PDA

View Full Version : 06 NBA finals rigged

BeloveD MAVS Fan
02-22-2009, 12:12 AM
The NBA Finals, games 4,5,6 were rigged. The NBA has a hidden agenda against the city of Dallas, the Dallas Mavericks, and Mark Cuban. Many fouls were not called for Dallas, and every time Dwayne Wade touched the ball, the whistle was being blown.Dwayne Wade attempted 25 Free throws in Game 5, the same as the whole Dallas Maverick team. Here is Dwayne Wade's free throw attempts for games 1 through 6:

Game 1: Mavs Win Dwayne Wade FT 6 for 10
Game 2: Mavs Win Dwayne Wade FT 11 for 14
Game 3: Heat Win Dwayne Wade FT 13 for 18
Game 4: Heat Win Dwayne Wade FT 8 for 9 Mavs take
Game 5: Heat Win Dwayne Wade FT 21 for 25 Mavs take 25
Game 6: Heat Win Dwayne Wade FT 16 for 21

The suspensions Jerry Stackhouse for his "Flagerent" foul against Shaquille O'Neal, if Dwayne Wade would of done the same thing, it would of been a charge. By the way did anyone else see Jason Terry get fouled on that last 3 pointer, but like most of the calls that should of been called on the Heat, it wasn't called.

j-money24
02-22-2009, 12:18 AM
that was a fluke serious.
i feel bad for dallas
dallas and phoenix are like victims.

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2009, 12:21 AM
The NBA Finals, games 4,5,6 were rigged. The NBA has a hidden agenda against the city of Dallas, the Dallas Mavericks, and Mark Cuban. Many fouls were not called for Dallas, and every time Dwayne Wade touched the ball, the whistle was being blown.Dwayne Wade attempted 25 Free throws in Game 5, the same as the whole Dallas Maverick team. Here is Dwayne Wade's free throw attempts for games 1 through 6:

Game 1: Mavs Win Dwayne Wade FT 6 for 10
Game 2: Mavs Win Dwayne Wade FT 11 for 14
Game 3: Heat Win Dwayne Wade FT 13 for 18
Game 4: Heat Win Dwayne Wade FT 8 for 9 Mavs take
Game 6: Heat Win Dwayne Wade FT 16 for 21

The suspensions Jerry Stackhouse for his "Flagerent" foul against Shaquille O'Neal, if Dwayne Wade would of done the same thing, it would of been a charge. By the way did anyone else see Jason Terry get fouled on that last 3 pointer, but like most of the calls that should of been called on the Heat, it wasn't called.

No, cause it was like oh....3 YEARS AGO...let this shit go, you guys got hosed on the last call in game 5 but you gotta blame yourselves for the monumental chokejob in game 3

sribb43
FUCK D-WHISTLE AND FUCK BENNETT SALVATORE
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41786000/jpg/_41786932_avery416.jpg

Ghazi
I fucking agree :toast

Mutha FUCK the Cheat

Ditty
02-22-2009, 12:22 AM
be happy yall barely beat the spurs :rolleyes

sribb43
02-22-2009, 12:24 AM
This is how i felt after game 3, 4, 5 and 6...FUCK D-WHISTLE

http://photos.upi.com/topic/049c3b1c88cedde507b6e1248cef90d3/Dwyane_Wade_1.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2009, 12:25 AM
be happy yall barely beat the spurs :rolleyes

interesting definition of barely...they had to make a 3-point comeback in the final minute. Other than that Dallas was up 3-1 in the series and by 20 in game 7...they deserved to win that series

m33p0
02-22-2009, 12:26 AM
ah, the fluke championship that the fluky mavs... err... heat won.

sribb43
02-22-2009, 12:26 AM
interesting definition of barely...they had to make a 3-point comeback in the final minute. Other than that Dallas was up 3-1 in the series and by 20 in game 7...they deserved to win that series

Probably would have been 4-2 if Jet didnt punch Fin in the nutsack

Ditty
02-22-2009, 12:33 AM

yah true but look what happend to yall lakers it took yall the last quarter in 2 of the games to beat us :lol

won't happen this eyar we got shooters now :lobt2:

Flo-Rida
02-22-2009, 12:36 AM
No, cause it was like oh....3 YEARS AGO...let this shit go, you guys got hosed on the last call in game 5 but you gotta blame yourselves for the monumental chokejob in game 3

Yea the mavs SURE got hosed on this call...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/chrisneo/nba_g_wade_300.jpg

and yes that was the play at the end of game 5.

j-money24
02-22-2009, 12:38 AM
yah true but look what happend to yall lakers it took yall the last quarter in 2 of the games to beat us :lol

won't happen this eyar we got shooters now :lobt2:
Well let me tell alittle of an introduction about basketball..
the nba is for 48 minutes, the team with that finishes with the most points after the 48 minutes wins the game..

