PDA

View Full Version : David West pisses me off

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 06:22 PM
He was terrible last night at Utah. I know Byron Scott was pissed about having to go at Utah one night after playing at LA for the 2nd time this season, but CP3 and Rasul Butler didn't show any effects. They were fantastic last night. However, David West shot 4-13 against a no talent ass-clown like Mehmet Okur. This guy doesn't play defense yet West was forcing up some Dirk like shots. Also, he lets Millsaps, a glorified "banger", outplay him. Milsaps has no skills whatsoever. He just plays freaking hard, that's it. We know Peja is irrelevant, but Posey was pathetic too, shooting 2-9 from the field. Let's not mention our interior defense. Pathetic as well. Stop making excuses assholes and start winning some games. We fans deserve better.

balli
02-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Milsaps has no skills whatsoever. He just plays freaking hard, that's it.
You're an idiot.

And Paul played like shit last night. Did you stick around to watch him get embarrassed by AK-47 on the last two NOH possessions? Sure he hit some shots in the third, the rest of the game Deron systematically took him apart.

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 06:37 PM
You're an idiot.

And Paul played like shit last night. Did you stick around to watch him get embarrassed by AK-47 on the last two NOH possessions? Sure he hit some shots in the third, the rest of the game Deron systematically took him apart.

Are you kidding me? Williams is a product of a well-coached system. Okur made his life a whole lot easier on those pick n rolls. Your team executes much better than we do, especially at home. Paul doesn't have that luxury. We didn't execute last night like we neededf. Maybe it was playing a hard fought game against a superior team the night before. Who knows.

Plus, Paul forced those two shots late in the game when the game was out of reach. He was frustrated at the end of the game. Its obvious you guys have some of the biggest floppers in the league like Harpring and Kirilenko.

You really think Williams is anywhere close to Paul. Williams is a product of a nicely run system while CP3 has to basically do everything for his team. Put CP3 in Sloan's system and his numbers would dwarf Williams. He's a better ball-handler, passer, better vision, quicker, better instincts, more steals. Its funny how CP3 averages more assists, points, steals, rebounds, shoots a higher FG% you dumbass piece of shit.

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Also, how come whenever we go to Utah, its always the 2nd game of a back-to-back after playing the Lakers the night before. We always go to Utah on the 2nd night of a back-to-back.

balli
02-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Are you kidding me? Williams is a product of a well-coached system. Okur made his life a whole lot easier on those pick n rolls. Your team executes much better than we do, especially at home. Paul doesn't have that luxury. We didn't execute last night like we neededf. Maybe it was playing a hard fought game against a superior team the night before. Who knows.

Plus, Paul forced those two shots late in the game when the game was out of reach. He was frustrated at the end of the game. Its obvious you guys have some of the biggest floppers in the league like Harpring and Kirilenko.

You really think Williams is anywhere close to Paul. Williams is a product of a nicely run system while CP3 has to basically do everything for his team. Put CP3 in Sloan's system and his numbers would dwarf Williams. He's a better ball-handler, passer, better vision, quicker, better instincts, more steals. Its funny how CP3 averages more assists, points, steals, rebounds, shoots a higher FG% you dumbass piece of shit.
You're clueless. I'd suggest you start watching the NBA before you try to talk about it.

Spur-Addict
02-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Williams is a product of a well-coached system.

:lmao

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 06:47 PM
You're clueless. I'd suggest you start watching the NBA before you try to talk about it.

That's the best you can do because you have nothing else to offer. Williams is good, but he's no CP3. Only advantage Williams has is his size and perimeter jumper. Everything else belongs to CP3.

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 06:48 PM

He's pretty much dead on. There's a reason Paul was in the MVP race last season and many people felt he got robbed. He has the worst starting wings in the NBA to work with, and his only "all star" is a selfish black hole who doesn't make the team better, he only fills up his stat sheet. And Tyson Chandler? The only reason people don't think he completely sucks is because of those nice lobs from Paul. Chris Paul IS the hornets.

dirk4mvp
02-22-2009, 06:51 PM
That's the best you can do because you have nothing else to offer. Williams is good, but he's no CP3. Only advantage Williams has is his size and perimeter jumper. Everything else belongs to CP3.

