PDA

View Full Version : 760 vs 1250

tonylongoriafan
02-20-2009, 09:30 AM
in case ya'll missed it yesterday...i'm kinda of enjoying this.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117527&page=2

Ay Dios Mio peeps.

Clearly this has gone way too far. I made a quick little flippant post giving the guys at ESPN some hell about their Rasheed Wallace rumor earlier in the week. All in good fun, little did I know that he would take the bait.....hook, line, and sinker.

So, the next thing I know, I get a phone call from a buddy asking why they are calling me a "bitch" on their radio show. (Classy by the way) I mean, trust me, I'm flattered that they would take time out of the show to mention my name. But I didn't think they would have the sissy fit over it.

All I know, is that I've supported Spurstalk from day one, never turned my back here, and I posted before I was ever on air.

So I guess he wants an apology.

So here it is.

Dear Mr. Duel,

I apologize about replying in a humorous tongue-in-cheek manner to the page 3 of a Spurs message board on the internet. Had I known it would have been grounds to upset you, or merit the "bitch" comment on your show, surely, I wouldn't have done so. So please accept my humble apology, and know that I will not try to have a little harmless fun in the future.

Cordially,
Peter J Burns

And by the record. Please ban Jimmy Bobby. This guy is a bigger douche than Sequ. (At least Sequ will find humor in that, unlike others)

Burning Peter,

No apology necessary, no apology requested.

I just find it hilarious that you, supposedly working at the "established" sports station in this town, are so obsessed with the station that you and so many others have tried to dismiss for the past 12 months.

I smell fear.

You learned nothing from Andrew "Yoda" Ashwood.

You can take shots at me. I don't give a sh*t. But when you LIE, I'm going to call you out. That's all. No more. No less.

And Mouse,

How much weed are you smoking? You used to be funny and brilliant. You had no bigger fan than me. Back at 'OAI I was told by the producer/board-op not to take your calls because he said you were an "idiot."

I strongly disagreed and fought for you. Both at 'OAI and KTSA. I knew you were the best caller in the market. That's how J.T. "The Brick" got a gig: he was a caller to the Jim Rome Show first.

Sadly, that was then and this is now. Now you have to use your 20+ different internet identities to pile on me and others in very uncreative and unfunny ways. Whatever.

Then, you MAKE UP a LIE that I banned Burning Peter from our radio show. Never happened. No one is banned. Dissenting callers go to the top of the list.

If Burning Peter calls in, we will take his call immediately.

Even if you, Mouse, a drugged-out shell of your former self, call in, we will take the call immediately. And I will hope you are coherent.

I feel dirty, and have to go shower now after engaging the likes of you two on this message board.

Nighty, Night, bitches.

Chris

stxspurs
02-20-2009, 09:42 AM
only way to end this is to strip down to thier jammies for a good ol pillow fight

PeterBurns
02-20-2009, 09:52 AM
C'mon. You know I'd whip his ass.
Wallace to Spurs...lol.
Garrett to St. Louis.....
Talking about me on their show several shows.

Dynamite journalism Woodward

hater
02-20-2009, 09:56 AM
just get a room already.

can't you see you are both in love with each other?

S_A_Longhorn
02-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Wasn't this the same station that yesterday said that Rasheed to Spurs was done, and that Manu was out for the year. Just saying... ;)

So it was a joke, huh?

That's as funny as the guys on the Grind asking Mr. T if Manu was going play in the Detroit game at 6:55 PM that night. Funny, since Don Harris confirmed with the Spurs that Manu wasn't going to play on the current road trip. He confirmed it on his sportscast at 6:20pm and on Chris' & Jason's show even earlier in the day.

How come your station didn't know this basic info?

With your history of trashing 1250 on these forums, your joke was lame and your back-peddling is even worse.

Just saying... ;)

AlamoSpursFan
02-20-2009, 09:58 AM
One station has the lovely and talented Dawn Murphy.

The other doesn't.

[/thread]

S_A_Longhorn
02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
And one station employs Peter Burns.

The other doesn't.

EricB
02-20-2009, 10:04 AM
C'mon. You know I'd whip his ass.
Wallace to Spurs...lol.
Garrett to St. Louis.....
Talking about me on their show several shows.

Dynamite journalism Woodward

:lol

Damn, in a tight spot...

I Love Me Some Me
02-20-2009, 10:04 AM
This argument is settled with one simple question.

Who gets better ratings?

stxspurs
02-20-2009, 10:05 AM
duel is just as annoying as taylor.....

stxspurs
02-20-2009, 10:06 AM
time slots are different

AlamoSpursFan
02-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Dynamite journalism, Woodward.

Fixed.