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-22-2009, 12:47 AM
boo hoo..... the Mavs blew it, deal with it

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 12:48 AM
boo hoo..... the Mavs blew it, deal with it

hi, hater

Lakers999
02-22-2009, 12:54 AM
IN ALL HONESTY PHX SHOULD HAVE WENT TO THE NBA FINALS TO FACE DETROIT

RIGGED AS FUCK....

just like the spurs and phx game

and for you haters... the 2002 wcf..... but our ratings are better, and the lakers are more exciting

Flo-Rida
02-22-2009, 12:56 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/061206dnsposherrington.d9a61ee.html

This was the downfall...

BeloveD MAVS Fan
02-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Flo-Rida what you dont get is that the heat will never ever make it to the finals with wade again so be happy with your fluky ass one title. and dont tell me the same shit on how the mavs have none because you know what we will win it this year and yes im confident in my team even though we havent been playing well

Thompson
02-22-2009, 01:03 AM

Yeah, that looks like a clear foul. Now watch someone claim that the NBA doctored the photo to cover it up. :lol

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2009, 01:05 AM
IN ALL HONESTY PHX SHOULD HAVE WENT TO THE NBA FINALS TO FACE DETROIT

RIGGED AS FUCK....

just like the spurs and phx game

and for you haters... the 2002 wcf..... but our ratings are better, and the lakers are more exciting

Whiners don't deserve a title...that Sacramento Kings squad was full of vaginas

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Flo-Rida what you dont get is that the heat will never ever make it to the finals with wade again so be happy with your fluky ass one title. and dont tell me the same shit on how the mavs have none because you know what we will win it this year and yes im confident in my team even though we havent been playing well

You guys will be lucky to make the playoffs

monosylab1k
02-22-2009, 01:07 AM

That would be spectacular evidence to prove Salvatore saw a foul, but the big problem with that is Devin Harris didn't get called for a foul. Dirk did. And Dirk had his hands on air.

So that call is still bullshit.

BeloveD MAVS Fan
02-22-2009, 01:09 AM
You guys will be lucky to make the playoffs

wow the lakers suck kobe hasnt won shit without shaq, and Pau Gasoft looks like a damn Llama, and lakers wont win shit this year

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2009, 01:10 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/061206dnsposherrington.d9a61ee.html

This was the downfall...

wow...good find:wow

i rember Jay Mariotti writing a similar column for the Sun-Times when the Cubs went up 3-1 on the Marlins in the NLCS

Ditty
02-22-2009, 01:11 AM
Well let me tell alittle of an introduction about basketball..
the nba is for 48 minutes, the team with that finishes with the most points after the 48 minutes wins the game..

agree wow i love when the spurs beat the lakers physically and mentally that the lakers lose in the finals :lol :toast

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2009, 01:12 AM
wow the lakers suck kobe hasnt won shit without shaq, and Pau Gasoft looks like a damn Llama, and lakers wont win shit this year

aww, bless your little heart:(

Seriously, Dallas might lose out to the Suns for the 8th spot

monosylab1k
02-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah, that looks like a clear foul.

By Dirk? Dirk got called for that foul. You're saying it's clearly a foul by Dirk? What Devin Harris is doing in that picture is irrelevant, he didn't get called for shit.

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2009, 01:15 AM
agree wow i love when the spurs beat the lakers physically and mentally that the lakers lose in the finals :lol :toast

you were smoked in 5 games...you act like it was a seven-game series:lmao

Consider yourself lucky to win even 1 this year if Bynum comes back

Ditty
02-22-2009, 01:18 AM
you were smoked in 5 games...you act like it was a seven-game series:lmao

Consider yourself lucky to win even 1 this year if Bynum comes back

damn well that series sure made your lakers get yalls assed kicked by the celtics :lmao

shit we already beat yall this year :toast

Ghazi
02-22-2009, 01:34 AM
That foul was called on our beloved Dirk.

There is video evidence that dirk gave D-Whistle the primadonna wheelchair bitch sex addict who doesn't deserve his ring a slight shove in the back, but the whistle should absolutely be swallowed. A crucial Finals game should not come down to god damn free throws.

It wasn't a rigged series, but it was a bullshit series. Our Mavs could've played better, but the officiating could've, and should've, been better such that our beloved Mavs "C" game was good enough to win a title, on account of the Heat being a garbage shit team.

