PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of the hand check rule already

Biggems
02-20-2009, 12:52 AM
I am so sick and tired of all these pussy ass fouls being called on the perimeter that are killing the flow of the game. I am tired of guards being treated like pampered, spoiled brats everytime someone looks at em funny.

Meanwhile, down in the paint, the bigs are mauling each other and the refs are turning the other cheek....unless a pussy ass guard drives into the lane and then it is a foul.

I know the NBA does this to get scoring up, but damn.....stop calling incidental contact fouls and stick strictly to hacking fouls....

Also, I wish the league would start calling offensive fouls when the offensive player invades the space of a defender who is completely vertical and merely holding his position.

It sucks watching guys play awesome defense only to have the refs bail out the offensive players with cheap or bogus calls....or give the offensive guy the call, even if he drives right through the defender.

I dont blame defenders for flopping. Hell, they have to do something to get a call, since Stern and his minions want to give everything to the offense

mogrovejo
02-20-2009, 06:17 AM
I am so sick and tired of all these pussy ass fouls being called on the perimeter that are killing the flow of the game. I am tired of guards being treated like pampered, spoiled brats everytime someone looks at em funny.

Meanwhile, down in the paint, the bigs are mauling each other and the refs are turning the other cheek....unless a pussy ass guard drives into the lane and then it is a foul.

I know the NBA does this to get scoring up, but damn.....stop calling incidental contact fouls and stick strictly to hacking fouls....

Also, I wish the league would start calling offensive fouls when the offensive player invades the space of a defender who is completely vertical and merely holding his position.

It sucks watching guys play awesome defense only to have the refs bail out the offensive players with cheap or bogus calls....or give the offensive guy the call, even if he drives right through the defender.

I dont blame defenders for flopping. Hell, they have to do something to get a call, since Stern and his minions want to give everything to the offense

I don't think allowing more hand-checking on the ball handler is the solution, but there's plenty of truth in that statement.

pauls931
02-20-2009, 09:09 AM
I only checked this thread to make sure it wasn't started by a Boston fan.

DaDakota
02-20-2009, 10:05 AM
I like the no hand check rule....I would like to see more palming called though and the elimination of that stupid circle under the basket.

DD

N4th4n
02-20-2009, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=Biggems;3128783

I dont blame defenders for flopping. Hell, they have to do something to get a call, since Stern and his minions want to give everything to the offense[/QUOTE]

You better be ready for Tony Parker to foul out of every game.

pauls931
02-20-2009, 10:18 AM
You better be ready for Tony Parker to foul out of every game.

Looks like Reggie Miller retired in Time, Ginobili is really bad for this and Kobe, as well as nash and just about any guard in the league. I'm tire of this fucking bullshit where offensive players keep jumping into defenders and getting bailed out. I lauged my ass off at times when I see defenders trying to get out of the way but the offensive player still manages to nick them to get the call.

mogrovejo
02-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I like the no hand check rule....I would like to see more palming called though and the elimination of that stupid circle under the basket.

DD

Really? I don't think you understand how greatly getting rid of the non-charge area would affect the game. What I'd like to see, and has been one of my peeves for a while, is it being solely a non-charge area, not an automatic blocking/shooting foul area. The number of times the refs call a foul on the defender instead of just letting the play proceed with a non-call is astonishing.

monosylab1k
02-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Really? I don't think you understand how greatly getting rid of the non-charge area would affect the game. What I'd like to see, and has been one of my peeves for a while, is it being solely a non-charge area, not an automatic blocking/shooting foul area. The number of times the refs call a foul on the defender instead of just letting the play proceed with a non-call is astonishing.

I agree with all that, and honestly I'd make the non-charge area even bigger. The worst part of the game is all the charging calls and mistaken charging calls. Taking a charge shouldn't be considered good defense.

mogrovejo
02-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I agree with all that, and honestly I'd make the non-charge area even bigger. The worst part of the game is all the charging calls and mistaken charging calls. Taking a charge shouldn't be considered good defense.

Huh? Why not? I mean, what exactly does that mean? That defenders should get out of the way of the offensive players?

monosylab1k
02-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Huh? Why not? I mean, what exactly does that mean? That defenders should get out of the way of the offensive players?

They should contest shots instead of looking for a bailout from the refs. Of course that also means the refs need to allow more contact without bailing out the man driving as well.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-20-2009, 12:05 PM
No hand check rule is for pussys. NBA is only form of basketball in world that this the pathetic rule.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Bullshit lies

mavs>spurs2
02-20-2009, 12:07 PM
No hand check rule is for pussys. NBA is only form of basketball in world that this the pathetic rule.

Greeks are pussies

mogrovejo
02-20-2009, 12:51 PM
They should contest shots instead of looking for a bailout from the refs. Of course that also means the refs need to allow more contact without bailing out the man driving as well.

He... that would transform the sport in a lay-up/dunks drill. Everybody will only take shots under the basket. Unless you mean the refs should allow the defenders to foul, and in that case it would be a weird form of wrestling.

If anything, refs should call more charges. Basketball is about occupying spaces, that's the spirit of the game and that's how it becomes beautiful and passionating to those playing or watching.

DaDakota
02-20-2009, 06:03 PM
I understand perfectly what removing that no charge area would do.

The defense is punished enough already especially with palming, crab dribbling, 3 steps, jump stops allowed.

All of which were illegal...and some still are...

DD