View Full Version : Hey Duel

PeterBurns
02-19-2009, 07:25 PM
You're a Douche.
That's all.

Go Spurs Go! :flag:

porksword
02-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I asked in another thread who I should be cheering for in this radio brawl, but I like Peter's style.

Go Peter

PeterBurns
02-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Duel's got more talent and pedigree, so I'll try to hold my own for as long as possible.

Allanon
02-19-2009, 07:32 PM
This is the most entertaining news of the day.

lurker23
02-19-2009, 07:35 PM
I want to know who Duel's source was for the Sheed deal. If they want to have protection, they shouldn't give you BS information. :lol

IronMexican
02-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Who has the better hair? I root for that guy.

EricB
02-19-2009, 07:46 PM
I want to know who Duel's source was for the Sheed deal. If they want to have protection, they shouldn't give you BS information. :lol

Thats already been hashed out here a billion times.

It was a reliable source.

lurker23
02-19-2009, 08:26 PM

Sorry if I missed the part where that was gone over "a billion times." I read about 70% of that thread, but apparently I missed the part where the source itself was talked to death. However, I'd argue that there's a major difference between a "well-placed source" and a "reliable source." In this case, the source in question was not the latter; hopefully it'll work out better next time.

(For the record, I'm not seriously suggesting that anyone sell out their sources. I just think that both sources and media need to do a better job in reducing their false alarm rate.)

PeterBurns
02-19-2009, 08:47 PM
C'mon. I've got plans tonight. I figured this was going to get good by the time I got back. White flag already?

Death In June
02-19-2009, 08:55 PM
If San Antonio wants better sports radio, it should consider not supporting third rate personalities, their outdated shtick, or bogus rumors.

TheTruth
02-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Duel is terrible. He's so bad I've had to listen to Mike Taylor the last few weeks.

Brian Adams
02-19-2009, 09:00 PM
For Chris Duel being a comedian I thought he could take some harmless ribbing I guess i was wrong. Why did Duel over react? I used to be a huge Zone fan but they showed they have no class today.

tmtcsc
02-19-2009, 09:04 PM

Yes, WAS.

mouse
02-19-2009, 09:05 PM
He said last week I was not worthy of his caller hall of fame and not to call in since i will not get on the list. Then today he said Peter Burns is not allowed to call the station. I wonder who else has been black balled from ESPN?

I hope Duel snaps out of it soon I miss the old school vato from the 90s, I know he can be a nice guy when he wants to, I can only pray that day comes again...............for the sake of mankind.

tmtcsc
02-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Duel is terrible. He's so bad I've had to listen to Mike Taylor the last few weeks.

Nothing's that bad. I can't stand the way the dude talks.

tmtcsc
02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Sorry if I missed the part where that was gone over "a billion times." I read about 70% of that thread, but apparently I missed the part where the source itself was talked to death. However, I'd argue that there's a major difference between a "well-placed source" and a "reliable source." In this case, the source in question was not the latter; hopefully it'll work out better next time.

(For the record, I'm not seriously suggesting that anyone sell out their sources. I just think that both sources and media need to do a better job in reducing their false alarm rate.)

His source was a Real Estate agent who get local ad time here in San Antonio. He knows a guy close to the Pistons organization. Really, its weak. Weak like Don Harris' old rounded out at the end collars on the shirts he used to wear.

Death In June
02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
He said last week I was not worthy of his caller hall of fame and not to call in since i will not get on the list.You need to be Duel's cock jockey to be in the hall of fame. The other guy, Jason, is even more annoying somehow.

PeterBurns
02-19-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm banned from his show?
Is that a first of someone being banned from a show without ever making an appearance. Actually I feel kind of honored.

That's it. I'm banning Cloris Leachman from my show....that tramp will NEVER...I REPEAT...NEVER!!!! BE ON MY SHOW....SO HELP ME GOD!

EricB
02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm banned from his show?
Is that a first of someone being banned from a show without ever making an appearance. Actually I feel kind of honored.

That's it. I'm banning Cloris Leachman from my show....that tramp will NEVER...I REPEAT...NEVER!!!! BE ON MY SHOW....SO HELP ME GOD!

Mouse completely lied.

He said your management wouldn't let you call in.

Sii
02-19-2009, 09:32 PM
ESPN 1250 > ticket 760

tlongII
02-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Mouse lied? That's impossible!

Dr. Gonzo
02-19-2009, 09:55 PM
I listen to about 30 minutes of sports talk a day total and I would have to say all the shows are pretty bad. But I'd rather listen to Duel over Taylor. God is Taylor terrible. And I listen to Mike and Mike over Peter Burns. That intro to the 8am hour that the Burns show has is just annoying. I'd rank them like this.

