PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo: No Camby for Spurs

jiggy_55
02-19-2009, 04:29 PM
No Camby for Spurs

The San Antonio Spurs have been unable to pry Marcus Camby from the Los Angeles Clippers, a Western Conference official said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnHvKGUY9WT.J8TpFNMLQ1W8vLYF?slug=ys-tradebuzz021909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Wow...

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
02-19-2009, 04:29 PM
hmmph

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 04:30 PM
I believe by now we all recognize that the Spurs weren't able to pry anyone away from anybody.

timvp
02-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Interesting. At least the Spurs were after a big.

PDXSpursFan
02-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow.. finally some breaking news!!! :rolleyes

nkdlunch
LOL at ppl actually beleiving Spurs were gonna pull out a big trade today

Be realistic. these are the Spurs. I am content with them coming out and saying Manu won't be out for good.

jiggy_55
I believe by now we all recognize that the Spurs weren't able to pry anyone away from anybody.

Ya well nobody knew that we had tried to pick him up!

xtremesteven33
02-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Salt on the wound.

urunobili
02-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Be realistic. these are the Spurs. I am content with them coming out and saying Manu won't be out for good.

:tu

SenorSpur
02-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Rasho or Mikki. Take your pick at the leftover bin.

Thomas82
02-19-2009, 04:33 PM
No Camby for Spurs

The San Antonio Spurs have been unable to pry Marcus Camby from the Los Angeles Clippers, a Western Conference official said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnHvKGUY9WT.J8TpFNMLQ1W8vLYF?slug=ys-tradebuzz021909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Wow...

Why didn't we just get him last summer when there was all this talk about him coming here?

nkdlunch
02-19-2009, 04:34 PM
I take Mikki

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Why didn't we just get him last summer when there was all this talk about him coming here?

Because we didn't have what Denver wanted. Cap space so that we could take on his big contract without having to send any salary back in return.

timvp
Rasho for nobody > trading for Joe Smith or Wilcox.

Shastafarian
I don't get it. Have the Pacers made it clear they're going to buy him out?

jiggy_55
02-19-2009, 04:38 PM

Isn't it likely that Joe Smith is waived? I'd rather have him if he's waived than the other 2 options.

xtremesteven33
Rasho over Joe Smith any day.....twice on sunday

urunobili
Pops>Rasho>Moore

Texas_Ranger
02-19-2009, 04:39 PM
rasho over joe smith any day.....twice on sunday

+1

Agloco
No Camby for Spurs

Wow...

:depressed

objective
stiff for stiff, Rasho knows the system. Joe Smith doesn't.

pad300
02-19-2009, 04:40 PM

Agreed

I don't get it. Have the Pacers made it clear they're going to buy him out?

Nope, but hope springs eternal. In all honesty, if Rasho's vaguely reasonable (ie. taking less than full value of his contract, roughly by the pro-rated vet min), it makes sense for both the Pacers and Rasho. Pacers save some money, might take a look at some D-league youngsters, get more ping-pong balls, Loose a guy who was a UFA anyways... Rasho, still gets his money, and gets to pick another championship shot. It seems pretty likely to me that a deal gets done.

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Pops>Rasho>Moore

:lol Come on. At least Rasho and Moore have proven they are NBA players. Not only has Pops not done that, he hasn't even found anyone believing he's worth the chance.

Agloco
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
This would be the more important story on that page......

Source: Ginobili injury not season-ending

The San Antonio Spurs’ delay to release any specific information about Manu Ginobili’s right ankle injury has led some opposing GMs to speculate that the injury could be serious. Delaying the announcement until after the Thursday trade deadline would help keep the Spurs from losing any leverage in their ongoing talks.

One Spurs source said the team is still waiting on additional test results. When asked whether the injury was potentially season-ending, he said, “No, not at all.”

Spurs officials publicly announced only that Ginobili won’t join them on their road trip.

Ginobili injured his left ankle in last season’s playoffs and underwent surgery in August. The injury to his right ankle, while still potentially significant, is not believed to be as serious as his previous injury.

In addition to their failed pursuit of John Salmons, the Spurs expressed interest in the Nets’ Carter and the Bucks’ Jefferson. One Western Conference executive acknowledged they have little chance of landing Jefferson.

Bruce Bowen has been offered in nearly every trade discussion because he’s guaranteed only $2 million next season. Center Fabricio Oberto also has a partial guarantee of $1.9 million next season.

