PDA

View Full Version : Could it be better to be 8th of the west?

Josepatches_
02-21-2009, 04:22 PM
If we want to win the NBA I'm sure we will have to defeat the Lakers.And I'm sure it will be better face them in the first round.Last year we were very tired in the WCF.We had to fight against Suns and Hornets.IMO we have more chance to win if we face them in the first or the second round of the playoffs.

Maybe Manu will no be at 100% but Bynum either.
I don't care about home court advantage against Suns,Nuggets or Mavs.

jmanu20
02-21-2009, 04:33 PM
If we want to win the NBA I'm sure we will have to defeat the Lakers.And I'm sure it will be better face them in the first round.Last year we were very tired in the WCF.We had to fight against Suns and Hornets.IMO we have more chance to win if we face them in the first or the second round of the playoffs.

Maybe Manu will no be at 100% but Bynum either.
I don't care about home court advantage against Suns,Nuggets or Mavs.

You're crazy! Even if we did somehow beat them in the first round, that would probably make us tired for the 2nd round. If the playoffs started today, we'd play the Rockets and that's fine with me for a first round matchup. I'd rather play the Lakers in the WCF (granted we make it there) so it's a real rematch of last year. Let the Jazz take a crack at the Lakers in the first round.

sananspursfan21
02-21-2009, 04:34 PM
but you know this isn't realistic, we just talkin theory right? spurs would have to do that bad on purpose.

sananspursfan21
02-21-2009, 04:36 PM
sides, member what happened a couple years ago? (67-15 mavs got stizomped by the warriors) jazz could be the next warriors...

jmanu20
02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
sides, member what happened a couple years ago? (67-15 mavs got stizomped by the warriors) jazz could be the next warriors...

Very good point. I'm not sure when Boozer is returning, but if he is back in time for the playoffs and the Jazz keep the 8th seed, they will NOT be an easy out for the Lakers (or for anyone who faces them in round one for that matter).

Thomas82
02-21-2009, 04:43 PM

I still laugh about that to this day.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I hope Boozer comes back healthy...Pau and Odom embarrassed him last year. The Jazz would be a tough out but they'd be lucky to push it to 6 games again. Nobody here really believes they could beat LA 4/7. If you do, kindly PM me cause I'd like to make a wager

Thomas
02-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I still laugh about that to this day.

And the last game of the regular season was Mavericks vs Warriors. The Warriors must win this game to reach the playoffs...against the Mavericks!Am I right?

Allanon
02-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Utah is a team you play for fun or you worry about if you play them without HCA.

Have you guys had a look at their road record? They have one of THE worst road records in the NBA. While the Lakers are the best road team in the NBA.

Jazz have 9 wins and 17 losses on the road. If the Jazz had HCA, they might have a chance but other than that, it's a cakewalk.

If you have HCA, the Jazz are one of the easiest teams to beat in the 1st round.

Thomas82
02-21-2009, 08:14 PM
And the last game of the regular season was Mavericks vs Warriors. The Warriors must win this game to reach the playoffs...against the Mavericks!Am I right?

Yeah, I believe so. Then after the Mavericks lost that game, that was when the media started to predict that the Warriors would upset them in the playoffs.

mystargtr34
02-21-2009, 08:44 PM
To be honest, i think there are other teams who matchup better with LA. I think a healthy Phoenix team could cause some damage, and maybe even Denver. I know Lakers struggle against quicker guards like AI, but with Billups thats just a completely different team - they might not have as much trouble with Billups individually, but he makes every other player on that roster better.

I think Phoenix could beat LA.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 08:46 PM
To be honest, i think there are other teams who matchup better with LA. I think a healthy Phoenix team could cause some damage, and maybe even Denver. I know Lakers struggle against quicker guards like AI, but with Billups thats just a completely different team - they might not have as much trouble with Billups individually, but he makes every other player on that roster better.

