PDA

View Full Version : Are We in the Running....

NewJerSpur
02-22-2009, 10:29 PM
For Mikki Moore? The Kings released him last week and I know we could use some athletic size. Any word from the front lines on potentially scooping him up?

CIA Pop
02-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Yes, you're absolutely right. I'm going to come out here on a message board and tell you our most secret plans.

NewJerSpur
02-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Sounds like someone's a weeeee bit sarcastic for this to be their 1st post, unless you've just recently changed your name or something. Also, what am I right about, the question I asked?

CIA Pop
02-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Trust me, if you think that was sarcastic, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

I need to go finish a bottle of merlot. If you can't figure out what I said, that's not my problem.

ducks
02-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Trust me, if you think that was sarcastic, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

I need to go finish a bottle of merlot. If you can't figure out what I said, that's not my problem.

hi
mb

NewJerSpur
02-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Trust me, I'm shaking in my house slippers this very minute.

I'll let you figure out where your sarcasm went awry my friend.

Now, back to the topic at hand: Anyone heard anything with regard to Moore on the waiver wire?

NewJerSpur
02-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Not a shot in Hell, he's going to Boston or La. But Id love to have him back in the fold we should have never cut him.

That would really suck. For them he'd just be gravy once their main guys heal up (i.e. a garbage man). He would actually help us significantly, especially in the area of rebounding and shot blocking/altering so Tim could get a rest. Hope he factors those things into his decision. Still wondering if there's anything potentially looming in our favor.

Spursfan092120
02-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Pops Mensah Bonsu

duncan228
02-22-2009, 11:04 PM
No roster freeze: The trade deadline has come and gone, but that doesn't mean teams are devoid of ways to improve their teams. There's a chance a veteran or two will be bought out by his team over the coming weeks and be looking for a new home.

Popovich said Saturday the Spurs had not ruled out making some sort of move.

“We're always looking for that kind of thing, sure,” Popovich said. “We're like everybody, looking at the wires, seeing who's available and (seeing) if you think that can make your team better.”

Sacramento center Mikki Moore appears to be the most likely candidate to go free-agent shopping. It's worth noting Robert Horry is still hanging out in Houston, not officially retired.

With 14 players under contract, the Spurs have an open roster slot if they feel compelled to make a move.

NewJerSpur
02-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Well, it's good to know Pop is open-minded with regard to making additions at this stage in the season and it helps that the Spurs are a championship calibur team....can we win one with the team as is, I'm not certain, especially with the Lakers' depth, size, and possible HCA. Still a chance, but I'd feel that much more comfortable adding rebounding and shot-blocking/altering to the final roster.

Good find duncan228, KEEP'EM COMING!!! Oh, and COME HOME MIKKI!!!

m33p0
02-23-2009, 01:44 AM
he's a check player.... he plays for money not championships.

NewJerSpur
02-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Even if you take that point of view (playing devil's advocate), I'd think that if he came to a championship contender and got the chance to play on a major platform with free agency right around the corner he would want to perform at a high level to be able to cash out during the offseason. I'll take his height and athleticism (and his pretty nice jumper) at this point and see how far it could take us in the playoffs with not many options out there to draw from.

holcs50
02-23-2009, 05:10 AM
im so tired like all yall that we cant ever get just a decent big guy. Its like its just not in the cards. Cant a 10 and 10 guy with good D just fall from the sky. Mikki would be fine, i mean couldn't hurt, but probably wouldn't be a game changer. I wouldnt mind seeing pops getting a shot cuz he is super athletic and young. I mean seriously anything is better than the D of our current off big guy position.

urunobili
02-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Pops>Moore

Evil Angel
02-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Hopefully something announced this week. Whoever pop is looking at they need to get some time on the floor.

Bender
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
does Pops belong to the spurs, or can other teams take him?

CubanMustGo
02-23-2009, 12:02 PM
does Pops belong to the spurs, or can other teams take him?

Anyone can sign him.

BigVee
02-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Don't see how Moore helps this team. Spurs can handle most without him and the teams the Spurs need help with would push him all over the floor.

SenorSpur
02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Looks like the Celtics have fired the first salvo.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57486/20090223/celtics_have_made_moore_an_offer/

The Celtics are looking to add veteran big man Mikki Moore, who the Kings released last week, and agent Mark Bartelstein says the defending champs have made an offer.

"A lot of teams are very excited about him, so it's a tough decision for Mikki," said Bartelstein.

Moore is expected to make his decision Monday after clearing waivers and becoming an unrestricted free agent.

mogrovejo
02-23-2009, 03:44 PM
He's signing with the C's.

Duncan2177
02-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Looks like Boston got Moore

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2009_02_23_Mikki_Moore_expected_to_join_Celts/srvc=home&position=also