There's not really any use in arguing with a guy who also holds the thought that he'd rather have Millsap that Dirk Nowitzki.

balli
02-22-2009, 06:53 PM

Nope. I could get real specific. I could point out specific plays in last night's game (7:00 minute mark of the first). But I'm not going to because you done fucked up by calling Millsap by the wrong name and talentless. You done fucked up when you called Deron a product of the system. You done fucked up when you accused Matt fucking Harpring of being a flopper.

It's obvious you don't know shit and rather than argue with a guy who can't even get the players names right when he's trashing their games, I'd rather just belittle you for being a fool.

mavs>spurs2
02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
The only thing about Hornets post that I disagree with is that "Deron is a product of his system." I feel that both are great players, although Deron is in the better situation.

iggypop123
02-22-2009, 07:10 PM
williams owns paul. plain and simple

Girasuck
02-22-2009, 08:23 PM
However, David West shot 4-13 against a no talent ass-clown like Mehmet Okur. Also, he lets Millsaps, a glorified "banger", outplay him. Milsaps has no skills whatsoever. He just plays freaking hard, that's it.

Let me guess. You're one of those fans that makes judgments based on the 2-3 times you see another team play yours during a season. Are you Charlie Rosen?

That no talent ass-clown was an all-star, and is one of the best clutch shooters in the NBA. That glorified "banger" has 10 more double doubles that your all-star PF, and is doing it on an injured knee. If you watched any of the Jazz games during Millsap's 19 consecutive game double double streak, you would've seen his skill set, which is almost on par with Boozer's. Millsap is playing on one good leg right now because that lazy ass bitch Boozer isn't back yet.

I'm not going into another Deron vs CP3 debate because at this point it's childish. They're both great PG's. The only thing I'd say is Paul wouldn't come close to the numbers Deron is putting up in our system. Paul isn't smart enough to run a Sloan system. He's a street baller playing on a team that just turns him loose. Paul wouldn't thrive in a structured system.

Kai
02-22-2009, 08:27 PM
So why is it that CP3 never shows up against DWill?

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Let me guess. You're one of those fans that makes judgments based on the 2-3 times you see another team play yours during a season. Are you Charlie Rosen?

That no talent ass-clown was an all-star, and is one of the best clutch shooters in the NBA. That glorified "banger" has 10 more double doubles that your all-star PF, and is doing it on an injured knee. If you watched any of the Jazz games during Millsap's 19 consecutive game double double streak, you would've seen his skill set, which is almost on par with Boozer's. Millsap is playing on one good leg right now because that lazy ass bitch Boozer isn't back yet.

I'm not going into another Deron vs CP3 debate because at this point it's childish. They're both great PG's. The only thing I'd say is Paul wouldn't come close to the numbers Deron is putting up in our system. Paul isn't smart enough to run a Sloan system. He's a street baller playing on a team that just turns him loose. Paul wouldn't thrive in a structured system.

I'm not talking about Okur's offense. I'm saying West should have easily scored on him. Okur is way slower than West and there's no reason for him not to attack Okur. I was talking about Okur's defense.

Millsaps does get alot of double-doubles, but its on pure effort alone. He's barely 6'8, doesn't have any real go-to moves, and has only a outside shot in his arsenal. He just outworks everyone like he did in college. I watched him at Louisiana Tech dumbass. All you have to do is block him out and guard the line and he will be contained. He didn't do too much against Boston. We were just lazy as a team defensively last night.

Ok, saying Williams is much smarter than Paul and calling Paul a street point guard is stupid. Byron Scott likes to run the princeton offense and Paul had it memorized before training camp in his rookie season. Paul's IQ is off the charts and he has alot more skills compared to Williams. I just named it all earlier. Only advantage Williams has is perimeter shooting. Everything else belongs to CP3.

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Also, calling Paul a street PG is typical racism from Utah citizens, you racist bastard.

balli
02-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I watched him at Louisiana Tech dumbass.Is that why you still don't know what his name is?