Plenty of video and statistical evidence to show extremely one sided officiating. While Zo could get away with physical play in the paint, the Mavs were getting called for bullshit touch fouls.

The Heat could've shown they weren't fluke champions the year after, but ended up going 44-42. Granted, they battled injuries, but fucking swept in the 1st round by a young Bulls team? Unworthy champions the Cheat were in 2006, but Bennett Salvatore and David Stern granted them their wish.

Oh well, such is life. But now we weep at our mediocrity on account of our wonderful run closing without a ring our boys deserve.

duncan228
02-22-2009, 01:42 AM
The Mavs didn't win in '06? But I have the T shirt. :depressed

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/oddsandends/mavs06champs.jpg

Thompson
02-22-2009, 01:43 AM
By Dirk? Dirk got called for that foul. You're saying it's clearly a foul by Dirk? What Devin Harris is doing in that picture is irrelevant, he didn't get called for shit.

Unless the call fouled Dirk out of the game, even if Dirk didn't foul him it's clear that Harris did. You can argue that Dirk shouldn't have been called, but Harris should have been. Net result is the same anyway. Heat won, and should have.

Also, as Ghazi says, video evidence points to Dirk shoving Wade's hip with his right hand (which you can't see from the angle of the picture).

And this is not the greatest forum to complain about officiating in that series. Many Spurs fans (and sports commentators, for that matter) think the Mavs shouldn't have been there in the first place, but made it due to officiating in the Spurs-Mavs series. You'll get no sympathy from me.

Rogue
02-22-2009, 02:07 AM

Dwayn Fade travelled before harris fouled him. what a biased fan of miami cheat. video shows it far more clearly than a faded pic.

m33p0
02-22-2009, 02:14 AM
The Mavs didn't win in '06? But I have the T shirt. :depressed

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/oddsandends/mavs06champs.jpg
weeeeeeeeee!:downspin:

baseline bum
02-22-2009, 02:28 AM

An everytime Dirk touched the ball in the second round, he went to the FT line.

Game 3: Spurs @ Mavs, Dirk Nowitzki shoots 24 FT, Mavs outshoot the Spurs 50-32 @ the FT line.

Live by the whistle, then die by the whistle.

The suspensions Jerry Stackhouse for his "Flagerent" foul against Shaquille O'Neal, if Dwayne Wade would of done the same thing, it would of been a charge.

He didn't go for the ball at all. That was a textbook flagrant foul; it doesn't matter the player it was committed on.

By the way did anyone else see Jason Terry get fouled on that last 3 pointer, but like most of the calls that should of been called on the Heat, it wasn't called.

Not in the act of shooting.

GSH
02-22-2009, 02:43 AM
Dwayne Wade attempted 25 Free throws in Game 5

I think it's hilarious that you Dallas trolls insist that game was rigged because D-Wade made 21 of 25 free throws, in a game that was decided by 1 point. But you don't have a problem with Dirk making 21 of 24 free throws against the Spurs, in a game that was decided by 1 point.

Mavs, Suns, and Lakers fans must all drink the same Kool-Aid.

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 02:50 AM
He didn't go for the ball at all. That was a textbook flagrant foul; it doesn't matter the player it was committed on.

Not in the act of shooting.

Dude, there are harder fouls than the one Stackhouse committed on Shaq every day at the park or rec center everyday and people just get up and laugh it off. Stackhouse went for the ball but went across Shaq's body in doing so.

And since when does grabbing someones jersey when they're going up not affecting you in the act of shooting?

Good lord, you're delusional

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 02:56 AM
For the record, the Kings got hosed too, even though I always hated them. But I can call it like I see it and admit it.

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2009, 03:01 AM
I think it's hilarious that you Dallas trolls insist that game was rigged because D-Wade made 21 of 25 free throws, in a game that was decided by 1 point. But you don't have a problem with Dirk making 21 of 24 free throws against the Spurs, in a game that was decided by 1 point.

Mavs, Suns, and Lakers fans must all drink the same Kool-Aid.

Really, when did we cry conspiracy over a loss like all your brethren do?

The only time I've even mentioned anything of the sort is when referring to Game 3 of the Spurs-Suns series--but all you gotta do is youtube that and know a blind man could see what's going on. Nobody cries foul more than SA, and there are plenty of threads on this forum to prove it

ElNono
02-22-2009, 03:02 AM
After 3 long years you guys are still holding onto that shit? Let it go. It's been 3 years, it's time to move on and cheer for the Carslile version of Mavericks... :lol

Ghazi
02-22-2009, 03:06 AM
Easy for a Spurs fan to say, considering you benefited from Kerrs fluke shots and Dirks injury in 2003, Horrys fluke shot in 2005, and a BS technicality suspension in 2007 along with fluke Warriors shots that prevented the Mavs from meeting Spurs in WCF :toast

baseline bum
02-22-2009, 03:09 AM
Dude, there are harder fouls than the one Stackhouse committed on Shaq every day at the park or rec center everyday and people just get up and laugh it off. Stackhouse went for the ball but went across Shaq's body in doing so.

