PDA

View Full Version : Iverson sucks

Pelicans78
02-19-2009, 10:42 PM
What a worthless bum. Pistons will be much better off once they clear his cap space and sign Boozer to start with Prince, Rip, and Stuckey.

DeadlyDynasty
02-19-2009, 10:43 PM
yeah he's a turd

sook
02-19-2009, 10:44 PM
whats new?

Pelicans78
02-19-2009, 10:52 PM
No way he belongs in the Hall-of-Fame.

lefty
02-19-2009, 10:56 PM

At least he won an MVP and took his team in the Finals

dirk4mvp
02-19-2009, 10:58 PM

Don't kid yourself.

sribb43
02-19-2009, 11:00 PM
its sad watching Rip just stand in the corner the whole 4th quarter....with iverson, Rip doesnt come off screens, all we see is the iso garbage with AI. No wonder teh Nuggets are so much better now and the Pistons are trash

resistanze
02-19-2009, 11:06 PM
AI needs a particular kinda team built around him and ONLY him, to be successful. Otherwise, teams turn to shit. And now he's too old anyways.

That being said, he's still among my top 3 favorite players in the past 10 years.

Pelicans78
02-19-2009, 11:07 PM
At least he won an MVP and took his team in the Finals

It was a token award. He played in a weak conference. If he was in the Western Conference he wouldn't have got any votes and his team would have been eliminated in the first round. The season Paul had last season was way better than Iverson that season. Plus, the Hornets had a better record in a much, much tougher conference.

Indazone
02-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Guys like Iverson, Francis, Marbury are all dominate the ball iso type ball players. You need a certain type of style of basketball to make use of these players. The original Rockets offense of clearouts and iso-ball was perfect for Francis. D'antoni's run and gun style is perfect for these guys too. Philadelphia's offense used to be great for Iverson. Never won anything but Iverson fit.

You can also use simple pick and roll, screen type offenses with set plays and it'd be ok for these guys but if you run the motion offense or any type of complicated offense that requires passing and some brains then no. None of these guys is good in that type of offense. Iverson would be left floudering around trying to figure out Phil Jackson's Triangle offense. I mean can you even imagine what a disaster that would be seeing Iverson on the Lakers? LOL

lefty
02-19-2009, 11:45 PM
It was a token award. He played in a weak conference. If he was in the Western Conference he wouldn't have got any votes and his team would have been eliminated in the first round. The season Paul had last season was way better than Iverson that season. Plus, the Hornets had a better record in a much, much tougher conference.

Yeah, West is tougher, but AI was banged up during the 2001 playoffs

Knee, back, elbow, shoulder

Pelicans78
02-19-2009, 11:48 PM

He's a skinny piece of shit. Of course he's gonna complain like an asshole.

lefty
02-19-2009, 11:49 PM
He's a skinny piece of shit. Of course he's gonna complain like an asshole.

FYI, he made no excuse that season

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-19-2009, 11:49 PM
I am so glad the Nuggets pulled the trigger on the Billups trade very early in the season.

They are a totally different team under Billups. Kind of reminds me of the old Pistons when it comes to grinding out gritty wins, that's something the Nuggets never did until Billups arrived.

Beating a Magic team in Orlando and scoring only 82pts? That's the Billups effect, they can now win low scoring games as well.

Austin_Toros
02-20-2009, 12:07 AM
its sad watching Rip just stand in the corner the whole 4th quarter....with iverson, Rip doesnt come off screens, all we see is the iso garbage with AI. No wonder teh Nuggets are so much better now and the Pistons are trash

pistons are CLEARLY worse since the AI trade. guys like billups, rip, prince etc. all shared the ball around. now AI comes along, dominates the ball and the pistons implode.

jonnybravo
02-20-2009, 12:09 AM
The early 2000's Eastern Conference was the most pathetic excuse for a conference in history.

I think five guys from Spurstalk could have made a run to the Finals with that sad sack of a conference that AI made it out of.

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 12:13 AM

healthy or not the lakers pretty much steamrolled through the playoffs

lefty
02-20-2009, 03:04 AM
healthy or not the lakers pretty much steamrolled through the playoffs

Off topic

Retard

Yorae
02-20-2009, 06:42 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090220/capt.4221b22e0542455f832f87294a10b388.aptopix_spur s_pistons_basketball_dtp105.jpg

Ok..he's a ball hug.

SenorSpur
02-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Guys like Iverson, Francis, Marbury are all dominate the ball iso type ball players. You need a certain type of style of basketball to make use of these players. The original Rockets offense of clearouts and iso-ball was perfect for Francis. D'antoni's run and gun style is perfect for these guys too. Philadelphia's offense used to be great for Iverson. Never won anything but Iverson fit.

Watching that game you can literally feel how AI sucked the offensive life out of the team. There's no doubt he kept the Pistons in it with his scoring. Despite his scoring brilliance and overall individual greatness, he doesn't have the capacity the pick his spots, make others better or let the game come to him. It's such a beating watching him "pound the rock" down the to last seconds of the shot clock, while others stand around and watch. Was anyone surprised he'd take the last 2 shots?

Head coach Michael Curry made the wrong decision in benching Rip Hamilton. Like Reggie Miller said, AI is going to have to get accustomed to coming off the bench on his next team.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Hall of famer for sure.

AS for signing Boozer, fucking Boozer? Boozer's a pussy.

