PDA

View Full Version : So... will it be the same excuse AGAIN?

Pages : [1] 2

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 06:27 PM
now that manu has a injury and prolly will make a come back before the season ends and for the playoffs and with that notion the spurs AS A TEAM will get their asses handed to them by the los angeles lakers will the same excuse arise from die hard spurs fans that "Manu's Hurt thats why we lost! will you spurs fans actually cough that tired old excuse again? just as much as the ref excuse? and fisher piggy backing brent barry excuse?

if thats so..

in the event that we lose can we say we didnt have BYNUM? :rolleyes..

fucking pathetic....

xtremesteven33
02-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Kobe rapes ppl.

Bartleby
02-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Will Kobe start crying again when he loses?

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Give me a break. You think we can't cook up new excuses? I'm hurt.

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Give me a break. You think we can't cook up new excuses? I'm hurt.

sorry didnt know you fans had the mental capacity of achieving great ideas

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Kobe rapes ppl.

on the basketball court

OF course he does thats why he's GOAT

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Will Kobe start crying again when he loses?

he might... just like many people who lose the big game

Spur-Addict
02-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Flip those 9's over shit face.

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Flip those 9's over shit face.

bite me drug addict

Muser
02-20-2009, 06:40 PM
The game hasn't been played yet, and people are already bitching..?

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 06:43 PM
The game hasn't been played yet, and people are already bitching..?

sorry havent taken the midol yet:rolleyes

mytespurs
02-20-2009, 06:51 PM
now that manu has a injured knee and prolly will make a come back before the season ends and for the playoffs and with that notion the spurs AS A TEAM will get their asses handed to them by the los angeles lakers will the same excuse arise from die hard spurs fans that "Manu's Hurt thats why we lost! will you spurs fans actually cough that tired old excuse again? just as much as the ref excuse? and fisher piggy backing brent barry excuse?

if thats so..

fucking pathetic....

Rest assure, if the Lakers are eliminated during the postseason, the Laker faithful will certainly be bringing up "we didn't have Bynum for most of the season". Whining/excuses are not the exclusive of San Antonio fans. :king

stéphane
02-20-2009, 06:51 PM
http://estaticos.archivo.marca.com/ficheros/marca/fotos03/NBA/los_angeles_lakers/kobe_bryant_llorando030516.jpg

Need More?

Shastafarian
02-20-2009, 06:54 PM
now that manu has a injured knee and prolly will make a come back before the season ends and for the playoffs and with that notion the spurs AS A TEAM will get their asses handed to them by the los angeles lakers will the same excuse arise from die hard spurs fans that "Manu's Hurt thats why we lost! First of all, it's not his knee. Thanks for keeping up with the NBA. Second of all, MAN that is one long sentence! Congrats on making something not only long, but also completely stupid and devoid of structure. And and and.

will you spurs fans actually cough that tired old excuse again? just as much as the ref excuse? and fisher piggy backing brent barry excuse?

if thats so..

fucking pathetic....:lol So if you guys lose you won't use it as an excuse. Bookmark this thread plz.

Also the Fisher foul wasn't an excuse. Unless you think the League Office was making excuses for the Spurs. Because they came out and actually said the call was blown. How often does that happen?

crc21209
02-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Who started this thread? Oh! A Faker troll with 298 posts how nice :). When did ya jump on that wagon? A month ago?

robot89
02-20-2009, 06:55 PM
FUCK YOU!!! Plain and simple.

IronMexican
02-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Whenever I die on Gears of War, I say the sun was in my eyes. Try that one.

HarlemHeat37
02-20-2009, 06:59 PM
- Kobe is an alleged rapist..

- Kobe snitches on teammates for no reason..

- Kobe throws his teammates under the bus..

- Kobe has choked in virtually every NBA finals he's been in, and had arguably the worst performance of all-time in the 2004 finals..

- Kobe has never led a team to a title as a #1 option..

- Magic Johnson is an adulterer with HIV..

- the Lakers current core has 0 titles..

DrHouse
02-20-2009, 06:59 PM
One thing is for damn sure. If the Spurs lose, their whiny fans will find a way to come up with any excuse other than the fact that the better team won. They are simply incapable of admitting they lost to a better team.

BaumSquad
02-20-2009, 07:00 PM
since when is bynum even in the same class as manu? oh yeah he had half a year where he was 13 and 10, sounds like freaking all-star numbers. lose pau then its the same thing

Shastafarian
02-20-2009, 07:00 PM
One thing is for damn sure. If the Lakers lose, their whiny fans will find a way to come up with any excuse other than the fact that the better team won. They are simply incapable of admitting they lost to a better team.

I agree

crc21209
02-20-2009, 07:03 PM
One thing is for sure...Laker fans can never just shut the fuck up and let the teams and players do the talking...they always gotta talk shit about something and start some pointless shit...

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 07:03 PM
I just hope Manu's healthy for the series. If not, the Lakers will sweep and we'll all be bored. Get better Manu!

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:04 PM
http://estaticos.archivo.marca.com/ficheros/marca/fotos03/NBA/los_angeles_lakers/kobe_bryant_llorando030516.jpg

Need More?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkKdXLwt0U

do you need more?

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:04 PM
I just hope Manu's healthy for the series. If not, the Lakers will sweep and we'll all be bored. Get better Manu!

SA fans will be bored... the rest of the world will not

Shastafarian
02-20-2009, 07:05 PM

do you need more?

Yeah we need more. Like actual evidence.

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:05 PM
One thing is for sure...Laker fans can never just shut the fuck up and let the teams and players do the talking...they always gotta talk shit about something and start some pointless shit...

fuck off it goes both ways... how many "Im so happy bynum is injured threads can we count on this board?

LMAO

crc21209
02-20-2009, 07:06 PM

do you need more?

Has nothing to do with Spurs-Lakers, what a retard. :lol

crc21209
02-20-2009, 07:07 PM
fuck off it goes both ways... how many "Im so happy bynum is injured threads can we count on this board?

LMAO

Me fuck off? You're the one on a SPURS talk board. This isnt a Lakers board you're gonna be outnumbered anyway, might as well leave while ya can.

Shastafarian
02-20-2009, 07:07 PM

LMAO

1 started by DUNCANownsKOBE

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 07:08 PM
since when is bynum even in the same class as manu? oh yeah he had half a year where he was 13 and 10, sounds like freaking all-star numbers. lose pau then its the same thing

same class?..you can't compare them because they are 2 completely different players. How many legit centers are there in the NBA as opposed to 2-guards? Bynum adds another dimension to the game, and when he's in there manu and tony are strictly jump-shooters. I do believe, however, that Manu is more valuable to your team than Bynum currently is to ours (because LA is still more talented, deeper, better coached, etc), but you still can't compare them. Apples and Oranges

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:09 PM
First of all, it's not his knee. Thanks for keeping up with the NBA. Second of all, MAN that is one long sentence! Congrats on making something not only long, but also completely stupid and devoid of structure. And and and.

:lol So if you guys lose you won't use it as an excuse. Bookmark this thread plz.

Also the Fisher foul wasn't an excuse. Unless you think the League Office was making excuses for the Spurs. Because they came out and actually said the call was blown. How often does that happen?

knee? ankle? fibula? who gives a shit? oh thats right... spurs fans who rather bitch and complain about grammar...

and if this post doesnt prove my point about excuses i dont know what will

Shastafarian
02-20-2009, 07:11 PM
knee? ankle? fibula? who gives a shit? oh thats right... spurs fans who rather bitch and complain about grammar...

and if this post doesnt prove my point about excuses i dont know what will

Excuses about what? Was the League Office making excuses? I just found it funny that you start a thread and can't even put together a coherent sentence.

IronMexican
Let me see this special ed. contest between Shastarafian and Lakers999.

DeadlyDynasty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodiAAns6Jk

crc21209
02-20-2009, 07:12 PM
same class?..you can't compare them because they are 2 completely different players. How many legit centers are there in the NBA as opposed to 2-guards? Bynum adds another dimension to the game, and when he's in there manu and tony are strictly jump-shooters. I do believe, however, that Manu is more valuable to your team than Bynum currently is to ours (because LA is still more talented, deeper, better coached, etc), but you still can't compare them. Apples and Oranges

Please, you're saying that Tony and a healthy Manu would be intimidated by Bynum in a 7-game series? Manu and Tony once took on the dynasty of the Lakers and drove in there at will against Shaq in his prime, and succeeded. Would Bynum make the series tougher? Yes. But not totally out of the reach for the Spurs.

mytespurs
02-20-2009, 07:12 PM

LMAO

No need to be nasty..just pointing out that it can and it does...I live in LA so I'm used to hearing it whether from laker fans, ucla fans, usc fans....won't say clipper fans....they don't have the right to have excuses.....:)

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:13 PM
1 started by DUNCANownsKOBE

o rly??

after the G wallace injury.... i counted at least 5 threads hoping for a bynum injury

and 3 threads after when their pitiful dreams came true

Shastafarian

Says the guy who admitted he would beat up a woman.

Que?

I wouldn't even think twice. I'd beat the fuck out her her. I never hit a girl, but this is totally understandable.

crc21209
The 0.4 shot? lol. From 04'? FIVE years ago! Since then- 0 titles for the Lakers. 2 more for the Spurs. OWNED.

Shastafarian
o rly??

after the G wallace injury.... i counted at least 5 threads hoping for a bynum injury

I only saw one. Find the other 4.

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Please, you're saying that Tony and a healthy Manu would be intimidated by Bynum in a 7-game series? Manu and Tony once took on the dynasty of the Lakers and drove in there at will against Shaq in his prime, and succeeded. Would Bynum make the series tougher? Yes. But not totally out of the reach for the Spurs.

no i think the spurs bench going against a healthy lakers bench will intimidate your squad

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:17 PM
I only saw one. Find the other 4.

not my fault you can use the search function... you do the goose chase it should be easy since i posted in all of em

crc21209
02-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Since we're going with Spurs-Lakers themed videos here, I figured I'd go with a classic.

d-fj0OFhB9g

Shastafarian
not my fault you can use the search function... you do the goose chase it should be easy since i posted in all of em

:lol The onus is on you big guy.

Lakers999

is this the same guy who claimed he was a laker fan.... and everyone called him on it... LMAO

Muser
02-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Seriously, what is the point of all this?

I'm a spurs fan through and through, and I can admit that the Lakers have more depth and a better squad than we do. But that's on paper, being better on paper doesn't win games.

How about we leave the smack talk until after the game?

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:20 PM
The 0.4 shot? lol. From 04'? FIVE years ago! Since then- 0 titles for the Lakers. 2 more for the Spurs. OWNED.

nice job on repeating those titles back to back

oh wait....:toast

spurtech09
Damn!!!!Laker fans are a bunch of babies:P

DeadlyDynasty

If Bynum is back for the series (I stress "if" cause he tends to heal slow) the Spurs can't compete down low. They are too small and I really thought Pop and RC would make a move for a big man. Even if Manu is healthy (and I fully expect him to be), how is he gonna shore up your undersized frontcourt? SA will play LA tough, they always do--but all teams being healthy they simply dont have the horses to take 4 of 7.

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2009, 07:21 PM
sometimes it's like shooting fish in a barrel for the trolls.

HarlemHeat37
02-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm not an excuse maker, I accepted the loss..everybody knows the Lakers are better than us..but don't you guys find it ridiculous how insecure their fans are? they keep making threads every week about how the Lakers are better than us, as if we don't know that..

why are you Laker fans so insecure?..

it's also funny that you talk about excuses..all I heard was how much you guys missed Bynum vs. Boston, and how the refs favored the Celtics..hypocrites?..

honestly, stop being so insecure..it's not surprising, since you guys obviously have problems..cheering for a rapist isn't normal for regular human beings..but if you're gonna have all these problems, can you please leave us out? you guys are annoying..

do you get a prize for talking about how the Lakers are better than the Spurs? last I checked, the Lakers core has 0 titles..is there something we're supposed to envy?..

you would think the fans of a team that has shown they are better than us wouldn't constantly have the Spurs on their minds..

mytespurs
02-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Seriously, what is the point of all this?