And since when does grabbing someones jersey when they're going up not affecting you in the act of shooting?

It doesn't really affect your shot if you're not shooting, for one. Do you want me to post the video so you can see Terry take a dribble and run past a Nowitzki screen after the jersey pull? There's no way you're getting 3 free throws on that.

Findog
02-22-2009, 03:15 AM

The foul was called on Dirk, not Harris. I give the Heat credit for winning the series, but that was a bad call.

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 03:18 AM
It doesn't really affect your shot if you're not shooting, for one. Do you want me to post the video so you can see Terry take a dribble and run past a Nowitzki screen after the jersey pull? There's no way you're getting 3 free throws on that.

Yeah I'd like to see the video again actually. I couldn't find it

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 03:20 AM
The foul was called on Dirk, not Harris. I give the Heat credit for winning the series, but that was a bad call.

That picture is misleading, check the actual video I don't think he grabbed his arm. Depth perception doesn't really show in that picture, Although it looks like he grabbed him from the side

Ghazi
02-22-2009, 03:25 AM

Fuck that.

RedsLakers24
02-22-2009, 03:32 AM
the call was also made befor Harris fouled him, harris tried to stop him after he heard the whistle

baseline bum
02-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Yeah I'd like to see the video again actually. I couldn't find it

T04R-814GPM

It should have been two free throws, as Payton intentionally grabbed Terry's jersey when it was obvious he wasn't going to get over the screen. The refs swallowed their whistles, giving Terry a wide-open three to try to tie the game. If they call that foul, it's 2 FT with 5 seconds left, down 3, with no timeouts, and they'd be almost forced to miss the second FT and try for a miracle rebound and putback.

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 04:07 AM
T04R-814GPM

It should have been two free throws, as Payton intentionally grabbed Terry's jersey when it was obvious he wasn't going to get over the screen. The refs swallowed their whistles, giving Terry a wide-open three to try to tie the game. If they call that foul, it's 2 FT with 5 seconds left, down 3, with no timeouts, and they'd be almost forced to miss the second FT and try for a miracle rebound and putback.

So I remembered that play incorrectly. I think the refs did the right thing swallowing the whistle, though.

If I remember correct, games 4 and 6 were called somewhat fairly. It was games 3 and 5 I felt we got totally screwed, if I remember correctly. If we didn't get a broomstick shoved up our ass in the 4th quarter of game 3, we go up 3-0 and don't lose that series. Maybe you don't feel that way. I do. And so do a vast amount of fans of many other teams, from my experiences posting on different messageboards and people I know. It's just how I feel.

j-money24
02-22-2009, 04:09 AM
damn well that series sure made your lakers get yalls assed kicked by the celtics :lmao

shit we already beat yall this year :toast

buddy the lakers have owned the spurs in the playoffs badly.
you beated us with a fluke mason shot and a stupid fisher foul while we blowed you guys out. anyways i dont even care about the regular season
just wait till the playyoffs, you guys will be done in 4 or 5 games

Findog
02-22-2009, 04:11 AM
The Mavs were the victims of poorly-officiated games in 3 and 5, but they also had plenty of chances to win the series outright. They couldn't do it. It's frustrating to think about how close they came and being on the short end of the stick, whistle-wise, for two of those losses. But they also were in great position and couldn't get it done.

Findog
02-22-2009, 04:12 AM
Actually, 6 wasn't a great night for the refs either, but 3 and 5 were especially bad. The Kings went through the same thing in their series against the Lakers. They lost a pivotal game that was reffed terribly.

Findog
02-22-2009, 04:13 AM
You can scream and moan about Games 3 and 5 if you're a Mavs fan, but they had an inexcusable no-show in Game 4 to let Miami back in and tie the series up at 2 games apiece.

Findog
02-22-2009, 04:15 AM
That picture is misleading, check the actual video I don't think he grabbed his arm. Depth perception doesn't really show in that picture, Although it looks like he grabbed him from the side

It doesn't really matter what the video shows Devin Harris doing, since the foul was called on Dirk. It's Dirk's actions that are pertinent. Dirk does swing his arms down as Wade makes his final approach to the basket, but he doesn't foul Wade or make contact. Salvatore made an anticipatory call, and he butchered it.

