PDA

View Full Version : Who thought the Blazers would be this good this fast?

tlongII
02-22-2009, 08:29 PM
35-20 with the 2nd best home record in the West. They are getting downright SCARY now!

Pelicans78
02-22-2009, 08:40 PM
The talent is there. Especially Roy. But add Oden and Rudy this season makes a big difference. Anyone watching Roy's final game at UW versus UConn in the sweet 16 knew this guy was a clear NBA talent. He was way way better than Rudy Gay in that game.

ducks
02-22-2009, 08:43 PM
scary if they trade the scrub oden for picks or someone that could play

or blake is underrated

mogrovejo
02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
I did.

Wake me up when they start defending.

sonic21
02-22-2009, 08:55 PM
they still have a soft frontcourt

Lars
02-22-2009, 09:11 PM
35-20 with the 2nd best home record in the West. They are getting downright SCARY now!

Downright scary as in everyone wants them as thier 1st round matchup?

Kai
02-22-2009, 09:14 PM

:lmao

iggypop123
02-22-2009, 09:15 PM
they still have big weakness at pg and sf. they have depth but average people occupying those spots. their youth serves as a positive with energy but a negative for playoff time

Ditty
02-22-2009, 09:16 PM
who have they played tough?

they still got to play the spurs 2 times

there a scrub team spurs will beat them in 5 games

dws009
02-22-2009, 09:17 PM
I think the talent has been there for awhile. All that's new is that they are finally doing something with that talent. If only Mr. Glass (aka Greg Oden) could stay healthy.........

Another important thing is that they got rid of all the troublemakers. For awhile there, thay had become the Dallas Cowboys/LA Raiders of the NBA.

scanry
02-22-2009, 10:20 PM
they still have a soft frontcourt

no they don't...

They still have a soft team period...

Ghazi
02-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Not buying what the Blazers are selling. No defense, too soft, been beating scrub teams @ home lately.l

Ghazi
02-22-2009, 10:23 PM
But obviously their future is bright.

tlongII
02-22-2009, 10:24 PM
The only problem we have is a lack of respect from the refs. They don't give us all the calls like veteran teams such as the Lakers and Spurs get.

ducks
02-22-2009, 10:29 PM
The only problem we have is a lack of respect from the refs. They don't give us all the calls like veteran teams such as the Lakers and Spurs get.

if duncan got the calls that james,wade and kobe gets
they would have 6 more w's

mogrovejo
02-22-2009, 10:36 PM

Humm.. what about defence - especially on-the-ball screen/rolls that you're forced to switch, lack of inside scoring and struggling to play uptempo?

Roxsfan
02-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Portland sux:lol:toast

The Franchise
02-22-2009, 10:53 PM

We'll see how scary those motherfuckers are Tuesday. :ihit

JamStone
02-22-2009, 11:08 PM
You thought they were going to win the championship last year.

So I guess I'd say other delusional Blazer fans such as yourself.

turiaf for president
02-22-2009, 11:13 PM
LOL tlong never gives up. blazers are a nice young team but nowhere near a contender. they dont have any interior defense with oden not even scratching the surface of what people expected him to be in portland. sorry but they being a 5-8 seed was something we expected. they are 3 losses away from being out of the playoff picture right now......

Indazone
02-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Ttlong again with the Blazers overrating.

turiaf for president
02-22-2009, 11:42 PM
i love the fact that you leave off the "17-15" conference record "5-4" division record and "12-15" on the road. they arent going to get HC in the playoffs so how are they gonna win a game 7 on the road? im sure the bulk of those conference wins were against the clippers, wolves, thunder, etc. so how are they gonna win in the playoffs when they play superior teams if they cant have a above .500 record against teams like the lakers spurs jazz hornets nuggets etc.?

tlongII
02-22-2009, 11:49 PM
i love the fact that you leave off the "17-15" conference record "5-4" division record and "12-15" on the road. they arent going to get HC in the playoffs so how are they gonna win a game 7 on the road? im sure the bulk of those conference wins were against the clippers, wolves, thunder, etc. so how are they gonna win in the playoffs when they play superior teams if they cant have a above .500 record against teams like the lakers spurs jazz hornets nuggets etc.?