I think Phoenix could beat LA.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ManuTP9
02-21-2009, 08:52 PM
an 8th seed will crush and give an upset to the lakers.

mystargtr34
02-21-2009, 09:00 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I know you all think your the greatest fuckin thing since sliced bread, despite the fact you aint won shit since 2002 - but Phoenix takes away the Lakers main advantage, size. I just think they have favourable matchups more so than any other team.

I didnt say they would win, but they have the personell to beat the Lakers, if they utilise their main strength, running.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 09:16 PM
I know you all think your the greatest fuckin thing since sliced bread, despite the fact you aint won shit since 2002 - but Phoenix takes away the Lakers main advantage, size. I just think they have favourable matchups more so than any other team.

I didnt say they would win, but they have the personell to beat the Lakers, if they utilise their main strength, running.

No, we aren't amazing but we're head and shoulders above the rest of the west right now.
There's not one team you would bet on out west to beat the Lakers 4 outta 7...That's all I'm saying. Yeah, technically any team could beat another, but let's be real.

Rogue
02-21-2009, 09:21 PM
his speaking explains why he started this thread.

timaios
02-21-2009, 10:29 PM
A New Orleans team playing out of his mind could beat the Lakers.
Utah with a healthy team could be very dangerous.
Denver has also a chance.

The big question is what team will be healthy and what team will be not...

DrHouse
02-21-2009, 10:50 PM
DEN does not have a chance. Stop this lunacy. They haven't won a game against the Lakers in almost 2 seasons for crying out loud. I don't care what Chauncey Billups brings to that team, they still don't know how to play defense and the Lakers would carve them up like they always have.

UTA is a team that scares me. With a healthy Boozer this team is as good as anyone else in the league when they are playing to their potential. They'd have to win on the road though since they are such a low seed and they have not shown they can do that this season.

NOH is an interesting matchup. With Bynum it's no contest. Without him they definitely have the potential to beat the Lakers. Moreso than any other team in the WC IMHO.

SAS......I dunno. This team just doesn't seem to have it this year. I look at them and I don't see the same championship teams of old. I see a good team, but not one with the firepower and talent to go all the way.

thOOdee
02-21-2009, 10:54 PM
i like the way of thinking here. Another thing to think about is bynum might not play the first round.

MarHill
02-21-2009, 10:56 PM
DEN does not have a chance. Stop this lunacy. They haven't won a game against the Lakers in almost 2 seasons for crying out loud. I don't care what Chauncey Billups brings to that team, they still don't know how to play defense and the Lakers would carve them up like they always have.

UTA is a team that scares me. With a healthy Boozer this team is as good as anyone else in the league when they are playing to their potential. They'd have to win on the road though since they are such a low seed and they have not shown they can do that this season.

NOH is an interesting matchup. With Bynum it's no contest. Without him they definitely have the potential to beat the Lakers. Moreso than any other team in the WC IMHO.

SAS......I dunno. This team just doesn't seem to have it this year. I look at them and I don't see the same championship teams of old. I see a good team, but not one with the firepower and talent to go all the way.

DrHouse,

I will agree with you about Denver. They are so overrated! I like Billups and he has given that team some stability and direction at the point. But, people are making way too much noise about them. The Lakers will carve them up rather easily!

I will wait and see about the Spurs. You know I will defend them to the end!

I still think it will be a Spurs-Lakers WCF and I want everybody to be healthy and ready to go at that time!!

:flag:

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2009, 10:58 PM
DrHouse,

I will agree with you about Denver. They are so overrated! I like Billups and he has given that team some stability and direction at the point. But, people are making way too much noise about them. The Lakers will carve them up rather easily!

I will wait and see about the Spurs. You know I will defend them to the end!

I still think it will be a Spurs-Lakers WCF and I want everybody to be healthy and ready to go at that time!!

:flag:

Hell yes:toast

MarHill
02-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Hell yes:toast

I have respect for the Lakers as a Spurs fan and I want both teams to be healthy when they play each other in WCF. So there will be no excuses and arguing on this forum! (I know it will still continue from both teams' fans!)

That's what I'm looking for to and yes I want last season's result to change!:lol

:toast