I'm a spurs fan through and through, and I can admit that the Lakers have more depth and a better squad than we do. But that's on paper, being better on paper doesn't win games.

How about we leave the smack talk until after the game?

Thank You!

The scoreboard, the league, the media and even Pop has acknowledged the Lakers are the best team. I don't know why they bother smacktalking the obvious. :rolleyes

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:22 PM
If Bynum is back for the series (I stress "if" cause he tends to heal slow) the Spurs can't compete down low. They are too small and I really thought Pop and RC would make a move for a big man. Even if Manu is healthy (and I fully expect him to be), how is he gonna shore up your undersized frontcourt? SA will play LA tough, they always do--but all teams being healthy they simply dont have the horses to take 4 of 7.

no i think they have the horses.... i just dont think they have the intensity or mentality on matching or even beating the lakers.... i think its safe to say this might be a sweep even without bynum and the lakers having HC advantage

crc21209
02-20-2009, 07:23 PM
i'm not an excuse maker, i accepted the loss..everybody knows the lakers are better than us..but don't you guys find it ridiculous how insecure their fans are? They keep making threads every week about how the lakers are better than us, as if we don't know that..

Why are you laker fans so insecure?..

It's also funny that you talk about excuses..all i heard was how much you guys missed bynum vs. Boston, and how the refs favored the celtics..hypocrites?..

Honestly, stop being so insecure..it's not surprising, since you guys obviously have problems..cheering for a rapist isn't normal for regular human beings..but if you're gonna have all these problems, can you please leave us out? You guys are annoying..

so true, so owned.

IronMexican
02-20-2009, 07:23 PM
is this the same guy who claimed he was a laker fan.... and everyone called him on it... LMAO

Yeah, I'm a Laker fan. But that doesn't make this shit any less stupid on you're or Shastarafian's part. Like, seriously, you have no idea how retarded this is.

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 07:24 PM
no i think they have the horses.... i just dont think they have the intensity or mentality on matching or even beating the lakers.... i think its safe to say this might be a sweep even without bynum and the lakers having HC advantage

Get real dude...The only way SA gets swept is if one of the big 3 is out. If both teams are fully healthy it'll be Lakers in 5 or 6

HarlemHeat37
02-20-2009, 07:25 PM
btw, I don't wanna generalize all Laker fans..Iron Mexican seems like a good dude, and I know Allanon is a class act..but so many of these random Laker fans that keep making threads about how they're better than the Spurs..wow..get Tim Duncan's balls off your mind please..

Shastafarian
02-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I'm a Laker fan. But that doesn't make this shit any less stupid on you're or Shastarafian's part. Like, seriously, you have no idea how retarded this is.

Yet you continue to post here. Curious.

IronMexican
02-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Curious about what? this special ed. contest?

Shastafarian
02-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Curious about what? this special ed. contest?

If it's so retarded, why are you still posting here? :lol

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:29 PM

neither did kobe crying had anything to do with it

wasnt that picture was when he lost the conf finals from 03. yeah i can understand the tears losing after 3 years some of you spurs fans are prolly use to inconsistency

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Get real dude...The only way SA gets swept is if one of the big 3 is out. If both teams are fully healthy it'll be Lakers in 5 or 6

i dont think so... how the lakers are right now... they are playing at level a la 2001 esque..

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 07:31 PM

wasnt that picture was when he lost the conf finals from 03. yeah i can understand the tears losing after 3 years some of you spurs fans are prolly use to inconsistency

conf semis

Muser
02-20-2009, 07:33 PM
This is to the remaining Spurs/Lakers fans with any respect for the game, and not just mindless smack talk about the past.

Hope we have a good game in 2 weeks, then hopefully to meet in the playoffs. May the best team win.

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm not an excuse maker, I accepted the loss..everybody knows the Lakers are better than us..but don't you guys find it ridiculous how insecure their fans are? they keep making threads every week about how the Lakers are better than us, as if we don't know that..

why are you Laker fans so insecure?..

it's also funny that you talk about excuses..all I heard was how much you guys missed Bynum vs. Boston, and how the refs favored the Celtics..hypocrites?..

honestly, stop being so insecure..it's not surprising, since you guys obviously have problems..cheering for a rapist isn't normal for regular human beings..but if you're gonna have all these problems, can you please leave us out? you guys are annoying..

do you get a prize for talking about how the Lakers are better than the Spurs? last I checked, the Lakers core has 0 titles..is there something we're supposed to envy?..

you would think the fans of a team that has shown they are better than us wouldn't constantly have the Spurs on their minds..

gimme a fucking break... after every laker mishap spurs fans are quick on general basketball and laker boards eager to take in shots... i rather do things backwards and get it all out of the way now

SpursDynasty
02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
now that manu has a injured knee and prolly will make a come back before the season ends and for the playoffs and with that notion the spurs AS A TEAM will get their asses handed to them by the los angeles lakers will the same excuse arise from die hard spurs fans that "Manu's Hurt thats why we lost! will you spurs fans actually cough that tired old excuse again? just as much as the ref excuse? and fisher piggy backing brent barry excuse?

if thats so..

fucking pathetic....

There are no excuses for any losses. The Fisher foul not called certainly altered the series, and bad officiating always alters series....but ultimately what cost the Spurs the Lakers series was not officiating, or non-calls, or even the Lakers being a better team, because they are not by a long shot.

The Lakers just made their shots and we didn't, end of story.

No excuses. Just missed a couple of shots here and there.

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:36 PM
This is to the remaining Spurs/Lakers fans with any respect for the game, and not just mindless smack talk about the past.

Hope we have a good game in 2 weeks, then hopefully to meet in the playoffs. May the best team win.

:toast

can someone tell roger mason that hes not robert horry....

and can anyone tell robert horry to come back to the lakers

word
02-20-2009, 07:36 PM
One thing is for damn sure. If the Spurs lose, their whiny fans will find a way to come up with any excuse other than the fact that the better team won. They are simply incapable of admitting they lost to a better team.

Not me, once the Spurs play their last game, I go into summer mode and could care less about the NBA. Last year I didn't watch one game of you losers getting your ass handed to you in the finals.

Spurs Brazil
02-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Ftl.

Lakers999
02-20-2009, 07:38 PM
There are no excuses for any losses. The Fisher foul not called certainly altered the series, and bad officiating always alters series....but ultimately what cost the Spurs the Lakers series was not officiating, or non-calls, or even the Lakers being a better team, because they are not by a long shot.

The Lakers just made their shots and we didn't, end of story.

No excuses. Just missed a couple of shots here and there.

hmm. the lakers are not better than the spurs because they made their shots and the spurs didnt...

uhhh.. so is it safe to say that the lakers made their shots becuase they are a better team and defensively stopped SA from making shots... i really think thats what happened

Muser
02-20-2009, 07:40 PM

can someone tell roger mason that hes not robert horry....

and can anyone tell robert horry to come back to the lakers

You can have Horry back if you want. :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 07:42 PM
You can have Horry back if you want. :lmao

I'm sure that old bag-o-bones has one or two game winning treys left in 'em:lol

SpursDynasty
02-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Nothing personal against the Lakers, but I don't see anyone on the floor who's a real threat other than Kobe. Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom...not a very intimidating set of names there. Again, nothing personal, but they just aren't an intimidating roster.

Chris Bell
02-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Nothing personal against the Lakers, but I don't see anyone on the floor who's a real threat other than Kobe. Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom...not a very intimidating set of names there. Again, nothing personal, but they just aren't an intimidating roster.

And I was going to be the next Governor of Texas!!

SpursDynasty
02-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Also, Kobe has proven to everyone that he can't win a championship without a Shaq type of player. Andrew Bynum is no Shaq. 2004 Finals fail and 2008 Finals fail. I think it's time to rebuild the Lakers.

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2009, 07:48 PM
now that manu has a injured knee a

timeout Manu has a knee injury now???

fucking pathetic...

You already do that

Duncan2177
02-20-2009, 07:49 PM
on the basketball court

OF course he does thats why he's GOAT

We got a live one here spurs fans.

:troll

timaios
02-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Spurs Total Salaries: $68,134,289
Lakers Total Salaries: $81,812,711

How about a fair fight.
Drop 13.7 Mil dollars contracts from your team... Then we can see who has the best team. Just a thought.

sananspursfan21
02-20-2009, 08:02 PM

brand nubian once said "punks jump up to get beat down"

sananspursfan21
02-20-2009, 08:02 PM
'sides, the season series is 1-1, i don't know how you can be so cocky bout it

Spur-Addict
02-20-2009, 08:04 PM
bite me drug addict

:lol

manufor3
02-20-2009, 08:15 PM
id like to see an intelligent reply to harlemheat's post

Borosai
02-20-2009, 08:24 PM
The Lakers team is like a hung porn star dressed in purple 'n' gold spandex who shoots blanks: flashy, but he just can't finish the job.

ManuTP9
02-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Kobe rapes ppl.

Win

DrHouse
02-20-2009, 08:48 PM
This thread is full of fail.

Let's stop bringing up the past, which is largely irrelevant at this point in time. All that matters is this season.

Right now the Lakers have the best record in the NBA and are ahead of the Spurs by some 7 games, which likely means they will cruise to HCA should they face the Spurs.

Duncan2177
02-20-2009, 09:01 PM

Let's stop bringing up the past, which is largely irrelevant at this point in time. All that matters is this season.

Right now the Lakers have the best record in the NBA and are ahead of the Spurs by some 7 games, which likely means they will cruise to HCA should they face the Spurs.

Blah Blah Blah

underdawg
02-20-2009, 09:05 PM

Wow, you really do sound like mav fan in 2007. Unfortunately, they have this thing at the end of the season called the playoffs - regular season is only for playoff seeding and HCA. Will the Lakers get the 1st seed in the playoffs - yes, most likely! Congratulations! Will the Lakers win the championship - probable, but not a given. So, please feel free to pound your chest all you want but at the end of the day your just gonna have to wait before you can really proclaim the Lakers champions - they do have to win the title first you know. Don't you forget all your smack talked about Bynum? Where did that get you? You personally ruined his season

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Blah Blah Blah

very intelligent response:rolleyes

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Wow, you really do sound like mav fan in 2007. Unfortunately, they have this thing at the end of the season called the playoffs - regular season is only for playoff seeding and HCA. Will the Lakers get the 1st seed in the playoffs - yes, most likely! Congratulations! Will the Lakers win the championship - probable, but not a given. So, please feel free to pound your chest all you want but at the end of the day your just gonna have to wait before you can really proclaim the Lakers champions - they do have to win the title first you know. Don't you forget all your smack talked about Bynum? Where did that get you? You personally ruined his season

The fans have that much power?!:wow:wow:wow

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Kobe rapes ppl.

it's not rape, it's surprise sex

DrHouse
02-20-2009, 09:19 PM

I personally ruined Bynum's season? :lmao

Then that must mean you jinxed Manu for laughing and celebrating when Bynum went down.

manufor3
02-20-2009, 09:19 PM
The fans have that much power?!:wow:wow:wow

no, but now all the hype makes him look like hes underachieving

BTW wasnt he supposed to be the next kareem? :lol

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 09:23 PM
no, but now all the hype makes him look like hes underachieving

BTW wasnt he supposed to be the next kareem? :lol

Is he even old enough to drink yet? Give the kid some time. No one will be the next Kareem but he has a legit shot at becoming the next great Laker big man. Let's hope these injuries don't linger throughout his career. If they don't, the sky's the limit w/ this kid. If they do, than that would suck. Time will tell

manufor3
02-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Is he even old enough to drink yet? Give the kid some time. No one will be the next Kareem but he has a legit shot at becoming the next great Laker big man. Let's hope these injuries don't linger throughout his career. If they don't, the sky's the limit w/ this kid. If they do, than that would suck. Time will tell

i like the kid. he got thrown under the bus by kobe but got back up and is now the starting C. i think the media is overhyping him though. he will be one of those players that will get 15-10 kind of numbers.

