PDA

View Full Version : Is Mt. Shaq Ready to Erupt?

der Kaiser
02-22-2009, 03:11 AM
Though the Suns are without Amaré Stoudemire and an offense that utilized him in post-up situations often, O'Neal thinks the Suns have a shot to rise five places in the Western Conference standings and get home-court advantage in a first-round playoff series.

"If I'm out there, the belief is always going to be high," O'Neal said, again adding later, "If I get more touches, I will deliver." (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/02/21/20090221spt-sunsnb.html)

I read reports earlier in the week that he cleaned out his locker and refused to talk to reporters. Now it seems that the Diesel is going to want his touches in the reinstated run and gun offense.

Is the Diesel just blowing smoke, or is he getting ready to blow up on the Suns?

Why does it seem that Shaq always leaves his former teams rather acrimoniously?

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2009, 03:14 AM
call me crazy, but i still think he's got it in him to carry a team on his back

Donkeybong
02-22-2009, 03:20 AM
same here

Ghazi
02-22-2009, 03:26 AM

Agreed, all the way to 9th place in da West.

der Kaiser
02-22-2009, 03:44 AM
I dont think Shaq can carry a team on his back, I think he needs a good to great small guy to help him. In the teams that Shaq has been succesful in, (I do mean team success) he has had three quality small guys.

In this case with PHX, I think that Jason Richardson needs to take that role of a Penny, Kobe, and Wade for Shaq to really wreck havoc in the west. Nash as good as he is, is to unselfish among other things to fill that role.

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2009, 03:49 AM
eh, what the hell...go Suns...I want to see Shaq take them to the playoffs as the 7th seed and go all the way to the WCF before losing to LA. That would be a great story...highly unlikely, but great

baseline bum
02-22-2009, 03:52 AM

OK, you're crazy.

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2009, 03:54 AM
OK, you're crazy.

it IS 4 in the morning:lol

m33p0
02-22-2009, 04:59 AM
no, he can't carry a team on his back. those days are over. but he can certainly give them a big push.

der Kaiser
02-22-2009, 07:04 AM
I wonder who he is talking about?

Shaquille O'Neal on the recent changes: "We always had a shot to get it done. These guys were just used to one way. We tried to put them in an athletic culture shock. They really didn't adapt. Some guys adapt quickly. Some guys, it takes time. Some guys don't adapt at all. These guys like to play like that. Despite that, you still got to make stops. ... Now, against the good teams, teams that play great defense, teams that have great chemistry, teams that are up there, that's going to be the true test."

TheMACHINE
02-22-2009, 12:11 PM

he'll break his back trying. dude cant even play back to backs. lol

Fabbs
02-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Not vs Boston today.

I think it will be same as last year. Glimpses of great play but overall way to worn out and fat to bring it night in and night out.

lefty
02-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Fuck Snaq

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Let him try. It's not gonna happen consistently over the next 30 games. Maybe it's better getting a lottery pick and somehow get lucky. I'm saying it now so watch the Hornets fold and end up getting a lottery pick at 13 :(

LockBeard
02-22-2009, 08:45 PM
The Suns were basically .500 while slowing it down and trying to play defense. They now are back to run'n'gun and have absolutely 0 defense.

They have a lot of talent I just don't see how it'll be any different, playoff-success wise. Especially with Amare out for the reg season and having to face one of the top 3 teams in the first round.

pauls931
02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Yup defense went out the door and Boston did what they had to do, get back on D, do that and you'll kill the run and gun suns. Also for the run and gun to work well consistently you need good runners, namely marion and occasionally stoudamire. Today I think Boston would have won even if Stoudamire was playing. The suns are a work in progress, but at least more fun to watch now. I hope Amare gets back ok, it's tought being out 2 months becaus he'll be out of practice and way out of game shape.

If the Suns haven't traded away their first pick next season, it would hurt my pride a bit, but not making the playoffs could be a good thing even though I think nash and shaq will do everything in their power to prevent that.

pawe
02-22-2009, 10:53 PM
The Suns dont need Shaq in the reg season. Run and gun will get them in the playoffs and that's when they will need shaq when the games slow down and you have to pound the rock inside.