PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Ludden on Camby

jiggy_55
02-20-2009, 05:25 AM
I don't know if this has been posted, but it's depressing to see it this way :depressed. I didn't know we were so close to making it happen:

Ludden: The San Antonio Spurs thought they had a deal all but done for Los Angeles Clippers center Marcus Camby only to see it unravel at the deadline.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqXRyR8YH_XChk1fG7ubL3u8vLYF?slug=jy-tradewinnerslosers022009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

jiggy_55
02-20-2009, 05:28 AM
Continuation:

LOSERS

• Marcus Camby

The Spurs offered what the Clippers wanted for Camby, thought they had a deal then watched as Clippers owner Donald Sterling suddenly had a moment of clarity.

Wait … you mean we’re trading the GOOD center?

Instead of joining a contending team, Camby will continue to share a locker room with Ricky Davis.

timtonymanu
02-20-2009, 05:32 AM
really heartbreaking, but at least we know the Spurs were offering something. We could have reunited KT and Camby and got them a ring after we took the chance away from them in 99.

As much as I like Camby, at least we still have George Hill with us. Hopefully Bonner can really step up his game. Sorry to say i still can't trust him in the clutch. Hopefully this just turns out like 07 for us.

MI21
02-20-2009, 05:35 AM
:madrun

angelbelow
02-20-2009, 05:52 AM
:(

DBMethos
02-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Wonder what the package for Camby was?

EricB
02-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Bowen, Oberto, George Hill, and someone else.

in other words.

a freaking steal.

I Love Me Some Me
02-20-2009, 08:21 AM
That would've locked up the next 2 titles for us.

SenorSpur
02-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Think Camby wouldn't have been happy coming to a championship contender?

NFGIII
02-20-2009, 11:44 AM
If I understand this correctly it was Sterling the owner and not the FO turned down the deal?! Wow that's incredible. I would have not liked losing Hill but getting Camby for C would have been great for us. That is just what we need now even though b/u PGs are hard to find. And we would be stuck with JV doing just that. Manu and Mason could handle some of the duties but I think Pop would have to use JV at times. I guess that would be a neccessary trade off but it would have definitely improved our chances of getting a title this year.

Agloco
02-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Bowen, Oberto, George Hill, and someone else.

in other words.

a freaking steal.

Just those three as I understood it. I'm not familiar with the salaries and how they match tho. Someone posted that they thought Bowen would be cut and return to the Spurs? I don't see that happening tho. Camby for Oberto and Hill essentially? No way.

EricB
02-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Bowen would've been a cut and comeback in 30 deal no question in my mind.

Holt's Cat
02-20-2009, 11:59 AM
The salaries of Bowen, Oberto and Hill were sufficient to match Camby's salary under the CBA.

Agloco
02-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Bowen would've been a cut and comeback in 30 deal no question in my mind.

The salaries of Bowen, Oberto and Hill were sufficient to match Camby's salary under the CBA.

Holy shit......

Amazing. What a trade if that went through.

I can see why Sterling nixed that shit.

Libri
02-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Camby did say once that he would liked to have Manu as a teammate.

superbigtime
02-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Damn that's a shame. Tell me again why we didn't get Camby when he didn't return to the Nuggets? Did our FO not have a shot at him at that time? I don't think Nate woulda gone off for 30+ and shredded our "interior D" with Camby on our squad. Damn damn damn.

EricB
02-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Damn that's a shame. Tell me again why we didn't get Camby when he didn't return to the Nuggets? Did our FO not have a shot at him at that time? I don't think Nate woulda gone off for 30+ and shredded our "interior D" with Camby on our squad. Damn damn damn.

He was traded to the Clippers so the Nuggets could dump salary and get away from the lux tax.

The Nuggets weren't gonna trade the Spurs a good shotblocking bigman and make the Spurs unbeatable.

dbestpro
02-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Spilled milk.

superbigtime
02-20-2009, 12:29 PM
He was traded to the Clippers so the Nuggets could dump salary and get away from the lux tax.