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Is that why you still don't know what his name is?

Typo you piece of shit. Get a life Ghazi.

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 08:44 PM
You mormons claim millsap is so go good, yet say "Wait till we get Boozer back!" Seriously, if Millsap is so good, then why isn't the team winning with with him like you assholes did last season. Make your mind up douchebags.

Kai
02-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Typo you piece of shit. Get a life Ghazi.

:lmao

balli
02-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Also, he lets Millsaps, a glorified "banger"

Milsaps has no skills whatsoever.

Millsaps does get alot of double-doubles

The same typo the three times you've tried to type his name? Dubious.

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 08:49 PM
The same typo the three times you've tried to type his name? Dubious.

Good for you douchebag. Millsap is what he is. A backup PF filling in admirably for Boozer until he comes back. Maybe once Boozer comes back, you can get your 10th road win.

balli
02-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Whatever man, you're a know-nothing, I'm out, try not to embarrass yourself so badly in the future.

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Whatever man, you're a know-nothing, I'm out, try not to embarrass yourself so badly in the future.

Nice rebuttal. That's all you can say after getting owned. Enjoy Big Love tonight.

sribb43
02-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Why has D-West fallin in love with the Dirk's "one legged Euro jumper"?

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Why has D-West fallin in love with the Dirk's "one legged Euro jumper"?

Dude, did you see that crap he kept doing against the Lakers? Ridiculous. Down 98-95 in the 4th quarter and he does that one-legged shit. I'm glad CP3 never gave him the ball after that. Thank goodness for Butler and Posey helping us take the lead because West was worthless in that 4th quarter.

iggypop123
02-22-2009, 09:18 PM
only reason west went nuts against lakers that one night was he couldnt miss. it was still jumpers

Spur-Addict
02-22-2009, 09:23 PM
only reason west went nuts against lakers that one night was he couldnt miss. it was still jumpers

And? Get a damn hand up. Or, try getting underneath him and force him to put it down or give it up.

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 09:26 PM

He went nutz because he had Gasol guard him who is way too slow. Neither Bynum nor Gasol can stay with him. Odom however did a decent job Friday night. He's athletic and has long arms. West should try to go through him instead of shooting over him.

sribb43
02-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Dude, did you see that crap he kept doing against the Lakers? Ridiculous. Down 98-95 in the 4th quarter and he does that one-legged shit. I'm glad CP3 never gave him the ball after that. Thank goodness for Butler and Posey helping us take the lead because West was worthless in that 4th quarter.

ya JVG and Mark Jackson called him out on it

sook
02-22-2009, 09:28 PM

what he said

Kai
02-22-2009, 09:30 PM
David West lets his emotions get the best of him.

sook
02-22-2009, 09:32 PM
I agree with hornets78 though, West is a black hole most of the time

BRHornet45
02-23-2009, 12:08 AM

WTF are you talking about son? Paul out scored Williams last night and shot 60%. Williams is a GREAT point guard, but there is a reason that he has been in the NBA for 4 years now and STILL HASN'T even made the All Star team. I rank Williams as either the 3rd or 4th best PG in the NBA right now. If you put Chris Paul on the Jazz, they would have probably won the championship (or at least got to the finals) last season and would be title contenders yet again this season.

wireonfire
02-23-2009, 12:20 AM

Just like Dwight never shows up against Yao?

Ghazi
02-23-2009, 12:23 AM
WTF are you talking about son? Paul out scored Williams last night and shot 60%. Williams is a GREAT point guard, but there is a reason that he has been in the NBA for 4 years now and STILL HASN'T even made the All Star team. I rank Williams as either the 3rd or 4th best PG in the NBA right now. If you put Chris Paul on the Jazz, they would have probably won the championship (or at least got to the finals) last season and would be title contenders yet again this season.

Doubtful, Williams is 1A and Paul is 1B, and as for not making an All Star Game, David West making the ASG shows that making an ASG means jack shit.

D Will would've made it this year if he wasnt injured anyway, he'll make it multiple times, starting next year.

