PDA

View Full Version : How Much Do You Miss the AWESOME timvp game thoughts?

Manufan909
02-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Since the Nets game, there have been no new game thoughts posted, and I would like to say that I can't go cold turkey much longer.:depressed
I guess we've all become so accustomed to timvps' awesome game thoughts that we became spoiled, and this is his way of showing us how much they truly mean.

I'm not trying to call timvp out, but he rarely checks his PMs, so this is the best way I could get his attention. Hopefully this thread stays on the 1st page a couple of days, so timvp sees how important his summaries really are.

And to timvp; I'm not trying to diss you!!! I just love reading your insights, since you(kori and ruff are up there too, maybe even senor:toast) are the most level-headed Spurs fan, so I like finding out what you thought of the game. I know you're porbably busy with all the new features and whatnot of ST, but i need dem game thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flag::flag::flag:

Hope I get this right, or I'll look like a fool. If there isn't a poll, oh well. I know everyone misses the gts to some degree. Even Spork Killer.:rollin

MI21
02-23-2009, 01:27 AM
I prefer Rogue's game thoughts.

slayermin
02-23-2009, 01:27 AM
It's gotta be a lot of work to post one after every game. Everyone needs a break now and then.

sabar
02-23-2009, 01:30 AM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_VgHVRMwGDck/R9R9MFqRX7I/AAAAAAAABhQ/wcje2zT_V6M/s320/popovich_gregg030428.jpg

Manufan909
02-23-2009, 01:30 AM
It's gotta be a lot of work to post one after every game. Everyone needs a break now and then.

True, I just miss them. I'll read them and post even if I watched the whole game. I guess that's mostly because I'm not a bball scholar like some here, so I don't catch all the little mistakes players make.

And rogue's gts are just for laughs, not as much substance, imo.

Yorae
02-23-2009, 01:31 AM
I would like to see Sequ do it....or SporKiller!!!!

IronMexican
02-23-2009, 01:37 AM
I'd rather have SD. I would actually read those.

MI21
02-23-2009, 01:41 AM
True, I just miss them. I'll read them and post even if I watched the whole game. I guess that's mostly because I'm not a bball scholar like some here, so I don't catch all the little mistakes players make.

And rogue's gts are just for laughs, not as much substance, imo.

Yeah, I was just joking :)

Being an overseas Spurs fan who doesn't get to see most games untill a few days after they actually happen, timvp's game thoughts are absolutely fantastic.

m33p0
02-23-2009, 01:42 AM
dude, the man has a wife to satisfy. get off his nuts.

whottt
02-23-2009, 01:44 AM
I remember I talked a bunch of crap to timvp about the speed with which he gets out his game thoughts last year...somehow I wound up doing an installment of them after one game. Point proved :tu It was a pain in the butt.

It's not as easy as he makes it look....and it is time consuming.

Still...no one ever said becoming famous and an in-demand celebrity was going to be easy.

mudyez
02-23-2009, 01:59 AM
I miss them too

dont have the time (and sometimes I just lack a good stream) to watch the games and its always fun to read the gamethoughts to be informed how the players do...that way I always feel up to date and the thoughts are way better than some nba-recaps, coz timvp really is knowing what he is talking bout and sets the focus on the players and not who was in attendence.

so yeah, I'm really missing them and its the first thing I'm looking for, when going on ST, but hey he is only human (at least I think so) and if he needs a break, he should take it!

so thanks timvp, I really appreciate them!

..and maybe there will be some in the future!

duncan228
02-23-2009, 02:02 AM
I remember I talked a bunch of crap to timvp about the speed with which he gets out his game thoughts last year...somehow I wound up doing an installment of them after one game.

Game Thoughts: Spurs @ Jazz Jan. 28 (2008) (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85897)

:)

Kori Ellis
02-23-2009, 02:16 AM
It's my fault actually.

I got promoted recently at one of my jobs. Because of this, I have been very very very busy as we were re-launching a site, etc.

Anyway, because of this, timvp has had to help out more on projects that we usually do together. So since he had to do more in that sense, Game Thoughts weren't a priority.

Three days in a row last week, we slept less than 2 hours each night. Crazy, right?

I promise, I'll let him get back to GTs this week. :)

whottt
02-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Hey thanks duncan228. It was nice to relive my moment in the sun as a guest game thoughter.