Josh810
Are you on some kind of personal mission to get every single Spurs fan to admit the Lakers are a better basketball team? Christ, you've been up to this for how many months now? If I tell you the Lakers are better, will you give it a rest? Or is it gonna take some kinda signed petition? I don't understand this incessant need to get Spurs fans to agree with you. STFU already.

DeadlyDynasty
Spurs Total Salaries: $68,134,289
Lakers Total Salaries: $81,812,711

How about a fair fight.
Drop 13.7 Mil dollars contracts from your team... Then we can see who has the best team. Just a thought.

cry me a fucking river...I'll never apologize for my team spending money because it means they're trying to win. We all want team owners willing to do that.

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 09:30 PM
i like the kid. he got thrown under the bus by kobe but got back up and is now the starting C. i think the media is overhyping him though. he will be one of those players that will get 15-10 kind of numbers.

agree and disagree. The overhyping comes w/ the territory when you're a young kid and you play in a major market. Before he got injured he was making great strides--becoming an effective shot-blocker and good help defender, and refining his post game. I believe he'll be a 20-10 and maybe even a 25-10 if he continues to improve his footwork. Remember guys, he's only 21 y/o.

Gutter92
02-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I love how a Laker fan of all people posts a youtube video of an alleged Tim Donaghy reffing scandal...does Lakers Kings 2002 ring a bell?You know...the one that the official in question actually said was rigged? lolz.

George Gervin's Afro
02-20-2009, 09:32 PM
:sleep

if thats so..

fucking pathetic....

crc21209
02-20-2009, 09:35 PM

The Spurs inconsistent? Um...I think you have your cheap ass team mixed up with ours....lets take a look at whos been more "inconsistent" since 2003.

Spurs

2003- NBA Champions
2004- Lost in Conf. Semis to Lakers
2005- NBA Champions
2006- Lost in Conf. Semis to Mavs
2007- NBA Champions
2008- Lost in Conf. Finals to Lakers

Lakers

2003- Lost in Conf. Semis to Spurs
2004- Lost in NBA Finals to Pistons
2005- DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS
2006- 1ST ROUND LOSS to Suns
2007- 1ST ROUND LOSS to Suns
2008- Lost in NBA Finals to Celtics

Looks to me like the Lakers have been the more inconsistent team huh? :lol

:flag::lobt2:

underdawg
02-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Are you on some kind of personal mission to get every single Spurs fan to admit the Lakers are a better basketball team? Christ, you've been up to this for how many months now? If I tell you the Lakers are better, will you give it a rest? Or is it gonna take some kinda signed petition? I don't understand this incessant need to get Spurs fans to agree with you. STFU already.

I don't mind admitting they're better right now as we have with other teams many years before - I just think it's funny how much worth some people put into the regular season. The Lakers are winning right now and they have the best record - no argument, but until they win it Laker fans need to have perspective. The funny thing is that we are/were never considered the best team (even when we were,) so who cares if some tool thinks the team he roots for is better than the team we root for?

underdawg
02-20-2009, 09:42 PM
I personally ruined Bynum's season? :lmao

Then that must mean you jinxed Manu for laughing and celebrating when Bynum went down.

I was being just a tad facetious - although, let it be said I never celebrated Bynum being hurt. I'd rather curb stomp the little yellow daisy jersey wearing fakers full strength with no excuses for the good ole TEXAS wood shed beating the Spurs will give them.

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 09:44 PM
The Spurs inconsistent? Um...I think you have your cheap ass team mixed up with ours....lets take a look at whos been more "inconsistent" since 2003.

Spurs

2003- NBA Champions
2004- Lost in Conf. Semis to Lakers
2005- NBA Champions
2006- Lost in Conf. Semis to Mavs
2007- NBA Champions
2008- Lost in Conf. Finals to Lakers

Lakers

2003- Conf. Semis loss to Spurs
2004- NBA Finals loss to Pistons
2005- DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS
2006- 1ST ROUND LOSS to Suns
2007- 1ST ROUND LOSS to Suns
2008- Lost to Celtics in NBA Finals

Looks to me like the Lakers have been the more inconsistent team huh? :lol

:flag::lobt2:
I like how you conveniently start at 2003 to support your argument. Weak.

How about only 2 years w/o a playoff appearance since 1975? How's that for consistency. See, I can do that too!

The "inconsistency" HE (not I, I think both LA and SA have been the class of the league the last 10 years) is referring to is your inability to repeat as champs, given 4 chances to do so

Brazil
02-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Dear spurs fans

why oh why you waste your time answering a 300 posts get a life useless lakers troll ?

crc21209
02-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Inconsistency is missing the playoffs one year totally as well as having two 1st round exits. The Spurs have advanced to at least the 2nd round almost every year of the Tim Duncan era, dont give me this 1975 bullshit, you probably werent even born then, and dont bring up the "Minneapolis" era either like other Faker fans do. Peace. I'm out.

Agloco
02-20-2009, 09:50 PM

if thats so..

fucking pathetic....

That's the first fucking thing that would exit your damm mouth. The tears would follow shortly after.

Gutter92
02-20-2009, 09:50 PM
How many teams have repeated in the NBA? How many have won 4 over a span of 9 years? ok then...

underdawg
02-20-2009, 09:56 PM
How many teams have repeated in the NBA? How many have won 4 over a span of 9 years? ok then...

The real question to laker fan is - if they hadn't won back to back in '87 and '88, would the lakers of the 80's be considered a dynasty? I guarantee that everyone of those hypocritical, bandwagon, medicinal pot smokin', dignity selling out fans would say, "Yes!"

Flux451
02-20-2009, 10:01 PM
ST the new TNT, where drama happens.

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 10:06 PM

Both are impressive feats, and the greatest teams did both:
All the greatest NBA dynasties were able to defend their title at some point.
Minneapolis Lakers
Boston Celtics (60's)
Los Angeles Lakers (80's)
Chicago Bulls (90's)

Los Angeles Lakers (00's)--5 finals appearances and 3 titles (including a 3-peat) since 2000. A win this year(and as of now we are the prohibitive faves) gives them 4/6 in 9 years:wow:wow.

San Antonio Spurs (00's): 4 titles since 1999 (very impressive), but not one defended title

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 10:07 PM
The real question to laker fan is - if they hadn't won back to back in '87 and '88, would the lakers of the 80's be considered a dynasty? I guarantee that everyone of those hypocritical, bandwagon, medicinal pot smokin', dignity selling out fans would say, "Yes!"

we're doing hypotheticals now? If you're parents never had that dinner and a movie you'd of never been born. It DID happen, so "ifs" are incidental

underdawg
02-20-2009, 10:10 PM
we're doing hypotheticals now? If you're parents never had that dinner and a movie you'd of never been born. It DID happen, so "ifs" are incidental

nice attempt to skate the question, but it's pretty simple and you can answer the "hypothetical." Houston won a back to back - are they a dynasty?

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 10:14 PM
nice attempt to skate the question, but it's pretty simple and you can answer the "hypothetical." Houston won a back to back - are they a dynasty?

how is that skating the question? Hypotheticals are useless in an argument. If the Buffalo Bills won those superbowls they'd be one of the greatest dynasties ever!!!...didn't happen, so it's a moot point.

Houston (and Detroit) only won 2 titles--I don't know anyone who would call 2 titles a dynasty.

underdawg
02-20-2009, 10:18 PM
how is that skating the question? Hypotheticals are useless in an argument. If the Buffalo Bills won those superbowls they'd be one of the greatest dynasties ever!!!...didn't happen, so it's a moot point.

Houston (and Detroit) only won 2 titles--I don't know anyone who would call 2 titles a dynasty.

Ok, no hypothetical. Were the Lakers a dynasty in the 80's because they won 5 rings or because they won a back to back during those 5 rings?

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Ok, no hypothetical. Were the Lakers a dynasty in the 80's because they won 5 rings or because they won a back to back during those 5 rings?

good question...and the answer is both. 5 titles and 8 appearances in one decade is quite a feat. Hell, go watch the old NBA films (sometimes the games are on espn classic or NBATV). Pat Riley and the Lakers stressed how important it was for them to repeat as champions, saying something like (and i'm paraphrasing): "it's the only thing we've yet to do."

Listen man, I'm not trying to get in a shouting match w/ you about all this. What the Spurs have done the last 10 years is nothing short of spectacular. I just personally feel (one man's opinion), that defending a title carries a legitimacy to just how dominant your team truly is/was.

underdawg
02-20-2009, 10:38 PM
good question...and the answer is both. 5 titles and 8 appearances in one decade is quite a feat. Hell, go watch the old NBA films (sometimes the games are on espn classic or NBATV). Pat Riley and the Lakers stressed how important it was for them to repeat as champions, saying something like (and i'm paraphrasing): "it's the only thing we've yet to do."

Listen man, I'm not trying to get in a shouting match w/ you about all this. What the Spurs have done the last 10 years is nothing short of spectacular. I just personally feel (one man's opinion), that defending a title carries a legitimacy to just how dominant your team truly is/was.

That's the thing - you say both, but that's pretty tough to say the other 4 championships weren't that important until they got the 5th since it was a back to back. Sorry - if you win 5 championships in a decade, you are a dynasty regardless of back to backs. In fact the back to back was pretty meaningless since you won half of the championships that decade - much better than a back to back. The same can be said about 4 championships in a decade and having the best winning % in all of professional sports for that decade as well. No shouting match here - just logic.

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2009, 10:46 PM
That's the thing - you say both, but that's pretty tough to say the other 4 championships weren't that important until they got the 5th since it was a back to back. Sorry - if you win 5 championships in a decade, you are a dynasty regardless of back to backs. In fact the back to back was pretty meaningless since you won half of the championships that decade - much better than a back to back. The same can be said about 4 championships in a decade and having the best winning % in all of professional sports for that decade as well. No shouting match here - just logic.

Both feats are impressive man, all I'm saying is defending a title shows dominance--playing w/ the bullseye on your back and STILL winning it all.

K-State Spur
02-20-2009, 10:49 PM

if thats so..

fucking pathetic....

i was thinking of going with the excuse that we'd have won if only we had Rick Fox. nobody's ever used that one before, have they?

Spork KIller
02-20-2009, 10:54 PM

if thats so..

fucking pathetic....

These mother fuckers always make excuses, but Manure healthy or not, they are going NOWHERE!

manufor3
02-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Useless trolling

sigh...

Evil Angel
02-20-2009, 11:05 PM
These mother fuckers always make excuses, but Manure healthy or not, they are going NOWHERE!
"Manure" Excuse me...
Tell Momma she can have the computer back now.
:madrun

Evil Angel
02-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Dude, you one fucked MF.
Sorry, that's about all I have for you. If looking for more you just may have to pray on the TROLLS as they will take great care of you there... :downspin:
We just love non-SPURS fans here.:flag:

urunobili
02-20-2009, 11:15 PM
:lol at the Lakers with insecurity complex at its best... :lmao

lefty
02-20-2009, 11:27 PM

if thats so..

fucking pathetic....

Bynum is not even a factor

amy020
02-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Bynum to Lakers is not as important as Manu for the Spurs.
Also,Manu will be ready for the playoffs.

