PDA

View Full Version : Why Spurs???

BeloveD MAVS Fan
02-22-2009, 01:30 AM
why are the spurs crowd always quiet and seem bored? i respect the spurs more than the crappy fakers but i just have to know, because everytime i see one of there games their crowd is always Dull and only get hyped when the spurs do a dunk or a winning shot.

honestfool84
02-22-2009, 01:33 AM
yes.

yes.
i don't like that the spurs aren't as rowdy as before.

MrChug
02-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Fake mavsfan...whazzup Mouse.

GSH
02-22-2009, 01:57 AM
You're right. About the players, the fans... everything.

You've never been to a game here, I take it? They actually put "Please Do Not Cheer" on the Jumbotron at the AT&T Center". It used to just say, "Do Not Cheer", and the guy who left off the word "Please" got fired.

Sometimes it's so quiet you can hear the championship banners rustling in the rafters, in the breeze from the air conditioners. Our players don't like to be distracted by a lot of noise, and fans are occasionally kicked out of the arena for not turning off their cell phones.

During time outs our cheerleaders come out and do poetry readings - without a microphone. The snack bars turn off all their popcorn makers so that the audience can hear every word.

The Spurs try not to throw down too many dunks, and they prefer to have games under control rather than making game-winning shots in the final seconds. They find all that yelling distasteful and rude.

m33p0
02-22-2009, 02:06 AM
we only cheer for dunks.

WildcardManu
02-22-2009, 02:22 AM
we only cheer for dunks.

what dunks, hehehe

if it's not the playoffs why get all rowdy?

Interrohater
02-22-2009, 04:27 AM
I dunno, but I guess I'm a typical Spurs fan then. Although I watch the entire game, I don't start getting into it until a few minutes left in the fourth. I hate morons that start celebrating too early, a la Kobe Bryant and his idiotic "I've got big balls" dance earlier this year. I guess when people are all rowdy in the first quarter, I dunno, it's just annoying.
I think the answer may be that Spurs fans have learned to be patient. OMG, has Pop coached us too?!

Spork KIller
02-22-2009, 04:50 AM
why are the spurs crowd always quiet and seem bored? i respect the spurs more than the crappy fakers but i just have to know, because everytime i see one of there games their crowd is always Dull and only get hyped when the spurs do a dunk or a winning shot.

Boring team ....boring fans arghhhh!! :lol

m33p0
02-22-2009, 04:51 AM
ah, yes. the obligatory stupid post.

bbarry
02-22-2009, 05:10 AM
spork wishes his team was as good as the spurs. he'd rather have a great and "boring" team, as opposed to one that is high tempo, can't play defense, and gets flushed in the 1st or 2nd round every year. I guarantee it.

Sec24Row7
02-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Do you see the spurs go nuts when they make a shot in the second quarter?

Our players are veterans some with 3 or 4 championships... our fans in that arena were there for the same thing.

We don't get too high on the highs or too low on the lows.

Veteran fans... we've been there.

The mood in the arena COMPLETELY changes in the playoffs though...

sonic21
02-22-2009, 10:31 AM
we need player like KG or big baby, mouthing off the entire time, beating their chest, trying to start shit, acting tough after a layup.

the crowd will react. :tu

Rogue
02-22-2009, 10:37 AM
spurs need to play like the former "super sonics". :lol

Flux451
02-22-2009, 11:08 AM
spurs need to play like the former "super sonics". :lol

with an avatar like i sure hope you are a female

Interrohater
02-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Dude, Dirk4MVP has a very similar avatar...:elephant

rayray2k8
02-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Spurs fans are spoiled...

jag
02-22-2009, 02:26 PM

"He's" a female.

TampaDude
02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
For the Spurs, the REAL season begins in April. You'll hear plenty of cheering then.

cool hand
02-22-2009, 02:30 PM
no more 10cent beer nights

spursfan09
02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
We only start getting rowdy as each game gets more meaningful.

LockBeard
02-22-2009, 02:44 PM
They've been desensitized to winning.