The Spurs didn’t announce Ginobili’s absence on their trip until Monday, when they were already in New York. Though Ginobili scored 32 points in a loss to the Toronto Raptors, the Spurs’ final game before the All-Star break, team officials say he had been experiencing pain in his right ankle for a while.

stxspurs
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Rasho or Mikki. Take your pick at the leftover bin.

i pick Pops:flag:

jiggy_55
02-19-2009, 04:51 PM
This would be the more important story on that page......

Source: Ginobili injury not season-ending

The San Antonio Spurs’ delay to release any specific information about Manu Ginobili’s right ankle injury has led some opposing GMs to speculate that the injury could be serious. Delaying the announcement until after the Thursday trade deadline would help keep the Spurs from losing any leverage in their ongoing talks.

One Spurs source said the team is still waiting on additional test results. When asked whether the injury was potentially season-ending, he said, “No, not at all.”

Spurs officials publicly announced only that Ginobili won’t join them on their road trip.

Ginobili injured his left ankle in last season’s playoffs and underwent surgery in August. The injury to his right ankle, while still potentially significant, is not believed to be as serious as his previous injury.

In addition to their failed pursuit of John Salmons, the Spurs expressed interest in the Nets’ Carter and the Bucks’ Jefferson. One Western Conference executive acknowledged they have little chance of landing Jefferson.

Bruce Bowen has been offered in nearly every trade discussion because he’s guaranteed only $2 million next season. Center Fabricio Oberto also has a partial guarantee of $1.9 million next season.

The Spurs didn’t announce Ginobili’s absence on their trip until Monday, when they were already in New York. Though Ginobili scored 32 points in a loss to the Toronto Raptors, the Spurs’ final game before the All-Star break, team officials say he had been experiencing pain in his right ankle for a while.

This is a few days old now.

Agloco
02-19-2009, 04:59 PM
This is a few days old now.

LOL my bad. Didn't look at the date.

EricB
02-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Would've been great had they been able to pull it off.

Mugen
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
im guessing the clipps asked for georgie which was the deal breaker.

Thomas82
02-19-2009, 05:40 PM

I'm thinking the Clippers didn't want to trade Marcus Camby at all.

mudyez
02-19-2009, 05:47 PM
do you really think the spurs were interested? camby's contract is hughe and I don't see the spurs going over the cap even if it would garantee them a championship!

Ocotillo
02-19-2009, 06:16 PM
In the history of the NBA, have the Spurs ever been able to consummate a deal with the Clippers? Or even sign a former Clip free agent?

I didn't think so. :depressed

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 06:17 PM
In the history of the NBA, have the Spurs ever been able to consummate a deal with the Clippers? Or even sign a former Clip free agent?

I didn't think so. :depressed

Derek Anderson

Mr. Body
02-19-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't think LAC wanted to trade Camby in the first place.

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Most of what I read had the Clippers trying to move Kaman & Davis.

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2009, 06:41 PM
wasn't Camby untouchable? I heard that the Clippers were looking to trade everybody except Camby and Gordon..

mystargtr34
02-19-2009, 06:45 PM
I dont see why the Clippers view him as an untouchable. Why pay a guy $13M for a lottery team. Heck why have $80M in payroll for a lottery, injury prone team. Instead of taking on ridiuclous overvalued contracts every second year hoping to luck out again like they did in 2005 - they should trade away all of their big contracts and rebuild through the draft. They might get somewhere.

Russ
02-19-2009, 06:48 PM
The Clippers needed Camby for their stretch run.

DPG21920
02-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Look the good news is Manu is not done for the year. If he can be fully healthy (doesn't that sound like a broken record) then we have added Mason + Hill and that makes us better than last year. Add to that the step up in Bonner's play along with KT then you have to like the Spurs chances better than last year.

Unless everyone was blowing smoke, many around here have stated that a hobbled Manu was the only difference last year against the Lakers. If we have him healthy + all the additions I mentioned, don't you have to like the chances? Or did Bynum + Ariza more than off set that?

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 06:53 PM
I dont see why the Clippers view him as an untouchable. Why pay a guy $13M for a lottery team. Heck why have $80M in payroll for a lottery, injury prone team. Instead of taking on ridiuclous overvalued contracts every second year hoping to luck out again like they did in 2005 - they should trade away all of their big contracts and rebuild through the draft. They might get somewhere.

It's always dangerous to try to apply logic to the Clippers and their line of thinking. But my guess is that they wanted to keep Camby because they're pretty much committed to Zach Randolph long term and Camby's defense is a better match to go along with Randolph's complete lack thereof.