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 12:30 AM

He's outscored him easily both games this season, but his teammates don't execute near as well as the Jazz. There is no debate. There is a reason CP3 finished 2nd in the MVP voting and probably should have won. He has alot more skills overall than Williams. Williams only advantage is perimeter shooting, but CP3 does everything else better. That's a fact.

Ghazi
02-23-2009, 12:31 AM
D Will 10 CP3 2

BALL DONT LIE!

Ghazi
02-23-2009, 12:31 AM
D Will also has another advantage: he isn't a soft, whining, flopping bag of vagina.

RedsLakers24
02-23-2009, 01:51 AM
i would take Williams over Paul, simply because of his size, and his shooting, he also gets assist, and could also guard bigger players

iggypop123
02-23-2009, 03:00 AM
He went nutz because he had Gasol guard him who is way too slow. Neither Bynum nor Gasol can stay with him. Odom however did a decent job Friday night. He's athletic and has long arms. West should try to go through him instead of shooting over him.

that probably explains why west exploded against us. odom was gone in the second half of that game injured.

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 12:19 PM
that probably explains why west exploded against us. odom was gone in the second half of that game injured.

Big reason. Odom is athletic, has long arms. West tries to shoot over him but it never works He just needs to stay out of the way on offense and just set screens and wait for an open jumper.

IronMexican
02-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Williams has a higher ceiling, but Paul is still the better player. I'd still take Paul.

Girasuck
02-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Also, calling Paul a street PG is typical racism from Utah citizens, you racist bastard.

And you're a dumb ass for believing that. God, what a fucking tool you are.

Ghazi
02-23-2009, 12:29 PM
lol at someone from fucking Louisiana calling someone racist

monosylab1k
02-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Nice rebuttal. That's all you can say after getting owned. Enjoy Big Love tonight.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 12:44 PM
And you're a dumb ass for believing that. God, what a fucking tool you are.

I just wanted to piss you off, and I did :toast

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 12:51 PM
lol at someone from fucking Louisiana calling someone racist

You've ever driven up East Texas on highway 69? Scary thought if you're not caucasian. You act like Texas is any better :lol

DarkReign
02-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Wait....Okur is "talentless"?

When did this happen?

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Wait....Okur is "talentless"?

When did this happen?

Defensively he isn't great. That was my point.

lefty
02-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Jazz and Hornets have nothing to do in the Western Conference anyway

turiaf for president
02-23-2009, 01:50 PM
i love both of them but d william is bigger and stronger. he will have a longer career IMO. his superior outside shot and sick crossover has him over CP3 in my book. i saw some people talking about systems.......if anyones benefited its CP3. The hornets run alot of pick and roll and have an athletic 5 in chandler who can catch those lobs. Paul is free to do what he wants on the court in byron scotts system.

CP3 is a more creative guy, Williams is a more all around guy. I for one think CP3 is the sexy pick because hes puts up sick numbers night in and night out, but i think williams gives your team a better chance to win with it matters.

The Franchise
02-23-2009, 02:08 PM
David west has gotten really selfish lately.

balli
02-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Plus, in the same vein as the system discussion, it's fairly well documented that cp3's assist numbers are inflated by the NOH scorekeepers. I believe he has one of the widest differentials in the league in terms of assists at home vs. away.

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Plus, in the same vein as the system discussion, it's fairly well documented that cp3's assist numbers are inflated by the NOH scorekeepers. I believe he has one of the widest differentials in the league in terms of assists at home vs. away.

Including 16 in LA Friday Night. :jack

balli
02-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Motherfucker, I wasn't talking to you. You don't even know the names of the players you fail at critiquing.

If anybody else who actually knows a thing or two about the NBA wants to comment, go ahead, I'd love to have the discussion.

Pelicans78
02-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Motherfucker, I wasn't talking to you. You don't even know the names of the players you fail at critiquing.

Lets see:

2008 - 11.3 (home), 10.2 (away)
2007 - 11.9 (home), 11.2 (away)

Deron Williams

2008 - 11.4 (home), 9.0 (away)
2007 - 11.2 (home) 9.8 (away)
Career - 9.1 (home), 7.8 (away)

:lol