Sincerely,

http://douggeivett.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/strunk-and-white.jpg

MoSpur
02-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I can say I listen to Andy and Peter in the morning because of the fact they talk about the Spurs a lot more than Mike and Mike, but then they are talking about something else I don't like I do switch to Mike and Mike. After Andy and Peter are done, I switch to 1250 because I really don't like Rome and cannot stand Taylor and Jim Bob.

Sii
02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Mike and Mike kicks the shit out of the 760 morning show - local content or not

outside jt the brick..who I like there isnt much reason to listen to 760 anymore...ESPN's national programming is better than Fox Sports Radio

EricB
02-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Mike and mike sucks ass.

tmtcsc
02-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Taylor and Jim Bob are worthless hacks. Find your asses back to Dallas. This town has no need for you and your "puro" bullshit holmes.

Better yet, go to Houston and get a gig where you play cheerleader for the Texans...now that would be funny. Ooooo look Mikey, a hot babe has hard nipples ! Yippeeee...

urunobili
02-20-2009, 10:56 AM
it'd be nice to have a showdow thread.. where they can battle to death on posting on spurs knowledge.... Kori could be the mediator... :wakeup

Walter Day
02-20-2009, 11:07 AM
face it until Duel and Peter get a show together we will never be 100% happy.

Shastafarian
02-20-2009, 11:09 AM
People still listen to radio?

NRHector
02-20-2009, 11:16 AM
only way to end this is to strip down to thier jammies for a good ol pillow fighthell no, is hard to imagine that

NRHector
02-20-2009, 11:19 AM
I can say I listen to Andy and Peter in the morning because of the fact they talk about the Spurs a lot more than Mike and Mike, but then they are talking about something else I don't like I do switch to Mike and Mike. After Andy and Peter are done, I switch to 1250 because I really don't like Rome and cannot stand Taylor and Jim Bob.:tu

nkdlunch
02-20-2009, 11:22 AM
I can't comprehend how some ppl listen to radio all day.

I can only take 15 mins a day of talk radio.

Evil Angel
02-20-2009, 11:45 AM
When I listen to sports talk radio, I want to hear sports, not politics, cheer leading or other bullshit.

MavTalker
02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
When I listen to sports talk radio, I want to hear sports, not politics, cheer leading or other bullshit.

When your stuck in traffic and don't want to hear fog hat's Slow ride being played every 60 minutes by some wannabe hippys that think they know what classic rock is?
you will eventually switch to Talk radio, the shows are really aimed at the folks in their cars and trucks.

ElNono
02-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Who are these guys anyways?

EricB
02-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Peter Burns hosts a morning show on 760 here in SA thats really good and Chris Duel hosts a damn good afternoon show on 1250 here in SA as well.

Taco
02-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Peter Burns hosts a morning show on 760 here in SA thats really good and Chris Duel hosts a damn good afternoon show on 1250 here in SA as well.

:tu

Heat Miser
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I have been on hold for 20 minutes fuck these assholes.

purist
02-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Duel show transcript:

On the cowboys....

Duel: I love me some T.O.
Jason: cut T.O.
Duel: In Jerry we trust.
Jason: bang!
Caller: T.O. has got to go.
Duel: T.O. is the man.

on the spurs....
Duel: the sky is falling, the season is over.
Jason: no it's not
Duel: why did Pop sit the big three?
caller: in Pop we trust
Duel: but why did Pop sit the big three?
Jason: ask Jay Howad. bang!

Ticket's morning show:

Andy: I want to have sex with Tiger Woods.
Peter: Andy, you're old and drive a mini van.
Andy: go OU
Peter: I want me some cougars
Andy: Let's talk baseball
Peter: let's not
Andy: UTSA played last night
Peter: really?
Andy: I love Tiger
Peter: we know

Pretty much sums up both shows.

Cane
02-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Yea, talk radio blows as does all radio really. Its the equivalent of listening to one forum poster until they are forced to shut up.

LockBeard
02-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Duel show transcript:

On the cowboys....

on the spurs....

Ticket's morning show:

/thread :toast

EricB
02-20-2009, 05:51 PM
If you don't like it, don't post about it.

That simple.

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2009, 05:57 PM
If you don't like it, don't post about it.

That simple.

Come on -- it can be fun to ridicule those who get overly worked up about this kind of stuff. . . .

That's true whether you like the shows, the format, both, or neither.

:)

purist
02-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Just cuz they can be annoying, doesn't mean I don't like them. I understand sports topics can be hard to come by at times. But part of the joy in listening is making fun of their more annoying traits on boards like this one.

Now, stephen a smith, for example, I don't like and won't listen to.

EricB
02-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Come on -- it can be fun to ridicule those who get overly worked up about this kind of stuff. . . .

That's true whether you like the shows, the format, both, or neither.