1. Duel
2. Burns
3. Taylor

But that doesn't say much.

God I miss Sirius in my vehicle.

tonylongoriafan
02-19-2009, 10:06 PM
EVERYONE can do better...right now it's a three-way tie (burns, duel, taylor)

tie goes to the runner
http://www.saveacougar.com/

CharlieMac
02-19-2009, 10:41 PM
I listen to about 30 minutes of sports talk a day total and I would have to say all the shows are pretty bad. But I'd rather listen to Duel over Taylor. God is Taylor terrible. And I listen to Mike and Mike over Peter Burns. That intro to the 8am hour that the Burns show has is just annoying. I'd rank them like this.

1. Duel
2. Burns
3. Taylor

How do you leave Paul Alexander out? He pretty much makes everyone else (locally) sound like they're on KSYM.

EricB
02-19-2009, 10:44 PM

1. Duel
2. Burns
3. Taylor

I listen to Burn's show.

Mike and Mike are chicken shits.

Skeeter Swift
02-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I root for whoever dated a crack whore and had to buy his way onto the air.

CharlieMac
02-19-2009, 10:50 PM
I root for whoever dated a crack whore and had to buy his way onto the air.

Charlie Parker?

pickle girl
02-19-2009, 10:57 PM
I heard the show a caller called in and told Chris why not ask Peter to be a man and to call in? Then after he said Peter's boss would not let him call the show, Chris said I won't let him on my show. You guys need hear the entire show not just what you want to hear.

mouse
02-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Peter call the show prove me wrong.

bigdog
02-19-2009, 11:11 PM
LOL @ Duel "not letting" Peter on his show. Call him Burns!

my2sons
02-19-2009, 11:13 PM
If San Antonio wants better sports radio, it should consider not supporting third rate personalities, their outdated shtick, or bogus rumors.

hmmm....some of the rumors are quoted from here...by reliable sources

bigdog
02-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Taylor, by the way, completely sucks. Just thought I'd throw that in there

phyzik
02-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Duel is a douche, especially when it comes to the Cowbitches. Its not that I hate the Cowboys, but God Damn, STFU already. I dont care that other douchebag Cowbitch Brokeback fans call in, just fucking hang up and talk about something else already.

Having said that, 1250 is better than 760. Hands down.

Tenacious D
02-19-2009, 11:51 PM
If Duel wasn't so sensitive and was able to control his emotions better he could maybe make it big some day.

Man of Steel
02-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Why the hell is everyone dumping on Chris today?

bigdog
02-20-2009, 12:04 AM

Because Peter decided to make this awesome thread.

Man of Steel
02-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Who is Peter?

MiamiHeat.
02-20-2009, 12:06 AM

Because he was on the radio saying some douche bag named Peter burns is at a website called SpursTalk spreading rumors about ESPN, but if you post here regularly or listen to sports radio you would know this already.

stxspurs
02-20-2009, 12:16 AM
paul alexander/deul minnix >>>>>>mike/jim "i wanna talk like mike taylor" B.

the other day there was a good convo about the spurs with some idiot and it lasted a good while..decent bball takes and discussion....i turned to taylor and they were still talking about the chics on the website...pathetic.

mouse
02-20-2009, 12:23 AM
paul alexander.

I may actually tune into that show today. I hope I am not blocked. should I pull out the old MLK sound bite?

Jimmy Bobby
02-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Just goes to show what an inferior product they have at ESPN.

Jimmy Bobby
02-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Duel is a douche, especially when it comes to the Cowbitches. Its not that I hate the Cowboys, but God Damn

Bingo.

Tune into Sportstalk San Antonio with Mike Taylor and Jim Bob from 3-6pm and you'll hear the real deal.

PeterBurns
02-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Ay Dios Mio peeps.

Clearly this has gone way too far. I made a quick little flippant post giving the guys at ESPN some hell about their Rasheed Wallace rumor earlier in the week. All in good fun, little did I know that he would take the bait.....hook, line, and sinker.

So, the next thing I know, I get a phone call from a buddy asking why they are calling me a "bitch" on their radio show. (Classy by the way) I mean, trust me, I'm flattered that they would take time out of the show to mention my name. But I didn't think they would have the sissy fit over it.

All I know, is that I've supported Spurstalk from day one, never turned my back here, and I posted before I was ever on air.

So I guess he wants an apology.

So here it is.

Dear Mr. Duel,

I apologize about replying in a humorous tongue-in-cheek manner to the page 3 of a Spurs message board on the internet. Had I known it would have been grounds to upset you, or merit the "bitch" comment on your show, surely, I wouldn't have done so. So please accept my humble apology, and know that I will not try to have a little harmless fun in the future.

