than like 1 game..

if Bynum is playing at 80% or more, they'll beat us 4-1, maybe 4-2 at best..if Bynum is a 100%, they'll sweep us or 4-1..if Bynum isn't playing, they'll be favored, but I believe we would beat them..

you guys are overlooking the impact Bynum had in both games against us this year..he IS the main mismatch..he's the reason we all want another big..

LEONARD
02-20-2009, 12:53 PM

Basketball 101, by Spursdynasty

dumbfuck...

Agloco
02-20-2009, 01:05 PM
no..the Lakers clearly won last year due to our offensive droughts..

LA is a more talented team, but their domination over us will CLEARLY depend on Andrew Bynum..if Bynum isn't playing, they're pretty much the same team as last year..Ginobili playing healthier last year cancels out Ariza(and more), and then you throw in Hill, Mason, and the emergence of Bonner..

the Lakers are obviously better than us, but Bynum is the main reason..Bynum+Ariza cancels out all of our talent improvements, so Bynum is clearly the main key here..he gives them the mismatch, he'll give Duncan more trouble defensively, he'll give them the rebounding edge..

Lamar Odom was pretty much a non-factor in last year's series for the most part, other than like 1 game..

if Bynum is playing at 80% or more, they'll beat us 4-1, maybe 4-2 at best..if Bynum is a 100%, they'll sweep us or 4-1..if Bynum isn't playing, they'll be favored, but I believe we would beat them..

you guys are overlooking the impact Bynum had in both games against us this year..he IS the main mismatch..he's the reason we all want another big..

Hit the nail on the head. You can extend that thought to any of the years the Spurs didn't win. We had extended periods where we went into offensive funks and put too much pressure on our defense. Game 1 against the Lakers last year was a perfect example. Win that one and we are at least coming back to SA for a Game 6.

I won't even mention the non-call Fisher was gifted against Barry in Game 4.....

Win either and it's at least coming back to SA for Game 6. Win both, and the Spurs win in 6.....

The difference this year is that our defense is suspect while our offense might be a bit better. This isn't a situation the Spurs have faced since Timmy came to town.

Clearly the Spurs need to shore up the D if they want a chance at a ring.