The Nuggets weren't gonna trade the Spurs a good shotblocking bigman and make the Spurs unbeatable.

Ah, thanks. What the heck did the Clips give the Nuggets in return? Damn Sterling for nixing this deal.

superbigtime
02-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Spilled milk.

snifff

tmtcsc
02-20-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't know why we even talk to those assholes. They do this shit every year it seems. That's why they're the Clippers. In fact, had they done it, they probably would have held on to Bowen instead of cutting him (as would be agreed ala Brent Barry). They are just worthless.

I think Camby is just what Tim needs and he might be on our team in the future. Damn Clippers.

EricB
02-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Ah, thanks. What the heck did the Clips give the Nuggets in return? Damn Sterling for nixing this deal.

Good question, I can't remember off the top of my head, but it was pretty much the Clippers had the capspace and the Nuggets got bailed out from the lux tax for it.

If the Spurs were to trade they would've had to give players to the Nuggets who would've been on the books and done them no good as well.

crc21209
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Something I found on the LA Clippers board at ESPN:

Rumor is Camby needs ear surgery

I read that he needs surgery to repair a torn eardrum...anyone else hear this? If true this is pretty sad given we'll never see our full team on the court this year. The ear is a pretty sensitive thing and helps coordinate balance so if he has surgery my guess is he'll be out for awhile

RE: On the post game radio show either Ralph or Brian said that he already had surgery on his ear to put tubes in. Supposedely his eardrum burst on one of the flights.

RE: If it is a burst ear drum, then no surgery is required. Nature will take its course.

As for putting tubes into his ears, not sure the reasoning there. If Marcus was sick with a head cold,which sounds likely, he would have had a huge amount of pressure building up behind his ear drum, hence it bursting. That is natures way of alleviating the pressure so the need for tubes seems redundant.

I can't imagine him missing too much time.( yes, forever the optimist).

Anyone else think that if something could possibly threaten his season because of his ear that this trade NOT going down is a blessing in disguise?

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nba&id=lac&tid=4303990&lid=2

InK
02-20-2009, 01:10 PM
so depressing

Ditty
02-20-2009, 01:11 PM
i hope the spurs can offer something in offseason to get him if rasheed is asking for too much

Ditty
02-20-2009, 01:12 PM

I read that he needs surgery to repair a torn eardrum...anyone else hear this? If true this is pretty sad given we'll never see our full team on the court this year. The ear is a pretty sensitive thing and helps coordinate balance so if he has surgery my guess is he'll be out for awhile

RE: On the post game radio show either Ralph or Brian said that he already had surgery on his ear to put tubes in. Supposedely his eardrum burst on one of the flights.

RE: If it is a burst ear drum, then no surgery is required. Nature will take its course.

As for putting tubes into his ears, not sure the reasoning there. If Marcus was sick with a head cold,which sounds likely, he would have had a huge amount of pressure building up behind his ear drum, hence it bursting. That is natures way of alleviating the pressure so the need for tubes seems redundant.

Anyone else think that if something could possibly threaten his season because of his ear that this trade NOT going down is a blessing in disguise?

well would't he have failed a physical?

if a ear is part of the physical :lol

PDXSpursFan
02-20-2009, 01:14 PM
that would've locked up the next 2 titles for us.

+1

Agloco
02-20-2009, 01:20 PM

Green - Wrong. Once the membrane heals up again the pressure problem (otic barotrauma) would manifest itself once more if the problem were related to a Eustachian Tube malformation.

Red - The rationale for placing tubes in the ear is to perform the function which your Eustachian Tube would normally. The tube runs from the inferior aspect of your middle ear to your pharynx. Ordinarily when open, the pressure difference is transmitted down the tube into the pharynx. When closed, the pressure backs up and can rupture the ear drum.

Balance can be an issue, but it depends on how involved the inner ear is.