But it is funny...when you are supposed to come up with something to say it's like a job or something, and the thoughts just don't come as easily. I am pretty sure timvp has a nightly battle with that. It really isn't that easy to do.

katuso
02-23-2009, 02:17 AM
oh,COME ON

whottt
02-23-2009, 02:17 AM
It's my fault actually.

I got promoted recently at one of my jobs. Because of this, I have been very very very busy as we were re-launching a site, etc.

Anyway, because of this, timvp has had to help out more on projects that we usually do together. So since he had to do more in that sense, Game Thoughts weren't a priority.

Three days in a row last week, we slept less than 2 hours each night. Crazy, right?

Or...you could get ducks to take a turn as guest game thoughter :)

Chieflion
02-23-2009, 02:19 AM
Since I can only watch weekend games, I miss the game thoughts.

duncan228
02-23-2009, 02:32 AM
I got promoted recently at one of my jobs.

Congrats!

02-23-2009, 03:43 AM
popovich is just keeping timvp fresh for the playoffs. in the meantime we will be getting finley's game thoughts instead.:tu

whottt
02-23-2009, 03:48 AM
Finley's game thoughts would wind up in the d-league 2 forum except for like once a month :td

smeagol
02-23-2009, 04:10 AM
CD, whottt, Solid and other knowledgeable posters should chip in and share the pain of doing the GT . . .

m33p0
02-23-2009, 05:03 AM
dude, the man has a wife to satisfy. get off his nuts.

It's my fault actually.

See. Told ya'll.

polandprzem
02-23-2009, 05:30 AM
Leave timvp alone

He is working so hard to be the best he can in arcade ...

;)

timvp
02-23-2009, 07:07 AM
They'll return tomorrow :smokin

polandprzem
02-23-2009, 07:20 AM

new arcade?

Rogue
02-23-2009, 07:25 AM
I prefer Rogue's game thoughts.
but I won't do it anymore, it was a good try but I've found the fact that timvp is more knowledgable than I can ever be, my only regret is we can't have timvp to compose some game thoughts for mavs as well.

thank you for sponsoring my hilarious thoughts though.

sonic21
02-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Mcdonald's articles <<< timvp's GT

igruex
02-23-2009, 08:30 AM
GTs are, by far, the main reason why I've been reading ST regulary since 2006.

Bender
02-23-2009, 08:50 AM
oh yeah, I remember those Whott's Thoughts last year.... I watched that Jazz game, I think, but what did Udoka get ejected for...?

Allanon
02-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Since the Nets game, there have been no new game thoughts posted, and I would like to say that I can't go cold turkey much longer.:depressed

Is that you timvp?

:lol

whottt
02-23-2009, 09:13 AM
oh yeah, I remember those Whott's Thoughts last year.... I watched that Jazz game, I think, but what did Udoka get ejected for...?

I don't remember...I'm more concerned with the fact Udoka's Spurs career has completely hit the skids. It's been so long since he played a good game I forgot he ever played one....

Some guys(most of them actually) just don't play well if they aren't sure about the minutes they are going to get it....that's what has happened to Udoka.

Bulwark
02-23-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm a long-time lurker and rarely post. Recently, I've bothered to even register. Really enjoy the "Game Thoughts"

They're definitely a breath of fresh air from the usual forum (not necessarily this forum, but forums in general) banter and I find them insightful. Also I've seen other "Game Thoughts" or analysis posts on other forums and timvp actually can form complete sentences and follow a structure, which makes them easier to read.

Two cents deposited.

MoSpur
02-23-2009, 09:36 AM
I noticed they hadn't been posted a while back and searched for them like crazy and just came up w/the conclusion that they weren't being posted. Anyways, I miss them.

temujin
02-23-2009, 10:23 AM

Whott is finally -and seriously- focusing on Houston; he plans to put online his "Scola Thoughts" as the season progresses.

Game by game.

He is going to comparatively evaluate Scola's "perfomances" against the very worst in the league, and convince us that the latters are still better than the evil Argie.

The Scola Thoughts will become as classic as Timvp's Game Thoughts.

Manufan909
02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Is that you timvp?