Yes, I would be worried too if I were a Laker fan. You can see that we're improving by the week. We're the only team in the league that has as much size as you. And we're younger than you. How awful would it be for you if we took you out? And shattered your dream? With our youth you would never have another chance. :lol

ElNono
02-22-2009, 11:53 PM
First round fodder... Second round at best...

cobbler
02-23-2009, 12:40 AM
I actually thought they would be better... so I can honestly answer... not me.

1st round exit material.

YellowFever
02-23-2009, 01:28 AM
I really thought that going into this season they would be going neck and neck with SA but obviously I was mistaken.

They would be wise to trade some of those young horses for some experience or they are going to languish for 3 or 4 years pretty much the way the Lakers did between 95 - 99.

IronMexican
02-23-2009, 01:40 AM
How long before they bust Oden for doing what those Dominican kid's and Yi Jianlian did?

MI21
02-23-2009, 02:05 AM
Are you actually serious in your thoughts tlong?

I can't tell if you are the worlds best troll, or the worlds biggest idiot.

MI21
02-23-2009, 02:06 AM

Chieflion
02-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Expected since last season. Too bad, Brandon Roy and Aldridge want to be paid.

MambaJuice2408
02-23-2009, 02:58 AM
I too thought they'd be better...

Before the season, as a best case scenario, I though they would storm the league like New Orleans did out of nowhere last year.

Their talent is undisputable. But if Oden remains injury prone and doesn't develop into what everyone hoped they will ALWAYS be a middle of the pack team fighting for the playoffs

Purple & Gold
02-23-2009, 03:14 AM
Still 2 years away

J Zone
02-23-2009, 03:24 AM
lol blazers fan

i'm sure the spurs and lakers shakin' in their boots right now

turiaf for president
02-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Yes, I would be worried too if I were a Laker fan. You can see that we're improving by the week. We're the only team in the league that has as much size as you. And we're younger than you. How awful would it be for you if we took you out? And shattered your dream? With our youth you would never have another chance. :lol

ure in lala land. and with our youth? you do realize that our core is in our prime and our biggest guy is 21 years old right? and laker fans worried? yea we're worried, we're only 2-0 against you this year............ dream on dood

turiaf for president
02-23-2009, 03:33 AM
gluck getting by the spurs, mavs, or nuggets in the 1st round.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-23-2009, 04:11 AM

This.

Ghazi
02-23-2009, 04:43 AM
If Blazers solidify 4th seed they definitely can win a playoff series since they're strong at home. They have more talent than the Hornets who are a bunch of bullshit old jumpshooters, Mavs who have like 4.5 good basketball players, and the Rockets who just flat out fucking suck. Only thing that would hold them back is defense and inexperience.

MambaJuice2408
02-23-2009, 05:25 AM
If Blazers solidify 4th seed they definitely can win a playoff series since they're strong at home. They have more talent than the Hornets who are a bunch of bullshit old jumpshooters, Mavs who have like 4.5 good basketball players, and the Rockets who just flat out fucking suck. Only thing that would hold them back is defense and inexperience.

out of curiousity who's Dallas' half good player?

Ghazi
02-23-2009, 05:33 AM
KiddirkJET are 3 good players, Bass/Barea/Wright/Howard/Dampier are worth about 1.5 good basketball players, 2.5 at best :)

The Franchise
02-23-2009, 07:00 AM

Until your team is relevant again keep my team out of your fucking mouth. Stop being angry over the ass whipping we just gave you. For the record if the Rockets get Portland in the first round I guarantee we will advance to the second. Look for us to make an example of those bitches Tuesday.

Rogue
02-23-2009, 07:07 AM
I have been considering Blazers as the league's most potential team since Roy got the fluky No.1 pick in 07, that pick didn't bring them a decente player though.

