PDA

View Full Version : why are Spurs fans so spoiled?

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2009, 07:14 PM
honestly..some of you embarrass me as a Spurs fan..

we have 4 titles since 1999..we're a West contender EVERY year..even in the years where we don't win titles, we have fluky finishes like 0.4 and the Manu foul..

fucking spoiled..only 8 franchises have won a title since 1980, and we have 4 of those titles..

the Suns have been in the NBA for 41 years, and they have 0 titles..the Jazz have 0 titles in 35 years..the Clippers and Cavs have been in the NBA for 39 years and have nothing..Denver has been in the NBA for 42 and nothing..

we have 4 in the last 10 years..we've never been eliminated in the 1st round with Duncan..

all this, and people cry and cry about our FO..there's a reason we can't make moves, WE DON'T HAVE THE ASSETS..why don't we have the assets? because we're ALWAYS an elite team..you can't expect to be both..the Lakers had to miss the playoffs and get eliminated twice in the 1st round, before they became relevant again..

Boston was irrelevant for years, until they got enough assets to make significant trades..Cleveland was nothing for years..

stop being spoiled..

BREAKING NEWS: you can't win the title every year..

Sigz
02-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Because I'm an American.

Ditty
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
because i want to beat some non scence into laker fans to only remind them the reason why there good is because of the market not cuz there a better team

FUCK LA

and plus this is the every other year so we got to keep this streak going

mytespurs
02-19-2009, 07:19 PM

we have 4 titles since 1999..we're a West contender EVERY year..even in the years where we don't win titles, we have fluky finishes like 0.4 and the Manu foul..

fucking spoiled..only 8 franchises have won a title since 1980, and we have 4 of those titles..

the Suns have been in the NBA for 41 years, and they have 0 titles..the Jazz have 0 titles in 35 years..the Clippers and Cavs have been in the NBA for 39 years and have nothing..Denver has been in the NBA for 42 and nothing..

we have 4 in the last 10 years..we've never been eliminated in the 1st round with Duncan..

all this, and people cry and cry about our FO..there's a reason we can't make moves, WE DON'T HAVE THE ASSETS..why don't we have the assets? because we're ALWAYS an elite team..you can't expect to be both..the Lakers had to miss the playoffs and get eliminated twice in the 1st round, before they became relevant again..

Boston was irrelevant for years, until they got enough assets to make significant trades..Cleveland was nothing for years..

stop being spoiled..

Well said! Manu's absence will hurt but the Spurs will soldier through....they have championship pedigree though that may not be enough in the end...still....they won't give up! And neither should we....though it's going to be painful. :)

InK
02-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Because whinning got us the 4 titles in the first place, duh.

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2009, 07:21 PM
we all want to beat the Lakers..but you have to look at what they went through..they were an irrelevant team from 2004-2005, until last season..they had to go through their bumps as well..they went through a non-winning stretch from the post-Magic era until the Phil Jackson/Shaq era began..

Laker fans just like to talk, ignore them..

Holt's Cat
02-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Funny, I've seen this thread before.

Holt's Cat
02-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Actually, I think I wrote one of these once upon a time. Anyways, here's the newsflash: now is the time to win more titles. The probability the Spurs win another Larry O'Brien varies inversely with Timothy Duncan's age over time.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Yup, so many spoiled brats who think that the Spurs are ENTITLED (by some Divine Right? Manifest Destiny perhaps?) to win every game by 25pts and trade dross for superstars, just because that's what they want.

Memo to aforementioned brats - the real world doesn't work that way. Wake up.

Also, by totally ignoring basic tenets of the Spurs' philosophy (patience, persistence, loyalty, honour), you show yourselves to be the BANDWAGON BIACTHES you are.

Nut the fuck up.

:ihit

Holt's Cat
02-19-2009, 07:26 PM
The Spurs' philosophy is if they put one of yours in the hospital, you put one of theirs in the morgue. I'm not sure where you got that bullshit from.

Muser
02-19-2009, 07:33 PM

stop being spoiled..

Plus 1 to that.

Seriously though, I don't see why all of this hate stems between the Lakers and Spurs fans, they have a better chance of winning it this year than we do, but why do we always act classless with quotes like "fuck the lakers" etc. May the best team on the night win I say.

Adding to

Muser

stop being spoiled..

Plus 1 to that.

