View Full Version : Always a Bride and Never a Bridesmaid

angel_luv
02-20-2009, 03:47 PM
:wow :wow :wow

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/weird/Indiana-Woman-Said-I-Do-23-Times.html
Indiana Woman Said "I Do" 23 Times

68-year-old Guinness world record holder would get married again
By MATT BARTOSIK

Because of her multiple marriages, the fictional character Erica Kane on ABC's soap opera "All My Children" has the longest name for a television character: Erica Kane Martin Brent Cudahy Chandler Roy Roy Montgomery Montgomery Chandler Marick Marick Montgomery. But one real-life Indiana woman would have her beat by a long shot.

She was born Linda Lou Taylor, but the 68-year-old Anderson, Ind., woman has had many names over the past 50+ years. That's because she's been hitched 23 times, making her the most married woman in history.

Linda can't remember her husbands in order, but she remembers the first one vividly. She and George Scott married in 1957, when she was just 16 and he was 31. They stayed together for seven years, making the marriage her longest.

Her shortest marriage? Thirty-six hours to Fred Chadwick.

Linda now goes by the surname Wolfe. She and husband Glynn "Scotty" Wolfe did not marry for love, however. The two wed in Arizona in 1996 as part of a publicity stunt. Scotty was the most married man in the world, and Linda was his 29th bride. Scotty died just a few days before their one-year anniversary.

If you think your ex-spouse story is bad, imagine having 23 of them.

Linda has been married to a convict, a preacher, a musician, bartenders, homeless men, electricians, and even two gay men. One husband beat her. More than one deserted her.

But this hasn't discouraged her from walking down the aisle again.

"I would get married again," Linda told The Indianapolis Star, "because, you know, it gets lonely."

Spurminator
02-20-2009, 03:49 PM
At least she's straight. Wouldn't want her undermining the sanctity of marriage.

Spurminator
02-20-2009, 03:50 PM
At least she's straight. Wouldn't want her undermining the sanctity of marriage.

Jesus, you are a wet blanket.

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2009, 04:00 PM

Undermining? She's single-handedly assuring that most of the male population gets married at least once.

JudynTX
02-20-2009, 04:02 PM
:wow Is she trying to break the Guiness World Records?

angel_luv
02-20-2009, 04:06 PM
:wow Is she trying to break the Guiness World Records?

She made the current record so maybe she is trying to maintain it?

JudynTX
02-20-2009, 04:08 PM
She made the current record so maybe she is trying to maintain it?

:lol I married late in life, I couldn't see myself getting married 20+ times.

angel_luv
02-20-2009, 04:10 PM
:lol I married late in life, I couldn't see myself getting married 20+ times.

I am sure many movie stars have had many relationships if we added them up.

Only differents between this lady and the movie stars is the lady married all of her boyfriends.

Spurminator
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Nymphomania and no sex before marriage are a bad mix...

whottt
02-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Sounds like her idea of steady dating is marriage.

biological clock
02-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Angel you don't have time to waste.

BacktoBasics
02-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Imagine that vagina. It'd be like driving a Ford Focus into the Gulf.