PDA

View Full Version : First Game

peacemaker885
02-22-2009, 12:25 PM
I'll be going to my first ever NBA game when the Spurs play vs the Clippers next month. I don't want to bring up my expectations but I have some questions for you guys:

1. Is it at all possible to come in early enough to get some pics with the players? As in next to the players?

2. How about autographs? Can I come in like behind and get close enough to ask for it? Pre-game or after?

3. What is the best thing to bring to put in the autographs in assuming I get lucky? Ball? Team picture?

Sorry for the super noob questions but I just want to get the most ou of this experience. Thanks!

Spursfan092120
02-22-2009, 12:42 PM
I'll be going to my first ever NBA game when the Spurs play vs the Clippers next month. I don't want to bring up my expectations but I have some questions for you guys:

1. Is it at all possible to come in early enough to get some pics with the players? As in next to the players?

2. How about autographs? Can I come in like behind and get close enough to ask for it? Pre-game or after?

3. What is the best thing to bring to put in the autographs in assuming I get lucky? Ball? Team picture?

Sorry for the super noob questions but I just want to get the most ou of this experience. Thanks!

1. Doubtful you'll get pictures...I've even been a Super Fan on the court and didn't get pictures.

2. If you have lower level seats, and get there as soon as they open the place up (a few hours early) you can catch the guys going in and out of the locker room during shootaround.

3. A ball is good, pictures are good, jerseys are good. Also, buying a program is good.

Have a great time man...I've been to hundreds of games..you'll absolutely love it.

Spursfan092120
02-22-2009, 12:44 PM

The San Antonio population is a very high hispanic population. If you really want to get in good with the fans, and the security guards, call them the equivalent of "friend" in Spanish. The spanish term for that is puto....They'll love it.

Old School 44
02-22-2009, 12:56 PM
The San Antonio population is a very high hispanic population. If you really want to get in good with the fans, and the security guards, call them the equivalent of "friend" in Spanish. The spanish term for that is puto....They'll love it.

That's wrong!

Spursfan092120
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
That's wrong!

lol...we all know that...it was a joke.

Nathan Explosion
02-22-2009, 01:05 PM

Tell the guard you know their mother if you're desparate. Something like this.

"Hey puto, chinga tu madre." Then give them a smile and a thumbs up. That'll get you in for sure.

ginobilized
02-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Have a great time. It's always tough for me to decide where to focus. It's natural to keep your eyes on the ball, but, there are a lot of games within the game happening away from the ball. To me, it's nothing like watching on tv. Definitely get there an hour or so early. There are also some cool photo ops in the ATT center with the LOB Championship trophies and a life size Tim Duncan model. Watch out for the Spurs store too. Now, I need to go back....have fun!

Old School 44
02-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Photos, basketballs, jerseys are all great to have signed! Come early, during warmups, but you need to have access to the lower level and stand by the Spurs tunnel. The ushers/security won't let you down there unless you have a ticket for that area. To get a photo with a player is less likely, unless you can be on the floor near the tunnel entrance.

There are quite a few threads that provide a lot more advice, do a search on "autographs".

Spursfan092120
02-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Tell the guard you know their mother if you're desparate. Something like this.

"Hey puto, chinga tu madre." Then give them a smile and a thumbs up. That'll get you in for sure.

:lmao

Nathan Explosion
02-22-2009, 01:09 PM
The ushers/security won't let you down there unless you have a ticket for that area.

That's where our handy english to spanish translation guide comes in.

Old School 44
02-22-2009, 01:10 PM
:lmao