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Look the good news is Manu is not done for the year. If he can be fully healthy (doesn't that sound like a broken record) then we have added Mason + Hill and that makes us better than last year. Add to that the step up in Bonner's play along with KT then you have to like the Spurs chances better than last year.

Unless everyone was blowing smoke, many around here have stated that a hobbled Manu was the only difference last year against the Lakers. If we have him healthy + all the additions I mentioned, don't you have to like the chances? Or did Bynum + Ariza more than off set that?

Bynum AND Ariza definitely off-set it..but we'll have to see about Bynum..

Ariza alone off-sets Mason..

Ocotillo
02-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Derek Anderson

Good catch.

DPG21920
02-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Bynum AND Ariza definitely off-set it..but we'll have to see about Bynum..

Ariza alone off-sets Mason..

So Ariza >or= Manu?

coyotes_geek
02-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Good catch.

Knowing how that who situation ended up I can understand wanting to forget that he was ever here. :toast

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2009, 07:03 PM
So Ariza >or= Manu?

I'd say a healthy Manu easily off-sets Ariza..Manu torched him in the 1st game..he didn't play well in the 2nd game, but Kobe was covering him..

Ariza's good, but he doesn't make a huge difference for me..it's Bynum that makes a HUGE difference against us..he's the only reason we need another big..he's a huge mismatch..

if Bynum isn't playing, I don't mind Bonner or whoever guarding Lamar Odom..we didn't have a problem with it last year..Odom doesn't create his own offense well, other than one stretch every year..

Bynum forces us to play Bonner against Gasol, which is the main problem here..

healthy Manu>addition of Ariza..
healthy Manu, George Hill, Roger Mason, emergence of Bonner>>>>>>Ariza..
healthy Manu, Hill, Mason, Bonner=Bynum+Ariza..

Baseline
02-19-2009, 07:14 PM
If we're healthy, we can beat the Lakers with our present team. i think we would have beaten them last year if Manu were healthy.

However, we will have to play really well to do so because we're so thin in the paint.

Getting Rasho would help. Getting Camby would have made us the favorites. Getting Sheed would have made us the favorites as well.

Thomas82
02-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Knowing how that who situation ended up I can understand wanting to forget that he was ever here. :toast

He was one of those that didn't realize how good he had it here, and thought the grass was greener on the other side.

baseline bum
02-19-2009, 08:52 PM
So is it Horry or bust now? :lol

Manufan909
02-19-2009, 09:21 PM
So what are the odds of Sheed coming over in the summer, 75%?

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't see ANY younger teams signing 'Sheed, so I think it'll come down to teams like the Spurs and Celtics going for him..I think we definitely have a realistic shot..

SenorSpur
02-19-2009, 10:10 PM

I'm not in agreement. Manu's injury, while extremely significant to the Spurs playoff success, was not the only reason the Spurs couldn't compete with the Fakers in the playoffs. Truth is, the Spurs couldn't generate enough offense and were virtually, outquicked, outrebounded and outhustled during the entire series. That is what almost got them beat versus the Hornets. Furthermore, the frontline was completely overmatched, despite TD's brilliance. Many times he was going 2-against-1 on both ends of the court. Duncan's margin for error was very slim. He was forced to play flawless offense, yet stay out of foul trouble on defense. KT and Oberto provided little because they were simply overmatched from a size and skill perspective.

The Spurs new additions (Mason, Hill and the emergence of Bonner into the starting lineup) will help greatly. However the frontline is still challenged to matchup with the depth of the Fakers bigs. And if Bynum returns for the playoffs, that will only compounds the problem. Over the offseason, I had such high hopes of the Spurs adding 2 new bigs this season (Ian and Splitter).

Unless the Spurs can pull Rasho, Mikki or some other big out of the ass, it's very likely they'll head into the playoffs with virtually the same frontline rotation (sans Horry).

Thomas82
02-19-2009, 11:19 PM

Come to find out, for some reason the trade fell apart just before deadline. I wish I knew why, but anyway, the Spurs put an offer on the table of Bruce Bowen, Fabricio Oberto, and George Hill for Marcus Camby. I guess the Clippers are happy with an overpaid team with a logjam of big men.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/02/spurs-had-close.html

Spork KIller
02-19-2009, 11:31 PM
No Camby for Spurs

Wow...

hahahahahaha

Just die already...hey where is "Sheed" and Vince?

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
02-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Ur such a fool! Fuck off already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Puro san anto 210!