PDA

View Full Version : Duncan: "It'd be great if I could be LeBron James".

mogrovejo
02-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Tim Duncan would like to be LeBron (at least for a day):

Tim Duncan: "That's a tough one. Probably LeBron. I just want to know what it feels like to be a 6-8, 260-pound guy that can just fly. That would be great, that would be fun."OTOH, Duncan's idol would love to be Garnett:

For LeBron, it took more than a minute to answer. He needed a day to think. Then, when he did settle on one player, it explained more about his total understanding and appreciation of the game. Read deep into his answer and you'll find many answers on why he is who he is and why he is who he's going to be.
"KG," LeBron said. "The game, the personality, everything. Plus, he has a ring. If I could be one other player, it would be KG."
I think this answer reveals why is LeBron James such a scary player for the rest of the league, he just has a great mindset.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/090216

Brazil
02-20-2009, 07:19 AM
a great mindset to whish to become like KG ?

mystargtr34
02-20-2009, 07:20 AM
The personality?

Lol.

MI21
02-20-2009, 07:26 AM
LeBron wants to be a douche?

DespЏrado
02-20-2009, 07:27 AM
And the point of this is?

Duncan, if you know him, doesn't always give a straight up answer to stupid questions. And this my friend is a stupid question. I mean I can understand why people ask rookies who they model their game after, but asking a current player what other player they would be in the nba is straight up ridiculous, especially when asking a player like Duncan who is regularly referred to as the best power forward to ever play, and one of the most decorated players of his generation in any sport. Duncan is Duncan, and there isn't anyone in the NBA he should rather be.

Rapper
02-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Leborn James: "That's a tough one. Probably Timmy. I just want to know what it feels like to be a 6-11, 250-pound guy that can just deminite. That would be great, that would be fun."

Rapper
02-20-2009, 07:35 AM
KG sucks

I don't wanna give a damn to him

Hopefully Timmy will kick his ass ASAP

mogrovejo
02-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by mogrovejo http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3129078#post3129078)
Leborn James: "That's a tough one. Probably Timmy. I just want to know what it feels like to be a 6-11, 250-pound guy that can just deminite. That would be great, that would be fun."

If that was his answer, this thread would already be opened. :lol

mogrovejo
02-20-2009, 07:39 AM
And the point of this is?

To annoy the Spurs homers and KG haters. ;)

Seriously, it's a decent article, there are some funny answers there. eg:

Amare Stoudemire: "I'd trade places with Shaq. Man, he's a 15-time All-Star and he's my teammate. Plus, if I traded places with him I'd be closer to me (loud laugh)."

Chauncey Billups' classic and unexpected answer: "A.I. So I can get my Detroit No. 1 [jersey] back."

MI21
02-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Calling duncan228 for the quote in which LeBron says something along the lines of wishing he was as good as Tim Duncan :)

(I swear I'm remembering that correctly!)

mathbzh
02-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Amare Stoudemire: "I'd trade places with Shaq. Man, he's a 15-time All-Star and he's my teammate. Plus, if I traded places with him I'd be closer to me (loud laugh)."

One good reason not to be Shaq IMO

polandprzem
02-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Umm once in an interview with Tim, KG and T-mac Duncan said that he would love to have 40 inch vertical, so no surprize there.

eisfeld
02-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Kevin Garnett: Man, I'm good with me. I good with me. I hear about all these other problems these other players have and I'll take my little problems and run with them. That's if you want to call them problems. I respect everyone's ability here, I respect everybody on how they got here, I respect everyone whose team is successful and how they got to this point. Every All-Star here is well deserving, but being someone else? Naw. Other than wanting to fit in a regular shower or something, other than that, I'm cool."

I respect everyone whose team is successful... :rollin

BWS-1994
02-20-2009, 08:27 AM
LBJ's answer generated more questions. :lol

Ray Allen: "I like myself. I really love who I am." :toast

Spurminator
02-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Amare Stoudemire: "Plus, if I traded places with him I'd be closer to me (loud laugh)."

That is SO unexpected from Amare....

703 Spurz
02-20-2009, 10:47 AM

:lol

DDS4
02-20-2009, 10:54 AM
I'd like to be Dwight Howard. Probably the only one on earth who can easily dunk on a 12 foot rim.

rasho8
02-20-2009, 10:59 AM
KG actually sucks, but he doesn't suck as bad as your son does. at least KG can tell the difference between nipples and your dick. how old is your son? I just want to know if your son has grown his teeth.

it's really a bad idea to let your son suck your dick when he has teeth in his mouth, he may hurt your dick with his teeth once he gets annoyed by your bad-tasting urine. if that happens, my friend, I'm afraid you will have to borrow some napkins from your wife. :lmao

Wow... so.. didnt we institute a no creepy pedophile rule a while back?

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Get this trash the fuck out of here.

Rogue
02-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Wow... so.. didnt we institute a no creepy pedophile rule a while back?

:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Get this trash the fuck out of here.
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Indazone
02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Garnett is an idiot. Why would anyone want his personality?

Universe
02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
So LeBron will be traded to a team with two other All-Stars to win?

Rogue
02-20-2009, 11:16 AM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes
http://www.nbadimensions.net/forums/images/smilies/iono.gifhttp://www.nbadimensions.net/forums/images/smilies/noidea.gif

nkdlunch
02-20-2009, 11:17 AM
If I took Zianax mixed with coke I could be Garnett too

peskypesky
02-20-2009, 11:26 AM

:rollin

temujin
02-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Garnett is an idiot. Why would anyone want his personality?

Because if you are James, that would be an upgrade.

mogrovejo
02-22-2009, 08:15 AM
LBJ's answer generated more questions. :lol

:toast

He said he wanted to be KG, so no surprise. Spurs' fans obsession with Garnett is hilarious.

whottt
02-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Dude...the only person obsessed with KG around here is you. In fact it's kind of scary just how obsessed you are with him.

whottt
02-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Garnett is better doing everything else, but, more importantly, he's probably the best pick'n'roll defender to ever play the game.

:lol