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 04:17 AM
It doesn't really matter what the video shows Devin Harris doing, since the foul was called on Dirk. It's Dirk's actions that are pertinent. Dirk does swing his arms down as Wade makes his final approach to the basket, but he doesn't foul Wade or make contact. Salvatore made an anticipatory call, and he butchered it.

Laker fan also pointed out that he grabbed Wade after the whistle to prevent an and 1. Some details of that series are fuzzy to me because the only thing we could do as Mav fans is try to block it out of your head.

Ghazi
02-22-2009, 05:46 AM
The Cheat title shouldn't be justified by the fact that the Mavs blew opportunities. The goal of basketball is simply to score more points than the other team, when it becomes score more points than the other team, and then score another 3-4 to offset bad officiating, that's not basketball, that's bullshit.

3,5,6 tarnished by refs... decided by 2 points, 1 point, and 3 points. We can point back to Dirk's missed FT, J-Blunts missed FT's, or the Mavs poor shooting games in 5 and 6... but bottom line is BS whistles. Yeahhhh we could've made a few more shots, rebounded a few more rebounds, protected the basketball a little more, but that's moot. You're not asked to play a flawless brand of basketball, just to score more points than the other team 4 times out of 7, which the Mavs did if not for whistles giving the Cheat 5 points per game in 5/6.

Game 5, Mavs up 1 after a ridiculously tough Dirk shot, D-Whistle the primadonna wheelchair bitch who doesn't deserve his ring and is a sex addict ends teh game with 2 undeserved FT's.

pretty big muthafuckin deal. The difference between 3-2 and 2-3 is unbelievable. The win rate of game 5 winners is by no fluke over 80%.

46 FT's in final 2 games for D-Whistle the primadonna wheelchair bitch. 2 games. 46 free throws. That's 23 per game, that's absurd. The Mavs have nevre been known for elite perimeter defense, but 23 FT per game over 2 games? Give me a fucking break. 16.3 for the series too, highly absurd.

And for those who say get over it, our beloved fanbase has gotten over it, but that doesn't mean we can't whine about it. I mean, we're talkin about a muthafuckin championship here, this ain't no regular season game.

And we're talking about our beloved Dirk's legacy being permanently tarnished. If Salvatore doesn't bail out the Cheat in game 5, that shot over Shaq by Dirk would go down in NBA Finals history as one of the best shots ever.

D-Whistle didn't even have a defining shot in that series, just bullshit free throws.

Conclusions:

1. The Mavs should've won it all in 2003, but an injury to our beloved Fin costing us HCA over the spurs, along with Dirk's injury and Kerr's bullshit shots doomed us. Hindsight of course says "run and gun" can't win a championship, but that's all it is, hindsight. Assuming Dirk's injury, Finley's injury, and Kerr's fluke shots don't happen, run and gun Mavs would've played a 49 win Net team in the Finals. Who you got in that?
2. The Mavs should've won it all in 2006 but the refs fucked the Mavs over
3. The Mavs should've won it all in 2007 but the Warriors starting hitting bullshit halfcourt circus H-O-R-S-E shots and one legged 3 pointers.

But alas, we must cope with drugs. :toast

Ghazi
02-22-2009, 05:53 AM
You can scream and moan about Games 3 and 5 if you're a Mavs fan, but they had an inexcusable no-show in Game 4 to let Miami back in and tie the series up at 2 games apiece.

That just means our boys in blue should've won the series 4-1 or 4-2 instead of 4-0.

A team is "allowed" 1 "off" game in a 7 game series really. Nobody will bring up the Lakers no show in game 3 v the Spurs last year, or the Warriors no show v the Mavs in game 2, or the Spurs no shows in games 1,2, and 5 v the Hornets last year. Or hell, the Spurs losing by 30ish in game 4 v the Pistons in the '05 Finals (pretty much exact same situation, were up 2-0, no show in game 4 makes it 2-2), and so on.. Cause all those teams ended up winning their respective series, in spite of a dud game.

Mutha FUCK the Cheat

Evil Angel
02-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Give it a rest all. The Mavs folded after game 3. Blew that one big time.
This guy just starting shit. Another depressed Cuban fan.

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 10:03 AM
I agree Dallas got hosed in that series. I remember having a weird feeling when the Heat won the championship thinking this is one of the worst teams I've ever seen to win a championship. It never felt like they were a championship caliber team. But yeah, Wade got so many calls it was ridiculous.

Ghazi
02-22-2009, 10:12 AM
That's cause they are. We're talking about a team that won a meager 52 regular season games, wasn't elite offensively or defensively, and started Antoine fucking Walker and Jason Williams. I repeat, Antoine muthafuckin Walker and Jason muthafuckin Williams.