Cordially,
Peter J Burns

And by the record. Please ban Jimmy Bobby. This guy is a bigger douche than Sequ. (At least Sequ will find humor in that, unlike others)

spursbsktball73
02-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Peter Burns SUX as a radio person. Hes such a hack. You know what i mean " my friend " ? What a stupid saying. Your a f#$%^&kin MORON MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mouse
02-20-2009, 01:31 AM
I knew Peter was the better man!

Jimmy Bobby is consistent with his takes and stays in character therefore he deserves to not get banned.

Besides no one could ever be more annoying than Sequ after a Spurs lost and him only scoring a 145 at the bowling alley.

Hey Peter you want to call in the show I will go first i will tell them how you extended the olive branch they will say let him man up and call in and then you dial the number.

I have been meaning to call out Duel,Jason, and ErikB about some issues I have. let me know by 2pm so i can down load my MLK free at last sound bite. :tu

Ps: They also referred to you as Burning Peter on the show even though Many in this topic have conveniently forgot that part of the show what a bunch of salad tossing teachers pets.

Chris Duel
02-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Burning Peter,

No apology necessary, no apology requested.

I just find it hilarious that you, supposedly working at the "established" sports station in this town, are so obsessed with the station that you and so many others have tried to dismiss for the past 12 months.

I smell fear.

You learned nothing from Andrew "Yoda" Ashwood.

You can take shots at me. I don't give a sh*t. But when you LIE, I'm going to call you out. That's all. No more. No less.

And Mouse,

How much weed are you smoking? You used to be funny and brilliant. You had no bigger fan than me. Back at 'OAI I was told by the producer/board-op not to take your calls because he said you were an "idiot."

I strongly disagreed and fought for you. Both at 'OAI and KTSA. I knew you were the best caller in the market. That's how J.T. "The Brick" got a gig: he was a caller to the Jim Rome Show first.

Sadly, that was then and this is now. Now you have to use your 20+ different internet identities to pile on me and others in very uncreative and unfunny ways. Whatever.

Then, you MAKE UP a LIE that I banned Burning Peter from our radio show. Never happened. No one is banned. Dissenting callers go to the top of the list.

If Burning Peter calls in, we will take his call immediately.

Even if you, Mouse, a drugged-out shell of your former self, call in, we will take the call immediately. And I will hope you are coherent.

I feel dirty, and have to go shower now after engaging the likes of you two on this message board.

Nighty, Night, bitches.

Chris

The Power Hour.
02-20-2009, 02:14 AM
http://8vsb.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/mouse_trap.jpg

bigdog
02-20-2009, 02:15 AM
Well this is getting interesting.

ClingingMars
02-20-2009, 02:54 AM
THE PLOT THICKENS

-Mars

NRHector
02-20-2009, 02:54 AM
Damn this is better than a Mexican novela:wow

Re-Animator
02-20-2009, 03:08 AM
Damn this is better than a Mexican novela:wow

Are you sure?

Mexican telenovela actress, Mayrín Villanueva

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9741/mayrinvillanuevahotoa9.jpg

Man of Steel
02-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Who the fuck is Peter Burns?

mouse
02-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Burning Peter,

No apology necessary, no apology requested.

I just find it hilarious that you, supposedly working at the "established" sports station in this town, are so obsessed with the station that you and so many others have tried to dismiss for the past 12 months.

I smell fear.

You learned nothing from Andrew "Yoda" Ashwood.

You can take shots at me. I don't give a sh*t. But when you LIE, I'm going to call you out. That's all. No more. No less.

And Mouse,

How much weed are you smoking? You used to be funny and brilliant. You had no bigger fan than me. Back at 'OAI I was told by the producer/board-op not to take your calls because he said you were an "idiot."

I strongly disagreed and fought for you. Both at 'OAI and KTSA. I knew you were the best caller in the market. That's how J.T. "The Brick" got a gig: he was a caller to the Jim Rome Show first.

Sadly, that was then and this is now. Now you have to use your 20+ different internet identities to pile on me and others in very uncreative and unfunny ways. Whatever.

Then, you MAKE UP a LIE that I banned Burning Peter from our radio show. Never happened. No one is banned. Dissenting callers go to the top of the list.

If Burning Peter calls in, we will take his call immediately.

Even if you, Mouse, a drugged-out shell of your former self, call in, we will take the call immediately. And I will hope you are coherent.

I feel dirty, and have to go shower now after engaging the likes of you two on this message board.

Nighty, Night, bitches.

