PDA

View Full Version : Last night's Lakers/Hornets game

SpursDynasty
02-21-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm still not impressed by the Lakers. Chris Paul got fouled out on a bullshit call. Kobe pushed Paul, no foul call. Gee what a surprise......a no-call on the Lakers. Never seen that one before. So Paul falls down and trips Kobe because of the push, and he gets called for a foul. It's like Kobe creating his own call there.

So the Lakers won. Big deal. Just another instance of getting the right no-call at the right time. At some point the bullshit will stop. Again, no big deal here.

The Spurs are not intimidated by the Lakers and I'll say it again, outside of Kobe it's a pretty weak cast.

resistanze
02-21-2009, 12:56 PM
The Lakers only won because they made their shots, and NO didn't.

Banzai
02-21-2009, 01:11 PM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/1179560803837.gif (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/1179560803837.gif)

cobbler
02-21-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm still not impressed by the Lakers. Chris Paul got fouled out on a bullshit call. Kobe pushed Paul, no foul call. Gee what a surprise......a no-call on the Lakers. Never seen that one before. So Paul falls down and trips Kobe because of the push, and he gets called for a foul. It's like Kobe creating his own call there.

So the Lakers won. Big deal. Just another instance of getting the right no-call at the right time. At some point the bullshit will stop. Again, no big deal here.
The Spurs are not intimidated by the Lakers and I'll say it again, outside of Kobe it's a pretty weak cast.

If it's no big deal.... then why do you keep bringing it up? :bang

TheMACHINE
02-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Chris Paul is an idiot...thats why they lost.

Showtime24 LAKERS
02-21-2009, 03:36 PM
It should have been a blow out, at one point the lakers led by 16.

Allanon
02-21-2009, 03:51 PM

The only reason why the game was even close was due to the fact that Phil left the Starters on the bench and continued his regular bench rotation.

Phil "didn't want to destroy their confidence". Philip was trying to teach them a lesson :lol

Ghazi
02-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Exactly.

Hornets fans are having a "moral victory" because they almost lost on what they view a bad call, with Chandler out.

When in fact, its a moral defeat when scrubs like Butler, Marks, and Armstrong have good games, the refs shave 3 points off of the Lakers in the 4th quarter, Phil overextends the benches minutes to start the 4th, the Hornets are unconscious from behind the arc in the 4th, The Lakers miss a bunch of gimme shots, Bynum is out, and the Lakers still win.

RedsLakers24
02-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Lakers sucked last night, i was suprise they won

BRHornet45
02-21-2009, 04:18 PM

100% agreed

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-21-2009, 04:36 PM
The Hornets would have won if Paul gave the ball up on a 3-1 fast break. The call in OT was bullshit but it shouldn't have mattered.

ginobili's bald spot
02-21-2009, 04:43 PM
The Hornets just charged the charges they were supposed to charge. No big deal.

MambaJuice2408
02-21-2009, 05:05 PM

Were you able to distinguish that Kobe pushed Paul when the play happened...I wasn't able to until the replay. It's important to remember the ref's don't have the benefit of the replay. Which is why I can't be mad at them.

I can understand why u might not be impressed with the team. This wasn't a very satisfying win as a fan either but it's a lot better than a loss. But to doubt the team would be silly on ur behalf. Lakers played a C game, if that and it almost cost them. In comparison, the Hornets prolly played their A- game.

The teams biggest obstacle will be to find ways to not overlook cupcakes cuz it seems they are developing that "switch" mentality where they only play good D in spurts, or when they feel threatened.

Pelicans78
02-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Were you able to distinguish that Kobe pushed Paul when the play happened...I wasn't able to until the replay. It's important to remember the ref's don't have the benefit of the replay. Which is why I can't be mad at them.

I can understand why u might not be impressed with the team. This wasn't a very satisfying win as a fan either but it's a lot better than a loss. But to doubt the team would be silly on ur behalf. Lakers played a C game, if that and it almost cost them. In comparison, the Hornets prolly played their A- game.

The teams biggest obstacle will be to find ways to not overlook cupcakes cuz it seems they are developing that "switch" mentality where they only play good D in spurts, or when they feel threatened.

We only played one good quarter. We missed wide open shots the 1st 3 quarter. Wide open. Also, we were very lazy in the 3rd quarter. West made two silly turnovers, Peja was pathetic on defense against an average player like Walton. It's not like you dominated us the entire. We had a bad 3rd quarter, but once Posey came in for Peja, the game totally changed.

KB24 MVP
02-21-2009, 05:12 PM
100% agreed

Well son we defeated your ass 3 out of the last 4 times and 2 in your homecourt
NO played great aginst our 2nd unit but when the starters came goodbye not not in our house twice ohh and Props 2 Rasual nice game he had

MambaJuice2408
02-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Lakers r toying the league. Let's get to the playoffs already. Not too many exciting games left on the schedule. I guess the best game we have might be a trip to San Antonio but that hardly qualifies as exciting to me anymore.