DrHouse
02-20-2009, 11:43 PM
There's no guarantee that Manu will be 100% for the playoffs. In fact I'd say it's just as likely he ends up limping through the playoffs like last season.

Bynum is not as important as Manu, but his impact is sizable and any Spur fan who watched the last matchup cannot deny that.

Man In Black
02-20-2009, 11:53 PM
nice job on repeating those titles back to back

oh wait....:toast

Point of contention. Larry Legend NEVER went back-to-back yet his Celtics teams, just like Tim's Spurs teams, are called dynasties. RECOGNIZE.

Also, I remind you that it's now been SEVEN seasons since the Lakers have had a parade of Figueroa. Seven long ass years of not being dominant. Seven long ass years that include not even making the playoffs. Seven long ass years that Kobe has tried to bring LA a title as the main guy and ZIP, NADA...NOTHING.

That is all. :flag:

WildcardManu
02-21-2009, 12:05 AM
5 pages deep, wow

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Dear spurs fans

why oh why you waste your time answering a 300 posts get a life useless lakers troll ?

Beat me to it.

How about no-one responds any more so we can kill this worthless thread?

florige
02-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey we weren't the ones who got demolished by 50 in the game in Boston, now that was hillarious.... :lol Nice way to represent the west guys...:rolleyes

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 12:13 AM
The Spurs are on the borderline of being a dynasty. I think one more ring would cement them as a dynasty in this decade. The strange thing is they may not even be the most dominant team of this decade if the Lakers can win this season.

Spursfan092120
02-21-2009, 12:14 AM
:dont:troll

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Hey we weren't the ones who got demolished by 50 in the game in Boston, now that was hillarious.... :lol Nice way to represent the west guys...:rolleyes

NBA Fan 101:

If Fan #1's team (spurs) season is ended by Fan #2's team (lakers) then Fan #1 should STFU!

:lol @ fans who try to justify their teams beatdown by another teams victory. That's like not being able to fuck your wife but being content that the next man fucked her. As long as she was fucked, right? :lol

KaiRMD1
02-21-2009, 12:23 AM
I wish my team had stuff handed to them and were the league darlings. I'd be riding high too like Lakers fans. What was the excuse for looking like the Knicks in the finals anyway?

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 12:26 AM
I wish my team had stuff handed to them and were the league darlings. I'd be riding high too like Lakers fans. What was the excuse for looking like the Knicks in the finals anyway?

NBA Fan 101:

If Fan #1's team (spurs) season is ended by Fan #2's team (lakers) then Fan #1 should STFU!

:lol @ fans who try to justify their teams beatdown by another teams victory. That's like not being able to fuck your wife but being content that the next man fucked her. As long as she was fucked, right? :lol

Man In Black
02-21-2009, 12:27 AM
The Spurs are on the borderline of being a dynasty. I think one more ring would cement them as a dynasty in this decade

Didn't know that Doc was the official declarer of dynasties. But what the fuck ever...Hey I can point out that the even though Kobe is the Lakers leader, it's OFFICIAL he's never led them to a title. Tim Duncan has 4 of them as the OFFICIAL leader of the Spurs.
THAT IS ALL.

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Didn't know that Doc was the official declarer of dynasties. But what the fuck ever...Hey I can point out that the even though Kobe is the Lakers leader, it's OFFICIAL he's never led them to a title. Tim Duncan has 4 of them as the OFFICIAL leader of the Spurs.
THAT IS ALL.

That has nothing to do with anything.

The bottom line is the Spurs are not universally considered to be a dynasty because of the fact that they haven't repeated. I'm sorry that bothers you but those are the facts.

Dynasties repeat.

Lakers999
02-21-2009, 12:30 AM

at least we got there

Man In Black
02-21-2009, 12:36 AM
No what Dynasties do are contend every year.

When you get eliminated twice in the first round and miss out entirely on the playoffs for 1 season, that means...YOU DID NOT CONTEND!

Open your got damn eyes. :wow

Agree?

You probably won't but the truth is out there.

Dynasties repeat.

So tell me why are Larry Legend's Celtics teams considered a dynasty since they did not? Same reason Tim's team are...because they contend every year with him as the leader. It's amazing that Tim Duncan doesn't win MVP every year. If it was more about efficiency and winning ways instead of selling fucking basketball shoes...Tim would win MVP every year, I guess he'll just continue to settle for All-NBA and All-NBA D every year for his ENTIRE CAREER.
Can Kobe say that? HELL TO THE NO. :flag:

Universe
02-21-2009, 12:39 AM
I think it's better than repeating that one person was able to anchor two different rosters to a championship and not bitch and moan about a former teammate along with demanding a trade.

Pretty pathetic that some people need to post such rude stuff about a team when they don't feel confident about theres.

wisnub
02-21-2009, 12:54 AM
I never said any excuses..do not generalise SA fans. If we won,we playing good..if we lost then i have to look at the match first..if we give everything and just got bad luck like manu foul dirk,than its ok. When Pop emptying bench in 3rd quarter just like what happened in couple of games in playoffs then we deserve to loose. There should be no excuses, i mean look at how celtics approach regular season game..they just keep coming even when they are losing.
Lakers and Spurs are both good and elite team...bragging conversation is just fucking pathetic like shit !! I dont deny Lakers will miss Bynum in playoffs. But whoever win should get all the credit, there will be no more BS needed

florige
02-21-2009, 12:59 AM
at least we got there

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2009, 12:59 AM
:lol@ fans who try to justify their teams beatdown by another teams victory. That's like not being able to fuck your wife but being content that the next man fucked her. As long as she was fucked, right

I see it more as guy fucks your wife, then kicks the shit out of her, she may not be your wife anymore but you can take solace in the fact she got what she deserved.

all_heart
02-21-2009, 02:21 AM
Lakers haven't accomplished shit yet, real season hasn't begun yet! Lakers fans talk a lot of shit for being so light in the ass!!

Gutter92
02-21-2009, 02:25 AM
I see it more as guy fucks your wife, then kicks the shit out of her, she may not be your wife anymore but you can take solace in the fact she got what she deserved.

Holy shit this post is awesome :lol:lol:lol:rollin:lol:lol

Spursfan092120
02-21-2009, 02:54 AM

A lot farther than your Amare-less Suns will go.

Ditty
02-21-2009, 02:58 AM
at least we got there

we'll yall sure didn't play like it :lol

afireinside20
02-21-2009, 04:48 AM

When you get eliminated twice in the first round and miss out entirely on the playoffs for 1 season, that means...YOU DID NOT CONTEND!

Agree?

So tell me why are Larry Legend's Celtics teams considered a dynasty since they did not? Same reason Tim's team are...because they contend every year with him as the leader. It's amazing that Tim Duncan doesn't win MVP every year. If it was more about efficiency and winning ways instead of selling fucking basketball shoes...Tim would win MVP every year, I guess he'll just continue to settle for All-NBA and All-NBA D every year for his ENTIRE CAREER.

Yea it's a shame Duncan will never get the respect that he deserves. He's such a great player and he brings it night in and night out. Just because he does'nt beat his chest or do stupid dances in commercials, he's not getting respected. Such a shame what the NBA has become, when a rapist, and an overrated and overhyped team is looked upon by many.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-21-2009, 05:53 AM
Beat me to it.

How about no-one responds any more so we can kill this worthless thread?

Hello? Is anybody out there?

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2009, 06:34 AM
I like your maturity about this Oz, but Laker fans are tough to ignore..they get annoying quick..the annoying thing about Laker fans, is that they actually believe what they write..a lot of people like to talk shit to bait people, but Laker fans really believe the shit that they annoy us with..

they're always preaching the same old annoying shit..Laker fans are the Jehovah's witnesses of the NBA..

Harry Callahan
02-21-2009, 08:08 AM
I like how you conveniently start at 2003 to support your argument. Weak.

How about only 2 years w/o a playoff appearance since 1975? How's that for consistency. See, I can do that too!

The "inconsistency" HE (not I, I think both LA and SA have been the class of the league the last 10 years) is referring to is your inability to repeat as champs, given 4 chances to do so

How about four championships over an 11 year period and winning at least one playoff series 10 out of 11 years (the one year losing in the first round was when Duncan was injured and not available) and being the best team in basketball over that period. The Spurs had bad teams both times and were fortunate to win the lottery when HOF type players were available.

The Lakers have missed the playoffs completely once and were drummed out in the first round several times over the last decade. The extended success for San Antonio (winning a title in 1999 and being able to get four championships through 2007) is more impressive than a short period of dominance because of the constant player turnover in basketball. The teams winning those titles had totally different rosters (outside of Duncan) going from 99 to 07. Not to mention the fact the role players changed dramatically in that period. This points to Popovich being a superior coach (P Jackson is at the top too - that's obvious).

The Lakers were the best team in basketball for a four year period (1999-2002). When a team has had one deep run in the playoffs in the last four or five years, they have not measured up to what SA has done recently. Not to mention the fact that LA had very little turnover from 99 to 03. They had to recruit over the hill Hall of Famers in 2003-2004 AND have the refs swallow their whistles AND have a questionable buzzer beater shot to beat SA that year in the playoffs.

San Antonio has been more effective with less pure talent than the Lakers since Duncan arrived in 1997.

The recent Lakers "mini-dynasty" was the by-product of screwing over the Orlando Magic and having a dope like Bob Bass running the Charlotte Hornets in 1996. If you wonder what I am talking about, then you don't know much about basketball.

Laker "fans" rip the Spurs for supposedly "tanking seasons" in 1986 and 1996 to get the #1 pick the following year. The 86 team legitimately stunk and the 96 team had its star player BREAK HIS FOOT and then have knee/back problems after that. Their second best player (Sean Elliott) was dogged with knee problems and missed half the season.

The Lakers historically have preyed on financially strapped franchises. Their success has been based on stealing away players like Wilt Chamberlain, Jabbar, and Shaq (even Gasol) in exchange for either nothing or spare parts players. In addition, trading away washed up players to teams with incompetent management (New Orleans Jazz and Cleveland Cavs) for future #1 picks turned into guys like Magic Johnson, James Worthy, and Byron Scott.

The Lakers have always had a little "extra help" along the way that other teams have not. They have never had to "bottom out" like most teams. It's just so easy for the simple minded bandwagon fans to clutch on to a team like the Lakers. Their fans take success for granted and think it is their birthright to win every year. This getting something for nothing pattern throughout their history makes the Lakers a very unlikeable team.

Harry Callahan
02-21-2009, 08:39 AM
That has nothing to do with anything.

The bottom line is the Spurs are not universally considered to be a dynasty because of the fact that they haven't repeated. I'm sorry that bothers you but those are the facts.

Dynasties repeat.

DH
Dynasty is just a word. Opinions are all you are offering here. No facts. Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. BTW asshole is a word you do have a lot of knowledge about, since you are one.

BTW, the Spurs have been a better, more effective team since 1997 than the Lakers. It's an opinion, but I think a legitimate one that is supported by overall results.

Look at SA's regular season (approx 68%) and playoff winning percentage (approx 63%) since Duncan arrived. It's better than EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NBA. Four Championships. More than any other team. These are facts.

benefactor
02-21-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm not going to get all wrapped up in this discussion but I will say this...dynasties are subject to interpretation. There is no written rule that says your team must repeat to be considered a dynasty. The Celtics example that was given earlier is a good one. Any basketball fan you ask would consider that team a dynasty even thought they never repeated. If winning 4 titles and have the best winning percentage of any sports franchise in any sport over a 10 year period is not a dynasty then I don't know what is.

If the Bulls, Knicks, Lakers or Celtics would have accomplished what we have since Duncan arrived there would not even be a discussion.

Harry Callahan
02-21-2009, 10:02 AM
The Larry Bird Celtics did not repeat. The Bill Russell Celtics did many times. I will say that the LB Celtics had better competition than the recent Spurs teams have had to beat.

