PDA

View Full Version : Do the Spurs have other plans?

Supergirl
02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Celtics-need-a-big-man-offer-Mikki-Moore-a-cont;_ylt=AjxRi2SLHLhPnRVCGJUcG1a8vLYF?urn=nba,143 334

Celtics have offered Mikki Moore a contract. Have the Spurs talked to him? I thought Pop liked him, and was expecting the Spurs to try and pick him up.

duncan228
02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
This is the last thing I've seen from the Spurs camp, it came out late Saturday night.

No roster freeze: The trade deadline has come and gone, but that doesn't mean teams are devoid of ways to improve their teams. There's a chance a veteran or two will be bought out by his team over the coming weeks and be looking for a new home.

Popovich said Saturday the Spurs had not ruled out making some sort of move.

“We're always looking for that kind of thing, sure,” Popovich said. “We're like everybody, looking at the wires, seeing who's available and (seeing) if you think that can make your team better.”

Sacramento center Mikki Moore appears to be the most likely candidate to go free-agent shopping. It's worth noting Robert Horry is still hanging out in Houston, not officially retired.

With 14 players under contract, the Spurs have an open roster slot if they feel compelled to make a move.

xtremesteven33
02-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Celtics can have him.

sananspursfan21
02-23-2009, 06:08 PM
hey he sounds good to me. any big man that can help down low will work for them. i think the final piece to the puzzle is one more big...

bigdog
02-23-2009, 06:16 PM
He is very liklely joining the Celtics after he clears waivers tomorrow.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2009_02_23_Mikki_Moore_expected_to_join_Celts/srvc=home&position=also

stxspurs
02-23-2009, 07:55 PM
maybe Pops being called up?

K-State Spur
02-23-2009, 08:13 PM
hey he sounds good to me. any big man that can help down low will work for them. i think the final piece to the puzzle is one more big...

i don't think he'd help much down low. his only real strengths are his ability to run the floor and occasionally block a shot from the weak side.

he doesn't have the range that Pop likes from a big man next to Duncan and he's not an overly strong post defender.

i think even Fab gives you more right now.

TDMVPDPOY
02-23-2009, 09:04 PM
i don't think he'd help much down low. his only real strengths are his ability to run the floor and occasionally block a shot from the weak side.

he doesn't have the range that Pop likes from a big man next to Duncan and he's not an overly strong post defender.

i think even Fab gives you more right now.

but his not afraid to dunk the ball in traffic

jermaine
02-23-2009, 09:25 PM
he long an love to TRY and rebound. Thats all you can ask!

TDMVPDPOY
02-23-2009, 09:37 PM
spurs had a plan B, which shouldve been exercised beginning at the season...which was to tank

HarlemHeat37
02-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Mikki Moore doesn't help us..he's actually a bad low post defender, and he isn't nearly as good as Bonner or Thomas, and probably isn't better than Oberto..

I'd rather give Pops a shot..

gingerwave
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
He is very liklely joining the Celtics after he clears waivers tomorrow.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2009_02_23_Mikki_Moore_expected_to_join_Celts/srvc=home&position=also

That's what it is looking like.

koriwhat
02-23-2009, 09:57 PM
spurs had a plan B, which shouldve been exercised beginning at the season...which was to tank

you never have anything good to say about the spurs... why's that? go west where all the other bandwagon fans tend to flock.

MI21
02-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Mikki has a very, very good midrange jumpshot. He would be a nice addition to the Celts, or any contending team.

superbigtime
02-23-2009, 10:14 PM
This is the last thing I've seen from the Spurs camp, it came out late Saturday night.

I wish some damn reporter would have the balls to ask Pop "Just who do you have in mind?" Would Pop bite his head off?

Rogue
02-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Celtics can have him.
celtics turtles will get nothing but your dick. spurs will never let the it go when they see a bargain, it'll really be a great deal if the spurs can finally only use a LLE to trap Moore who is way better than bonner in rebounding.

F celtics, Go Spurs :flag::flag: for the fifth :lobt2:

superbigtime
02-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Maybe Spurs holding on for Rasho? Did I just type that?

SpursDynasty
02-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Ian Mahinmi is flying under the radar. He will make his season debut in the WCF's against the Lakers, average 25 points, 12 boards, and 5 blocks a game.

Spursfan092120
02-23-2009, 10:27 PM

:jack
You sir, are an :idiot

duncan228
02-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Moore signs, Scalabrine out (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/)
Marc J. Spears, Globe Staff

Mikki Moore, the free-agent center who has been pursued by a handful of teams since he was waived by the Sacramento Kings Thursday, has signed with the Celtics, team president Danny Ainge has confirmed.

Contract terms were undisclosed, but he is expected to remain with the team for the rest of the season.

"He just provides energy and length, has really good hands, and played well in the playoffs in the past," Ainge said. "He was very excited to come to Boston. He was recruited by every contending playoff team. He really wanted to come [here]."

The Celtics, who have just 10 healthy bodies on the roster, could use the reinforcement at the moment. Further, Brian Scalabrine, who injured his neck during the Celtics' victory over the Nuggets last night, has been sent back to Boston for precautionary reasons. Ainge said he does not have a concussion but is suffering from concussion-like symptoms. Scalabrine was sidelined with a concussion earlier this season.

Moore, who cleared waivers at 10 a.m., is flying from Sacramento to Los Angeles, where he is expected to catch up with the team late this morning (Pacific Standard Time). He will meet with coaching staff and undergo his physical today, and should be at the team shootaround tomorrow morning in preparation for tomorrow night's game versus the Clippers.

The 33-year-old has averaged 5.9 points and 3.9 rebounds per game in his 11-year career. His best season was 2006-07, when he averaged 9.8 points and 5.1 rebounds per game for the New Jersey Nets.

This season, the 7-footer averaged 3.5 points and 3.3 rebounds for the Kings in 46 games.

This will be Moore's second stint with the Celtics, though his first go-round was brief: He played three games with the Green in 2002-03.

Moore is generally regarded as a quick and willing defensive player who plays with a lot of enthusiasm, but who can sometimes be overpowered by bigger players. Offensively, he is limited, but he moves well without the ball and typically shoots a high percentage.

Chad Finn of the Globe staff contributed to this report.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-24-2009, 05:27 PM
From what I saw of Mikki Moore in a Kings uni this season, the league's other GMs shouldn't lose any sleep over this signing. Francisco Elson would be a better signing...IMHO.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Horry would have been a scarier signing for the rest of the league...IMHO.

CIA Pop
02-24-2009, 05:30 PM
I wish some damn reporter would have the balls to ask Pop "Just who do you have in mind?" Would Pop bite his head off?

Yes, but only in such a way that the reporter would not realize it until it was way too late.