:sleep

MambaJuice2408
02-21-2009, 05:17 PM
We only played one good quarter. We missed wide open shots the 1st 3 quarter. Wide open. Also, we were very lazy in the 3rd quarter. West made two silly turnovers, Peja was pathetic on defense against an average player like Walton. It's not like you dominated us the entire. We had a bad 3rd quarter, but once Posey came in for Peja, the game totally changed.

The reason we didn't dominate was because Lakers played to NO level. And if the hornets played like crap, imagine how the Lakers fans feel having to watch our team play far below our capability.

Pelicans78
02-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Well son we defeated your ass 3 out of the last 4 times and 2 in your homecourt
NO played great aginst our 2nd unit but when the starters came goodbye not not in our house twice ohh and Props 2 Rasual nice game he had

We dominated your starters in the 4th quarter until the last 2 plays of the game.

Pelicans78
02-21-2009, 05:22 PM
The reason we didn't dominate was because Lakers played to NO level. And if the hornets played like crap, imagine how the Lakers fans feel having to watch our team play far below our capability.

But how great are you guys? Its not like you are as dominate as the 90's Bulls or the Lakers earlier this decade. You have a strong team, but only Kobe is truly a dominate player. Gasol and Odom are very good, but not dominating players. I think a healthy Spurs and Hornets team matchup well with you guys. Yeah, you guys beat the Spurs 4-1, but they blew big leads in two of the games and Barry should have drawn a foul in game 4. Also, CP3 is a dominating player. A modern day Isiah Thomas with less of his scoring but more speed and we have alot of good pieces around him. It wouldn't be that huge of a surprise if someone from the West knocked the Lakers off.

KB24 MVP
02-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Well then whats your excuse for the other 2 last games at home u guys lost..?
What counts its the final score at the buzzer.

Pelicans78
02-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Well then whats your excuse for the other 2 last games at home u guys lost..?
What counts its the final score at the buzzer.

I don't have an excuse. What's your excuse for the game we won?

Kobe™
02-21-2009, 05:28 PM
We're locking up the #1 seed in these upcoming weeks.

Annihilation is imminent for you Spurs.

KB24 MVP
02-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Did i even mentioned anything related 2 that game no we lost no Buts.
None of that we dominated ur starters in the 4th qtr and so forth

MambaJuice2408
02-21-2009, 05:30 PM
But how great are you guys? Its not like you are as dominate as the 90's Bulls or the Lakers earlier this decade. You have a strong team, but only Kobe is truly a dominate player. Gasol and Odom are very good, but not dominating players. I think a healthy Spurs and Hornets team matchup well with you guys. Yeah, you guys beat the Spurs 4-1, but they blew big leads in two of the games and Barry should have drawn a foul in game 4. Also, CP3 is a dominating player. A modern day Isiah Thomas with less of his scoring but more speed and we have alot of good pieces around him. It wouldn't be that huge of a surprise if someone from the West knocked the Lakers off.

We don't dominate like that team. We're great with our talent at this point. That's all. Phils coaching wasn't indicative of a big game. He let the reserves play too many minutes when they weren't producing. In a must win game that would not happen. Last night we were lucky to win im not gonna lie. Cuz we shoulda won in a landslide if we played like were capable of

MambaJuice2408
02-21-2009, 05:32 PM
I don't have an excuse. What's your excuse for the game we won?

Paul and West had monster games...

You guys had more incentive to play well too considering we had beaten you handily twice in NO already.

TheMACHINE
02-21-2009, 06:04 PM

How great are you guys?

Might not be a huge surprise, but its still a surprise.

Pelicans78
02-21-2009, 06:09 PM
How great are you guys?

Might not be a huge surprise, but its still a surprise.

We're not that great. We flaws as much as anyone, but you guys aren't as perfect as alot of people think you are.

Lars
02-21-2009, 06:23 PM
A healthy Jazz team could give the Lakers a good series in the 1st round.

Baseline
02-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Chris Paul completely blew the game in the last minute, or the Hornets would have won in regulation.

He inexplicably blew the 4 on 1 break, then inexplicably left Fisher wide open for a three, then inexplicably didn't drive past Fisher (who guards Paul about as well as a potted plant) on the last shot.

The game never should have gone into OT. And it was not due to anything the Lakers did - it was because Paul had three straight brain farts within a span of 25 seconds.

But just for good measure, the refs took Paul out of the game in OT. Was anybody really surprised by the fact that the Lakers got the call in a close game? Gee, has that ever happened before? I'm a Spurs fan - ask me if the Lakers have gotten any beneficial calls against us over the years.

Bottom line is that the West is considerably weaker this year, and it's making the Lakers look way better than they are. But I'm fine with that, because the Lakers are always so cocky and overconfident that this can only help the other teams.

Pelicans78
02-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Chris Paul completely blew the game in the last minute, or the Hornets would have won in regulation.

