PDA

View Full Version : First found playoff matchups you want to see

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Obviously there is still a long way to go and the West playoff seedings likely won't be set until the last week of the season.

Lakers vs Jazz would be a sweet 1st round.

MI21
02-20-2009, 05:46 AM
From the viewpoint of a Basketball fan, not a Spurs fan, I think Spurs vs Mavs would be pretty exciting.

Lakers vs Suns would certainly be interesting...

Chris
02-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Spurs vs. Portland would be excellent. Easy sweep, then hopefully, Dallas or Houston.

baseline bum
02-20-2009, 06:41 AM
I don't know about the first round, but I'd love to see the Hawks get revenge on Boston in the second.

mystargtr34
02-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Lakers - Suns

Good matchups everywhere.

pauls931
02-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Lakers - Suns

Good matchups everywhere.

Ya, I know you're hoping the suns miracuously knock out the lakers so you don't have to face them and face the suns.

Ghazi
Nuggets-Mavs as it guarantees a 1st round playoff series win for us. :toast

Ghazi
Lakers-Suns isn't a good matchup, the Lakers are 3-0 v the Suns since the Gasol trade.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Nuggets-Mavs as it guarantees a 1st round playoff series win for us. :toast

:lmao is all i need as a response

Nuggets 3-0 this season :toast

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 08:47 AM
and Carmelo is 0-5 in the 1st round of the playoffs :toast

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-20-2009, 09:10 AM
exactly......what better way to end that streak by playing a crappy mavs team :smokin

Killakobe81
02-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Best 1st round would be ...(competityive not looking for easy out)

Spurs vs. suns
Lakers vs. Blazers
Nuggets vs. Rockets
Jazz vs. Hornets

Matchups/Storyline ...
Paul vs. Dwill Who is REALLY the better PG when it counts?
Oden vs. Bynum Kobe vs. Roy Who can recover from injury who is the better closer?
Can the Suns FINALLY beat the Spurs? Duncan vs. shaq Bowen vs. Nash, Hill vs. parker
Who will FINALLY get out of the 1st round? Nene vs. Yao Melo vs. Artest Landry vs. Kmart ...
Right now i have Mavs out of playoffs ...but Could see them knocking out someon also i doubt Blazers drop to 8th ... but they did fll out of the plyoffs last year so i chose them to fall to 8th

N4th4n
02-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Lakers-Suns isn't a good matchup, the Lakers are 3-0 v the Suns since the Gasol trade.

One of those games was Shaq'a first game as a sun. One of those games was after this Diaw/Bell trade with Shaq hurt. Take what you will from that recrod.

IronMexican
02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I think the T-Wolves would be an EXCELLENT first round match for LA.

pauls931
02-20-2009, 10:04 AM
One of those games was Shaq'a first game as a sun. One of those games was after this Diaw/Bell trade with Shaq hurt. Take what you will from that recrod.

Good memory and if I recall both were winable for the suns, not blowouts.

N4th4n
02-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Good memory and if I recall both were winable for the suns, not blowouts.

They were both very close through 3. Laker fans are deluding them selves if they think the Suns will be an easy match. Infact we dont know what the match up will be like. The Suns team that makes the playoffs wont be compairable to anything we have seen this year.

dickface
02-20-2009, 10:14 AM
funny how a couple blowouts against one of the worst teams in the league will get Suns fans bold enough to think they can take on the Lakers. They're still the most delusional fanbase on SpursTalk.

If they meet in the 1st round, Lakers sweep and win by double digits every game.

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm just wondering if we will ever lose to the Suns. 4-0 last season and 2 double digit victories this season. I think the Suns will be a different team when we play them again, but Nash has troubling running with Chris Paul. Plus, Amare has troubling defending West.

Indazone
02-20-2009, 11:09 AM
There is no easy path through the Western Conference Finals. Each team could get hot and knock off any other team.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 11:28 AM
^ That's not true at all, that was more true last year when 8 teams had 50-57 wins.

This year it's the Lakers all the way barring fluke shots and injuries.

