PDA

View Full Version : The Holting Pattern™ continues...

Marcus Bryant
02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Thought I'd save Ghost the trouble.

:cooldevil

Twisted_Dawg
02-19-2009, 04:18 PM
You Trademarked that.......nice.

timvp
02-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Wonder how many trades Holt nixed . . .

Marcus Bryant
02-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Carter
Jefferson
Miller
?

Marcus Bryant
02-19-2009, 04:24 PM
'The numbers just didn't work out'....

Twisted_Dawg
02-19-2009, 04:25 PM
He certainly didn't nix the Scola trade.

ducks
02-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Wonder how many trades Holt nixed . . .

yeah he has alot of say in 20%:lol:lol:lol

baseline bum
02-19-2009, 04:30 PM
About the only positive spin I can think of is maybe Manu's injury isn't as bad as suspected after getting the MRI done.

timvp
02-19-2009, 04:31 PM
About the only positive spin I can think of is maybe Manu's injury isn't as bad as suspected after getting the MRI done.

Hopefully :tu

MoSpur
02-19-2009, 04:39 PM
I am sure we would have heard something if a trade went down, right?

xtremesteven33
02-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Damnit i still cant belive hes that injured.....It doesnt make sense!!!!

urunobili
02-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Damnit i still cant belive hes that injured.....It doesnt make sense!!!!

nothing makes sense dude... :wakeup

Walton Buys Off Me
02-19-2009, 05:11 PM
I don't know what I'm more concerned about;

1. The Spurs penchant for hanging their season on the health of the least durable guard in the NBA next to Gilbert Arenas.

or...

2. The Spurs inability to acquire a big man to assist Duncan against the Lakers. If Andrew Bynum can't play come May, the Spurs are very likely one serviceable big man away from winning their fifth title but the FO couldn't get anything done.

Either way, I'm not impressed.

With or without Bynum, the Lakers aren't pushed more than 6 games by this team. I also find it interesting that Gregg Popovich was quoted during the recent Boston game that "the team as currently constructed cannot win a seven game series over LA, Boston or Cleveland". Yet we do absolutely nothing to rectify the glaring hole in the middle.

Even if we miraculously hold Kobe to 40% shooting, the likes of Gasol, Odum, Ariza (and Bynum) will eat us up on the boards.

Spurs get at best a D- in my book for doing squat to acquire the only missing piece standing in their way to a title. Quite frustrating.

TDMVPDPOY
02-19-2009, 05:13 PM
i wonder if they tried throwing in splitters rights into it????

Matches Malone
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
i don't know what i'm more concerned about;

1. Walton buys off me unnerving and shitty attitude about everything the fo does (no matter if it brought us 4 titles) and his uttermost disrespect for some of the players that have spilled night in and night out their guts for the team.

Or...

2. Walton buys off me uncanny ability for stating the obvious.

Either way, everyone here is not impressed (neither care).

With or without your smart-ass comments, this forum still have a concerned and loyal fanbase. Loyal to the team, its players, and the institution.

You are beyond ratings, dude. There nothing out there, fair enough to qualify how little value you add to this forum. Please go away. You are not even amusing for a troll.

fixed

The Truth #6
02-19-2009, 07:53 PM
fixed

What he wrote might be annoying but it's not exactly wrong.

rascal
02-19-2009, 08:07 PM

No doubt Walton was right on. The truth is too much for some here to handle.

tlongII
02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Some of the Spurs homers here crack me up. It's as if it's a sin to criticize your own team. Ridiculous.

Matches Malone
02-20-2009, 12:22 AM

Nobody said it was wrong. As I stated, he just sates what is obvious, he repeats what everyone has asked during the last two month: "Get a big".
If you guys would stop the bitching for a sec and look to the other teams, you would see another obvious fact that he omitted: there has not been a single blockbuster trade, not even a single one that clearly improves any team. It was either scrubs for picks or fillers for guys that went down. So...what does it tell us, boys?. That recession and risk adversity has finally spilled over the NBA. In a market where nobody is willing to be at the loosing end of trade, you can bet that nobody will be at the winning end of it either. Basic economics.
That is what it pisses me about Walton Buy Off Me: not only he states the obvious, but also he cries and bitches about the "stand pat" on a market that will not allow anyone to do otherwise. Zero value added.
I sincerely would ask anyone to assure me that the Spurs FO has not done anything in its power to get us a big. Some of you, smarter than me or with better sources can disprove me, but for sure I am disappointed to see Spurs fans to react like this before thinking.
These are my two cents. If anyone got butt hurt with my ranting...my sincere apologies.
After all, we are all brothers in arms looking for the best for our team.