Chris

Translation: Tatiana Del Toro got voted off American Idol and I am pissed!

http://assets.gearlive.com/tvenvy/blogimages/AI8_36Grp1_TatianaDelToro.jpg

Hell I am with you! I still to this day, can't wax my carrot to American Idol every since this vato showed up.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/clay_aiken/images/0225-clay_front.jpg

You think your the only one who wasted a vote on Sara Palin? Dude we all have problems in these troubled times your not the only one so do us all a favor and.....................

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SAczyLWShCI/AAAAAAAABsU/Rhp8RrhlJzU/s320/HighHorse.jpg

Bring back the fun Chris Duel we all knew and loved back in 1998 when you was stuck on I-H 10 with 7 million Spur fans tooting the horn in your 1993 Honda Accord. WTF happened to the Fun loving Body Solution drinking fool form the Spurs half time show? Was that all fake? Is this the real Duel?

Please let me know before I go to part II of this reply. I want to make sure I have it in witting before I dig deep in my smack sac and do a Benjamin Buttons on your Barry Manilow loving ass. :tu

Brian Adams
02-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Dam mouse you cut like a knife!

Last Comic Standing
02-20-2009, 04:03 AM
I heard Duel might do a stand up routine in March why not invite mouse?

stxspurs
02-20-2009, 08:08 AM
i saw duel when he was doing late night standup at the rivercenter comedy club....i think he was a waiter there too......

Taco
02-20-2009, 08:48 AM
:lmao @ this thread

too many good post's to respond to :lol

aMfr2CgIPhg

JudynTX
02-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Good stuff man. :lol

Man of Steel
02-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Who the fuck is mouse?

Taco
02-20-2009, 09:23 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SAczyLWShCI/AAAAAAAABsU/Rhp8RrhlJzU/s320/HighHorse.jpg

Man of Steel

Who the fuck is mouse?

Sec24Row7
02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Who the fuck is mouse?

A more appropriate question would be who the fuck ISN'T mouse.

Taco
02-20-2009, 10:57 AM

:lol:rollin:lmao

AlamoSpursFan
02-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Aren't we all mouse, really?

:lol

Walter Day
02-20-2009, 11:02 AM

Let the officials decide thank you!

NRHector
02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Are you sure?

Mexican telenovela actress, Mayrín Villanueva

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9741/mayrinvillanuevahotoa9.jpguh I guess you got me there::loldamn she si fine

Man of Steel
02-20-2009, 11:31 AM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x138/ExtravaNancy/Rats/Belly-rat.gif

MavTalker
02-20-2009, 01:24 PM
I got to meet Mr. Duel at river center comedy club he seemed like a nice person i guess talk radio has made him bitter in a way.

Taco
02-20-2009, 01:39 PM
LET'S PLAY THE MOUSE-TROLL DRINKING GAME

EVERYTIME YOU SPOT A MOUSE TROLL IN THIS THREAD, YOU TAKE A DRINK :lol
:toast
:jekka
http://www.smileyarena.com/emoticons/Emotions/Drinking/drinking25.gif
http://www.smileyarena.com/emoticons/Emotions/Drinking/drinking28.gif
http://www.smileyarena.com/emoticons/Emotions/Drinking/drinking45.gif

smeagol
02-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Drink!

(I'm a mouse troll)

SpursGirl21
02-20-2009, 04:07 PM
I am tuning in now and I don't hear any Peter Burns talk.

Heat Miser
02-20-2009, 04:11 PM
They don't seem to like to take calls.

Nathan Explosion
02-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Sorry, but the best bit of radio I've heard in a while has to be Peter Burns "Spurs Report" when he was in Denver. 5 minutes of bitching about the weather, the airport, and the ugly girls followed by "Oh man that chick's hot, gotta go....(click)".

Best bit ever. So Peter, did you seal the deal as Taylor and Jim Bob said you would. After all, if you hook up with tons of chicks with a name like Peter Burns, you must be a pretty boy according to them.

Alex Jones
02-21-2009, 01:14 AM
To bad Kori doesn't have a show.

de Soto
02-21-2009, 11:39 AM
You're a Douche.
That's all.

Go Spurs Go! :flag:

Duel is a "never was". His best attempt at entertainment -by far- was wayyy back when he partnered with Parker. But when he primadonnied that gig...he fucked his career irreversibly. His last gig with the stupid fat mexican, and finally w/o him, was truly vomit-inducing. No wonder he got fired from that too.

EricB
02-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Hmmm, racist and a jerk.

de soto is a winner.

Bloodstone
02-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Hmmm, racist and a jerk.

de soto is a winner.

Did you forget.....................

http://www.seinfeldonline.com/kramer2.jpg

and.............

http://pics.hollywoodrag.com/gallery3/images/mel_gibson_drunk1_medium.jpg