Muser
02-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Championship caliber or not, they won.

Flo-Rida
02-22-2009, 10:56 AM
:lol

"What am I saying to you right now, dog? Please, don't come off on me right now because I'm going to come off on you, and I'm not in a great mood right now. Get out of my face, man. Get out of my face."

Remember Josh Howard after game 5. This was when the reporter was talking to him about the time out he took.

Flo-Rida
02-22-2009, 11:02 AM
That's cause they are. We're talking about a team that won a meager 52 regular season games, wasn't elite offensively or defensively, and started Antoine fucking Walker and Jason Williams. I repeat, Antoine muthafuckin Walker and Jason muthafuckin Williams.

:lol In the end what does it say under 2006 NBA champions??? Yea you know what we got away with some calls but damn in that spurs series you guys benefited all series from the refs. But still complained like little bitches.
Time goes on bitch. How do you think cane fans felt after they got hosed against the buckeyes in the national championship. Hell we were pissed. BUT TIME GOES ON. Besides what happened in 2007?

Flo-Rida
02-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Dwayn Fade travelled before harris fouled him. what a biased fan of miami cheat. video shows it far more clearly than a faded pic.

:toast Hate on it.

sribb43
02-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Why the fuck did you bring this shit up...it brings nothing but pan to Mavs fans

Obstructed_View
02-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Every game the Mavs lose were rigged.

I always find it amusing that the same people that cry about the whistles Wade got thought Dirk deserved all the calls he got against San Antonio and Phoenix.

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 04:16 PM
I always find it amusing that the same people that cry about the whistles Wade got thought Dirk deserved all the calls he got against San Antonio and Phoenix.

Dirk's calls against San Antonio came from the fact that your PF couldn't guard Dirk straight up and you had to resort to guarding him with a 6'7 wing in Bowen. Even with that said, Dirk still may have gotten some calls, but it doesn't even compare. Wade was getting phantom whistles on jumpers with no one within 10 feet. Hell, even worse than the whistles was the fact that our guys had to basically not play defense and just sag way off and play passively for fear of more phantom whistles. I think your perception of that series is a little off because Spur fans were absolutely livid at the time and wanted to see the Mavs lose at all costs.

baseline bum
02-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Dirk's calls against San Antonio came from the fact that your PF couldn't guard Dirk straight up and you had to resort to guarding him with a 6'7 wing in Bowen. Even with that said, Dirk still may have gotten some calls, but it doesn't even compare. Wade was getting phantom whistles on jumpers with no one within 10 feet. Hell, even worse than the whistles was the fact that our guys had to basically not play defense and just sag way off and play passively for fear of more phantom whistles. I think your perception of that series is a little off because Spur fans were absolutely livid at the time and wanted to see the Mavs lose at all costs.

I think Mavfan perception was way off because they were used to getting the benefit of the doubt every single time in the earlier rounds. As for the phantom fouls on Wade, that crap has been going on since 2000 when the NBA changed the defensive rules and decided you couldn't play any defense on guards .

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 04:45 PM
:lol Fans on the other boards can admit it, why can't you?

Nothing like the 06 Finals has been seen before or since. Pierce was actually allowed defense on Kobe in last years finals, and Kobe is better than Wade

Obstructed_View
02-22-2009, 04:50 PM

It's kind of hard to guard a guy straight up when you get fouled out when he steps on your foot or scores 21 of his 27 points in a game from the free throw line. I just love how it's justifiable when the Mavs are on the winning side but not when they're on the losing side.

By the way, I'm curious as to how it's the fault of the officials that Dirk couldn't hit a free throw to put that game away against Miami. He got the call; did they need to shoot it for him too?

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 04:56 PM
It's kind of hard to guard a guy straight up when you get fouled out when he steps on your foot or scores 21 of his 27 points in a game from the free throw line. I just love how it's justifiable when the Mavs are on the winning side but not when they're on the losing side.

By the way, I'm curious as to how it's the fault of the officials that Dirk couldn't hit a free throw to put that game away against Miami. He got the call; did they need to shoot it for him too?

He missed a free throw. But you can't pick out mistakes he made in that series and somehow think that justifies us getting hosed.

As far as Dirk's step on the foot? You can't pick out one questionable call and compare it to a whole series of absolute obvious bullshit.

Anyway, I refuse to be part of this cripple fight any longer. If you don't see how fucked up that series was, you obviously didn't watch that series very closely, if at all, you were too busy masturbating to the scoreboard without seeing what was actually going on. I can't help you there

baseline bum
02-22-2009, 05:02 PM
:lol Fans on the other boards can admit it, why can't you?