Seriously though, I don't see why all of this hate stems between the Lakers and Spurs fans, they have a better chance of winning it this year than we do, but why do we always act classless with quotes like "fuck the lakers" etc. May the best team on the night win I say.

Adding to what

Muser

stop being spoiled..

Plus 1 to that.

Adding to what the OP said we have 2 all star players, and 1 high calibre (If not injury prone lately) player, along with one of the best defensive players to every play Basketball and some good role players. You can't expect to land superstars like Vince Carter without some major money issues.

Muser
02-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Sorry for the major quad post :bang

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-19-2009, 07:36 PM
The Spurs' philosophy is if they put one of yours in the hospital, you put one of theirs in the morgue. I'm not sure where you got that bullshit from.

Sure, that's another part of their philosophy, but given the Jacob Riis quote in the hall outside the locker room, and the way the team plays, they value patience and persistence very highly, loyalty is obvious (you don't last on the Spurs if you are not all about the team), as is honour (given the way the team reacts to scandal).

Jayem3
02-19-2009, 07:39 PM
we all want to beat the Lakers..but you have to look at what they went through..they were an irrelevant team from 2004-2005, until last season..they had to go through their bumps as well..they went through a non-winning stretch from the post-Magic era until the Phil Jackson/Shaq era began..

Laker fans just like to talk, ignore them..lakers were irrelevant during those years because they didn't have shit for a roster..after their 3 peat they lost shaq..etc, and it was basically kobe on a d-league team

OUR CORE HAS BEEN THE SAME SINCE 03..THERES NO REASON FOR US TO ONLY HAVE 3 rings since then. NO EXCUSE. WHY DID WE LET SJAX GO?? SCOLA?? WHY DIDN"T WE SIGN ANOTHER MAJOR PLAYER?? duncan should have atleast 6 rings by now. the reality is the spurs organization has done a real shity job. holt is cheap as fuck. all the other REAL contenders are making moves...celtics, lakers, cavs, magic.. while we turn down vince carter. theres no way in hell our roster can compete with these other teams and deep down ALL YOU KNOW IT!

another failed year.

EricB
02-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm such a gigantic loser that I've created 3 different screen names to post my bullshit rants. BECAUSE I've been banned for being an ass clown.

Yeah, sad I know.

Jayem3
02-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah spurs can't compete, sad I know.glad you agree.

EricB
02-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I continue to troll and have no real point in life other than being everyone's personl bitch.

Hmmm. Sorry to hear that.

Holt's Cat
02-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Sure, that's another part of their philosophy, but given the Jacob Riis quote in the hall outside the locker room, and the way the team plays, they value patience and persistence very highly, loyalty is obvious (you don't last on the Spurs if you are not all about the team), as is honour (given the way the team reacts to scandal).

Their PR people came up with that stuff.

ElNono
02-19-2009, 07:43 PM

How about every other year?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-19-2009, 07:47 PM
lakers were irrelevant during those years because they didn't have shit for a roster..after their 3 peat they lost shaq..etc, and it was basically kobe on a d-league team

OUR CORE HAS BEEN THE SAME SINCE 03..THERES NO REASON FOR US TO ONLY HAVE 3 rings since then. NO EXCUSE. WHY DID WE LET SJAX GO?? SCOLA?? WHY DIDN"T WE SIGN ANOTHER MAJOR PLAYER?? duncan should have atleast 6 rings by now. the reality is the spurs organization has done a real shity job. holt is cheap as fuck. all the other REAL contenders are making moves...celtics, lakers, cavs, magic.. while we turn down vince carter. theres no way in hell our roster can compete with these other teams and deep down ALL YOU KNOW IT!

another failed year.

Failed IN FEBRUARY. Moron. We didn't look like winning the title in Feb 2007 either. I really wish you'd STFU and leave since you've already thrown in the white towel.

SJax got offered more money than we could pay him. Scola has been re-hashed to death - the plan was for Splitter, couldn't afford both, had to move Scola. No-one could've predicted the tanking dollar at the time. We haven't signed another "major player" because we already have 3 major players taking up much of our available salary. In your world there is obviously no salary cap or CBA.

Celtics - what move? Lakers - what move? Cavs - what move? They haven't made any at the deadline. Magic acquired Alston only because Nelson went down, otherwise they would have done nothing too.

