02-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Hahahaha, I love it!

Xylus
02-20-2009, 11:27 PM
41 points for Barbosa, 16/21 FG

Amare who?

lurker
02-20-2009, 11:27 PM
:lol I was getting anxious when Dragic traveled. That was fun.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Yeah, two long jumpers by Barbosa to seal it, and a career high 41pts.

Totally different team... methinks they didn't like Terry Porter very much. :lol

Spurs Brazil
02-20-2009, 11:28 PM
3 straight 140, that's good O

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Fluke stretch

der Kaiser
02-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Quick everyone lets hand the Suns the NBA title. They are an offensive juggernaut.
Lets just forget that they did it against two teams with combined record of 26 and 84.

lil_penny
02-20-2009, 11:30 PM
You've got to be kidding me lol 140 3 games in a row haha.

der Kaiser
02-20-2009, 11:31 PM
And that they are undersized and play no D

lefty
02-20-2009, 11:31 PM
140 pt games against crappy teams, but still........

The Suns are rejuvenated

der Kaiser
02-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Other than that the Suns are locks for the finals

Xylus
Quick everyone lets hand the Suns the NBA title. They are an offensive juggernaut.
Lets just forget that they did it against two teams with combined record of 26 and 84.

LOL, you're not going to bring me down tonight. Horrible first half of the season, Amare's injured for the rest of the season... This year's been so bad for us. We needed this.

lefty
Other than that the Suns are locks for the finals

:lmao

sribb43
02-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Hand the Suns the trophy

lurker
02-20-2009, 11:34 PM
So many Debbie Downers. Geez.

Ghazi
02-20-2009, 11:38 PM
I will say, regardless of competition, scoring 140+ points in 3 straight games is an impressive feat in the NBA.

Should just leave it at that, no need to say the Suns aren't contenders when we knew they weren't such before the season started.

crc21209
02-20-2009, 11:51 PM
2 games against the Clippers, and one against the Thunder. And Sunday's game wont even have KG so who knows how that one will end up, but still No Amare=long shot for playoffs.

JoeTait75
02-20-2009, 11:53 PM

Don't be a hater.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-20-2009, 11:59 PM
So many Debbie Downers. Geez.

No kidding.

tomtom
02-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Wow forget the haters that just incredible offense no matter what team you're playing. I'm looking forward to see how it holds against a + .500 team though.

sook
02-21-2009, 12:00 AM
140 points in every game since they got rid of that crap coach is amazing any way you look at it.

Suns are playing at the level they should be playing at, why is everyone surprised?

Suns are a LEGIT contender.

Ghazi
02-21-2009, 12:02 AM
140 points in every game since they got rid of that crap coach is amazing any way you look at it.

Suns are playing at the level they should be playing at, why is everyone surprised?

Bro bro bro, legit contender even with Amare out?

You're being a little too "liberal" with contender term... they're a 30-23 team. This has been a cupcake ass stretch.

sook
02-21-2009, 12:05 AM

You're being a little too "liberal" with contender term... they're a 30-23 team. This has been a cupcake ass stretch.

Think of it this way, they lose points on offense, but 75% of those can be provided for by other players stepping up ( more shot attempts anyways), and its no surprise to how bad Amare's defense is. Same scenario with the rox last year.

They lost Yao's scoring, but they moved to the 2nd best defensive team with mutumbo and won 55 games.

I prefer defense over more offense....

And there offense seems to look fine...i mean 140 points 3 straight games?!?!?

sook
02-21-2009, 12:06 AM

Before this "Cupcake stretch" they were losing to the same teams. Wake up bro, they look completely different, the have an IDENTITY again, not just a bunch of lose screws.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-21-2009, 12:07 AM

They're 3-0 with Alvan Gentry, and the Mavs lost to the cupcakes you're referring to earlier on in the season.

Ghazi
02-21-2009, 12:10 AM
They're 3-0 with Alvan Gentry, and the Mavs lost to the cupcakes you're referring to earlier on in the season.

And the Mavs aren't contenders.

Are you drinking the Kool Aid too?

PHX is closre to a 9th place team than they are to a contender.

Like I said in an earlier thread, wins over the muthafuckin Clippers and Thunder and DoK thinks they are the 95-96 muthafuckin Bulls.

60% shooting is unsustainable in the long run.

sook
02-21-2009, 12:12 AM

Like I said in an earlier thread, wins over the muthafuckin Clippers and Thunder and DoK thinks they are the 95-96 muthafuckin Bulls.

You are dead wrong.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-21-2009, 12:14 AM

I never said they were the 96 Bulls, I was merely stating that they are a different team. Show me where I said they're contenders.

Ghazi
02-21-2009, 12:14 AM
The Suns themselves dont think they're a contender, they're more concerned about having fun than winning a championship.

Ghazi
02-21-2009, 12:15 AM
I never said they were the 96 Bulls, I was merely stating that they are a different team. Show me where I said they're contenders.

Show me where I said da MAVS were contenders :toast

sook
02-21-2009, 12:15 AM

He's scewing with you , don't bother replying, he's a wannabee SD.

After the Mav's loss tonight they have no right to criticize any team...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Show me where I said da MAVS were contenders :toast

Show me where I said you said the Mavs were contenders :lol

Ghazi
02-21-2009, 12:31 AM
He's scewing with you , don't bother replying, he's a wannabee SD.

After the Mav's loss tonight they have no right to criticize any team...

