PDA

View Full Version : Average salary working for a professional sports team

hillcountry09
02-23-2009, 05:17 PM
I have been looking into working for a professional sports team, preferably in Texas, and I was wondering if anyone here knows how much an entry-level position would pay.

Thunder Dan
02-23-2009, 05:27 PM
I have friends that work for the Cavs and Browns and the pay is pretty shitty, like 30k a year

peewee's lovechild
02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
I have friends that work for the Cavs and Browns and the pay is pretty shitty, like 30k a year

But they get to bask in Brady Quinn's greatness.

No amount of money can match that.

Thunder Dan
02-23-2009, 05:43 PM
But they get to bask in Brady Quinn's greatness.

No amount of money can match that.

I'd take minimum wage just to be able to call Brady Quinn a co worker

ashbeeigh
02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Wasn't it PakiDan that used to work for the Spurs?

PakiDan
02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Wasn't it PakiDan that used to work for the Spurs?

Yeah - I did. This is the way it broke down when I was there:

They hire their staff as seasonal which can be 3 to 5 months. During that time I made $750 every two weeks. At the end of the seasonal period they offer a full time position to the top 1 or 2 people in the seasonal field (usually about 10-12 people). My first year full time I was making about $26 k. Bullshit money. I've said this before, but, look at the staff and the guys with the laniards running around during a spurs game. They are all about 21-22 average. Young and Naive. Hungry enough to think they will get somewhere in that position, naive enough to not realize they are being taken advantage of. It's ALL prestige and NO $$$. There are a few guys there that bank, but they have been with the Spurs from the get go and make NO room for newcomers. But that's just my experience.