Spurs Brazil
02-23-2009, 07:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3928825

Bob Lanier
02-23-2009, 07:58 PM
The Jazz shouldn't let him.

Kai
02-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Whether it's positive or negative, he will definitely have an impact on the team.

Kai
02-23-2009, 09:12 PM
He's playing right now on NBA TV.

Bob Lanier
02-24-2009, 01:34 AM
Wow, it's amazing how much better Millsap is than Boozer.

Kai
02-24-2009, 01:35 AM
And cheaper^^

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 01:39 AM
No way is Millsap better. Boozer was putting up sick numbers before his injury. Jazz were just decent without Boozer. He will make them better.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 01:39 AM
Besides BL, Boozer will be a Piston next season ;)

Bob Lanier
02-24-2009, 01:58 AM
I've changed my affiliation before and I can do it again.

As for Boozer v. Millsap, I'd say it goes like this:

Boozer: Offense 7/10, Rebounding 9/10, Defense 2/10 = Gross Total 18/30. Itemized Deductions -1 for being a scumbag, -2 for being injury-prone, -2 for his disgusting face = Net Total 13/30.
Millsap: Offense 5/10, Rebounding 8/10, Defense 7/10 = Gross Total 20/30. Standard Deduction -1 = Net Total 19/30.

That's a 46% difference even before you factor in the economics of the matter.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 02:02 AM
I've changed my affiliation before and I can do it again.

As for Boozer v. Millsap, I'd say it goes like this:

Boozer: Offense 7/10, Rebounding 9/10, Defense 2/10 = Gross Total 18/30. Itemized Deductions -1 for being a scumbag, -2 for being injury-prone, -2 for his disgusting face = Net Total 13/30.
Millsap: Offense 5/10, Rebounding 8/10, Defense 7/10 = Gross Total 20/30. Standard Deduction -1 = Net Total 19/30.

That's a 46% difference even before you factor in the economics of the matter.

I like the last 3 variables for Boozer. It actually does figure into the equation well except for the disgusting face part :lol

Kai
02-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Those damn Jazz. They are looking very, very good right now.:flipoff

Ghazi
02-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Once they get on the road I assure you they wont.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah, Utah won't get a top 4 seed unless they win their division, but it still won't guarantee home court in the first round. We could easily see a Utah going to Houston for the 3rd straight season.

mogrovejo
02-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Boozer is an awesome offensive player who doesn't get the respect he deserves. He's the best screener/cutter in the game, he's flawless from a fundamentals perspective.

Too bad he's so mediocre and inconsistent defensively.

Nice to see him coming back, I like bigs with solid fundamentals and the Jazz game is much more funny with him. Also, he's vastly superior to Millsap (and I like PM); the Jazz have a chance of making a good playoffs run as long as Boozer is healthy and in-form.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Boozer is an awesome offensive player who doesn't get the respect he deserves. He's the best screener/cutter in the game, he's flawless from a fundamentals perspective.

Too bad he's so mediocre and inconsistent defensively.

Nice to see him coming back, I like bigs with solid fundamentals and the Jazz game is much more funny with him. Also, he's vastly superior to Millsap (and I like PM); the Jazz have a chance of making a good playoffs run as long as Boozer is healthy and in-form.

They will probably win their first round matchup but lose to the Lakers again in the 2nd round. Boozer will get neutralized by the Lakers big.

mogrovejo
02-24-2009, 02:28 PM
They will probably win their first round matchup but lose to the Lakers again in the 2nd round. Boozer will get neutralized by the Lakers big.

Hmm... I'd rather face some other team in the 2nd round if I were the Lakers. Two teams who will struglle to stop the opponent's offence... kind of risky. The Lakers would ultimately prevail, but more due to Utah's inability to slow down Kobe and Gasol. Still, it'd be risky, especially if the refs allow the game to be more physical. I wouldn't be surprised to see Odom getting lots of minutes if this series happen.

Pelicans78
02-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Hmm... I'd rather face some other team in the 2nd round if I were the Lakers. Two teams who will struglle to stop the opponent's offence... kind of risky. The Lakers would ultimately prevail, but more due to Utah's inability to slow down Kobe and Gasol. Still, it'd be risky, especially if the refs allow the game to be more physical. I wouldn't be surprised to see Odom getting lots of minutes if this series happen.

Lakers can't defend Williams, but they will still win at the most in 6.

Bob Lanier
02-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Boozer is an awesome offensive player who doesn't get the respect he deserves.
An "awesome" offensive player? He's on Kareem's level as a big man? Olajuwon's? O'Neal's?

How about Duncan's? Nowitzki's?

How about Ewing's? Robinson's?

How about Pau Gasol's?

No, he's at least three tiers below "awesome".

tlongII
02-24-2009, 03:36 PM
The Jazz are good. I don't care what their road record is currently. DWill can flat out play ball! They will go as far as he takes them.

sribb43
02-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Milsap = David Lee

Boozer>>>>Milsap

mogrovejo
02-24-2009, 05:05 PM
An "awesome" offensive player? He's on Kareem's level as a big man? Olajuwon's? O'Neal's?

How about Duncan's? Nowitzki's?

How about Ewing's? Robinson's?

How about Pau Gasol's?

No, he's at least three tiers below "awesome".

I think he's at least on Ewing's tier, although I think he's superior. Let me explain the use of the qualifier awesome, as it's also an expression of a personal taste, or the subjective way I see the game (very much like I believe that McHale was a more "awesome" post player than any of those you quote - and not because he was a C- although certainly not the "best" one).

I think the proper use of screens angles is one of the most underrated and worst executed aspects of the game these days. There are plenty of guys who can set screens, in terms of getting on a wide and low stance, but how many can indeed use them properly? As a big fan of screening, sometimes I cringe with what I see in the NBA: there are more than a handful of All-Stars who have never learnt what's the right foot to pivot. Screening is a lot about foot and body positioning, where to face and how to roll off it and being physical.

I have to leave now, I'll edit this post later on.