PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio boy Dustin Lance Black wins an Oscar

Supergirl
02-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Won for his original screenplay Milk.

"If Harvey had not been taken from us 30 years ago, I think he would want me to say to all the gay and lesbian kids out there tonight who have been told they are less than by the churches, by the government, by their families, that you are beautiful, wonderful creatures of value, and that no matter what anyone tells you, God does love you and that very soon, I promise you, you will have equal rights, federally, across this great nation of ours," Black said."

Out of curiousity, how big is the Mormon community in San Antonio? Anyone know? Because one of my closest friends in high school was Mormon, and I'm wondering if she knew him. I didn't get the feeling it was that big a community.

Oh, Gee!!
02-23-2009, 01:17 AM
he must live by Olmos Park

Buddy Holly
02-23-2009, 01:55 AM

"If Harvey had not been taken from us 30 years ago, I think he would want me to say to all the gay and lesbian kids out there tonight who have been told they are less than by the churches, by the government, by their families, that you are beautiful, wonderful creatures of value, and that no matter what anyone tells you, God does love you and that very soon, I promise you, you will have equal rights, federally, across this great nation of ours," Black said."

Out of curiousity, how big is the Mormon community in San Antonio? Anyone know? Because one of my closest friends in high school was Mormon, and I'm wondering if she knew him. I didn't get the feeling it was that big a community.

There's a moron temple in Stone Oak. In 2001 the number was 12,000 in the SA area. If I had to guess, it's probably between 15,000 and 20,000 now.

implacable44
02-23-2009, 10:29 AM

That figure is probably accurate if you are referring to active members. There are well more than 20,000 baptized members in San Antonio. This kid went to my ward when I was young and in the Randolph Ward. Don't remember much about him... We attended church at the building in Windcrest. -- He was only in San Antonio for a short while -- like 2 years while his dad stationed there... and if memory serves it was in junior high times....

Bender
02-23-2009, 09:55 PM
There's a moron temple in Stone Oak...

:lol