Nothing like the 06 Finals has been seen before or since. Pierce was actually allowed defense on Kobe in last years finals, and Kobe is better than Wade

Kobe's never had a playoffs like Wade did in '06. Wade got incredibly hot and absolutely murdered the Pistons the series before. It's pathetic that Mav fans think Wade was just a free throw shooter in the 06 playoffs.

baseline bum
02-22-2009, 05:04 PM
As far as Dirk's step on the foot? You can't pick out one questionable call and compare it to a whole series of absolute obvious bullshit.

It wasn't one questionable call. Dirk getting the call for stepping on Duncan's foot handed the Mavs game 3. Dirk getting the foul call when Bowen breathed on him at the end of game 4 stole that one from the Spurs.

mavsluva
02-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Ahhh geez, not this again. Last time I checked, the Heat still had more points than the Mavs. Therefore, they won those games and the series. You can dice it. Slice it. Massage it. Grind it. Fry it. Sautee it. Etc. It don't matter. The final scores do not lie.

Thread.

manufor3
02-22-2009, 08:23 PM

it wuld have been a foul either way, so does it matter who its on? (if dirk fouled out i understand)

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 09:24 PM
it wuld have been a foul either way, so does it matter who its on? (if dirk fouled out i understand)

harris grabbed him AFTER the whistle to prevent an and one. Otherwise Devin wouldn't have fouled

Ditty
02-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Easy for a Spurs fan to say, considering you benefited from Kerrs fluke shots and Dirks injury in 2003, Horrys fluke shot in 2005, and a BS technicality suspension in 2007 along with fluke Warriors shots that prevented the Mavs from meeting Spurs in WCF :toast

how bout dirks fluke shot in 2006 spurs would of actually beat miami :lol

how bout 2001 when juwan howard hurt derek anderson we still kicked yalls ass but derek could of helped us out against the lakers, or 2002 with 3 4th quarter melt down ths could of beat the lakers but probably lost to the kings,or 2004 with derek fishers .4 seconds and gone on to go up 3-2,or of course nowitski shot and almost made the mavs choke once again or last year brent barry wasn't called for the foul in game 4 or 2 games we were leading by duoble figures and we lose it in the last quarter

wow we would be going for our 9th championship this year if all these things didn't happen

and i agree that was a lucky shot by horry but we still would of won that series, and we were blowing out the mavs in game 3 of the wcf yall should be happy in went to game 6 that we blew a 19 point lead in game 5 :lol, and we still wold of beat the suns like usual you can't come up with a excuse like that and mavs were going to lose anyways we were on fire in 2007 :lobt2:

djohn2oo8
02-22-2009, 10:28 PM
It's time for mavs fans to stop their fucking whining. Yes, you too Mark Cuban!!!

GSH
02-22-2009, 11:19 PM

You're dead on with that. As much as I dislike Mark Cuban and the Mavs, I do think they got hosed on some big calls in that series. But if they had executed, they would have overcome.

The .4 shot against the Spurs was a disgrace, too. They looked at the clock, rather than looking at how long the shot took - which defeats part of the purpose of instant replay. BUT... Derek Fisher executed. That was an incredibly tough shot, under pressure. And he nailed it.

I think the officiating in the 2006 playoffs was the worst I have ever seen, and a dark blot on the integrity of the league. The Pistons probably have at least as much cause to bitch as either the Spurs or the Mavs. And for them it wasn't just a few horrible calls at the wrong time, either. The refs let Miami get by with absolute murder for long stretches. BUT... they also didn't execute. They averaged something like 40% from the field for those two series. Even with the refs swallowing their whistles, they missed a lot of shots that they should have knocked down.

The Mavs got some raw calls, but they missed some opportunities to overcome and they didn't deliver.

hitmanyr2k
02-23-2009, 12:03 AM
I can't believe Mavs fans are screaming about Game 5. When your dumbass players miss 3/4 free throws in the final 90 seconds they deserve to lose. The refs were giving the Mavs every opportunity to cushion their lead in crunchtime and the Mavs coughed them up. Don't blame the refs because your players can't take care of business on the biggest stage in the NBA. The Mavs were their own worst enemy...not the refs. Choking in Game 3 killed that team's psyche and it showed in Game 4 where they got blown out and let the Heat back in the series.