Lakers surely should start to keep an eye on that young team and the old spurs, because Blazers will definitely become a big threat to lakers when Lakers get older, lakers can learn from spurs' experiences about how to deal in such a situation.

Ghazi
02-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Until your team is relevant again keep my team out of your fucking mouth. Stop being angry over the ass whipping we just gave you. For the record if the Rockets get Portland in the first round I guarantee we will advance to the second. Look for us to make an example of those bitches Tuesday.

Until YOUR team is relevant again keep MY team out of YOUR fucking mouth. Stop being angry over the ass whipping we gave you in game 7 of the 2005 playoffs (it's been 4 years, get the fuck over it!). For the record if the Rockets get Portland in the first round I guarantee they will lose. Yao/Artest will never carry a team to a playoff series victory.

Rogue
02-23-2009, 07:16 AM
rockets do have a chance to make their debut in the second round in this decade, as tmac is already out for the season. I mean, a lottery may make you a millionaire tomorrow.

manufor3
02-23-2009, 07:59 AM

i think it may be both

m33p0
02-23-2009, 08:03 AM
how's the old man's knee holding up?

MI21
02-23-2009, 08:13 AM
i think it may be both

For years I have posted on this site and I still can't decide whether he says the things he does because he means them, or because he just trying to rile everyone up.

pauls931
02-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Frankly, I'm disspointed, I figured with this lineup they would have won a title already deeming the 2nd half of the season and postseason unecessary.

The Franchise
02-23-2009, 09:56 AM
rockets do have a chance to make their debut in the second round in this decade, as tmac is already out for the season. I mean, a lottery may make you a millionaire tomorrow.

Even you know we have a better chance of advancing than your Mavs. Tuesday we will show you what Portland truly is.

Indazone
02-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Still 2 years away

2 years from now we will still be saying they are 2 years away just like we did 2 years ago.

21_Blessings
02-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Except no one out West is scared of the Blazers. Perennial 1st round exit team. Will quickly become irrelevant once OKC matures.

turiaf for president
02-23-2009, 01:43 PM
in 2 years OKC > blazers IMO. durant will be in talked about as a top 5 talent. they are a big away from making some serious noise. chandler would have been sick with them

tlongII
02-23-2009, 01:48 PM
The Lakers and their fans are deathly afraid of the Blazers. We have the ability to RUIN them and they know it. Scary stuff...

turiaf for president
02-23-2009, 01:52 PM
The Lakers and their fans are deathly afraid of the Blazers. We have the ability to RUIN them and they know. Scary stuff...
they've had that ability for a while but they have yet to prove it. you keep saying next game we're gonna win.....next year we're gonna win the ring......

i feel sorry for blazer fans. they've had nice squads but have always been owned by the lakers and spurs. they are like the lil brother that keeps trying and trying but come up short against his older brother.

Ghazi
02-23-2009, 01:58 PM
The Lakers and their fans are deathly afraid of the Blazers. We have the ability to RUIN them and they know. Scary stuff...

The fuck are you talking about anyway? I don't see any matchup problems the Blazers would pose for the Lakers. Aren't the Lakers 2-0 against the Blazers this year? Yeah... not seein any matchup problems. The only thing the Blazers have going for them is the Lakers have struggled at the Rose in the last few years, but that's irrelevnat.

Xylus
02-23-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure why so many people count the Blazers out. They're certainly not the favorites to win the West, but they're currently matched up against Houston if the playoffs started today. I'd put money on Portland over Houston.

4th best record in the West, 2nd best point differential in the West. Color me impressed. These guys are hungry right now, and they'll make some noise in the playoffs.

The Franchise
02-23-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure why so many people count the Blazers out. They're certainly not the favorites to win the West, but they're currently matched up against Houston if the playoffs started today. I'd put money on Portland over Houston.