He inexplicably blew the 4 on 1 break, then inexplicably left Fisher wide open for a three, then inexplicably didn't drive past Fisher (who guards Paul about as well as a potted plant) on the last shot.

The game never should have gone into OT. And it was not due to anything the Lakers did - it was because Paul had three straight brain farts within a span of 25 seconds.

But just for good measure, the refs took Paul out of the game in OT. Was anybody really surprised by the fact that the Lakers got the call in a close game? Gee, has that ever happened before? I'm a Spurs fan - ask me if the Lakers have gotten any beneficial calls against us over the years.

Bottom line is that the West is considerably weaker this year, and it's making the Lakers look way better than they are. But I'm fine with that, because the Lakers are always so cocky and overconfident that this can only help the other teams.

That's the point. Its not that the Lakers are so good this season. It's just everyone in the West with the exception of Denver and Portland have taken a step back for whatever reason. Doesn't mean teams like the Spurs or Hornets can put it together in time for the playoffs.

GSH
02-21-2009, 06:47 PM

Yep... the Lakers led 77-61, and then got outscored 37-18 in the next 12:33. If New Orleans had outscored the Lakers by 19 in the first 12 minutes, rather than the last 12 minutes, it should have been a blowout for the Hornets?

Dumbass. It's a 48 minute game.

And the really bad call was the charge against Paul, rather than calling it a block against Fisher. He jumped in front of Paul at the last instant, and was still moving his feet when he and Paul collided. Paul made a bad decision, because he gave the zebra a chance to make a lousy call. But it was a horrible call, and it gave the game to the Hornets. Period.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Yep... the Lakers led 77-61, and then got outscored 37-18 in the next 12:33. If New Orleans had outscored the Lakers by 19 in the first 12 minutes, rather than the last 12 minutes, it should have been a blowout for the Hornets?

Dumbass. It's a 48 minute game.

And the really bad call was the charge against Paul, rather than calling it a block against Fisher. He jumped in front of Paul at the last instant, and was still moving his feet when he and Paul collided. Paul made a bad decision, because he gave the zebra a chance to make a lousy call. But it was a horrible call, and it gave the game to the Hornets. Period.

wow, i can feel the anger in this post:rollin
typical spurs fan, blame the refs and cry conspiracy. Do you realize how childish you sound when you blame the officials (especially coming from a Team Donaghy fan)?:rolleyes

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 07:00 PM
That's the point. Its not that the Lakers are so good this season. It's just everyone in the West with the exception of Denver and Portland have taken a step back for whatever reason. Doesn't mean teams like the Spurs or Hornets can put it together in time for the playoffs.

No, we're not world beaters but we're far and away the best team in the West right now. Yes, the Spurs and Hornets can put it together--but unless you pick up a key FA, it's just unrealistic to think either of them could beat LA 4 times in 7 games. Hell, 2 wins in 7 looks bleak

Lakers999
02-22-2009, 12:58 AM
op is a fucking moron....

also a jealous hater

Ghazi
02-22-2009, 01:40 AM

Hornets? Fucking 7th place? Might as well throw in the Mavs, Rockets, Blazers, Nuggets, Jazz, AND hell, even the Suns :lol:

The Hornets are what their record says they are. Last year was a fluke where they hit a bunch of bullshit jump shots and D West Chandler and Peja were playing like they were actually good basketball players. Now they've all come back down to Earth because they're scrubs and the Hornets are 32-22, because they're a team expected to go 32-22.

Just because they haven't lived up to preseason expectations doesn't mean they're underachieving. They just suck.

Rogue
02-22-2009, 01:50 AM
lakers are so stronge that even with bynum sidelined and Kobe's balls removed they can still beat the hornets easily. the only team that can cook a little bit threat to lakers is just the suns, though most spurs fans consider suns as a sucking team. suns suck when they face spurs, but the same thing also happens to lakers when they meet the suns.

just like "stone, cloth and scissor."

LEONARD
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
i'm still not impressed by the lakers. Chris paul got fouled out on a bullshit call. Kobe pushed paul, no foul call. Gee what a surprise......a no-call on the lakers. Never seen that one before. So paul falls down and trips kobe because of the push, and he gets called for a foul. It's like kobe creating his own call there.

So the lakers won. Big deal. Just another instance of getting the right no-call at the right time. At some point the bullshit will stop. Again, no big deal here.

The spurs are not intimidated by the lakers and i'll say it again, outside of kobe it's a pretty weak cast.

vaj

Fabbs
02-25-2009, 09:41 AM

Spurs Dynasty or any other non jerk-off non Laker posters:
Got a .gif or YouTube of both of the above bogus calls gifted to the Flamers?

Fabbs
02-25-2009, 09:43 AM

Got to agree with you baseline. Paul has to know Faggy Fisher is going to get the bogus charge call. Got to pass it on the 3 on 1. Next two plays completely agree, leaving Swisher open for the trey when up 3 is unforgivable.