:lol

Ha ha ha, nope. And slow your role, meepo. I won't go back to my OP and make sure, but IIRC, I clearly stated I thought he was busy. But they are, as MoSpur said, fantastic. Thus my impatience. If you got Olive Garden(insert nice restaurant if you don't love italian food), and get it once every few days, going back to nothing but McDonalds for a couple weeks is a bitch. McDonalds as a midnight snack is ok, but that's it.:ihit

Manufan909
02-23-2009, 01:29 PM
It's also hilarious to note SK is one of the "they were lame" votes.:lmao

WalterBenitez
02-23-2009, 01:38 PM
I remember I talked a bunch of crap to timvp about the speed with which he gets out his game thoughts last year...somehow I wound up doing an installment of them after one game. Point proved :tu It was a pain in the butt.

It's not as easy as he makes it look....and it is time consuming.

Still...no one ever said becoming famous and an in-demand celebrity was going to be easy.

Dont get me wrong, but you are my favorite hater :D

CIA Pop
02-23-2009, 05:11 PM

Glad to hear it. :toast

WalterBenitez
02-25-2009, 05:36 AM
Excellent, I prefer them to read a ESPN's recap:wakeup

Manufan909
03-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Not to call out timvp again(though there's no way this will look like anything else), but he never check his PMs, so it's all I've got.:lol

I just want to know if he'll do a 4 game recap following the Bobcats game, or a 5 one after the Lakers on Thursday. I haven't seen a gt since the game before the Mavs loss. Not seeing one for that forgettable performance is understandable, but I would've liked ones for the Wizards and the Suns.

I apologize beforehand since I know more iportant matters took priority, I'm just curious if he'll handle this like before.

Taladro
03-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Ok timvp. You win.
How much is it going to be?
I need them badly.:bang

benefactor
03-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Guys...give it a rest. Google is your friend. There are plenty of recaps and box scores out there. The man is not here to feed your hungry mouths every time you open them.

urunobili
03-10-2009, 08:51 AM
I wanted this last game one so bad... specially with the Hill 4th quarter performance... :depressed

SenorSpur
03-10-2009, 11:30 AM
It's my fault actually.

I got promoted recently at one of my jobs. :)

Where are our manners?

Congratulations on your promotion! Your workload just increased. :elephant

Manufan909
03-11-2009, 02:19 AM
Guys...give it a rest. Google is your friend. There are plenty of recaps and box scores out there. The man is not here to feed your hungry mouths every time you open them.

Fuck you, you bald, white trash sonofabitch(wouldn't say it to your face, cuz you outweigh me by like 40 lbs). How you can even consider comparing any game recap not written by timvp to his gts is beyond comprehension. I pity the fool who is ok with the shit on espn and nba.com.

But seriously, I read any and all gts, doesn't matter if I had fucking courtside seats behind Manu and Ian, I must have gts. They're an addiction of mine, even if I watched the game. Timvps insight is just too cool and insightful, plus he's always level-headed. Just want to remind him how some people seriously miss his thoughts.:toast

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 09:03 AM
I always thought the posts were well thought out and put together but I wouldn't miss them. I've got pretty strong opinions on stuff myself. I imagine dissecting a meaningless game against the Clippers in February / March could become tedious.

benefactor
03-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Fuck you, you bald, white trash sonofabitch(wouldn't say it to your face, cuz you outweigh me by like 40 lbs). How you can even consider comparing any game recap not written by timvp to his gts is beyond comprehension. I pity the fool who is ok with the shit on espn and nba.com.

But seriously, I read any and all gts, doesn't matter if I had fucking courtside seats behind Manu and Ian, I must have gts. They're an addiction of mine, even if I watched the game. Timvps insight is just too cool and insightful, plus he's always level-headed. Just want to remind him how some people seriously miss his thoughts.:toast
That's cool. As tmtcsc said, I like them too but I could live without them and I certainly won't beg for them like some do on this site. I have my own mind and make my own deductions even before reading them and they usually aren't much different...but he will occasionally sprinkle in a little bit of info I didn't consider.

I will assume your e-thuggery was sarcasm....

Manufan909
03-11-2009, 10:21 PM
That's cool. As tmtcsc said, I like them too but I could live without them and I certainly won't beg for them like some do on this site. I have my own mind and make my own deductions even before reading them and they usually aren't much different...but he will occasionally sprinkle in a little bit of info I didn't consider.

I will assume your e-thuggery was sarcasm....

You do that.:p: Naw, I was just making fun of your picture.:downspin:

And I cannot yet catch every little thing about all the players(who looks off, who kept missing rotations, etc.), so a detailed analysis is welcome.