PDA

View Full Version : Thunder to Waive Backup Center Sene

SenorSpur
02-20-2009, 11:32 AM
It looks like OKC is prepared to release a project center. Considering the fact that he's languished on the Sonics/Thunder bench for 2 seasons, does anybody know anything about this guy?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57440/20090220/thunder_to_waive_sene/#

#18. Mouhamed Sene
Height: 7' 0"
Weight: 237 lbs.
Position: Center
College: Senegal (Foreign)
Born: 5th December, 1986
Experience: 2 Seasons

Agloco
02-20-2009, 11:35 AM
It looks like OKC is prepared to release a project center. Considering the fact that he's languished on the Sonics/Thunder bench for 2 seasons, does anybody know anything about this guy?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57440/20090220/thunder_to_waive_sene/#

#18. Mouhamed Sene

Thanks to your post I know that he's good enough to be waived by the leagues worst team after the trade deadline.......:wow

EricB
02-20-2009, 11:36 AM
If the Thunder are giving up on him. ick.

Pretty young though so it wouldn't hurt to throw him in the D League.

Doubt the Spurs go after him though.

EricB
02-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks to your post I know that he's good enough to be waived by the leagues worst team after the trade deadline.......:wow

I wouldn't say they are the worst team.

I'd say Sacramento is much worse.

coyotes_geek
02-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Pretty much just a big body. But, the Spurs need a big body so he needs to go on the list, ranked somewhere inbetween Moore and Pops. Closer to Pops.

Agloco
02-20-2009, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't say they are the worst team.

I'd say Sacramento is much worse.

Those fools could have had a front line of Durant, Chandler and that kid from Oklahoma next season....Griffin?

Add that to Jeff Green and Sefolosha from Chicago......

Oh well

EricB
02-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Those fools could have had a front line of Durant, Chandler and that kid from Oklahoma next season....Griffin?

Add that to Jeff Green and Sefolosha from Chicago......

Oh well

I don't blame them for getting cold feet with Chandler.

The back issue, the ankle, and that much money for a limited skill set.

Presti made the right move IMO.

Agloco
02-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Pretty much just a big body. But, the Spurs need a big body so he needs to go on the list, ranked somewhere inbetween Moore and Pops. Closer to Pops.

Much closer to Pops methinks.......

Rasho's gotta be on that list if for no other reason, experience.

coyotes_geek
02-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Much closer to Pops methinks.......

Rasho's gotta be on that list if for no other reason, experience.

Exactly. The instant Rasho gets waived RC needs to be on the phone with his agent.

Agloco
02-20-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't blame them for getting cold feet with Chandler.

The back issue, the ankle, and that much money for a limited skill set.

Presti made the right move IMO.

I'd agree. At the end of the day Chandler was too expensive a risk, especially given the state of the economy.

Bruno
02-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Sene is an interesting prospect but he isn't ready for the NBA. The trouble is if a NBA team sign him, he can't go in D-League because he is still a 3 years vet.
the best for him would be to sign with a D-League team or in Europe to develop his game.

timaios
02-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Am i the only one to think that Pops is too small ?

Mal
02-20-2009, 11:57 AM
No way, He was released from THUNDER ! I don`t think Spurs might use him

Darkwaters
02-20-2009, 11:59 AM
I know a fair amount about Mouhammed Saer Sene. I tracked him pretty closely when he was drafted. I think hes from Senegal if I remember right. Hes very athletic and incredibly long. Look up his measurements from the pre-draft camp and you'll be amazed. Hes incredibly raw though. Still after 3 years hes raw. Might be a good prospect, but hes more than likely a waste of time.

By the way, on a side note, that class of bigmen has been down-right pitiful. Patrick O'Bryant was a top 10 pick for the Warriors (included in a minor cap altering trade yesterday from Boston). Sene was number 10 (about to be waived). Cedric Simmons went 15 to the Hornets (just included in yet another trade as a toss in). And Hilton Armstrong went 12 (still languishing on the Hornets bench). None of them have had a successful NBA anything.

coyotes_geek
02-20-2009, 12:02 PM

Nope. Too small, too raw. The playoffs aren't the time to be trying out project players.

Agloco
02-20-2009, 12:09 PM

How big was the red box on the picture?