"Duncan should have at least 6 rings"... hahahahahaha, in fairy tale land where the world isn't real and nothing ever goes wrong. He's come very close to 6, and actually gotten 4, and you're still not satisfied?

I don't call for banning, but can we please ban this clown?

Allanon
02-19-2009, 07:47 PM

2006 was pretty irrelevant too. Even diehard fans knew the Lakers weren't winning Jack.

A pretty massive low after the good times during the 3peat.

Galileo
02-19-2009, 07:49 PM
..there's a reason we can't make moves, WE DON'T HAVE THE ASSETS..why don't we have the assets? because we're ALWAYS an elite team..you can't expect to be both..

That's a good point. We have had only ONE lottery pick in the past 20 years; Tim Duncan.

The average NBA team has had 10 lottery picks in that span.

Bartleby
02-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Failed IN FEBRUARY. Moron. We didn't look like winning the title in Feb 2007 either. I really wish you'd STFU and leave since you've already thrown in the white towel.

Too bad he doesn't stay banned.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Their PR people came up with that stuff.

Bullshit. You can't refute what I said so you come up with that nonsense.

You don't think the Spurs are the epitome of patience and persistence? That's exactly how they have always played - keep grinding away until the other guy gives in. You don't think that's what Pop is all about? GTFO.

Loyalty - when your Big 3 take less money to stay, and most players who retire from the team say it's the best locker room they've ever been in because the Spurs put team and winning first above all, I think loyalty is pretty obvious.

SpursPreacher
02-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Its not spoiled at times.Its some are ungrateful I promise nearly ever team give up their very souls for what the spurs have done in duncan era and in winning 4 titles.I bet the suns and mavs fans would love to trade places with spurs fans right now.

angelbelow
02-19-2009, 07:57 PM
lakers were irrelevant during those years because they didn't have shit for a roster..after their 3 peat they lost shaq..etc, and it was basically kobe on a d-league team

another failed year.

who the fuck keeps shittng out these pieces of shit.

SpursPreacher
02-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Some people I guess are never satisfied either.

ManuTP9
02-19-2009, 08:00 PM
you said it

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2009, 08:07 PM
here's the thing that annoys me..

the Lakers had to get in the lottery to get Andrew Bynum, a guy that will be their franchise player..they had a dynasty, they went through a few years of misery, and now they're back on top..the Lakers had to collect assets(draft picks, expiring contracts) so they could pull off the Gasol trade..it wasn't a lopsided trade like a lot of people think, the Lakers had to give up a lot of their collected assets for him..

why do you guys think the Lakers talent level was gone in 2002-2003? it was Shaq and Kobe, a few good role player, and then a bunch of over the hill veterans..you can't be an elite team and stay on top forever..

it's actually impressive as hell that we've managed to do this for this long..even this year, we're expected to make the conference finals..

the Celtics were NOTHING after Bird, up until last year..they made it far in the worst Eastern conference ever, so that's kind of irrelevant..do you guys realize how long it took them to reach this level? they had to get a stud like Al Jefferson in the draft, and get a superstar like KG for him..they had to get high draft picks to get Ray Allen..

if the Spurs want a player like that, we'll most likely have to miss the playoffs, just like other teams..but what would happen if the Spurs missed the playoffs? this forum would collapse..a lot of people here always want us to "tank", but can you imagine the reactions on this forum? we'd have "Duncan is useless" threads, "everything is wasted" threads..

you can't have it both ways..you can't be an elite team every year, but somehow manage to acquire great assets at the same time..it doesn't work that way..

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2009, 08:11 PM
even adding to that..

the front office is STILL getting gems..

drafting George Hill, a guy nobody has heard of, at 26? great move..getting Mason as a steal? great move..

not acquiring a big man wasn't the plan..we have a big man prospect, it's not the front office's fault that he's been hurt..this was obviously supposed to be the year that Ian cracked the rotation..

it's not like we didn't draft big men..we went after Scola and Splitter, it just didn't work out..

DeadlyDynasty
02-19-2009, 08:24 PM

Laker fans just like to talk, ignore them..

and SA was irrelevant before 1999, and from 2000-2002:rolleyes

Biggems
02-19-2009, 08:30 PM

stop being spoiled..

i like your passion, but your facts are wrong.