No team gets hot for 3 straight series. Maybe 1 like the fluke bullshit the Warriors pulled off in 07 (but it was a bad matchup regardless, so some might say they didnt "get hot"), but quickly "cooled off" v the Jazz.

nkdlunch
02-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Spurs vs. Mavs

payback time

nkdlunch
02-20-2009, 11:35 AM
There is no easy path through the Western Conference Finals. Each team could get hot and knock off any other team.

u on crack.

Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz are gonna sleepwalk through Round 1

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 11:48 AM
u on crack.

Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz are gonna sleepwalk through Round 1

No.

Rapper
02-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Beloved Spurs VS Worthless Mavs

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-20-2009, 11:58 AM
I think Lakers Suns is the obvious one here. Even though the Suns would probably lose, Kobe vs. Shaq is always legit.

xtremesteven33
02-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Best 1st round would be ...(competityive not looking for easy out)

Spurs vs. suns
Lakers vs. Blazers
Nuggets vs. Rockets
Jazz vs. Hornets

Matchups/Storyline ...
Paul vs. Dwill Who is REALLY the better PG when it counts?
Oden vs. Bynum Kobe vs. Roy Who can recover from injury who is the better closer?
Can the Suns FINALLY beat the Spurs? Duncan vs. shaq Bowen vs. Nash, Hill vs. parker
Who will FINALLY get out of the 1st round? Nene vs. Yao Melo vs. Artest Landry vs. Kmart ...
Right now i have Mavs out of playoffs ...but Could see them knocking out someon also i doubt Blazers drop to 8th ... but they did fll out of the plyoffs last year so i chose them to fall to 8th

:tu

mavs>spurs2
02-20-2009, 12:18 PM
mavs aren't missing the playoffs, jackass

I never really understood why it became "cool" to shit on the mavs for no good reason. You see it from fans of almost any other team. were pretty irrelevant right now to the point where I don't see why you guys bother anymore. but cmon, we aren't missing the playoffs

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 12:22 PM
We're not outta the woods yet.

urunobili
02-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Lakers Suns
Spurs Mavs

xtremesteven33
02-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Well Amare is out so i guess it will be a Mavs vs Spurs 1st round.

xtremesteven33
02-20-2009, 12:37 PM
mavs aren't missing the playoffs, jackass

I never really understood why it became "cool" to shit on the mavs for no good reason. You see it from fans of almost any other team. were pretty irrelevant right now to the point where I don't see why you guys bother anymore. but cmon, we aren't missing the playoffs

there ya go Beavis

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 12:41 PM
We're officially out of the woods :)

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Well Amare is out so i guess it will be a Mavs vs Spurs 1st round.

Dude you guys haven't clinched the division yet. Only 3 games up in the loss column.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Dude you guys haven't clinched the division yet. Only 3 games up in the loss column.

4 after tonight.

xtremesteven33
02-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Yea but i dont think the Hornets can catch up to be honest with you. I just hope you guys can eliminate the Lakers before we play them

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Yea but i dont think the Hornets can catch up to be honest with you. I just hope you guys can eliminate the Lakers before we play them

Actually I think we have a shot to catch Denver for the 3rd spot. If we beat them at home in our last meeting of the season we will have the tie-breaker potentially setting up a rematch in the WC semis. :toast

Girasuck
02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
The easiest match up for us in the playoffs would be against the Hornets so I'm all for a Jazz/Hornets first round.

Honestly though...I really believe we'll get to the #4 seed. Does anyone want to play us in the 1st round with a healthy team and home court advantage? I think not.

Ditty
02-20-2009, 01:32 PM
lakers vs jazz- i have a feeling the lakers are going to get pushed to the limit but will win the series
spurs vs blazers-revenge of the old days we'll win in 5 games
nuggets vs mavs-nuggets will win a exciting series in 6 games
hornets vs rockets- i would love a healthy hornets to win and have a good series against the lakers in the second round

sorry suns i feel yall could beat LA but stoudemire out theres now ay yall will make it theres next year but hopefully we'll steal matt barnes from yall

Red Hawk #21
02-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Hawks VS Heat
Suns vs Lakers

Allanon
02-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Good series:
Blazers vs Spurs - Size, talent and athleticism vs experience
Lakers vs Jazz - Celtics of the West vs the Lakers
Suns vs Mavs - two teams who have a knack for giving away a victory

Guaranteed wins:

Jazz vs Hornets - Has CP3 ever beaten DWill?
Hornets vs Suns - For some crazy reason, Suns just can't beat the Hornets

xtremesteven33
02-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Blazers vs Lakers- Score, Score, Score......I can see all games over the 110 pt mark.