Oh wait, wrong guy......:lol

Russ
02-20-2009, 12:16 PM

Pops may be a "tweener." Too small to defend the post, not quick enough away from the basket. :(

mogrovejo
02-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I know a fair amount about Mouhammed Saer Sene. I tracked him pretty closely when he was drafted. I think hes from Senegal if I remember right. Hes very athletic and incredibly long. Look up his measurements from the pre-draft camp and you'll be amazed. Hes incredibly raw though. Still after 3 years hes raw. Might be a good prospect, but hes more than likely a waste of time.

By the way, on a side note, that class of bigmen has been down-right pitiful. Patrick O'Bryant was a top 10 pick for the Warriors (included in a minor cap altering trade yesterday from Boston). Sene was number 10 (about to be waived). Cedric Simmons went 15 to the Hornets (just included in yet another trade as a toss in). And Hilton Armstrong went 12 (still languishing on the Hornets bench). None of them have had a successful NBA anything.

I once saw him touching the rim without jumping. He's an absolute freak. He's not a NBA player though. He was a bad player in Europe and he shouldn't have been drafted. Now, with the knee injuries, no way he'll play another NBA game. Another African bust, when will teams learn?

Good point on the lack of quality of big men on that draft. Yet, it was so predictable...

coyotes_geek
02-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Sene = Mahinmi. Only Sene is healthy.

mogrovejo
02-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Sene = Mahinmi. Only Sene is healthy.

Healthy? Kind of. He's a poor man's Mahinmi though.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Hands off! He has to come to the Nuggets to form a twin towers combo of Sene/Nene :smokin

Mr. Body
02-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Some people thought he was a big steal for Seattle when drafted.

Darkwaters
02-20-2009, 12:58 PM

No. Mahinmi has definitely got some skill. Sene is just a tall guy with the most ridiculously long arms you've ever seen.

Darkwaters
02-20-2009, 12:59 PM

But then they didn't stash him...they brought him over immediately. Terrible choice.

Russ
02-20-2009, 01:00 PM

A poor man's Mahinmi? Now that's a scary thought.

EricB
02-20-2009, 01:00 PM

I remember more than few saying it was a huge reach for a player of that caliber at that spot.

It was a gigantic reach and Presti is still cleaning up the mess left behind by the previous administration.

TheProfessor
02-20-2009, 01:07 PM
He's not going to help us now in any way, but I wouldn't mind signing another 7 footer for the hell of it if Rasho and Moore aren't happening.

coyotes_geek
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Just tossing this out there. Do with it what you will.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/defensive_players_080410.html

Biggems
02-20-2009, 01:15 PM
All i want to know is, can he stand in the lane next to Timmy and block or alter shots all game long?

he might be raw and suck on OKC.....but what legit Big do they have next to him to take some pressure off him? NO ONE.....

We have the best PF in the game. We also have Bruce, Thomas, Manu, Hill, Manu, Hairston and Udoka who are good defensively. IMO, a minimum contract for the rest of the season is not a huge risk. We have an open roster spot.

I know we would prefer Canty, Chandler, Rasho, and even Moore.....but the Big man pickings are like a Ethopian buffet.....basically bugs and dirt.

PDXSpursFan
02-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Sene? .. no thanks. Next please.

coyotes_geek
02-20-2009, 01:16 PM
All i want to know is, can he stand in the lane next to Timmy and block or alter shots all game long?

I'll settle for anyone who can do that for 15 minutes.

TheProfessor
02-20-2009, 01:19 PM

“Mouhamed protected the paint very effectively and did a fantastic job of controlling the defensive boards when he was in the game,” said Stampede head coach Bryan Gates. “He did a great job not only blocking shots, but also of adjusting shots.”
Works for me :lol

underdawg
02-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Pops may be a "tweener." Too small to defend the post, not quick enough away from the basket. :(

Chris Hunter - FW Mad Ants

Spursfan092120
02-20-2009, 02:34 PM
How big was the red box on the picture?

Oh wait, wrong guy......:lol

:elephant

Universe
02-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Sene would be a good pick-up...in the offseason. The dude needs a training camp and we need a veteran even if he gives us only 2 - 3 minutes.

Austin_Toros
02-20-2009, 03:30 PM

interesting.

is there any chance the spurs could get him? i mean, if he plays limited minutes all he needs to do is play D, rebound the ball- nothing else.
he's young and can develop.

oh yeah, and a bust. but still....

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-20-2009, 03:34 PM
#18. Mouhamed Sene

he started playing basketball in 2003 just to give you a sense as to how new he is to it. Bunch of potential but no game whatsoever.