LEONARD
02-21-2009, 10:07 AM
There are no excuses for any losses.

You make more excuses than anybody on this site, bitchboy...

manufor3
02-21-2009, 10:22 AM
lol at laker fans leavin after they cant argue

m33p0
02-21-2009, 10:32 AM
knee?

superbigtime
02-21-2009, 11:54 AM
o rly??

I'm impressed you can count that high, fucktard laker shitbag. I'm not wishing injury on any of your precious Lakers. But I wouldn't mind if Phil got run over by a Mack truck. As for last year's WCF, I suppose that you think an unfavorable travel schedule, a gimpy starter, and horrendous officiating are supposed to be overlooked quietly by Spurs fans. Bottom line though is that the Spurs lost, and I think the vast majory of Spurs fans accept that, although of course they don't like losing. What's your excuse for the Laker's getting sodomized by the Celtics?

xellos88330
02-21-2009, 12:42 PM
What's your excuse for the Laker's getting sodomized by the Celtics?

I think their excuse was... "We didn't have Bynum."

Man In Black
02-21-2009, 01:13 PM
A day later, not a single Laker fan has responded to my Larry Legend take.

FIGURES :lmao
:bking I AM THE KING!

i LUV da SpURZ
02-21-2009, 01:37 PM
lakerz fanz r ugly and oversized babiez n der loud bitchez i hate dem, i wish malice on all 0f dem !!%$#$#&%

:) :) :) :) :)

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Bird's Celtics were at least able to make it back to the Finals in repeat years. And the competition they had to face in the 80's was far tougher than anything the Spurs have had to go through. Bird's Celtics would have repeated if their toughest competitors were the fucking Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns.

The bottom line is the Spurs can't even make the claim that they are the best team of this decade. If the Lakers win this season then they will have accomplished more than the Spurs.

4 rings and 6 Finals appearances vs 4 rings and 4 Finals appearances.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 01:50 PM
lakerz fanz r ugly and oversized babiez n der loud bitchez i hate dem, i wish malice on all 0f dem !!%$#$#&%

:) :) :) :) :)

Sterling example of a San Antonio education

Gutter92
02-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Only 2 teams in NBA history are undefeated in Finals when playing 3+...Lakers/Celtics are not among that number :depressed

The 2 best teams of the last 20 years are those teams...Bulls and Spurs.

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 02:00 PM
You can't pinpoint when you want to start NBA history. The NBA did not start in 1999.

Going undefeated in the Finals doesn't mean anything. It's just a sad rationalization that Spur fan uses to convince himself that somehow 4 rings and 4 Finals appearances are better than 14 rings and 29 Finals appearances.

You'll recognize the greatness of the Laker franchise as you begin to pick up the pieces of what is left of the San Antonio Spurs. You'll see just how hard it is to rebuild in this league. It took the Celtics over 2 decades to just get back to the Finals.

sammy
02-21-2009, 02:01 PM

if thats so..

fucking pathetic....

Hey idiot, get your facts straight! Manu has a stress reaction of the fibula which he will be out 2 to 3 weeks! You only beat us last year as Manu was injured and then got your asses handed to you by Boston and beaten by 40 points! :lmao Nothing to be proud of idiot!:bang

LockBeard
02-21-2009, 02:03 PM
LOL at Laker fan, who has enjoyed one of the biggest markets in the NBA making it easy to build good teams taking on the little kid down south who has been more successful and respected this entire decade.

What The San Antonio Spurs are, the Lakers will NEVER be.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 02:06 PM

Agree?

Bird's Celtics are considered a dynasty? I disagree. They were a great team but I would not call them dynastic, most especially since they were unable to repeat. By definition, Dynasty is the dominance or rule of one family (or team in this case) over a particular era. The 80's belonged to the Lakers: Five titles, 8 appearances (including a repeat). The 60's Celtics were a dynasty (the greatest in sports history), as were the 90s Bulls. The late 40s and most of 50s belong to the Minneapolis Lakers. The 70s were a grab bag of teams, nobody owning that decade.

In the 00's, it's a wash, but that'll be a moot point when LA takes #4 in 6 appearances during a 9-year span. All those teams mentioned above, including this decade's Lakers, have defended their title. The Spurs have had 4 chances to defend their title but could never play with the bullseye on their back

sammy
02-21-2009, 02:06 PM
You can't pinpoint when you want to start NBA history. The NBA did not start in 1999.

Going undefeated in the Finals doesn't mean anything. It's just a sad rationalization that Spur fan uses to convince himself that somehow 4 rings and 4 Finals appearances are better than 14 rings and 29 Finals appearances.

You'll recognize the greatness of the Laker franchise as you begin to pick up the pieces of what is left of the San Antonio Spurs. You'll see just how hard it is to rebuild in this league. It took the Celtics over 2 decades to just get back to the Finals.

One thing I can say, at the least the Spurs never lost in the Finals! Fakers had two chances and lost to Detroit in 2004 and Boston in 2008! Nothing to be proud of! Both of those Finals appearance, they got their asses handed to them!:lmao:lol:rollin

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 02:09 PM
LOL at Laker fan, who has enjoyed one of the biggest markets in the NBA making it easy to build good teams taking on the little kid down south who has been more successful and respected this entire decade.

What The San Antonio Spurs are, the Lakers will NEVER be.

a team incapable of defending a tile? Your right, that won't be LA, we've already shown we can defend when we win

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 02:10 PM
One thing I can say, at the least the Spurs never lost in the Finals! Fakers had two chances and lost to Detroit in 2004 and Boston in 2008! Nothing to be proud of! Both of those Finals appearance, they got their asses handed to them!:lmao:lol:rollin

and both years the Spurs were our doormats to those Finals...wanna try that one again, son?:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 02:12 PM

Hey now, if you take away their selective memory then what else do they have to talk smack with?:(

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 02:13 PM
and both years the Spurs were the doormats to those Finals...wanna try that one again?:lmao

:lmao

spursfan09
02-21-2009, 02:16 PM
If you don't want to hear our bitching or hear excuses how about you don't come back to the forum? Wow! There's a thought. But I don't expect you have any thoughts.

Oh and it's one thing to beat the Spurs and get to the finals, but its another thing to get get your own ass handed to you in the finals. Don't think us Spur fans don't enjoy watching the Lakers lose even if they did beat the Spurs.:wow

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
If you don't want to hear our bitching or hear excuses how about you don't come back to the forum? Wow! There's a thought. But I don't expect you have any thoughts.

Oh and it's one thing to beat the Spurs and get to the finals, but its another thing to get get your own ass handed to you in the finals. Don't think us Spur fans don't enjoy watching the Lakers lose even if they did beat the Spurs.:wow

NBA Fan 101:

sammy
02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
and both years the Spurs were our doormats to those Finals...wanna try that one again, son?:lmao

Please! You seem to not answer how your team got their asses handed to them! What's your excuse when you had Karl Malone, Shaq, Rapist & the Mitten! 2008 loaded with your collusion trade of Gasol, Rapist and still got your asses handed to you!:lmao

lefty
02-21-2009, 02:21 PM
We are the 2009 NBA Champions

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 02:22 PM

Sure you'd be happy to see PJax and the Lakers lose, because somebody else would be handling what Pop and the Spurs couldn't do. You have never repeated as champions and we are the reason why. Phil 4, Pop 1...shit I'd be happy to see a team that owned me lose in the finals too:wow

spursfan09
02-21-2009, 02:22 PM
@ fans who try to justify their teams beatdown by another teams victory. That's like not being able to fuck your wife but being content that the next man fucked her. As long as she was fucked, right?

Oh yeah its exactly like that :rolleyes

Oh and I'm not "justifying" anything. If the Spurs lost, than they lost. I saw the Lakers lose and it was great even if the Spurs couldnt' beat them. Maybe I will use an actual relevant analogy instead of the one you used. It's like Sun fans. I know they hate the Spurs, and were probably happy that the Spurs lost last year to the Lakers, well because thats how much they hate them.

lefty
02-21-2009, 02:23 PM
We are the 2009 NBA Champions that's right

spursfan09
02-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Sure you'd be happy to see PJax and the Lakers lose, because somebody else would be handling what Pop and the Spurs couldn't do. You have never repeated as champions and we are the reason why. Phil 4, Pop 1...shit I'd be happy to see a team that owned me lose in the finals too:wow

Ok good so you got my point.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah its exactly like that :rolleyes

Oh and I'm not "justifying" anything. If the Spurs lost, than they lost. I saw the Lakers lose and it was great even if the Spurs couldnt' beat them. Maybe I will use an actual relevant analogy instead of the one you used. It's like Sun fans. I know they hate the Spurs, and were probably happy that the Spurs lost last year to the Lakers, well because thats how much they hate them.

That's the difference...we don't hate you guys (at least I don't). You are good rivals and ones that we own. The suns fans hate the spurs because they can't beat them, just like you hate the Lakers because the Spurs can't beat them--that and the fact that we're about to overshadow the greatest era of Spurs basketball. It's not healthy to hate my son:toast

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Ok good so you got my point.

Hey if you need validation from another team's success than more power to ya I guess. I'm content with both are successes and our failures because I know the Lakers will always be back

Spursmania
02-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Last time I looked, Lakers lost last year and KOBE cried(boo hoo hoo). :lmao
Did you forget? So stop bragging until you actually do win a championship this year. Also, if you hate the spurs so much why are you so interested in this Spur site? HHMMM...is it because we're in your heads...

Even Joey Crawford won't save your team this playoff year. SPURS in 09":flag::lobt2:

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 02:53 PM
That's the difference...we don't hate you guys (at least I don't). You are good rivals and ones that we own. The suns fans hate the spurs because they can't beat them, just like you hate the Lakers because the Spurs can't beat them--that and the fact that we're about to overshadow the greatest era of Spurs basketball. It's not healthy to hate my son:toast

Last time I looked, Lakers lost last year and KOBE cried(boo hoo hoo). :lmao
Did you forget? So stop bragging until you actually do win a championship this year. Also, if you hate the spurs so much why are you so interested in this Spur site? HHMMM...is it because we're in your heads...

Even Joey Crawford won't save your team this playoff year. SPURS in 09":flag::lobt2:

PM me if you're interested in reading lessons...I'll give you a good rate

spursfan09
02-21-2009, 02:53 PM

No its easy to hate the Lakers because they are the big market team, and everyone wants to see them win. You also have Mr. arrogance as the leading face of your team. My point was that whenever you have a team beat your own team you don't mind seeing them lose. Like the Mavs in 06 when they beat us. Spur fans enjoyed thier meltdown as well. It's just funny that teams play so hard against the Spurs and forget there are other games to be played. But I guess if you can't win the championship- gang up on the last team you beat to make yourself feel better as fans of a team that came in second. Ok I'm done because it's not easy trying to argue with the Laker fans who refuse to use logic.

PS. I'm a woman, and also don't worry about my health.:toast

spursfan09
02-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey if you need validation from another team's success than more power to ya I guess. I'm content with both are successes and our failures because I know the Lakers will always be back

:lol what?

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 03:04 PM
DeadlyDynasty put it best. Laker fans don't hate the Spurs. It's kind of hard to hate a team that you've owned for the past two decades.

lefty
02-21-2009, 03:06 PM
deadlydynasty put it best. Laker fans don't hate the spurs. It's kind of hard to hate a team that david stern owned for the past two decades.

fify

Agloco
02-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Bird's Celtics are considered a dynasty? I disagree. They were a great team but I would not call them dynastic, most especially since they were unable to repeat. By definition, Dynasty is the dominance or rule of one family (or team in this case) over a particular era. The 80's belonged to the Lakers: Five titles, 8 appearances (including a repeat). The 60's Celtics were a dynasty (the greatest in sports history), as were the 90s Bulls. The late 40s and most of 50s belong to the Minneapolis Lakers. The 70s were a grab bag of teams, nobody owning that decade.