YOU SHUT UP

jk

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2009, 06:03 PM
YOU SHUT UP

jk

If you don't like it, scroll!!

I demand an apology!!

Bigzax
02-20-2009, 06:08 PM
both stations do a great job of making people long for the days of vex and walter...and that shit ain't easy. props!

Spurminator
02-20-2009, 06:09 PM
1310 owns all.

EricB
02-20-2009, 06:12 PM
If you don't like it, scroll!!

I demand an apology!!

Drink Draino

:cooldevil

EricB
02-20-2009, 06:13 PM
both stations do a great job of making people long for the days of vex and walter...and that shit ain't easy. props!

I'm sorry, I like Vex, I've met him a bunch of times and think he would be great on 1250 in the morning with someone else thats young and fresh, but, Walter to me, outside of his good questioning of Pop and the players, was not a radio show guy, he would tow the national view way too much for my view.

SouthTexasRancher
02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Well if one has nothing else to do than listen to daytime, talk radio, I'd say both beat the hell out of listening to comedians like Rush Limpdick, Sean Littledick and Joe Spags, errrr, I mean Pags...the guy who talks like he is speeding at almost the speed of light inside a Particle Accelerator.

Personally though, I prefer to spend my time lying on a nude beach on a Greek island with this year's Sports Illustrated Swimguit Gals, with a nice, cold libation and a good Rocky Patel Double Corona!!!

:sombrero: :jekka:drunk

Death In June
02-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Mike Taylor is the biggest douche to ever be on radio. 1250 is also terrible. But to be fair, even most nationally syndicated sports radio is shit.

Brian Adams
02-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Duel show transcript:

On the cowboys....

on the spurs....

Ticket's morning show:

EricB aka the wet blanket can kiss my ass this post rules!! :tu

EricB
02-20-2009, 08:21 PM
No thanks.

Taco
02-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Duel show transcript:

On the cowboys....

on the spurs....

Ticket's morning show:

Nathan Explosion
02-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Can someone answer this question for me? Whenever I picture Chris Duel, I get the image of the Comic Book guy from the Simpsons in my head. Why is that?

Anyway, 760 is better than 1250. The ESPN shows are all the same and tow the company line. If I wanted to hear that, I'd watch ESPN. Plus, while Jason is okay, Duel just needs to grow a pair. As I said once before, I think of Ricky Bobby everytime Duel goes on a whiny rant.

"Well, with all due respect, Mr. Dennit, I had no idea you'd gotten experimental surgery to have your balls removed."

The only show 1250 show I listen over a 760 is Bringing It. And that's mostly because I'd rather hear local content than the Clones taking shots at each other and making bad jokes. Rome is cool to listen too.

Oh, and I can't stand the name dropping on the Chris and Jason show. I only listen to them when STSA is in commercial. Then it's back to Mike Taylor as he's far more entertaining, even if he is a D-Bag half the time.

Nathan Explosion
02-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Duel show transcript:

On the cowboys....

on the spurs....

Ticket's morning show:

The bang thing is annoying. Also, they carried on that "Pop sits the big 3" story WAAAYYYY too long.

redskinfan
02-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Who has the hotter wife or ex-wife?

Evil Angel
02-20-2009, 10:49 PM
When your stuck in traffic and don't want to hear fog hat's Slow ride being played every 60 minutes by some wannabe hippys that think they know what classic rock is?
you will eventually switch to Talk radio, the shows are really aimed at the folks in their cars and trucks.
Mav, Not what I meant at all. As I said "When I listen" and that is most times (In traffic and all)... I don't want to hear that other shit. I don't need to hear political views from a sports station. If I wanted that I'd turn the dial and listen to another blow hard down the dial (And trust me, there's too many to chose from)! Must say, I do like the 1250 afternoon show with an exception. When Duel gets on his shit rants it is a little too much to take, even if I agree. I mean come on, USC, golden god, TO, Tom Landry and gods of gone by is getting WAY too old. And if I'm not mistaken, we are in south Texas and who gives a shit about USC! With the exception of the SMALL alums that may tune in. Just give it a rest...
Can you say SPAZ?
Sometimes I think he just didn't take his Ritalin...
And, not that the Tayler Trash is any better. I mean come on, how much pussy can you pimp on your web site and talk about sports to get the peeps???
But if I don't have to hear about the O and can move on, just maybe I can conform.
OK, I doubt it too...
I'm done.
:soapbox:

PS: Foghat is a complete word in the band name. Trust me, old enough to know. Damn, that SUX saying that!!!:wow

Chris Duel
02-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Duel show transcript:

On the cowboys....

on the spurs....

Ticket's morning show:

Okay.

I have to admit... that's funny shit.

Evil Angel