Denver hasn't been in the NBA for 42 years. They joined the NBA the same year as the Spurs, Nets, and Pacers, about 35-36 years ago. The Nuggets are the only former ABA team to not yet make the NBA Finals. The Spurs are the only former ABA team to win an NBA Championship.

mabrignani
02-19-2009, 08:36 PM

isnt that the hope of every year? is it wrong to think that you have a chance to win it every year? i would think as a true spurs fan you would hope that would happen every year.

TampaDude
02-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Every year since 2003, either the Spurs have won it all, or the team that eliminated the Spurs in the playoffs has gone on to the Finals, only to get humiliated by the Eastern Conference Champion. Look it up. It's the "Spurs Curse". :lol

mabrignani
02-19-2009, 08:54 PM
the originator of this thread seems to be a bandwagon fan

TampaDude
02-19-2009, 08:55 PM
It's 2009...odd year...Spurs got the :lobt:

mabrignani
02-19-2009, 09:02 PM
It's 2009...odd year...Spurs got the :lobt:

thats so spolied of you to think that hahaha what kind of thread is this

mookie2001
02-19-2009, 09:06 PM
what annoys me is threads like this

this is like when we lose game 1 in a playoff series and theres some chode with a thread thats like "its just one game!, we'll be ok, the sky isnt falling"
laaame

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2009, 09:09 PM
being mad about losing a game, isn't the same as being mad over a phantom trade that the front office was supposed to produce out of thin air and limited assets..

angelbelow
02-20-2009, 03:40 AM
isnt that the hope of every year? is it wrong to think that you have a chance to win it every year? i would think as a true spurs fan you would hope that would happen every year.

wow, how did you miss his point this badly.

Spursfan092120
02-20-2009, 03:51 AM

stop being spoiled..

So let me get this straight. We're spoiled because we want our team and our organization to play up to their potential year in and year out? Don't be ridiculous. I am so sick and tired of people saying we're spoiled because we want to win every year. What in the hell is wrong with that? So, should we want our team to lose? So because Cleveland, Denver, the Clips, and Utah haven't won a title, we have to feel bad because we want to win it every year? Bullshit. That's not called being spoiled...it's called believing that youre team can win it all. And I do believe it. So when we don't, it upsets us. We put our heart and soul into our team, and when their season is over, it upsets us. I've been told this before when people were freaking out over a loss, now it will be me saying it. If you don't like people being passionate fans, don't read.

Yorae
02-20-2009, 03:53 AM
A lot of people here are masquerading as spurs fans when actually they're wnba fans.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-20-2009, 03:55 AM

another failed year.

Engage your brain before spewing your bullshit moron.

baseline bum
02-20-2009, 04:22 AM

another failed year.

LMFAO! Spurs are failures for not winning every year since '03? There are very good reasons the Spurs didn't win titles every year.

1) Couldn't hit an outside shot vs LA in '04.
2) Couldn't match up with Dallas having 5 guys on the floor who could iso in '06
3) LA was too deep and Manu was at 20% in '08

LMAO that you expect the Spurs to go on a Russell/Cousy/Havicek spree of domination, but then again, you're a Laker fan and we all heard how they would win 10 straight with Shaq & Kobe from your kind back during the threepeat.

angelbelow
02-20-2009, 04:51 AM
So let me get this straight. We're spoiled because we want our team and our organization to play up to their potential year in and year out? Don't be ridiculous. I am so sick and tired of people saying we're spoiled because we want to win every year. What in the hell is wrong with that? So, should we want our team to lose? So because Cleveland, Denver, the Clips, and Utah haven't won a title, we have to feel bad because we want to win it every year? Bullshit. That's not called being spoiled...it's called believing that youre team can win it all. And I do believe it. So when we don't, it upsets us. We put our heart and soul into our team, and when their season is over, it upsets us. I've been told this before when people were freaking out over a loss, now it will be me saying it. If you don't like people being passionate fans, don't read.

there is a difference between being disappointed in losing and whining like a bitch everytime you lose. hes pissed off about the latter.

believing in your team is one thing but ripping the spurs organization for losing is another.

Capt Bringdown
02-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Maybe the entire roster of the Spurs should just retire and ride off into the sunset. Heaven forbid anyone be passionate about winning another title, what a bunch of spoiled selfish pricks we are for even caring.

You see, being a Spurs fan is about arguing on the internet about who's a PC Spurs fan, and who's not. Cause we all know there can only be one way to be a Spurs fan.