In the 00's, it's a wash, but that'll be a moot point when LA takes #4 in 6 appearances during a 9-year span. All those teams mentioned above, including this decade's Lakers, have defended their title. The Spurs have had 4 chances to defend their title but could never play with the bullseye on their back

And somehow you concluded that repeating is a requisite qualifier? Sorry you fail badly. If anything your definition leads one to conclude that an extended period of time is needed to evaluate a body of work rather than a short one.

A hypothetical for you. If the Spurs were to win this year, that would make it 4 out of 7. Is 4 out of 7 every other year < 3 straight? You used the word era as part of your definition above. So is an era more closely approximated by a 3 year span or 7 years?

Just curious......

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 03:09 PM
No its easy to hate the Lakers because they are the big market team, and everyone wants to see them win. You also have Mr. arrogance as the leading face of your team. My point was that whenever you have a team beat your own team you don't mind seeing them lose. Like the Mavs in 06 when they beat us. Spur fans enjoyed thier meltdown as well. It's just funny that teams play so hard against the Spurs and forget there are other games to be played. But I guess if you can't win the championship- gang up on the last team you beat to make yourself feel better as fans of a team that came in second. Ok I'm done because it's not easy trying to argue with the Laker fans who refuse to use logic.

PS. I'm a woman, and also don't worry about my health.:toast

Ok, let's break this down...
1. They forgot there were other games because "they played the Spurs so hard":rollin The Spurs were done in 5 games and we were beaten by the better team. Boston was the best team in the NBA wire-to-wire that year and they exposed our lack of rebounding and interior D (something SA was unable to do).
2. "gang up on the last team you beat to make yourself feel better as fans of a team that came in second." WTF are you talking about? If you don't like the back and forth banter than don't participate. How can we gang up on you ON YOUR OWN SITE?!
3. "Ok I'm done because it's not easy trying to argue with the Laker fans who refuse to use logic."--don't run away from defending your asinine comments with, "ok i'm done, but i'll give one last parting shot." Please explain the logic of which you speak, because you clearly aren't using any in this argument.

"PS. I'm a woman"--If I'd have known that last week I would've sent you a custom Lakers jersey for Valentine's Day. :toast

benefactor
02-21-2009, 03:10 PM
By definition, Dynasty is the dominance or rule of one family (or team in this case) over a particular era.
This is why everything is so subject to interpretation. We can sit here all day with arguments about who is right and at the end of the day its in the eye of the beholder.

Everyone says that repeating matters...therefore the Spurs aren't a dynasty. Is the Spurs all-time best winning percentage over the last 10 years with 4 titles sprinkled in considered a dominant era?

Laker fans say that the Shaq/Kobe Lakers were a dynasty, but if we go by the definition is four years really an era of dominance? How long is an era? Could the Lakers now and the Lakers then be considered two separate eras because the Lakers didn't make the playoffs in '05 and got booted in the first round in the two following seasons?

Lots of questions...and the answers will always be weighted by whichever side a fan is standing on. This is probably the biggest reason I don't bother with debates like this, because no one is right.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 03:13 PM
:lol what?

Forgive me, I have to remind myself sometimes that I post on a spurs forum. Next time I'll use smaller, monosyllabic words so you can understand.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 03:16 PM
And somehow you concluded that repeating is a requisite qualifier? Sorry you fail badly. If anything your definition leads one to conclude that an extended period of time is needed to evaluate a body of work rather than a short one.

A hypothetical for you. If the Spurs were to win this year, that would make it 4 out of 7. Is 4 out of 7 every other year < 3 straight? You used the word era as part of your definition above. So is an era more closely approximated by a 3 year span or 7 years?

Just curious......

In your own, misguided, biased opinion.

Better Hypothetical..."if the Spurs would have repeated any of the FOUR CHANCES THEY HAD TO DO SO, would they be considered a dynasty?"

an emphatic yes. Defend your title, show that you can play with the bullseye on your back.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 03:19 PM
This is why everything is so subject to interpretation. We can sit here all day with arguments about who is right and at the end of the day its in the eye of the beholder.

Everyone says that repeating matters...therefore the Spurs aren't a dynasty. Is the Spurs all-time best winning percentage over the last 10 years with 4 titles sprinkled in considered a dominant era?

Laker fans say that the Shaq/Kobe Lakers were a dynasty, but if we go by the definition is four years really an era of dominance? How long is an era? Could the Lakers now and the Lakers then be considered two separate eras because the Lakers didn't make the playoffs in '05 and got booted in the first round in the two following seasons?

Lots of questions...and the answers will always be weighted by whichever side a fan is standing on. This is probably the biggest reason I don't bother with debates like this, because no one is right.
It's an endless debate man, but I love talking about it nonetheless cause it gets both sides riled up. Also doesn't hurt that I'm working dispatch today and getting paid to argue this:hat

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
IMHO in order to be considered a dynasty the minimum requirement must be that your team was at least the best team of that decade.

The 90's Bulls can say that, the Showtime Lakers can say that, the Russell Celtics can say that.

The '00 3-peat Lakers can't say that and neither can the Spurs. There are two seasons left to determine who is the team of THIS decade and ultimately which team we can consider to be a dynasty.

spursfan09
02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
DeadlyDynasty put it best. Laker fans don't hate the Spurs. It's kind of hard to hate a team that you've owned for the past two decades.

Ok but I spend no time at a Suns board or another team's board that we have beaten before. so something's going on here

benefactor
02-21-2009, 03:22 PM
It's an endless debate man, but I love talking about it nonetheless cause it gets both sides riled up. Also doesn't hurt that I'm working dispatch today and getting paid to argue this:hat
I have done it for years now...flipped it on its head and back over again. I guess I'm just burnt out.

I also get paid on the regular to post on ST. :tu

spursfan09
02-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Forgive me, I have to remind myself sometimes that I post on a spurs forum. Next time I'll use smaller, monosyllabic words so you can understand.

no I understand. I just meant that I don't feel like that at all, but facial expressions and other reactions get lost through the internets. Speaking of being on a spurs forum, well will the obession stop and when will you leave?

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 03:27 PM
I have done it for years now...flipped it on its head and back over again. I guess I'm just burnt out.

I also get paid on the regular to post on ST. :tu

Yeah, we could beat this dead horse till there's nothing but a bloody, gooey mess:lol. I agree with Dr. House though on his last post...let's see how these next 2 years play out to determine who was the real winner of this decade.

spursfan09
02-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Ok, let's break this down...
1. They forgot there were other games because "they played the Spurs so hard":rollin The Spurs were done in 5 games and we were beaten by the better team. Boston was the best team in the NBA wire-to-wire that year and they exposed our lack of rebounding and interior D (something SA was unable to do).
2. "gang up on the last team you beat to make yourself feel better as fans of a team that came in second." WTF are you talking about? If you don't like the back and forth banter than don't participate. How can we gang up on you ON YOUR OWN SITE?!
3. "Ok I'm done because it's not easy trying to argue with the Laker fans who refuse to use logic."--don't run away from defending your asinine comments with, "ok i'm done, but i'll give one last parting shot." Please explain the logic of which you speak, because you clearly aren't using any in this argument.

"PS. I'm a woman"--If I'd have known that last week I would've sent you a custom Lakers jersey for Valentine's Day. :toast

Damn you I should be studying for my accounting test!

1. Glad to see you admitted to losing to a better team. And the Spurs did also. I think the Lakers did play hard against the Spurs to win, if you don't then that just shows what I already know. You don't have respect for the Spurs which is fine. My point was that its fun to see the Lakers lose EVEN IF THEY BEAT THE SPURS THAT YEAR.

2. maybe "gang up" was the wrong word, but come on, its not like you are in Boston's site talking shit. It just seems alot of Laker fans like to come in here and taunt us, even though the Lakers couldn't finish the job. And if you Laker fans claim to no respect us or are scared, you sure do spend alot of time in here.

3. I would burn that jersey because being a Laker fan would never appeal to me. A big market team, that is treated by fans and media like they are entitled to everyting. No thanks

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 03:32 PM
no I understand. I just meant that I don't feel like that at all, but facial expressions and other reactions get lost through the internets. Speaking of being on a spurs forum, well will the obession stop and when will you leave?

I prefer to post on the opponent's forum in b-ball, football, and baseball. What's the interest in just agreeing with everybody on your own site about how good you are? Rival posting livens up the conversation on any board and offers a different perspective other than unabashed homerism.

"when will you leave?"

When my time here is through:toast

Agloco
02-21-2009, 03:33 PM
IMHO in order to be considered a dynasty the minimum requirement must be that your team was at least the best team of that decade.

The 90's Bulls can say that, the Showtime Lakers can say that, the Russell Celtics can say that.

The '00 3-peat Lakers can't say that and neither can the Spurs. There are two seasons left to determine who is the team of THIS decade and ultimately which team we can consider to be a dynasty.

One could consider 94-04 or even 97-07. What then? How does 3 straight compare to 4 out of 7 in that limit? Duration vs rate

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Damn you I should be studying for my accounting test!

1. Glad to see you admitted to losing to a better team. And the Spurs did also. I think the Lakers did play hard against the Spurs to win, if you don't then that just shows what I already know. You don't have respect for the Spurs which is fine. My point was that its fun to see the Lakers lose EVEN IF THEY BEAT THE SPURS THAT YEAR.

2. maybe "gang up" was the wrong word, but come on, its not like you are in Boston's site talking shit. It just seems alot of Laker fans like to come in here and taunt us, even though the Lakers couldn't finish the job. And if you Laker fans claim to no respect us or are scared, you sure do spend alot of time in here.

3. I would burn that jersey because being a Laker fan would never appeal to me. A big market team, that is treated by fans and media like they are entitled to everyting. No thanks

1-2. I very much respect the Spurs. I'm a big Tim Duncan fan--the guy is a class act and quite possibly the best PF ever. Afterall, you are the closest thing we have to a rival, and the feeling is reciprocated. The Suns were never your rivals, just like the Kings and Blazers were never ours because they were one-sided contests.

3. I think the thought of burning the jersey would cross your mind, but ultimately, holding that symbol of decades-long excellence in your arms would make you quiver and succumb to the Lakers charm:lol

Go do your accounting sweetheart:toast

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 03:46 PM
One could consider 94-04 or even 97-07. What then? How does 3 straight compare to 4 out of 7 in that limit? Duration vs rate

Keep in mind that this decade is not through and the Lakers may very well take the title this year (gotta be the favorites as of now).

LA won 3 straight from 2000-2002 and has been to 5 NBA Finals in 8 years. SA has won 4 in 9 years, but never defended their crown. We could argue this the live long day, but like Dr. House said--let's see how these next 2 years play out then we'll see who won the decade

spursfan09
02-21-2009, 03:50 PM
When my time here is through

What's the interest in just agreeing with everybody on your own site about how good you are?

Good point, but Spur fans do a great job of coming down hard on the team. Read this forum after a loss. Or perhaps read a Tony Parker thread after a loss. :lol I guarantee to you no Laker fans would ever say things like that about Kobe.

Brazil
02-21-2009, 03:55 PM
http://www.faniq.com/nba-photo/Jun-_25th_Sports_Illustrated_Cover/34634,collection,34321_22,collected,1/

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 04:04 PM

Good point, but Spur fans do a great job of coming down hard on the team. Read this forum after a loss. Or perhaps read a Tony Parker thread after a loss. :lol I guarantee to you no Laker fans would ever say things like that about Kobe.