BTW, Tlong...go a fetch bone, boy.
:flag:

Holt's Cat
02-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Well, they apparently took a shot at a big who makes plenty of sense defensively. We don't know how much they tried to sweeten the pot. Frankly I'd be willing to part with more than was reportedly offered to the Clips for Camby.

The San Antonio Spurs are 19th in the NBA in opponents' FG shooting percentage. That is absolutely disgusting. 20th in rebounding. 24th in blocked shots.

They're winning games thanks to the fact that their offense is pretty damn efficient, as they are 7th in FG% and 2nd in 3pt FG%.

Russ
02-20-2009, 02:49 AM
The Spurs are snakebit in their quest for a 2d big. Everything they seem to do right in all other areas, they seem to do wrong in this one.

Splitter, Scola, Mahinmi -- if any one of them had panned out, the Spurs would be on the cusp of a title. But whatever could go wrong, did.

That sinking feeling the night that Splitter slipped away (along with the Lakers series) has never left.

But enough of this exuberant optimism. :bang

holcs50
02-20-2009, 03:09 AM
I don't know what I'm more concerned about;

1. The Spurs penchant for hanging their season on the health of the least durable guard in the NBA next to Gilbert Arenas.

or...

2. The Spurs inability to acquire a big man to assist Duncan against the Lakers. If Andrew Bynum can't play come May, the Spurs are very likely one serviceable big man away from winning their fifth title but the FO couldn't get anything done.

Either way, I'm not impressed.

With or without Bynum, the Lakers aren't pushed more than 6 games by this team. I also find it interesting that Gregg Popovich was quoted during the recent Boston game that "the team as currently constructed cannot win a seven game series over LA, Boston or Cleveland". Yet we do absolutely nothing to rectify the glaring hole in the middle.

Even if we miraculously hold Kobe to 40% shooting, the likes of Gasol, Odum, Ariza (and Bynum) will eat us up on the boards.

Spurs get at best a D- in my book for doing squat to acquire the only missing piece standing in their way to a title. Quite frustrating.

Nicely put-completely the truth. Though many of us already know these things. No way this team can beat the lakers and i hate the fuckin lakers. Not pessimistic just being realistic. Lakes are a year more experienced with pau, ariza is a big body and very good, odom is playing well and we dont have another big guy that can hang with him, they have youth, and blahhhh-puke kobe-fuck u. Really the spurs arent athletic/young enough, deep enough, or tall enough to hang right now....even if they dont have byum! Pains me to say all this but its the truth. Not particularly pointing fingers just making observations. I mean what team can use a bench of oberto-kt-bowen-hairston-finley, etc. and be halfway decent? Thats a straight up awful bench and i give our team props for being as good as they are. Ive never seen a weaker group of big guys to help poor TD, we're just going to get smothered in playoffs on boards.

50Bestspurever
02-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Some of the Spurs homers here crack me up. It's as if it's a sin to criticize your own team. Ridiculous.

A sin to criticize? Well I can see critcizing the spurs if they have been a joke of a franchise...ie jailblazers, bowie over jordan or that they haven't won a championship since 1977. But damn, when you are freaking dynasty:lobt2: and you can see the big picture, it is a sin to criticize.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-20-2009, 03:17 AM
A sin to criticize? Well I can see critcizing the spurs if they have been a joke of a franchise...ie jailblazers, bowie over jordan or that they haven't won a championship since 1977. But damn, when you are freaking dynasty:lobt2: and you can see the big picture, it is a sin to criticize.

Bravo. :lmao few people have been owned more often than Thong.

Capt Bringdown
02-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Ive never seen a weaker group of big guys to help poor TD, we're just going to get smothered in playoffs on boards.

They are a poor bunch, yet we are (or should I say were) so close to the tipping point - all's we need is a semi-functioning big to at least have a chance of beating the Lakers.

Oberto doesn't belong in the league, he's without doubt one of the worst players to ever don the sacred black and silver. It's hard to believe we can't find someone better than him. The dude makes Billy Paultz look like Wilt Chamberlain.