So a fan of a team is not allowed to have opinions about other teams, gotcha :toast

lurker
02-21-2009, 12:40 AM
The Suns themselves dont think they're a contender, they're more concerned about having fun than winning a championship.
Clearly, the Suns' chances of winning a championship were higher when they were losing game after game playing a style that doesn't work with this roster and had everyone on the team looking like a bunch of corpses.

Ghazi
02-21-2009, 12:42 AM
Did I say that?

lurker
02-21-2009, 12:44 AM
the Suns' chances of winning a championship were higher when they were losing game after game playing a style that doesn't work with this roster and had everyone on the team looking like a bunch of corpses.

Xylus
02-21-2009, 12:45 AM
To the Debbie Downers in this thread:

Sarcasm is a funny weapon, but who exactly are you using it against? There aren't any Suns fans in this thread claiming we're instant contenders.

Ghazi
02-21-2009, 12:45 AM
The Suns themselves simply dont have a "we can win a championship mentality".

they have a "since we're not contenders, let's run up the score on D-league teams and have fun" mentality.

The teams that can win it all (Celtics, Cavs, Lakers, Spurs) think they can win it all.

The teams that can't know they can't, regardless of what is said in da papers.

Ghazi
02-21-2009, 12:46 AM

Sarcasm is a funny weapon, but who exactly are you using it against? There aren't any Suns fans in this thread claiming we're instant contenders.

FWIW I wasn't DD'ing, just debating sook about the Suns being legit contenders. :king

It's an impressive feat

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-21-2009, 12:47 AM

They can't see other fans happy since they're mad that Dallas lost. Because of this, they put words in Suns fan's mouths and criticize them for these words even though none of us said them.

dirk4mvp
02-21-2009, 12:48 AM
They can't see other fans happy since they're mad that Dallas lost. Because of this, they put words in Suns fan's mouths and criticize them for these words even though none of us said them.

You sure have been butthurt since your hero went down.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-21-2009, 12:53 AM
You sure have been butthurt since your hero went down.

LMFAO, you just called Amare my hero. That's some funny shit.

dirk4mvp
02-21-2009, 12:58 AM
LMFAO, you just called Amare my hero. That's some funny shit.

It's pretty odd how you go from hating his very existence to him becoming what you pray to just because he got injured.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-21-2009, 12:59 AM
It's pretty odd how you go from hating his very existence to him becoming what you pray to just because he got injured.

Well he had been keeping his mouth shut for almost a week so I wasn't happy to see him get injured. If the injury happened 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have cared.

MateoNeygro
02-21-2009, 01:01 AM
good jobs Suns. After the first game I said it was a fluke but I'm proud of them. Even though I fuckin hate them, they're like a little brother you know you can beat up but you kind of pull for. Go Spurs Go.

Xylus
02-21-2009, 01:04 AM
good jobs Suns. After the first game I said it was a fluke but I'm proud of them. Even though I fuckin hate them, they're like a little brother you know you can beat up but you kind of pull for. Go Spurs Go.

:lol Well said.

Who knows, it might be a fluke. It would be pretty fucking amazing for a team to make such a sudden turnaround this late in the season, but weirder things have happened in sports.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Well he had been keeping his mouth shut for almost a week so I wasn't happy to see him get injured. If the injury happened 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have cared.

Plus I have pinkeye right now so any eye injuries a feel sorry for.

pauls931
02-21-2009, 02:57 AM
Maybe Dallas needs to trade Mark Cuban, they've been a bitter bunch lately. This win suprised me by the magnitude, but some team is eventually going to get back on defense, either Boston or the Spurs. It's going to be hard without Amare especially since you can interchange him and marion in the past when play uptempo.

ezau
02-21-2009, 03:06 AM
How come it took half a season to get rid of Porter? 140 points in 3 games is amazing still

mystargtr34
02-21-2009, 03:12 AM
The Suns are fun to watch again.

Lars
02-21-2009, 03:35 AM
Is there any sort of record for high points in consecutive games?

der Kaiser
02-21-2009, 04:47 AM

Like some other dude said, you are being way to liberal with the word contender.

1. Gentry is a poor mans Pringles. Pringles could not deliver them to the promise land so what makes you think Gentry will?

2. The Suns team as a whole is crappier than any other Suns team since Nash joined. No Amare, No Diaw, No intense defender (raja), no bench, and the team is old as fuck.

3. They couldnt get through San Antonio last year, with Pringles, with Bell, Diaw, and the Diesel. Do you truely think they are going to go through LA, SA, Boston/Cleveland or any other western power that is worth their salt with no home court advantage throughout the playoffs?

Lets never say never, but be logical please.

kcplayboi_26
02-21-2009, 05:00 AM
Like some other dude said, you are being way to liberal with the word contender.

1. Gentry is a poor mans Pringles. Pringles could not deliver them to the promise land so what makes you think Gentry will?

2. The Suns team as a whole is crappier than any other Suns team since Nash joined. No Amare, No Diaw, No intense defender (raja), no bench, and the team is old as fuck.

3. They couldnt get through San Antonio last year, with Pringles, with Bell, Diaw, and the Diesel. Do you truely think they are going to go through LA, SA, Boston/Cleveland or any other western power that is worth their salt with no home court advantage throughout the playoffs?

Lets never say never, but be logical please.

I actually like the bench better this year more than years past, just my opinion tho......And no at this point I dont believe they can beat those teams in a series but could make a little noise and give them a run.......