BUMP
02-23-2009, 12:29 AM
how bout dirks fluke shot in 2006 spurs would of actually beat miami :lol

how bout 2001 when juwan howard hurt derek anderson we still kicked yalls ass but derek could of helped us out against the lakers, or 2002 with 3 4th quarter melt down ths could of beat the lakers but probably lost to the kings,or 2004 with derek fishers .4 seconds and gone on to go up 3-2,or of course nowitski shot and almost made the mavs choke once again or last year brent barry wasn't called for the foul in game 4 or 2 games we were leading by duoble figures and we lose it in the last quarter

wow we would be going for our 9th championship this year if all these things didn't happen

and i agree that was a lucky shot by horry but we still would of won that series, and we were blowing out the mavs in game 3 of the wcf yall should be happy in went to game 6 that we blew a 19 point lead in game 5 :lol, and we still wold of beat the suns like usual you can't come up with a excuse like that and mavs were going to lose anyways we were on fire in 2007 :lobt2:

idk about that. Tim Duncan said himself that there was no way they were beating Dallas that year

Ron Ron Artest
02-23-2009, 12:46 AM
The Heat could've shown they weren't fluke champions the year after, but ended up going 44-42.

I didnt realize the season was 86 games now.

Are mavs fans really STILL complaining about this crap. You lost the finals and they were not rigged. Are you seroius? wow.

monosylab1k
02-23-2009, 12:53 AM
idk about that. Tim Duncan said himself that there was no way they were beating Dallas that year

Plus nothing says "we would have beaten them anyways" like Manu Ginobili calling up Stephen Jackson and kissing his ass for getting rid of the Mavericks.

monosylab1k
02-23-2009, 12:55 AM
I didnt realize the season was 86 games now.

Are mavs fans really STILL complaining about this crap. You lost the finals and they were not rigged. Are you seroius? wow.

Ghazi is a moron trying to elevate himself to epic troll status by saying over-the-top horseshit. Just ignore his crap.

And the 2006 Finals weren't rigged.....the refs were just really really incompetent.

baseline bum
02-23-2009, 01:07 AM

Link?

ElNono
02-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Plus nothing says "we would have beaten them anyways" like Manu Ginobili calling up Stephen Jackson and kissing his ass for getting rid of the Mavericks.

I thought this was a myth, debunked by Manu himself?
I do remember Manu praising the Mavs that season, but that's about it...

Warlord23
02-23-2009, 01:23 AM

Shh ... that myth is the high point of the Mavs' history ... the Dallas fanbase's favorite memory, just ahead of Terry's punch and Juwan Howard's hard foul. Who needs rings and banners when you've got moments like this to feel proud about?

monosylab1k
02-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Shh ... that myth is the high point of the Mavs' history

actually this is

kx-Y7NQ_wOg

monosylab1k
02-23-2009, 01:38 AM

so you're calling Stephen Jackson a liar?

ElNono
02-23-2009, 01:51 AM
so you're calling Stephen Jackson a liar?

That would be Ginobili calling SJax a liar, not me...

Ghazi
02-23-2009, 04:34 AM
Ghazi is a moron trying to elevate himself to epic troll status by saying over-the-top horseshit. Just ignore his crap.

And the 2006 Finals weren't rigged.....the refs were just really really incompetent.

Jesus Christ pot meet kettle :toast

urunobili
02-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Karma defeated the Mavs...

dirk4mvp
02-23-2009, 03:36 PM

That was never debunked. It's as true as Barea is short.

Obstructed_View
02-23-2009, 04:55 PM
You're dead on with that. As much as I dislike Mark Cuban and the Mavs, I do think they got hosed on some big calls in that series. But if they had executed, they would have overcome.

The .4 shot against the Spurs was a disgrace, too. They looked at the clock, rather than looking at how long the shot took - which defeats part of the purpose of instant replay. BUT... Derek Fisher executed. That was an incredibly tough shot, under pressure. And he nailed it.

I think the officiating in the 2006 playoffs was the worst I have ever seen, and a dark blot on the integrity of the league. The Pistons probably have at least as much cause to bitch as either the Spurs or the Mavs. And for them it wasn't just a few horrible calls at the wrong time, either. The refs let Miami get by with absolute murder for long stretches. BUT... they also didn't execute. They averaged something like 40% from the field for those two series. Even with the refs swallowing their whistles, they missed a lot of shots that they should have knocked down.

The Mavs got some raw calls, but they missed some opportunities to overcome and they didn't deliver.

If you're going to bring that lame, worn-out, debunked, and factually incorrect argument into here, then I respectfully ask that you get the hell off my side in any discussion. Duncan's shot over Shaq went through the bucket with eight tenths of a second, so even if Fisher hadn't gotten the shot off in less than .4 it would have been a good shot. But Fisher DID get the shot off in less than .4 so it doesn't matter. Add to that the fact that it wasn't even a closeout game for the Spurs and you have a fair and square win for the Lakers.