PDA

View Full Version : Record Ratings

Kori Ellis
03-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Elliott Ceremony Receives Record Ratings
March 7, 2005

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/elliott_ceremony_ratings.html

Sean Elliott's retired number ceremony Sunday, March 6th was the highest-rated SOUTHWEST SPORTS REPORT telecast of all-time, registering a 10.8 household rating in San Antonio, according to Nielsen Media Research.
More San Antonio viewers watched the 1½ hour postgame program honoring the former San Antonio Spurs legend than the Jazz-Spurs game telecast that preceded it with a 6.7 household rating.

It was the best rating ever for the SOUTHWEST SPORTS REPORT, surpassing the previous record of 7.8 set March 25, 2003 following a Bucks-Spurs regular-season telecast.

Elliott, currently the team's television analyst, had his No. 32 retired by the team in a ceremony telecast live on the SOUTHWEST SPORTS REPORT. An average of 81,000 San Antonio homes tuned in to the celebration.

Spurs games on FSN Southwest this season are averaging a 7.6 household rating, tops among the 21 NBA teams telecast on FSN regional affiliates. The Spurs have had the highest local regular season TV ratings on FSN the last five seasons.

Solid D
03-07-2005, 06:04 PM
I wonder what it was on NBATV? They also carried the post-game jersey retirement ceremony...the whole thing (2 or 3 seconds delayed from the Fox feed).

TheWriter
03-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Sweet.

Solid D
03-07-2005, 06:10 PM
The lady host (I don't remember her name) on NBATV, along with Quinn Buckner, commented that it was quite obvious how much Sean Elliott means to the city of San Antonio and how endeared he is to the people in the community.

Jimcs50
03-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I think it is because AJ was speaking.

:)