PDA

View Full Version : Bonner Appreciation thread

raspsa
02-20-2009, 03:34 AM
Matt Bonner threads have been scarce. Great game Bonner, who knows what the outcome would have been if not for his contributions.. 15 points and 7 rebounds in this type of low-scoring game are great stats :toast (I still can't believe that you missed that wide-open 3-footer though.. but I guess its OK since Timmy D missed a point-blank layup late in the 4th)..

Manufan909
02-20-2009, 04:10 AM
Red Rocket!!!

m33p0
02-20-2009, 10:53 AM
red rocket!!!

urunobili
02-20-2009, 10:58 AM
After a solid playoff run i'll jump in the bandwagon.. till then... still cautious... i can;t deny he has improved dramatically... but i need him to prove me wrong of all what i said/felt about him after a solid playoff performance on several rounds... :wakeup

YoMamaIsCallin
02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Matt Bonner threads have been scarce. Great game Bonner, who knows what the outcome would have been if not for his contributions.. 15 points and 7 rebounds in this type of low-scoring game are great stats :toast (I still can't believe that you missed that wide-open 3-footer though.. but I guess its OK since Timmy D missed a point-blank layup late in the 4th)..

Anyone who's played basketball has been there. You baby it up there because it's such a short distance, and it clanks off the front rim. Maybe you shot it too quick because you were afraid of getting it blocked. Maybe you just weren't completely ready for the pass. Same with timmy's layup. You go up but your jump is a little too horizontal, you don't get your arms up quite quickly enough, and you bang it off the glass a little too hard and it flies past the basket on the bounce. It's not an easy game.

And missing an open three pointer? Even the best shooter is going to make AT BEST 6.5 out of 10 from that distance on average. There will be misses.

Indazone
02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Scola would still run circles around him.

nkdlunch
02-20-2009, 11:15 AM
mediatakeout needs to release some Bonner naked pics. He is THAT sexy

LockBeard
02-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Fact. The Spurs would have lost last night w/o Bonner. Fact.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-20-2009, 11:18 AM
The nice thing about Bonner is that he's out of his head and in the moment, just playing and going with the flow. So his natural ability can come out.

It was really cool last night because you could hear the crowd collectively groan every time Bonner got the pass and he was open and started to go into his shooting motion. They KNEW redhead was about to nail them with another three. I've had that exact thing happen to me a couple of times playing ball and it felt like a shot of electricity had just jolted me. It was like the crowd knew that I was on a roll and I fed off their energy, even though it was negative.

Bonner was interviewed after the ABC game against the Celtics and the reporter asked him about stress and pressure. He said something like, "There's no pressure, Pop took all that away. It's a thoughtless process. I just shoot when I'm open." THAT is absolutely the perfect Zen basketball attitude.

xtremesteven33
02-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Bonner is gonna be fantastic coming off the bench in the playoffs :tu

Holt's Cat
02-20-2009, 11:38 AM
He's looking now like I thought he would eventually when the Spurs acquired him. The transition took a little longer than expected. He does help to give TD some space inside. He made the Pistons pay last night when they didn't. Still, I like him coming off the bench. He's definitely been a part of the team's success this year. I'm not sure where they'd be without him doing the job he has so far this season. Without him they'd really be in a bind.

Borosai
02-20-2009, 12:19 PM
↓↓↓↓↓