:lol I wouldn't go so far as to say that...he was a bastard yesterday with his 1-on-1 obsession with Posey. Good thing he snapped out of it in time and it didn't cost us:nope

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 04:04 PM
http://www.faniq.com/nba-photo/Jun-_25th_Sports_Illustrated_Cover/34634,collection,34321_22,collected,1/

congrats, one man's opinion about a 10-year period that's not even over yet

lefty
02-21-2009, 04:23 PM

We're the best of the 2000's decade

4 titles

Lakers: 3

And I don't think the Lakers will win before 2010

Thanks for making my point
:tu

Brazil
02-21-2009, 04:41 PM
congrats, one man's opinion about a 10-year period that's not even over yet

sports illustrated = one man's opinion ?

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
We're the best of the 2000's decade

4 titles

Lakers: 3

And I don't think the Lakers will win before 2010

Thanks for making my point
:tu
"We're the best of the 2000's decade"

Considering it's not even over yet maybe you should stop making those claims.

"And I don't think the Lakers will win before 2010"

Thanks, no need to play the next 2 years then. While you're looking in the crystal ball, can I have tonight's lotto #'s?:rolleyes

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
sports illustrated = one man's opinion ?

Jack McCallum

lefty
02-21-2009, 04:51 PM
"we're the best of the 2000's decade"

considering it's not even over yet maybe you should stop making those claims.

"and i don't think the lakers will win before 2010"

thanks, no need to play the next 2 years then. While you're looking in the crystal ball, can i have tonight's lotto #'s?:rolleyes

9 20 8 21 12 40 15 5

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 05:11 PM
9 20 8 21 12 40 15 5

that's too many...I'll seriously play them if you drop 1. If I win then I'll agree with you that the spurs will be the best of the 00's and you'll never hear from me on this site again (so pick well, cause I know that's an offer you like:lol)

lefty
02-21-2009, 05:18 PM
that's too many...I'll seriously play them if you drop 1. If I win then I'll agree with you that the spurs will be the best of the 00's and you'll never hear from me on this site again (so pick well, cause I know that's an offer you like:lol)

Then I'm dropping Bonner (# 15 )

Spur-Addict
02-21-2009, 05:22 PM
9 20 8 21 12 40 15 5

:lmao

Agloco
02-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Keep in mind that this decade is not through and the Lakers may very well take the title this year (gotta be the favorites as of now).

LA won 3 straight from 2000-2002 and has been to 5 NBA Finals in 8 years. SA has won 4 in 9 years, but never defended their crown. We could argue this the live long day, but like Dr. House said--let's see how these next 2 years play out then we'll see who won the decade

You missed the boat......

I proposed that assessing any "decade" is a dynamic process versus a static one, sorta like sliding a ruler which measures out 10 years along a timeline. Decades are never "through", it's a continuous thing. In your mind's eye decades can only exist within a 00 to 09 or 80 to 89, etc, frame. You can't compartmentalize time like that, it's not a discrete entity. Read my quote above closely.

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Actually in sports when we talk about decades we specifically are referring to static entities (i.e. 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's) with strictly defined start/stop years.

Nobody ever talks about decades in sports the way you are describing (i.e. 1997-2007).

So when we say team of the decade it is known universally that we are referring to the 2000-2010 time frame.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Actually in sports when we talk about decades we specifically are referring to static entities (i.e. 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's) with strictly defined start/stop years.

Nobody ever talks about decades in sports the way you are describing (i.e. 1997-2007).

So when we say team of the decade it is known universally that we are referring to the 2000-2010 time frame.

Spur logic

TD4THREE
02-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Spur logicOh yes, silly spurs fans for considering the last ten years a decade.:lol .:rolleyes

Man In Black
02-21-2009, 08:47 PM

Typical of the Laker fan who has Celtic envy because he knows that LA CANNOT pass the Celtics in the Kobe era.
I mean hell, Those Minneapolis titles that you guys claim takes the cake. I remember the season that Sacto pushed the LAL to the brink and tons of Laker fans were saying that the Kings Franchise is a never had a title team, WHEN IN FACT, the franchise has one when they were based in Rochester. Except, Kings fans don't claim that like Laker fans claim Minneapolis.

If the Spurs were based in New York, then it would be talked about as a dynasty. It's a location issue, nothing more, nothing less.

You ask anyone relevant in Pro Basketball, like I have, Lets say Bob Lanier or Doctor J, or even the late great Chick Hearn... I've talked to all 3 and all of them have told me the same thing. The Bird Celtics' are a dynasty, and Doctor J and Big Bob told me that the Spurs are a dynasty as well.

2 NBA legends 1
Laker fan blowhards zero

:bking I'm still the King

mrpuente
02-21-2009, 09:00 PM

if thats so..

fucking pathetic....

Well it was more like Laker fans rubbing it in Spurs fans faces that they beat us, because they are the better team.

Spurs fans argument was that we werent 100%. If Lakers beat us 100% then there wouldve been no excuses.

Look at how pathetic you are coming into a SPURS forum talking shit.
Come in the bees nest you bound to get stung

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Typical of the Laker fan who has Celtic envy because he knows that LA CANNOT pass the Celtics in the Kobe era.
I mean hell, Those Minneapolis titles that you guys claim takes the cake. I remember the season that Sacto pushed the LAL to the brink and tons of Laker fans were saying that the Kings Franchise is a never had a title team, WHEN IN FACT, the franchise has one when they were based in Rochester. Except, Kings fans don't claim that like Laker fans claim Minneapolis.

If the Spurs were based in New York, then it would be talked about as a dynasty. It's a location issue, nothing more, nothing less.

You ask anyone relevant in Pro Basketball, like I have, Lets say Bob Lanier or Doctor J, or even the late great Chick Hearn... I've talked to all 3 and all of them have told me the same thing. The Bird Celtics' are a dynasty, and Doctor J and Big Bob told me that the Spurs are a dynasty as well.

2 NBA legends 1
Laker fan blowhards zero

:bking I'm still the King

Please, Kings fans DID claim the Rochester Royals one so right off the bat you're full of shit. I remember that shit vividly when I used to talk smack on the forum (btw, what happened to that board?)

"You ask anyone relevant in Pro Basketball, like I have, Lets say Bob Lanier or Doctor J, or even the late great Chick Hearn... I've talked to all 3 and all of them have told me the same thing. The Bird Celtics' are a dynasty, and Doctor J and Big Bob told me that the Spurs are a dynasty as well."

Yeah? well I talked to Otis at the local exxon, Betty from Citizen's Bank, and Jimbo from the Quaker Steak and Lube and they don't get how you can call the Spurs a dynasty when they couldn't sack up and defend any of their titles. Also, how can you be considered a dynasty when there's another team that's been to the finals 5 times w/ 3 Titles in the same era--and most likely gonna garner #4 to cap the decade. Here's an easy way to settle this argument: wait till the decade is over and tally the results.

":bking I'm still the King"
don't break your neck trying to fellate yourself:wow

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 09:12 PM

Well it was more like Laker fans rubbing it in Spurs fans faces that they beat us, because they are the better team.

Spurs fans argument was that we werent 100%. If Lakers beat us 100% then there wouldve been no excuses.

Look at how pathetic you are coming into a SPURS forum talking shit.
Come in the bees nest you bound to get stung

The Lakers weren't 100% either...

You guys had your chances...you were up 20 in 2 different games but were too mentally weak to hold on. Once again, your repeat bid ends at the hands of us. What could have been SA...:depressed

mrpuente
02-21-2009, 09:20 PM
The Lakers weren't 100% either...

You guys had your chances...you were up 20 in 2 different games but were too mentally weak to hold on. Once again, your repeat bid ends at the hands of us. What could have been SA...:depressed

Ahh...The age old argument Laker fans beat into their skulls. Bynum to Lakers = Manu to Spurs. HAHA

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Ahh...The age old argument Laker fans beat into their skulls. Bynum to Lakers = Manu to Spurs. HAHA

Ahh, the age old excuses Spurs fans pass on to future geneations of whiners: "We never get beat, it's always injuries or the officiating."

mrpuente
02-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Ahh, the age old excuses Spurs fans pass on to future geneations of whiners: &quot;We never get beat, it's always injuries or the officiating.&quot;

Says a Laker fan..............:lmao:

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Says a Laker fan..............:lmao:

FAIL

I've never blamed either for a Laker loss. Thanks for playing:hat

Next

mrpuente
02-21-2009, 09:53 PM
FAIL

I've never blamed either for a Laker loss. Thanks for playing:hat

Next

my bad i guess youre in that 1%.

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 10:46 PM
:lmao at Spur fan crying about Manu being hurt last season while completely ignoring the fact that both Bynum and Ariza did not play. The playing field was equal in that series and the better team won. Had Bynum and Ariza been available to play you're looking at a 4-0 sweep. At least Manu played, and was good enough to win you one game.

I don't believe the Spurs can call themselves a dynasty until they can prove they were the best team in this decade. It's that simple. If the Lakers don't win this season or next the Spurs can call themselves the team of the decade and a dynasty for all I care. But there is no way on this planet that any Spur fan can annoint their team a dynasty when another team was better than them and accomplished more in the same fucking decade. That's ludicrous.

timaios
02-21-2009, 11:09 PM

FYI a decade is 1-->10

2001-2010 is a decade not 2000-2010 (11 years)
The 1st year of christian calendar was "year 1" not "year 0"
The 1st decade of christian calendar was 1-10 (count on your fingers : 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10)
1st century 1-100
1st millenium 1-1000
2nd millenium 1001-2000
3rd millenium 2001... (yes the beginning of 3rd millenium was the 1st day of 2001 not the 1st day of 2000 !!!)

1st decade of 3rd millenium is 2001-2010

But a decade is also a 10-year period. (i.e. 1999-2008 is a decade)

Man In Black
02-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Yeah? well I talked to Otis at the local exxon, Betty from Citizen's Bank, and Jimbo from the Quaker Steak and Lube and they don't get how you can call the Spurs a dynasty when they couldn't sack up and defend any of their titles.

How many seasons of NBA pro hoops have they played?

MIB + 2 NBA Legends =3
Dead DieNasty=0

RECOGNIZE...It's simple math. When someone said, in this decade, it's linguistically correct to just go back ten years FROM THAT POINT. Since it's 2009 now, you just go back 10 years. 1999 to 2008-2009 season is 10 seasons. Since the 09 playoffs have yet to be determined, the score still stands at Spurs 4-Lakers 3.
Easy Math.

Now again, I AM THE KING :bking

Why is it that you like to talk about Auto-Fellatio? You must have personal experience :lmao

underdawg
02-21-2009, 11:27 PM
:lmao at Spur fan crying about Manu being hurt last season while completely ignoring the fact that both Bynum and Ariza did not play. The playing field was equal in that series and the better team won. Had Bynum and Ariza been available to play you're looking at a 4-0 sweep. At least Manu played, and was good enough to win you one game.

I don't believe the Spurs can call themselves a dynasty until they can prove they were the best team in this decade. It's that simple. If the Lakers don't win this season or next the Spurs can call themselves the team of the decade and a dynasty for all I care. But there is no way on this planet that any Spur fan can annoint their team a dynasty when another team was better than them and accomplished more in the same fucking decade. That's ludicrous.

I didn't watch a lot of laker games last year, but you can't tell me that Bynum and Ariza were as important to the lakers last year as Manu was to the Spurs. Manu was having probably his best season of his career, while Bynum and Ariza were just starting to play. That's where the difference was and it showed in the playoffs - period.

timaios
02-21-2009, 11:30 PM
How many seasons of NBA pro hoops have they played?

MIB + 2 NBA Legends =3
Dead DieNasty=0

RECOGNIZE...It's simple math. When someone said, in this decade, it's linguistically correct to just go back ten years FROM THAT POINT. Since it's 2009 now, you just go back 10 years. 1999 to 2008-2009 season is 10 seasons. Since the 09 playoffs have yet to be determined, the score still stands at Spurs 4-Lakers 3.
Easy Math.

