PDA

View Full Version : Can the spurs make an off-season move?

Austin_Toros
02-20-2009, 01:27 AM
So the spurs failed to make a trade before the deadline. I guess the question now is: is there any chance the spurs can sign someone in the off-season?

We couldn't get Camby, so maybe we can sign a big guy. Names such as Channing Frye, Stromile Swift, Kwame Brown, Chris Wilcox (and others) become free agents (i think!).

Could we sign one of these big men or anybody else? Especially considering San Ant couldn't get anything to go before the deadline.
Would signing someone ruin our salary cap and off-season hopes for the future?

:flag:

Ditty
02-20-2009, 01:31 AM
of course we can im not sure how much well have but i would love david lee or of courrse rasheed

mystargtr34
02-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Zaza Pachulia
Drew Gooden
Anderson Varejao (Player Option)
Brandon Bass
Chris Anderson
Rasheed Wallace
Antonio Mcdyess
Rasho Nesterovic
Brian 'Rofl' Skinner
Jamaal Magloire
Chris Wilcox
Joe Smith
Theo Ratliff

Probably the only ones worth mentioning. All Unrestricted.

EricB
02-20-2009, 01:36 AM
I'd say they will go after Rasheed Wallace as their main man.

After that probobly Joe Smith, or McDyess or Nesterovic.

I wouldn't me shocked if they hoped that Indiana bought out Rasho and then gave him the rest of the MLE.

mystargtr34
02-20-2009, 01:38 AM
I'd say they will go after Rasheed Wallace as their main man.

After that probobly Joe Smith, or McDyess or Nesterovic.

I wouldn't me shocked if they hoped that Indiana bought out Rasho and then gave him the rest of the MLE.

Sheed is definately the big prize. Mcdyess is damn good still too, but probably redundant with Thomas on the roster.

mystargtr34
02-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Although Kurt Thomas does make the current Dyess look like 98 Playoffs Antonio Mcdyess.

remingtonbo2001
02-20-2009, 01:40 AM
It depends how well we do during the playoffs and if we produce a championship.

I'd imagine a team or two is going to throw a hefty sack of money at Rasheed.

However, Spurs have a pretty good history of targeting the older veterans.

I guess we'll see.

SenorSpur
02-20-2009, 01:57 AM
Rasho or Joe Smith, provided one or the other gets bought out.

Then in the offseason, go after the Sheed.

Jmoney
02-20-2009, 01:57 AM
I'm doubting Rasheed gets a whole bunch of money thrown his way. I can only see a few teams making a run at Sheed for maybe 6-7 mil. Celtics,Cavs,Spurs,Magic, and maybe MAYBE on a very outside shot the suns who are going to be tight on money so very outside chance.

I'd like to see us go after Chris Anderson personally. I think he fits better on the defensive end along with the offensive rebounding. In 19 mins a game he's averaging 2 blocks and 5.3 rebounds compaired to the league leader in blocks *Howard* and Duncan 1.83 both who are averaging nearly double the mins he's cheeper. The one area that sheed excels in more is of course sheeds post up and shot. However Sheed takes ALOT of dumb shots from the 3 and long 2. Not so good when your looking for rebounding help.

PuttPutt
02-20-2009, 02:08 AM
I'm doubting Rasheed gets a whole bunch of money thrown his way. I can only see a few teams making a run at Sheed for maybe 6-7 mil. Celtics,Cavs,Spurs,Magic, and maybe MAYBE on a very outside shot the suns who are going to be tight on money so very outside chance.

I'd like to see us go after Chris Anderson personally. I think he fits better on the defensive end along with the offensive rebounding. In 19 mins a game he's averaging 2 blocks and 5.3 rebounds compaired to the league leader in blocks *Howard* and Duncan 1.83 both who are averaging nearly double the mins he's cheeper. The one area that sheed excels in more is of course sheeds post up and shot. However Sheed takes ALOT of dumb shots from the 3 and long 2. Not so good when your looking for rebounding help.

I think this would be very interesting too. From watching him play, he's a hustler. I like him. He'd be a very interesting piece to the Spurs puzzle. Just as long he is done & over with his minorly troubled decisions in his past.

bigdog
02-20-2009, 02:12 AM
As far as this year, if Rasho and Joe Smith get bought out, I'd like to have one of them.

As for the offseason, obviously we all want Rasheed, but I'll admit that I wouldn't mind Pachulia. He's a hustle player. He's not flashy, doesn't have some amazing offensive game, but he's a good player that I wouldn't mind if we could get him for cheap to be a backup C.

Jmoney
02-20-2009, 02:13 AM
You know he got punished but seems to have been a good boy since he came back. I think he's a much cheaper fit for us. He's also from Texas and I think did his college here in Tx so it might just work out.