Hornets vs Jazz- CP3 vs DWILL....enough said

Spurs vs Mavericks- Seems like every game is close and physical. VERY heated rivalry.

Rockets vs Nuggets- Eh not really a great matchup but its different

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Good series:
Blazers vs Spurs - Size, talent and athleticism vs experience
Lakers vs Jazz - Celtics of the West vs the Lakers
Suns vs Mavs - two teams who have a knack for giving away a victory

Guaranteed wins:

Jazz vs Hornets - Has CP3 ever beaten DWill?
Hornets vs Suns - For some crazy reason, Suns just can't beat the Hornets

How the fuck are the Jazz the Celtics of the West?

SpursDynasty
02-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Lakers vs Jazz, only because it would be great to get LA out of the playoffs in the first round.

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Even w/ Bynum out, it's just inconceivable to picture a WC team beating LA 4 out of 7 times. Maybe that'll change over the next couple months, but right now it looks like a runaway. The Jazz and the Spurs (with manu) could give the Lakers trouble, but nobody else right now.

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Lakers vs Jazz, only because it would be great to get LA out of the playoffs in the first round.

:lmao If that ends up being the 1-8 matchup I'll make a wager on that series w/ you. Something tells me you'll go AWOL tho:rolleyes

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Fuck everyone drinking the Jazz kool aid now. They're still garbage on the road and offer little defensive resistance, other than fouling.

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Fuck everyone drinking the Jazz kool aid now. They're still garbage on the road and offer little defensive resistance, other than fouling.

The Jazz are dangerous b/c they represent a matchup problem for almost every team they play. I agree, we gotta see more of them first before we drink the kool aid--but if their recent play is any indication--they'll be a force come playoff time (especially w/ Boozer coming back)

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Jazz look like world beaters at home, nothing new. The fucking TWolves have a better road record though, the T-WOLVES.

Kai
02-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Since we're talking about the matchups I want to see, it would have to involve the Rockets. I'd love to see a Rockets/Mavs series, but wouldn't mind a series against the Nuggets, Jazz, or Hornets. I think we would have a good shot at winning all of those.

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Since we're talking about the matchups I want to see, it would have to involve the Rockets. I'd love to see a Rockets/Mavs series, but wouldn't mind a series against the Nuggets, Jazz, or Hornets. I think we would have a good shot at winning all of those.

Without a T-Mac, you guys would struggle against us. T-Mac was a nightmare for us in the past. Chandler always does well against Yao. I don't think Artest can take over games like T-Mac can. Without T-Mac on the floor, CP3 will control the game.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Just like he controlled 4th quarter of game 7 last year deferring to Jannero muthafuckin pargo.

crc21209
02-20-2009, 03:13 PM
The Suns look like theyre gonna struggle to make the playoffs now without Amare. Even so, I expect the Hornets, Blazers, Mavs, Jazz, Rockets, and Suns to battle for the 4 thru 8 spots with 1 team being left out. I think the 1-3 seeds will be between the Lakers, Spurs, and Nuggets.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Nuggets are such a fraud it ain't even funny.

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

The regular season is gonna be crazy fun to watch down the stretch, especially seeds 2 through 9 because there's so much uncertainty surrounding each team:

2. Denver: Are they overacheiving? Will they come back to earth or are they that good?
3. San Antonio: How will they hold up over the next 3 weeks w/o Manu?
4. Portland: young and talented, but can they maintain the poise they've had for the stretch run despite no playoff experience?
5. New Orleans: They've been jekyll and hyde all year, can they finish the season strong now that trade rumors have been put to rest?
6. Houston: injuries, injuries, injuries. Can they finally make it out of the first round now that T-Mac is done?
7. Dallas: Can they make a run (w/o JET) to get a homecourt seed? W/o one they are one and done.
8. Utah: only 5.5 games out of 2nd seed with 27 games to play. Jazz are playing the hottest ball and getting healthy at the right time. Can they win on the road (+1 Ghazi)? Homecourt vital to this team.
9. Phoenix: soo many questions, but they'll need a miracle to make it w/ amare gone now.