4th best record in the West, 2nd best point differential in the West. Color me impressed. These guys are hungry right now, and they'll make some noise in the playoffs.

You may rethink that Tuesday evening after we shit all over them.

Xylus
02-23-2009, 02:29 PM

I doubt it. I don't think Houston's going to do anything in the postseason, though.

Lars
02-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Rockets have been completely decimated by injuries, yet still have the 5th best seed in the west. Now that the McGrady fiasco is over, expect this team to dominate down the stretch.

MambaJuice2408
02-23-2009, 10:04 PM
KiddirkJET are 3 good players, Bass/Barea/Wright/Howard/Dampier are worth about 1.5 good basketball players, 2.5 at best :)

So those 5 scrubs are worth 1 and half good players? Is that what your saying? Whats Devin George worth...a tenth (1/10) of a player lol

iggypop123
02-23-2009, 10:31 PM
blazers are a nice team that plays hard every night with their athleticism and nate coaching them. in the playoffs just playing hard wont cut it. their youth will show. something troublesome is their home court advantage. the louder the crowd. the worse the referees are on road teams. see- Jazz

Roxsfan
02-24-2009, 11:22 PM

They're sooooooooooooooooooo FUCKING scary

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IRtcOuRJmp8/SIc-iNFkjhI/AAAAAAAABX0/93mGyCZ7DEM/s400/OMG%2BSo%2BScared%2BChinese-1.jpg

will you stfu already?

Roxsfan
02-24-2009, 11:24 PM

Yes, they got shat on all right:lmao

turiaf for president
02-24-2009, 11:28 PM
tlong deserves a temp. ban!!

sook
02-24-2009, 11:29 PM
i pissed my pants during the game. They are that good

tomtom
02-25-2009, 12:24 AM
I've actually been a bit unimpressed, I thought Rudy would be a much larger factor and Aldridge would be average a bit more but I still think got a decent chance in the PO's. I expect them to make some moves in the offseason though. Still too early to call Oden a bust but it definitely hurts watching Durant turn into the next LBJ...

Tmac&Luther
02-25-2009, 12:31 AM
I've actually been a bit unimpressed, I thought Rudy would be a much larger factor and Aldridge would be average a bit more but I still think got a decent chance in the PO's. I expect them to make some moves in the offseason though. Still too early to call Oden a bust but it definitely hurts watching Durant turn into the next LBJ...

Roy next to Durant would be flat out unstoppable......seriously....UNSTOPPABLE. I still don't know why the fuck they drafted Oden over Durant. (I said at the time of the draft it was a HUGE mistake) He never really showed a all around game at Ohio State (where he was also injured) and Portland all ready had plenty of frontcourt help in Aldridge and Przybilla. With Durant, Roy, and Aldridge (and the other quality players they have) they would have the West shaking right now.

IronMexican
02-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Yup, Durant had a great game today. 32 points, on 11-20 shooting.

Indazone
02-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Rockets have been completely decimated by injuries, yet still have the 5th best seed in the west. Now that the McGrady fiasco is over, expect this team to dominate down the stretch.

You mean 4th seed. 5th seed belongs to the Portland Trailblazers on their elevator ride back down.

Pelicans78
02-25-2009, 01:41 AM
You mean 4th seed. 5th seed belongs to the Portland Trailblazers on their elevator ride back down.

Soon Portland should be 6th when the hornets pass them, assuming the Hornets want to.

SpursDynasty
02-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Brandon Roy will fail to score 15 points tonight.

Ghazi
02-25-2009, 02:05 PM

"yet"? 5th in the WEst isn't saying much. Same with 4th. especially this year.

Decimated? No more so than Los Angeles, San Antonio, and Utah. Denver dealt with no Melo for a few weeks too. I'd include the Hornets, but outside of Paul missing 4 games, no1 of relevance has been injured.

djohn2oo8
02-25-2009, 02:17 PM
"yet"? 5th in the WEst isn't saying much. Same with 4th. especially this year.

