PDA

View Full Version : Spurs real biggest health issue = "Popitits"

Rummpd
03-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Dear Pop:

I am one of your greatest admirers but please today step back and think what this team needs right now to try to lock up one seed, i.e., two wins on this back to back, and send a statement to the Suns and league.

However, I am greatly concerned. At a time when big men are apparently dropping (and/or potentially healing depending on the source) like flies in Spursdom; you seem to be developing a full blown case of "Popitis".

You probably cannot help yourself, but I am perceiving through your media statements the last couple of days s/p Tims injury a raging case of your previously demonstrated (at times) stubborness/conservatism "in light of the obvious."

Foremost in this perception, is your seemingly keeping the most obvious solution to the rest of the Spurs health, i.e., taking a risk on Nazr, at bay.

Re Nazr, as a doc I know that groin injuries are lingering, but he has probably as much chance of re injuring that slightly in a week as now and there is seemngly no apparent sense of urgency on you to take a chance and give him a chance to make a major contribution. Why? It is almost like we are conceeding this week?????

Why not take the risk? Every minute this guy has played, groin injury or not, he has showed that he at least can play decent in the middle. It is one mans opinion to the risk Pop, if he gets injured, say late Suns game, at least he will ride the pine when both TD and Rasho are back!

Meanwhile, a secondary potential stop gap solution, Marks sits on IR. If you are not going to play Nazr, huh. For awhile Marks seemed to be your "main man", now he is banished to the netherworld of IR when bigs are needed?

With all that, I woudn't be so worried if I truly felt that you might let the creative talents of Manu, Parker, Barry, Beno et. al. out of the bag and accept some major risk on the offensive end x 2-3 games.

However, I worry that barring this still hoped for a miraculous return of the bigs, we are going to watch an unmotivated Spurs team slog through four down with Horry and Tony Massenbury et. al.; while first a Slovenian Net then Amare totally goes off on the defensive end.

Take some risk Pop, life is too short without it. Who knows?, you might feel better too and it cannot hurt the Spurs chances this week.

Sincerely,

MadDoc

Solid D
03-08-2005, 11:20 AM
MadDoc, I'm a little embarassed but nobody else said anything so I will. You probably want to remove the last "t" on your thread Title.

I don't think you want to mis-diagnose Pop with Popatits when you really think he has Popitis. I'll edit when changed. :)

Rummpd
03-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Mr. "D":

Nice catch! Kinds of remind me when my former boss sent out a letter to a governor awhile back explaining in great depth what was: "pubic health". It was early in the morning before my coffee and my dyslexia kicked in bigtime!

(Fixed the title, thanks again!)

Que Gee
03-08-2005, 02:01 PM
I like MD...I like it a looot.

xcoriate
03-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Ah so you can write in cohesive english featuring sentance structures...

please stick to it.

mookie2001
03-08-2005, 05:54 PM
i thought i had mono once for an entire year, turns out i was just really bored

grjr
03-08-2005, 06:37 PM
i thought i had mono once for an entire year, turns out i was just really bored

Do you also have an extensive collection of nametags and hairnets?

By the way, Nazr injured himself about a minute into his last game and still played another 5 minutes. I rewatched the tape to see if he was limping or struggling and couldn't see anything obvious. So it must not have been too bad. PJ asked him if he was alright during a timeout and it looked like he said he was.

Hopefully we'll get to see more of him soon.

Rummpd
03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
I am convinced that Pop is holding Nazr back for some reason that goes beyond the groin.