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Nuggets are such a fraud it ain't even funny.

I don't think you guys would matchup well against Denver. They're big men would slow down Dirk, Carmelo would outplay Howard, and Billups would produce more than Kidd since he can actually hit an open jumper.

Kai
02-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Without a T-Mac, you guys would struggle against us. T-Mac was a nightmare for us in the past. Chandler always does well against Yao. I don't think Artest can take over games like T-Mac can. Without T-Mac on the floor, CP3 will control the game.

Yao has destroyed Chandler time and time again. I don't know what you've been watching. you do have a point about T-Mac, but regardless if it's a superstar or not, the Hornets seem to have trouble with talented wing players, whether it be Wafer or Artest.

Paul will have his hands full guarding both of our lightning quick PG's. Not saying he wont still drop 40/10 on us though. :toast

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't think you guys would matchup well against Denver. They're big men would slow down Dirk, Carmelo would outplay Howard, and Billups would produce more than Kidd since he can actually hit an open jumper.

Dirk muthafuckin torched their asses last time. Carmelo muthafuckin sucks in the playoffs (as did J-Ho last year, WASH).

We'd probably be dogs, but that doesn't change the fact that they're fuckin frauds. Their record is only good because of an inordinately high win % against shit teams, but they hover around 40% against good teams. Which is worse than even Dallas. (one of their wins v us was a fluke too, so its actually under 40%).

Red Hawk #21
02-20-2009, 03:23 PM
I seriously think people are underrating Denver

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Yao has destroyed Chandler time and time again. I don't know what you've been watching. you do have a point about T-Mac, but regardless if it's a superstar or not, the Hornets seem to have trouble with talented wing players, whether it be Wafer or Artest.

Paul will have his hands full guarding both of our lightning quick PG's. Not saying he wont still drop 40/10 on us though. :toast

Fucking Butler and Peja as your wings will do that to a team.

Pelicans78
02-20-2009, 03:25 PM

I don't see where Yao has destroyed Chandler often. Yao may put up better stats, put Chandler's job is to defend and rebound. Yao doesn't put up monster games often against the Hornets' Maybe once a year, but not that often. Also, Wafer is a spot up shooter. I still remember Kirk Snyder posterizing him when Wafer played for the Lakers.

Honestly, without T-Mac, I think we would win the series. The only teams who would give us problems in a 7 game series is LA, Spurs, and the Jazz.

1Parker1
02-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Lakers vs Blazers would be awesome to see in the first round...especially if all players are healthy for both teams.

ManuTP9
02-20-2009, 04:09 PM
i want to see Lakers vs Blazers for the first round so the Blazers will beat LA in 7 making it an upset

Kai
02-20-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't see where Yao has destroyed Chandler often. Yao may put up better stats, put Chandler's job is to defend and rebound. Yao doesn't put up monster games often against the Hornets' Maybe once a year, but not that often. Also, Wafer is a spot up shooter. I still remember Kirk Snyder posterizing him when Wafer played for the Lakers.

Honestly, without T-Mac, I think we would win the series. The only teams who would give us problems in a 7 game series is LA, Spurs, and the Jazz.

Wafer is more than a spot up shooter. If you've watched any of his games this year where he actually played, you would see that he can be very aggressive attacking the basket, especially if his shot isn't falling.

I honestly feel Yao has played very, very well against the Hornets, more so than he does against most other teams. Having only Tyson to defend him will do that for him. He normally struggles when other teams have multiple bigs to throw at him. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though when it comes to Yao's stats against Yall, since I'm just basing all of this off of my memory.

All that being said, I would agree that New Orleans would be favorited to beat the Rockets in a series. I'm not saying that I'm sure we'd beat yall, I just feel like we would have a decent shot at winning.

j-money24
02-20-2009, 08:49 PM
portland actually scares me, they are a bad matchup for us.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 08:56 PM
portland actually scares me, they are a bad matchup for us.

Only at teh Rose

tlongII
02-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I seriously think people are underrating Denver

Same here. I've been waiting for them to slow down all got dam season! :madrun

tlongII
02-20-2009, 09:33 PM
I'd love to play the Lakers in the 2nd round, but not the 1st round.