Decimated? No more so than Los Angeles, San Antonio, and Utah. Denver dealt with no Melo for a few weeks too. I'd include the Hornets, but outside of Paul missing 4 games, no1 of relevance has been injured.

Then what the fuck does eighth place say???

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

Ghazi
02-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Then what the fuck does eighth place say???

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

Who cares?

djohn2oo8
02-25-2009, 02:28 PM
I hope the Mavs do, or won't make playoffs

Ghazi
02-25-2009, 02:33 PM
It doesn't matter, Mavs are 1st round fodder anyway. The Rockets are no different.

But to suggest the Rockets have overcome a great deal of adversity and injuries, and thus it's amazing that they're in 4th, kinda untrue. 36-21, nothing spectacular, and their schedule is about to toughen up, starting tomorrow night.

djohn2oo8
02-25-2009, 02:51 PM
It doesn't matter, Mavs are 1st round fodder anyway. The Rockets are no different.

But to suggest the Rockets have overcome a great deal of adversity and injuries, and thus it's amazing that they're in 4th, kinda untrue. 36-21, nothing spectacular, and their schedule is about to toughen up, starting tomorrow night.

Sucks being a Dallas fan, doesnt it?

Rockets are at least entertaining, unlike the Mavs.....Cuban should have made the deal for baron/kaman because kaman is coming back this week, while baron is chuckin it because he is playin for a 13-41 team, and would have been motivated to play for dallas. Oh well.........I guess cuban could buy one of these :lobt:

Ghazi
02-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Sucks being a Dallas fan, doesnt it?

Rockets are at least entertaining, unlike the Mavs.....Cuban should have made the deal for baron/kaman because kaman is coming back this week, while baron is chuckin it because he is playin for a 13-41 team, and would have been motivated to play for dallas. Oh well.........I guess cuban could buy one of these :lobt:

:rolleyes you are indeed clueless about basketball.

You don't know how good Baron Davis and Chris Kaman are, you don't watch Clippers games, and even if you did, Kaman hasn't played in months. "should've? SHOULD'VE taken on fat contracts for injury prone players even though it would not make them contenders?

You also suggested the Mavs would be fighting with the Lakers for the #1 seed if they kept Devin.

Again, clueless about basketball.

As for the Rockets being entertaining, not really.

djohn2oo8
02-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Once again, you have not denied anything that I have said, I guess its because you know its true.....A 2 yr old could run that franchise better than cuban

gaKNOW!blee
02-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Is someone really trying to say the Rockets are entertaining to watch? They're fuckin buttcheese. Their two most exciting players are injured and in Orlando.

I know the Spurs arent very fun to watch but fuck, atleast they win titles and shit. It actually hurts to watch Yao's dopic ass and Aaron Brooks looking like a fuckin 10 yr old out there.

djohn2oo8
02-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Is someone really trying to say the Rockets are entertaining to watch? They're fuckin buttcheese. Their two most exciting players are injured and in Orlando.

I know the Spurs arent very fun to watch but fuck, atleast they win titles and shit. It actually hurts to watch Yao's dopic ass and Aaron Brooks looking like a fuckin 10 yr old out there.

You are about as dumb as ghazi. Rafer Alston exciting??? I want some of what you've been smokin.....

The Franchise
02-25-2009, 03:13 PM
You are about as dumb as ghazi. Rafer Alston exciting??? I want some of what you've been smokin.....

No you don't. That shit could kill you.

djohn2oo8
02-25-2009, 03:20 PM
No you don't. That shit could kill you.
:lol

Kai
02-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Spurs win by 10+ tonight.

sook
02-25-2009, 04:58 PM

Ever since they inserted Aaron Brooks into the lineup they play up tempo basketball, it is a A LOT of fun to watch now. Its wasn't before so i see where you are coming from

ElNono
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
http://img.search.com/thumb/e/ee/Pretenders_album.jpg/300px-Pretenders_album.jpg

Yorae
02-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Waiting for Epic Fail sighting......