Now again, I AM THE KING :bking

Why is it that you like to talk about Auto-Fellatio? You must have personal experience :lmao

Hum... no!

1998-1999 (1) Spurs
1999-2000 (2) Lakers
2000-2001 (3) Lakers
2001-2002 (4) Lakers
2002-2003 (5) Spurs
2003-2004 (6) Pistons
2004-2005 (7) Spurs
2005-2006 (8) Heat
2006-2007 (9) Spurs
2007-2008 (10) Celtics
2008-2009 (11) ???

Again,
1999-2008 is a decade.
2000-2009 is a decade.

1999-2009 is a 11-year period.

So the 1st "post Jordan" decade is 1999-2008 :
4 titles for the Spurs
3 titles for the Lakers
1 title for the Pistons
1 title for the Heat
1 title for the Celtics
= 10 titles

The "official" decade is 2001-2010
3 titles for the Spurs
2 titles for the Lakers
1 title for the Pistons
1 title for the Heat
1 title for the Celtics
= 8 titles
+2009 ???
+2010 ???

Man In Black
02-21-2009, 11:32 PM
http://booksetall.blogspot.com/2009_02_01_archive.html
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2009
Rethinking San Antonio
For years people have been trying to articulate exactly what the San Antonio Spurs are. Are they thorough, or just downright boring, or both? Can they be considered anything less than the most dominant force in the NBA for the past decade, at least insofar as they seem to be in complete control of whether they win or loose, each year? Is their defense the source of their dominance, or their offense? Is there, in fact, nothing at all worthy considering about them?

During the playoffs last year a freedarko blog suggested that the Spurs were important for the NBA as a kind of litmus test against which the potentially dominant teams in the league might test themselves (i.e. you are not a legit team until you can beat the Spurs in a best-of-seven series). It was an argument so clearly stated that it was unavoidable, a point so thoroughly manifest-although not obvious- that one had to agree. The Onion ran a headline just before the Spurs/Cavs Finals that indirectly prefigured this idea: "Tim Duncan Rooting for Cavaliers for Good of NBA." The Spurs swept the series and Sports Illustrated ran a headline that I thought at the time was either insulting because it was too appropriate, or appropriate because it was too insulting: "The Quiet Dynasty." Initially I took "quiet" to, at the very least, strongly suggest the fact that no one watched the Finals, or even more so that most people felt as though the best part of the Finals was that it wasn't another Pistons/Spurs series.

When I watched the Christmas Day game against the Suns-one of three games I've watched this whole year- I reconsidered that headline. Greg Poppovich's beard, Tim Duncan's overwhelming rationality, Tony Parker's belligerently effeminate tear drop all began to recede in the background as the game progressed, got interesting, then got really close towards the end and the one overwhelming mood that washed over me was the newly indelibly manifest demonstration of how little they give a shit about anyone trying to figure them out, criticize them, praise them. And then I realized what it is that they are, which had been hitherto so elusive. The Spurs are laconic.

Laconic derives from the Greek word "Lacadaemon." The Lacadaemonians are more commonly known as the Spartans, men and women who were known in ancient times just as much for their quietude as their prowess on the battlefield. Silence was for ancient writers, like Herodotus, Plutarch, Xenophon and Plato, often the most salient characteristic of the Spartans. The only rival characteristic to their reluctance to speak was, of course, their military skill. The word "laconic" consequently carries with it the alarming suggestion that the person not speaking could- without any large production- throw a spear through your head.

The way the Spurs play right now, and the way they played against the Suns on Christmas day, is, if you take the time to consider it, scary. While a loud, wild, crazy person with a gun freaks the shit out of you, a calm, quiet and determined person with a gun is horrifying. This is why no one is scared to play the Warriors, or the Nuggets from last year. The Spurs quietly amassed the second best record in a weird and unpredictable and offensively explosive conference, and continue to turn young guards and "what-could-only-be-described-as-a-San-Antonio-draft-pick" players into shockingly consistent role players.

The Spurs are often boring, but they are only boring in the way that a conversation with a Spartan would be boring. The point is that the Spartans didn't waste their time having conversations because they were too busy trying to be excellent, virtuous men and women. A testament to this is the fact that we don't have books by Spartans about Spartans, or any books at all by Spartans. The Spurs' quiet dynasty is important for the NBA precisely because of what it is: it is not "personal chemistry" or smothering defense that makes a team dominant. Those things help a team win. Dominance comes from a communal obsession with virtue, an unwavering (and thereby seemingly dull) commitment to what Plato called "the good." Such things are rare, especially in the NBA. Rarity itself is not a virtue, but virtue is.
POSTED BY MAXWELL KUH

Man In Black
02-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Hum... no!

1998-1999 (1)
1999-2000 (2)
2000-2001 (3)
2001-2002 (4)
2002-2003 (5)
2003-2004 (6)
2004-2005 (7)
2005-2006 (8)
2006-2007 (9)
2007-2008 (10)
2008-2009 (11)

Again 1999-2008 is a decade.
2000-2009 is a decade.

1999-2009 is a 11-year period.
Okay...So in 11 years, it's still Spurs 4, Lakers 3.

manufor3
02-21-2009, 11:41 PM

so you make it 29 time out of a longer history, and only win 14. thats less than .500

manufor3
02-21-2009, 11:52 PM
this has got to be one of the most unintelligent threads ive ever read. drhouse being the main idiot of the thread

ClingingMars
02-22-2009, 02:05 AM
Whenever I die on Gears of War, I say the sun was in my eyes. Try that one.

who still plays that game? (other than Horde mode)

rascal
02-22-2009, 12:11 PM

You are right. I can't stand those type of spur fans and many of them are here on this board. After the lakers stole Gasol in the rip off deal they passed the Spurs as the better team. Pop even agrees the Lakers are better.

TampaDude
02-22-2009, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodiAAns6Jk

Great miracle shot, but it was all for nothing. The Lakers got assraped by the Pistons in the Finals. :lmao

Spursfan092120
02-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Great miracle shot, but it was all for nothing. The Lakers got assraped by the Pistons in the Finals. :lmao

And if the guy running the clock wasn't a complete retard, the shot wouldn't have counted anyway.

mrpuente
02-22-2009, 01:26 PM
You are right. I can't stand those type of spur fans and many of them are here on this board. After the lakers stole Gasol in the rip off deal they passed the Spurs as the better team. Pop even agrees the Lakers are better.
Sure they have more talent, but its how you use that talent. Pop knows how to do this. Change Pop for Phil and Lakers would win last years ship, this years ship, and a couple to follow.

silk
02-22-2009, 03:52 PM
http://booksetall.blogspot.com/2009_02_01_archive.html
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2009
Rethinking San Antonio
For years people have been trying to articulate exactly what the San Antonio Spurs are. Are they thorough, or just downright boring, or both? Can they be considered anything less than the most dominant force in the NBA for the past decade, at least insofar as they seem to be in complete control of whether they win or loose, each year? Is their defense the source of their dominance, or their offense? Is there, in fact, nothing at all worthy considering about them?

During the playoffs last year a freedarko blog suggested that the Spurs were important for the NBA as a kind of litmus test against which the potentially dominant teams in the league might test themselves (i.e. you are not a legit team until you can beat the Spurs in a best-of-seven series). It was an argument so clearly stated that it was unavoidable, a point so thoroughly manifest-although not obvious- that one had to agree. The Onion ran a headline just before the Spurs/Cavs Finals that indirectly prefigured this idea: "Tim Duncan Rooting for Cavaliers for Good of NBA." The Spurs swept the series and Sports Illustrated ran a headline that I thought at the time was either insulting because it was too appropriate, or appropriate because it was too insulting: "The Quiet Dynasty." Initially I took "quiet" to, at the very least, strongly suggest the fact that no one watched the Finals, or even more so that most people felt as though the best part of the Finals was that it wasn't another Pistons/Spurs series.

When I watched the Christmas Day game against the Suns-one of three games I've watched this whole year- I reconsidered that headline. Greg Poppovich's beard, Tim Duncan's overwhelming rationality, Tony Parker's belligerently effeminate tear drop all began to recede in the background as the game progressed, got interesting, then got really close towards the end and the one overwhelming mood that washed over me was the newly indelibly manifest demonstration of how little they give a shit about anyone trying to figure them out, criticize them, praise them. And then I realized what it is that they are, which had been hitherto so elusive. The Spurs are laconic.

Laconic derives from the Greek word "Lacadaemon." The Lacadaemonians are more commonly known as the Spartans, men and women who were known in ancient times just as much for their quietude as their prowess on the battlefield. Silence was for ancient writers, like Herodotus, Plutarch, Xenophon and Plato, often the most salient characteristic of the Spartans. The only rival characteristic to their reluctance to speak was, of course, their military skill. The word "laconic" consequently carries with it the alarming suggestion that the person not speaking could- without any large production- throw a spear through your head.

The way the Spurs play right now, and the way they played against the Suns on Christmas day, is, if you take the time to consider it, scary. While a loud, wild, crazy person with a gun freaks the shit out of you, a calm, quiet and determined person with a gun is horrifying. This is why no one is scared to play the Warriors, or the Nuggets from last year. The Spurs quietly amassed the second best record in a weird and unpredictable and offensively explosive conference, and continue to turn young guards and "what-could-only-be-described-as-a-San-Antonio-draft-pick" players into shockingly consistent role players.

The Spurs are often boring, but they are only boring in the way that a conversation with a Spartan would be boring. The point is that the Spartans didn't waste their time having conversations because they were too busy trying to be excellent, virtuous men and women. A testament to this is the fact that we don't have books by Spartans about Spartans, or any books at all by Spartans. The Spurs' quiet dynasty is important for the NBA precisely because of what it is: it is not "personal chemistry" or smothering defense that makes a team dominant. Those things help a team win. Dominance comes from a communal obsession with virtue, an unwavering (and thereby seemingly dull) commitment to what Plato called "the good." Such things are rare, especially in the NBA. Rarity itself is not a virtue, but virtue is.
POSTED BY MAXWELL KUH

sorry but this article comparing Spurs and Spartans is too spot on and well written to no be at least quoted

I admit i'm kind of biased, any article associating spurs and plato is to be great

Spursfan092120
02-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Sure they have more talent, but its how you use that talent. Pop knows how to do this. Change Pop for Phil and Lakers would win last years ship, this years ship, and a couple to follow.

Agreed. Pop is the best coach in the league every year. Couldn't believe Doc Rivers got it. I love Doc..he was a Spur...but there is no way in hell he deserved coach of the year. Before Garnett and Allen, Doc led them to a blistering 24-58 record. Come on..this is obviously not a team that wins because of coaching. And Phil is the same situation. He always coached the team with the best player. He had a chance to coach the Knicks a while back..the team he played for, and bring them back up, and turned it down, saying he didn't want to coach anymore, and that he'd never coach Kobe again. What's he doing now? Pop is a MUCH better coach.

Lakers999
03-12-2009, 02:33 AM
okay its time to bring this one back.......

btw.... GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT SA

Horse
03-12-2009, 05:38 AM
First of all, it's not his knee. Thanks for keeping up with the NBA. Second of all, MAN that is one long sentence! Congrats on making something not only long, but also completely stupid and devoid of structure. And and and.

:lol So if you guys lose you won't use it as an excuse. Bookmark this thread plz.

And how bout the fact that it is impossible to catch the ball, take a dribble, turn and and shoot in 4 tenths of a second.

slayermin
03-12-2009, 06:43 AM

Typical front running, bandwagon Laker fan. Why wasn't your punk ass on this forum last season talking shit?

You better be here during the playoffs.