Killakobe81
02-20-2009, 09:29 AM

I agree with MOST of this but he is an impressive scorer but to be fair something is wRONG with that team ...
Anybody notice how much confidence Prince has lost in his jumper he kept short-arming his j ...Rasheed normally plays duncan tough he settled for jumpers all game ...Stuckey has regressed ...Hamilton looks frustrated

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 09:38 AM
I agree with MOST of this but he is an impressive scorer but to be fair something is wRONG with that team ...
Anybody notice how much confidence Prince has lost in his jumper he kept short-arming his j ...Rasheed normally plays duncan tough he settled for jumpers all game ...Stuckey has regressed ...Hamilton looks frustrated

I think the team is deflated because of him. They don't play as hard because they don't get enough touches and the offense doesn't run with him in the lineup. Honestly, Curry should be fired for starting Iverson all season and benching Hamilton. Terrible decision by this piece of crap coach. They should have gone with Stuckey and Rip in the backcourt and let Iverson run the 2nd unit with guys like Maxiell, Johnson, Affalo, etc. Stupid decision benching Rip.

JamStone
02-20-2009, 10:04 AM
The trade has definitely been bad for the Pistons from a basketball standpoint. And, yes, Iverson hasn't fit well at all.

However, some of you haven't been watching the Pistons at all.

First of all, Iverson actually was one of the few Pistons who played well last night, dominating the ball or not.

And, since the trade, Iverson had tried not to dominate the ball. He deferred to Rip and Stuckey, didn't hog the ball, and took a lot fewer shots than he was accustomed to. And, the Pistons were still losing.

He's just not fitting in with the team, and/or the team refuses to adequately adjust to playing with him still. There are other factors as well, like coaching. But, the chemistry with Iverson and the rest of the team has certainly been a major problem. Him ball hogging is actually not as big of an issue because when he doesn't ball hog, they still aren't playing well plus Iverson isn't contributing as much.

hater
02-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Come on :rolleyes

Pistons and Dumars knew what they were getting when they got Iverson. This is exactly what Iverson is providing. He is helping sell tickets and of course team chemistry is in the trash. But come on. Dumars knew exactly what he was doing. If Pistons expected anything else they are fooling themselves

JamStone
02-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I actually believe that Joe Dumars believed Iverson would at the very least keep them at the same level as before the trade. I don't think at the time of the trade, Dumars felt it would be this bad and for it to last this long still trying to figure out how to play with each other. If he expected it to turn out this way, I don't think he would have made the trade.

Obviously, he was wrong. But, I don't think he "knew" or expected it to be like this. The silver lining, of course, is that even if things had not worked out as they appear to be right now, there were the additional reasons for making the deal in getting cap space and getting more practical development for Rodney Stuckey as the main point guard.

But, no, I don't think Dumars "knew" what he was getting into. I think he thought Iverson would help them in areas that the Pistons needed help in, mainly getting points in the paint more frequently and getting some superstar calls. That notion was clearly wrong. It's was a complete mistake from a basketball sense.

And, Iverson doesn't help that many more tickets than the Pistons were selling beforehand. Trading for Iverson to help sell tickets was not a factor. Guaranteed.

leemajors
02-20-2009, 11:11 AM
The trade has definitely been bad for the Pistons from a basketball standpoint. And, yes, Iverson hasn't fit well at all.

However, some of you haven't been watching the Pistons at all.

First of all, Iverson actually was one of the few Pistons who played well last night, dominating the ball or not.

And, since the trade, Iverson had tried not to dominate the ball. He deferred to Rip and Stuckey, didn't hog the ball, and took a lot fewer shots than he was accustomed to. And, the Pistons were still losing.

He's just not fitting in with the team, and/or the team refuses to adequately adjust to playing with him still. There are other factors as well, like coaching. But, the chemistry with Iverson and the rest of the team has certainly been a major problem. Him ball hogging is actually not as big of an issue because when he doesn't ball hog, they still aren't playing well plus Iverson isn't contributing as much.

good take.

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 11:40 AM
I actually believe that Joe Dumars believed Iverson would at the very least keep them at the same level as before the trade. I don't think at the time of the trade, Dumars felt it would be this bad and for it to last this long still trying to figure out how to play with each other. If he expected it to turn out this way, I don't think he would have made the trade.

Obviously, he was wrong. But, I don't think he "knew" or expected it to be like this. The silver lining, of course, is that even if things had not worked out as they appear to be right now, there were the additional reasons for making the deal in getting cap space and getting more practical development for Rodney Stuckey as the main point guard.

But, no, I don't think Dumars "knew" what he was getting into. I think he thought Iverson would help them in areas that the Pistons needed help in, mainly getting points in the paint more frequently and getting some superstar calls. That notion was clearly wrong. It's was a complete mistake from a basketball sense.

And, Iverson doesn't help that many more tickets than the Pistons were selling beforehand. Trading for Iverson to help sell tickets was not a factor. Guaranteed.

Iverson was a short-term solution. Dumars wanted to dump salary and still have a chance to compete this season. Unfortunately, Iverson couldn't win and now they're just waiting for the season to end so they can clear his salary and Wallace's as well. They're projected to sign Boozer in the offseason and maybe Okur or just make a run at the 2010 class.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Pistons are in serious danger of missing the playoffs now... I think they might go 0-4 on this road trip.