PDA

View Full Version : Possible good news for Bogut fans

Solid D
03-08-2005, 02:14 AM
http://www.24sec.net/images/lib/Other/Andrew%20Bogut%20-%20Australia.jpg

According to one source, ESPN is calling our SpursTalk Aussie favorite college player, Andrew Bogut, as their POY. If true, this comes on the heels of Bogut and Danny Ainge's kid receiving official repremands for physical and unsportsmanlike play recently, when they were involved in a fairly harmless in-game altercation with a couple of other (BYU & Utah) players.

http://www.24sec.net/article.asp?index=1348

MI21
03-08-2005, 02:25 AM
Managed to see a few highlight of Bogut lately, can not believe how much he has filled out.

Is going to be a real player.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-08-2005, 02:28 AM
He will be the #1 pick, mark it down.

timvp
03-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Bogut is now listed as the first overall pick in the NBADraft.net mock draft. At the beginning of the season, he was in the second round. That's a huge jump for a pretty well-known college player.

:wow

P.S.

I was reading about him a few weeks ago and I read that his parents are from Croatia but he was born and raised in Australia. Hopefully he makes it big. Australia is an up-and-coming basketball hotbed according to some overseas scouts.

MI21
03-08-2005, 02:36 AM
Australia is an up-and-coming basketball hotbed according to some overseas scouts.

Yep, look for me to go somewhere late in the lottery in 2007.

mattyc
03-08-2005, 03:24 AM
Yep, look for me to go somewhere late in the lottery in 2007.
Spurs will pick me up with pick 58 and let me perfect my trade in the pub. :elephant

Bogut is a freak. He is for real.

xcoriate
03-08-2005, 06:01 AM
Crazy stuff, draftcity and nbadraft.net have both had him at number 1 for a couple of months. He is incredibly talented and its good to see we have someone to fly the flag for Australian basketball after Gaze.

btw fellow aussie posters, you think Andrew will play another year, really want him to go out with a championship...

tsb2000
03-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Fear the avatar! :)

Bogut is the man; it's too bad he didn't have the luxury of players around him like Keith Van Horn did at Utah. They would be destined for the final four this year. I'm bummed to say I'd be surprised that Utah will be lucky to make the sweet 16. Bogut is all but confirmed to go pro this year. I don't think he will be back at Utah. Majerus recruited him to Utah, and since he's gone, the talent level has dropped a lot for recruits. There's little chance of Utah getting an NCAA title- although I'd be very happy if they won!

Que Gee
03-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Fear the avatar! :)

Bogut is the man; it's too bad he didn't have the luxury of players around him like Keith Van Horn did at Utah. They would be destined for the final four this year. I'm bummed to say I'd be surprised that Utah will be lucky to make the sweet 16. Bogut is all but confirmed to go pro this year. I don't think he will be back at Utah. Majerus recruited him to Utah, and since he's gone, the talent level has dropped a lot for recruits. There's little chance of Utah getting an NCAA title- although I'd be very happy if they won!

I agree with you regarding having a solid cast around him. But, remember the year AFTER Van Horn left, is when the Utes went to the Finals....Tell ya the truth, I agree with you 100%, I'd be VERY surprised if they made it past their first 2 games and into the Sweet 16.

danyel
03-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Nbadraft.net also has Rudy Fernandez at 23, thats ridiculous, he is going to be a lottery pick for sure.

danyel
03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Just read that there might be buyout issues, if he slips, spurs should definetly pick him and let him develop in Europe

tsb2000
03-08-2005, 07:39 PM
I agree with you regarding having a solid cast around him. But, remember the year AFTER Van Horn left, is when the Utes went to the Finals....Tell ya the truth, I agree with you 100%, I'd be VERY surprised if they made it past their first 2 games and into the Sweet 16.

True indeed. In fact, the Kentucky team that Utah lost to had Scott Padgett, Jamaal Magloire, and (GASP!) Nazr Mohammed! :wow