Spursfan092120
02-22-2009, 03:49 PM
By the way..the Celts are beating your asses right now...

Spursfan092120
02-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Spurs fans are spoiled...

Wrong..not spoiled...we just know our team has the talent to win it every year, and if we don't, it upsets us. And if you don't get upset when your team loses, you're not a fan.

EVAY
02-22-2009, 06:03 PM

1. Because the Spurs are boring unless Manu is on the floor. Now, with Mason, they might get better if he can develop some slashing moves.
2. Because all of the close seats are held by people who have more money than interest in the game of basketball or the Spurs as a team.

I used to be a season ticket holder but sold my tickets before last year's playoffs. A major reason is that all the people around me turned and told me to be quiet if I was cheering during the game, or if I called out a ref. It was horrible. ( and I don't curse or anything...I'm just loud). Plus, Pop really doesn't seem to care about the regular season very much. I understand "management-by-objectives" as well as the next guy, and I understand that the coaches and players all get a whole lot more money if they get to the playoffs than if they play their tails off every night in front of the home town fans, but man oh man, it gets old paying almost $500 for a set of two tickets to each home game when the players seem bored, the coaches seem only interested in "waiting until the REAL season starts", and the people around you are in their seats because someone at their job gave them the company's seats for the night...or even worse...the seats are empty because the company couldn't find people who were willing to sit in their box seats during a game.

dirk4mvp
02-22-2009, 06:10 PM

"He's" a female.

I have fans.

dirk4mvp
02-22-2009, 06:12 PM

You have 2 guys holding hands with one of them trying to prominently show his ass in your avatar.

Duncan2177
02-22-2009, 06:35 PM
You're right. About the players, the fans... everything.

You've never been to a game here, I take it? They actually put "Please Do Not Cheer" on the Jumbotron at the AT&T Center". It used to just say, "Do Not Cheer", and the guy who left off the word "Please" got fired.

Sometimes it's so quiet you can hear the championship banners rustling in the rafters, in the breeze from the air conditioners. Our players don't like to be distracted by a lot of noise, and fans are occasionally kicked out of the arena for not turning off their cell phones.

During time outs our cheerleaders come out and do poetry readings - without a microphone. The snack bars turn off all their popcorn makers so that the audience can hear every word.

The Spurs try not to throw down too many dunks, and they prefer to have games under control rather than making game-winning shots in the final seconds. They find all that yelling distasteful and rude.

Thats fucken lame.

SouthTexasRancher
02-22-2009, 07:18 PM

I dunno, maybe it is because we've kicked the living shit out of every other team in the NBA so much we just take things for granted. Especially against teams like the Dallas Mavs who have not given us any competition other than the year the Mavs went to the Finals and blew it as bad as the Fakers did last year. Maybe we need to bring back Michael, Larry, Magic, Oscar and Russell to give us some serious competition. It is very obvious that no one in our Division is worthy of being on the same floor with the 4 Time NBA World Champions. The Champs who do NOT make fools of themselves like the Mavs and Fakers when in the NBA Finals!

Otherwise I have no idea. I know when we played at Hemisfair Arena we were by far the loudest and rowdiest fans in not only the NBA but in all of pro sports. We'd send the noise meter out the roof!

BTW, when is that gay owner of yours going to get some players that understand how to win? He seems to throw lots of money towards losers. It must be pure hell being a Mavs fan!!!

SouthTexasRancher
02-22-2009, 07:21 PM

Hey spores...how did your Phoney Suns do today?

ROTFFLMFAO@U...!!!!!

BTW, we have Junior High basketball teams here in San Antonio and South Texas who can kick your Phoney Suns ass!!!

Ditty
02-22-2009, 08:58 PM

have you been to a spurs game?

i wouldn't be talking ive been to the AAC yall are worse then the toyota center where probably the most loudest crowd in the league and that's pretty sad espically our fans don't start coming around till april

superbigtime
02-22-2009, 09:05 PM

Why don't you just come to the game on Tuesday then, shitbag, and we'll see how loud it gets when your Mavs get sodomized.