PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to say that the Spurs didn't make any trades??

MateoNeygro
02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Whatever the reason is it safe to say the Spurs couldn't get a deal done?? Is there still trades being approved or is it a done deal??

timvp
02-19-2009, 05:04 PM
No trade.

MarHill
02-19-2009, 05:06 PM
no trade.

+1

MateoNeygro
02-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Son of a bitch. I like our team if they are healthy. But I always get excited about new players. Oh well.

SpursDynasty
02-19-2009, 05:07 PM
We don't need a trade. Just make our shots. End of story.

BlackSwordsMan
02-19-2009, 05:08 PM
hope manu's ''sore'' ankle is healthy by playoffs

MateoNeygro
02-19-2009, 05:08 PM
I didn't say we needed one. I just kinda wanted a new big man I could be excited about playing alongside Tim.

TDMVPDPOY
02-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Son of a bitch. I like our team if they are healthy. But I always get excited about new players. Oh well.

we can hang around with most teams.....but i think we are still missing 1 piece to become a championship team again.....

i seriously want pop to go back to that rotation early in the season with mason, hill getting alot of minutes.....their contribution from the bench is more important cause we lack bench production....

rascal
02-19-2009, 05:10 PM
No trade then forget about a title this year. Not happening with the roster as it is. Not getting past the Lakers who have proven to be the better team since they got Gasol.

The spurs are the no trade franchise.

MateoNeygro
02-19-2009, 05:14 PM
But didn't ya'll think the Spurs could win with a worse team last year?? I mean if Manu is healthy I think we have a chance against the Lakers in the Playoffs, another Big man would definently help. But I refuse to believe the Lakers would run through us again this year if Manu is healthy and Roger and Hill playing well.

Spursmania
02-19-2009, 05:17 PM
We needed a big and this season is over once we reach (if we reach) the conference finals. Tim's time is limited and we should have traded for a big. We'll be rooting our hardest for the Spurs but the Lakers are hungry and they have the talent and depth to knock us out again especially if Manu's ankle is frail. Oh well...here's to next year and the 2010 free agency.

xellos88330
02-19-2009, 05:20 PM
I don't care. I had my hopes up, but the Spurs have beaten the Lakers and Celtics without a trade. I can't wait for the playoffs.

Death In June
02-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Eh, we'll get an age 36 rasheed wallace next year (maybe), pass up on ron artest, and lose out on all the big name FA's in 2010 due to nearly every team clearing as much cap space as we have. Our front office has been pretty mediocre since finding Ginobli and Parker.

Chomag
02-19-2009, 05:23 PM
But didn't ya'll think the Spurs could win with a worse team last year?? I mean if Manu is healthy I think we have a chance against the Lakers in the Playoffs, another Big man would definently help. But I refuse to believe the Lakers would run through us again this year if Manu is healthy and Roger and Hill playing well.

I'm just worried about Timmy having to do all the dirty work and hold the lane all by his lonesom again. The Layup drill by New York last game didnt help me think any different.

mexicanjunior
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
But didn't ya'll think the Spurs could win with a worse team last year??

I thought they had a shot considering the Lakers were definitely without Bynum and had a somewhat healthy Ginoboli going in. Now, even without Bynum, the Lakers are a better team than last year and Ginoboli seems to not be able to fully recover from his ankle/leg problems. I would be suprised if this team is able to hold onto having homecourt in the first round and make it out. Duncan and Parker will be worn ragged by the end of the year and tanking games (like Denver) should not be an option...

ManuTP9
02-19-2009, 06:06 PM
i don't care. I had my hopes up, but the spurs have beaten the lakers and celtics without a trade. I can't wait for the playoffs.

+1

Allanon
02-19-2009, 06:10 PM
The Bynum-less Lakers are improved over last year. But the Spurs as is could beat the Lakers as is in the Playoffs. Maybe 40% chance.

But if Bynum is back and the Lakers have HCA, the Spurs would be lucky not to get swept.

I'm disappointed the Spurs didn't pick up a Big. Maybe Pops is the get out jail card.

SpursDynasty
02-19-2009, 06:11 PM
We got bigs. KT and Fabricio.