PDA

View Full Version : Barkley Going to Jail

sonic21
02-23-2009, 06:44 PM
link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3929251)

Barkley will serve five days in jail, must enter an alcohol awareness program and was fined more than $2,000. He starts serving his sentence March 21.

Barkley, 45, had a blood-alcohol level of .149 percent, nearly twice the legal limit of .08 percent in Arizona when he was pulled over.

djohn2oo8
02-23-2009, 06:45 PM
did michael phelps serve time for his DUI?

tlongII
02-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Racism!

ploto
02-23-2009, 07:18 PM
He already said his plea bargain would probably include some time in jail: 5 days means he can do it between TNT gigs (Sat- Wed)! :lol

YoMamaIsCallin
02-23-2009, 09:09 PM
in Arizona, a BAL of .15 or greater is "Extreme DUI" which carries a mandatory 30 day jail sentence with 20 days suspended by completing alcohol education.

It's really amazing how Charles (one of the most famous residents of Phoenix) managed to luck out with a .149.

Isn't it????

Oh by the way a BAL of .30 or greater puts you at significant risk of death.

hater
02-23-2009, 09:12 PM
he got off easy.

I did 3 days in jail for going 100mph.. sober.

TDMVPDPOY
02-23-2009, 09:16 PM
instead of donuts, he be requesting sammiches, actually its mandatory in there anyway...dont back down chuck

DieMrBond
02-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Barkley pleads guilty to DUI, will serve 5 days in jail
by FOXSports.com
According to Scottsdale court records, the 45-year-old former NBA star pleaded guilty Monday to one misdemeanor charges related to the same drunken driving arrest.

The NBA television commentator and basketball Hall of Famer is set to begin a five-day jail sentence on March 21. He must pay more than $2,000 in fines and attend an alcohol treatment program. Under Arizona law, he'll also be forced to install an ignition interlock device on his vehicles.

Barkley was stopped by police Dec. 31 shortly after leaving a Scottsdale nightclub. He was arrested after failing a field sobriety test.

"This is just my bad, no excuses," Barkley said in an interview last week. "I think that a DUI is unacceptable. That can't happen and I've got to challenge other people, not just celebrities or jocks. You have to really think before getting behind the wheel after you've been drinking."

Barkley apologized to his family, employer and the league, saying he had embarrassed them. He thanked a long list of friends — including Hall of Famers Larry Bird and Moses Malone — for checking in on him.

He vowed he would start using a driver when he goes out in public and would not get behind the wheel after any drinking.

"I let so many people down," he said. "It just (stinks) watching the shows and not being there. I screwed this up."

Barkley's DUI stop came under rather unusual circumstances. A copy of the police report revealed the bizarre details.

"I was gonna drive around the corner and get (oral sex)," Barkley told a police officer, according to the official police report. He explained that the girl had performed oral sex on him a week earlier, and it was the best such experience of his life.

Later, Barkley told a civilian Gilbert Police Department employee that he would "tattoo my name on your (butt)" if the employee would get him out of the DUI, according to the police report. Barkley then laughed and corrected himself, saying, "I'll tattoo your name on my (butt)," before laughing again, according to the report.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Capt Bringdown
02-23-2009, 11:14 PM
"Round Mound of Rebound" isn't a good moniker in the joint I would think.
http://www.fearthegooberzilla.com/pics/deliverance04.JPG
"You got a purty mouth..."